Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-11, 22:27   Link #21
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Alison's website has been updated, and I have very mixed feelings about this.

First the downsides: WTF is wrong with the artists!? Yeah I know Kohaku Kuroboshi (Kino no Tabi) is really hard to translate to anime (well, too hard to adapt period), but those drawings look downright 1980s. Wilhelm's an awesome character, very cool and level headed, but he looks too generic here. Huge disappointment.
yeah it really annoys me how some Light Novel art is never kept when put into anime.
With the show Kurenai coming up, the anime art looks really sad (by sad I mean the characters look sad) while the novels art make the characters normal.

Same with Kino. She looks wayyyy to boyish in the anime. The novels art makes it more obvious

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 15:10   Link #22
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I dont know much about Allison to Lilia but i like the character designs. So this is from the creators of Kino's travels?
Old 2008-02-24, 11:34   Link #23
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Additional seiyu cast announced.
Benedict: Yamadera Kouichi. Another "old-school" seiyu. Cowboy Bebop (Spike Spiegel), Ghost in the Shell (Togusa), Lohmeyer-senpai (Honey and Clover)
Fiona: Noto Mamiko.
Old 2008-02-25, 09:39   Link #24
wao
OK.

Quote:
Benedict: Yamadera Kouichi.
Suddenly I'm 1000x more interested in watching this! That is, depending on what kind of person Benedict is; I find Yamadera downright irresistable when he does roles like Ginjiro from Oh! Edo Rocket. I wonder what sort of person Benedict is (well, I'll just watch and find out I suppose).
Old 2008-02-25, 11:09   Link #25
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

hmmm none of the staff are familiar to me.

Also never watched Kino No Tabi.
Madhouse though i know but they do give me mixed feelings whenever they are involved.

Though novel adaptation are always worth looking out for
Old 2008-02-28, 06:54   Link #26
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Madhouse always disappoint whenever I expect them to do well. Nevertheless, if the writer also wrote Kino no Tabi, this might be rather interesting. The concept of travels and war always appeal to me, so I am looking forward to it.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 00:14   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

The new image looks a lot better than the intial one... Oh btw thanks for compiling that list of Madhouse productions wao
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 01:52   Link #28
wao
OK.

Well, the new image is an improvement over the old one in that it's got more people and it's more informative, but... gaaah, I still hate those colours. And there's so many highlights.

And Impz has a point about Madhouse being disappointing at times; I can still only hope this'll be less like Saiunkoku's animation quality - or rather, the story will be so good that I won't care about bad animation
Old 2008-02-29, 01:58   Link #29
Westlo
Lets be reality

Madhouse have pretty much messed up the anime designs for this and Himitsu, I just hope it looks better in motion.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 16:38   Link #30
Kuroba
Doramachikku

As a big fan of Kino's Journey and Madhouse (Though I admit that some of their anime can turn out to be quite dissapointing...), I'm excited for Allison to Lillia to be adapted. However, the designs looks very generic and Kohaku Kurohoshi's original illustrations were lovely; hopefully it will look better in motion. Also, I'm not happy that the Mokke director is attached to this project because while Mokke had potential, I felt it failed on many levels. But all-all, I can only hope for the best.
Kuroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:04   Link #31
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
The site was updated again on the third...there are more links about the story, the characters, cast & crew as well as a list of news items.

Any reason why Fiona is never pictured? Before they updated the site they had no picture of her either...

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 10:51   Link #32
Mitheor

New trailer ^^
Mitheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 11:27   Link #33
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
My interest is burning because of the mentions of Madhouse, Nana Mizuki, Mamiko Noto and Mister Yamadera =D

Then I heard mention of alt WWII settings with the airplanes.

and now I saw the trailer: Interest is OVER 9000!!!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 11:33   Link #34
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'm going to watch this show only because its writer wrote Kino no Tabi, a very good anime in my opinion.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 11:52   Link #35
ZODDGUTS

Ugh at the male leads voice it just had to be Naruto's which is loud and annoying. The girl's voice though is a preferct fit.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 13:57   Link #36
Dop
Mmmm....

TIGER MOTH!!!

The trailer got me the moment I saw the Tiger Moth. If this series is going to involve lots of flying around in vintage aeroplanes, I am totally going to watch it.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 17:35   Link #37
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

The trailer was thoroughly unimpressive. I know it's hard to judge the entire basis on a series on a minute and a half worth of scenes, but the animation looks mediocre and character designs are generic. Since I don't know much about the story, the only thing going for it so far is "writer of Kino no Tabi" and "Madhouse".
MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 17:38   Link #38
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

After watching the new trailer...:

Still can't say much about the story, but the girl's voice is fine... but the guy's voice was completely unexpected for me, and not in a good way at that...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 22:16   Link #39
Falkor

I don't know what to expect after watching the trailer, but my interest for the show is still the same. That's without saying that Mamiko Noto and Nana Mizuki are involved, especially the latter who is doing the heroine.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 19:53   Link #40
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
This trailer is still an improvement over the old one, so I'll just take what I can get.

I'm still willing to check this series out...

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, historical, shounen