AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-12, 22:24   Link #4741
Diveman

Now that I think about Shou's case, is not uncommon for women to do that. One of the girls I met this year, told me she moved with her husband last year, and now like 2 months ago he hit her because an argument and she left, so I told her "don't you ever go back to him, if he did that once, he'll do it again" and she listened to me and moved away. And now that I talk to her, turns out their are back together again??? Come on, have some self respect girl.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 22:45   Link #4742
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Now that I think about Shou's case, is not uncommon for women to do that. One of the girls I met this year, told me she moved with her husband last year, and now like 2 months ago he hit her because an argument and she left, so I told her "don't you ever go back to him, if he did that once, he'll do it again" and she listened to me and moved away. And now that I talk to her, turns out their are back together again??? Come on, have some self respect girl.
Yeah...I heard similar stories, I thought we are suppose to learn from our mistakes?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 23:44   Link #4743
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Like I said already.
"I have read a couple of years ago an article that was saying that 40% of women go back to the guy that treatet them badly( beating, cheating, etc...) and Shou fits perfectly in that catogory of women. "
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 02:12   Link #4744
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

GE got cancelled?

Man this shit started really well too.

Ah well, fucking end it already.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 08:37   Link #4745
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
GE got cancelled?

It will. Just two chapters to go.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 14:38   Link #4746
Zetsubo
著述遮断

So all together bad story telling killed another one.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 17:22   Link #4747
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
GE got cancelled?

Not sure if its cancelled, but the confirm date of the last chapter is January 9, 2013. We'll see how it goes.
Old 2012-12-15, 07:20   Link #4748
Znail

This ending seems pretty natural to me, so it may not be cancelled, but rather just getting to the ending.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 08:42   Link #4749
Insane
Banned

Perhaps this is one of the reasons people often move over to "seinen romance" after a few (dozen) shounen harem series. You get stronger (or at least more varied) male leads and often more complex female characters. In my opinion, Utsumi is weak, extremely weak male lead which usually does nothing but crying like little baby whenever gotten into dilemma. At first glance, it would make him look sympathetic, but if it was getting repeated endlessly, readers gonna get sick with him and the forced drama that surrounding him.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:50   Link #4750
Suzuku
(`・⊝・Ž)/\(`・⊝・Ž)

What is a seinen romance? I've never seen one. All I see is Shoujo after shounen romances.
Old 2012-12-15, 18:59   Link #4751
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
What is a seinen romance? I've never seen one. All I see is Shoujo after shounen romances.
More adult, an example is Minamoto-kun Monogatari (warning that manga is a tease with its contents).
Old 2012-12-15, 19:02   Link #4752
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
A list of seinen romance.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.h...orderby=rating
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 19:08   Link #4753
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Perhaps this is one of the reasons people often move over to "seinen romance" after a few (dozen) shounen harem series. You get stronger (or at least more varied) male leads and often more complex female characters. In my opinion, Utsumi is weak, extremely weak male lead which usually does nothing but crying like little baby whenever gotten into dilemma. At first glance, it would make him look sympathetic, but if it was getting repeated endlessly, readers gonna get sick with him and the forced drama that surrounding him.
I really hate that I havn't read a good romance manga since Eensy Weensy Monster, and i think that was shoujo. Horimiya is looking really good too, but I get what you're saying. There are endless ways to push a story along without using overly dramatic situations repeatedly through out the story.. it just kills me to read it.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 19:16   Link #4754
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I really hate that I havn't read a good romance manga since Eensy Weensy Monster, and i think that was shoujo. Horimiya is looking really good too, but I get what you're saying. There are endless ways to push a story along without using overly dramatic situations repeatedly through out the story.. it just kills me to read it.
Will look into "Eensy Weensy Monster"

Have you read Ichigo 100%?
Old 2012-12-15, 19:20   Link #4755
Znail

I would recomend Ai Yori Aoshi as an example of Seinen romance and also a nice read in that there aren't that much uneeded drama with most of it related to the actual main plot.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 19:35   Link #4756
Insane
Banned

The fatal flaw of Good Ending is probably the way character development and the story work in this series makes it a much harder to stick with for a long run. In other words, the main issue of this story is the story itself.
Old 2012-12-15, 20:52   Link #4757
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
The fatal flaw of Good Ending is probably the way character development and the story work in this series makes it a much harder to stick with for a long run. In other words, the main issue of this story is the story itself.
Nah, I would say that. It just the story progress too long. If it ended around 100, it would have been rated a B- manga in my opinion.
Old 2012-12-15, 20:55   Link #4758
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
More adult, an example is Minamoto-kun Monogatari (warning that manga is a tease with its contents).
No, that is a poor example of a serious romance. Just because it has more sexual content doesn't mean it's more adult.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 20:57   Link #4759
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, that is a poor example of a serious romance. Just because it has more sexual content doesn't mean it's more adult.
If you mean serious Romance than yeah it is, I thought he was asking for the general meaning of the genre.
Old 2012-12-16, 05:47   Link #4760
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The thing people have to remember about ShoRom protagonists, is that they are pretty much obsessed with the main girl to the point of it being unhealthy. They will willingly take a girl who treats them like crap over a girl who's really loving and nice to them (see Suzuka). The main girl can make a ton of mistakes, do some horrible things, and the MC can be with someone else, but as soon as that girl says she still loves him, he'll drop his current girl like a hot potato and go rushing back.
We are talking about DUDES here. In a way, it mirrors real life situation, in which dudes always love challenge. With bitchy girl type, you need to exert more mental and physical effort to attain their attention and ultimately, their heart. There's more at stake. You are betting your pride as a dude to turn the odds into your favour. With nice girls...well, you don't really need to work extra hard. The challenge is not there. Speaking personally, the art of flirtation and all that comes before the relationship is cemented depends on how challenging and fun it is to get the girl. The girl is your ultimate trophy after all.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi