AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 28.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 19.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 14.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.96%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-20, 13:50   Link #41
Toonleap

My post for the usual episode...

The song that Haruhi is humming is the famous "Can Can" song if everyone wonders....

That really made me laugh...and also Mikuru and Yuki using their costumes sure brought me memories from episode 00
Old 2009-08-20, 13:58   Link #42
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Toonleap - Thanks for that. I don't watch the Raws; I don't know Japanese, and it would spoil the sub-watching experience for me, imo; but it's good to see a nice selection of stills in order to comment on the artwork anyway.

The artwork looks a little bit better this week, judging by those stills, but I'll have to watch the full episode before I can say more than that.
Old 2009-08-20, 14:18   Link #43
Toonleap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Toonleap - Thanks for that. I don't watch the Raws; I don't know Japanese, and it would spoil the sub-watching experience for me, imo; but it's good to see a nice selection of stills in order to comment on the artwork anyway.

The artwork looks a little bit better this week, judging by those stills, but I'll have to watch the full episode before I can say more than that.
Thanks for your comments...It will be very interesting to read your opinions once you watch the sub....
Old 2009-08-20, 16:05   Link #44
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
Thank you!!
Old 2009-08-20, 16:18   Link #45
haruhi.ism
haruhi and yuki <3

Send a message via AIM to haruhi.ism
i liked the episode.
haurhi is still looking a little K-ON, which bothers me, but eh.
i'm just waiting for mikuru beaaaaaam!
Old 2009-08-20, 16:21   Link #46
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I hrd you people like Deagles.
Old 2009-08-20, 18:05   Link #47
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Toy's barrels are too long. Hurts my wrist thinking about that thing again. It's just too big (not the bullet, the freaking handgrip and slide release is too far away) What moose Israeli is going to be able to use that thing day in and out? It is fun though. Massive amount of flame...but the trigger is touchy due to that massive slide action (normal recoil, then that thing slams back into place pulls your hand downwards making it possible to fire a second shot...not a good thing.)
Old 2009-08-20, 22:00   Link #48
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Yay! Can't wait for subbed movie-making. Or...commercial making, whichever one was shown more so far.

*secret 'subs are out' post*

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-20, 22:13   Link #49
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Downloading some subs . I cant believe how quiet everyone is about the new episodes. Everyone complains NON STOP when Endless eight was on but now we actually HAVE something, no one talks about it. No wonder Kadokawa pulled that troll, it made the fanbase active :P.
Old 2009-08-20, 22:17   Link #50
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I thought it was funny to see Haruhi directing a scene we've seen from Kyon's (the camera) point of view...some three year, four months, and 17 days ago. Also the large group of men watching as they make those advertizements makes it even funnier than it was before.
Old 2009-08-20, 22:23   Link #51
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
Downloading some subs . I cant believe how quiet everyone is about the new episodes. Everyone complains NON STOP when Endless eight was on but now we actually HAVE something, no one talks about it. No wonder Kadokawa pulled that troll, it made the fanbase active :P.
No. Endless 8 killed the extravagant enthusiasm for the season when it started airing. After the gimmick of "will E8 end this week?" ceased being relevant, people started tuning out.
Old 2009-08-20, 22:32   Link #52
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Endless 8 killed the extravagant enthusiasm for the season when it started airing.
I must sadly agree with this. Since I stopped watching the EE disaster, I only watched the episode where it ended. I haven't even bothered to watch Episode 10 yet. =/
Old 2009-08-20, 22:34   Link #53
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Given the fact that most of the fanbase seems to be pretty "meh" about Sigh, I think this would've happened even without E8x8.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-20, 22:36   Link #54
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

That's possible, although I'll probably tune in for the interesting scenes.. If you know what I mean.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:04   Link #55
aulzon

I feel really bad for Kyon and Asahina in this episode. Hanging around Haruhi has to be pretty draining on them.

Overall, pretty great episode, the ending was a bit abrupt.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:06   Link #56
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

loved this episode, it was hilarious and the animation was up from last week
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-08-20, 23:07   Link #57
Launch
Bug Catcher

I quite liked this episode, the character designs and the moving-people-in-backgrounds were all great in this one. (I think there was one face-shot of Mikuru that seemed a bit odd. I'll have to confirm when I watch it again later xD).

I'm under the impression that KyoAni is animating this to give the feeling of a single long episode, just chopped up into bits. It really makes it feel movie-like, I can't wait to marathon all the episodes. xD

Seeing all the characters' reactions to Haruhi's casting was great (I don't think we've ever seen Koizumi shocked before). The guy snapping a picture of Mikuru on his phone/Kyon's reaction was funny. Oh and the scene were Yuki walks in randomly with her witch costume on. Good moments. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS Dan SlaveMonkey View Post
Was that a Haruhi-chan reference just now?
I'm not sure... The mother/boys lines were basically exactly the same, but it'd be weird for a series to reference a spin-off of itself xD.

Haruhi-chan might have been a reference to Sighs, even though it hadn't aired yet...
but they might have already had it finished...
and decided to reference something that hadn't even been released yet...
Then everyone watches this episode and has even more deja-vu than was present in E8...
I'm going to stop thinking about this. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
Yeah I know, usually I would sign on about this time to comment on an E8 episode and there would be about 20 pages or so. Now there's 3. xD
Old 2009-08-20, 23:09   Link #58
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Haven't seen the sub yet, but did Haruhi allow Mikuru to remove the contact for the shooting scene? She's back to normal eyes again. Or are Haruhi's powers already starting to work?
Old 2009-08-20, 23:14   Link #59
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Haven't seen the sub yet, but did Haruhi allow Mikuru to remove the contact for the shooting scene? She's back to normal eyes again. Or are Haruhi's powers already starting to work?
I didn't notice that...I'm guessing it's Haruhi's power's starting to work. Or sloppy animation. I'll give KyoAni the benefit of the doubt.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:21   Link #60
Launch
Bug Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm pretty sure she took it out. In the original Ep 00 she doesn't have the contact in while shooting at Yuki. Then it cuts to a close up of Mikuru with it in. (The transition is funny as well, she makes the Mikuru-Beam pose twice. One without contact, then one with. xD Didn't notice Kyon's terrible editing there before.. xD)
Closed Thread