5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-07, 13:55   Link #361
Gravitas Free Zone

I would give the show hilarious points if Eren came out of the other end of the Titan intact... though possibly with some loss of dignity.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 14:13   Link #362
Claym0re

As Byakou guessed right by "realistic" I was referring to the way they are picturing the harsh reality of this war in its on universe. You go in and you die.

But to be fair I was disappointed that after all this buildup they couldn't even take out atleast one titan and _then_ got massacared. Most of the people were like "Shuuushhh its more realistic that way" and I had some argument with them because of this.

I am wondering how these people will react if Eren turns out to be alive in some miracelous way. Thats why I said he better stays dead. Hell even Ill say ****you to the anime if he cuts himself out of the titan's bellly with his sword in the next episode.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 14:18   Link #363
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claym0re View Post
As Byakou guessed right by "realistic" I was referring to the way they are picturing the harsh reality of this war in its on universe. You go in and you die.

But to be fair I was disappointed that after all this buildup they couldn't even take out atleast one titan and _then_ got massacared. Most of the people were like "Shuuushhh its more realistic that way" and I had some argument with them because of this.

I am wondering how these people will react if Eren turns out to be alive in some miracelous way. Thats why I said he better stays dead. Hell even Ill say ****you to the anime if he cuts himself out of the titan's bellly with his sword in the next episode.
There is no problem for him to be alive as long as they don't pull it out of their A**
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 17:50   Link #364
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

left with despair.....

what an episode!!!!
they just got hyped up... then wiped out like worms... (because even bugs is harder to be killed than them)

oh yea.. I think Mikasa deserved to be hugged...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 17:52   Link #365
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
left with despair.....

what an episode!!!!
they just got hyped up... then wiped out like worms... (because even bugs is harder to be killed than them)

oh yea.. I think Mikasa deserved to be hugged...
If Eren survives.... It'll be awkward.. Welcome to incest...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 18:31   Link #366
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If Eren survives.... It'll be awkward.. Welcome to incest...
But they aren't siblings. They are just in the "Will they? Won't they? The dram--TITANS!!"
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 18:34   Link #367
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
But they aren't siblings. They are just in the "Will they? Won't they? The dram--TITANS!!"
Still they grew up together. I love this...
Old 2013-05-07, 18:47   Link #368
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
yeah, they're more like close childhood friends
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 19:05   Link #369
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
yeah, they're more like close childhood friends
closer than siblings??? hell yeah!

actually I really hope there's no early spoiler because this series will be better for us (not the manga-reader)
but... we can't avoid that...

I do think Eren can teleport fast to Titan's mouth because of his 3D weapon... just throw up ropes then you can transport your body fast without using your leg
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 19:11   Link #370
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I do think Eren can teleport fast to Titan's mouth because of his 3D weapon... just throw up ropes then you can transport your body fast without using your leg
Is possible to slice yourself out or try to slice the nape part from the inside before going down the esophagus..?
Old 2013-05-07, 20:10   Link #371
zRichard

Quote:
Is possible to slice yourself out or try to slice the nape part from the inside before going down the esophagus..?
I guess so, if you can somehow find proper footing while in there... Eren could have shot (sadly, only) one of his hooks inside the giant's throat and cut himself out of it without getting digested.
Old 2013-05-07, 20:17   Link #372
n120cky

I belive what happen to Eren saving scene timing inconsistent is because of over dramatization, even if Eren survive I dont' see why it will become awkward, who would dare to hug Mikasa other than Eren?

Last edited by n120cky; 2013-05-08 at 08:14.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 20:18   Link #373
NoemiChan
Banned

A lovers hug....
Old 2013-05-07, 20:24   Link #374
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I don't know who said that that is "realistic", but I doubt that everyone that argued with you did it for that reason.

I don't mean to say you are wrong or anything but perhaps this isn't the show for you if you felt disappointed by that.

Perhaps it would be useful if you read the analysis I made here

This should give you a pretty good idea of what kind of show is Shingeki no Kyojin.

Basically it is meant to make you feel that humanity has absolutely no hopes, that humanity doesn't even stand a chance, and I can agree to a certain extent that this story goes overboard with that to the point that it makes you wonder why do they even try.
But that follows a precise will of the author, and people like that. The manga is extremely popular.

If you don't like that and prefer a show where there is more balance between humanity and its enemy perhaps you should look elsewhere. Well, actually stay a bit more, at least until you see the first titan getting killed.
But anyway you should be prepared to see a lot of ownage from the wrong side.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 22:27   Link #375
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Still they grew up together. I love this...
So? Mikasa is an osananajimi. Eren's parents never adopted her. (You could tell by the lack of the last name change.) If anything, the ED keeps hinting of the pairing.
Old 2013-05-07, 22:36   Link #376
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So? Mikasa is an osananajimi. Eren's parents never adopted her. (You could tell by the lack of the last name change.) If anything, the ED keeps hinting of the pairing.
Kyojin reminds me of Claymore in terms of the setting and mood, so my guess would be that similar to Claymore, there may be romantic undertones here and there throughout the series, but nothing explicit will happen for at least a while due to them being at war and having to deal with more pressing issues than romance.
Old 2013-05-08, 00:44   Link #377
Claym0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Perhaps it would be useful if you read the analysis I made here

This should give you a pretty good idea of what kind of show is Shingeki no Kyojin.

Basically it is meant to make you feel that humanity has absolutely no hopes, that humanity doesn't even stand a chance, and I can agree to a certain extent that this story goes overboard with that to the point that it makes you wonder why do they even try.
I did read your analysis and I wholeheartedly agree. I understand what the author is trying to tell us, but for me the whole setup and whats happening is a contradiciton. Here are my reasons:

Humanity built three 50 meters height walls to have a place where they can live (stated in second episode). Do you know how much time, material and manpower it takes to do such a project while they had to repel the _constant_ attack of the titans?

We see every soldier using the 3D gear (even during the 100 years of peace). Its not just an elite squad, but even the gruntiest grunt has it. Your very first test at the beginning of your training is to check whether you are capable of using the 3D gear or not. If not, you go to the farms. After this they train you for years to master it. For me this tells that the 3D gear is a battle tested and already proven method to kill titans. Hell even in the _intro_ we see how it should work.

I really liked the first four episodes. Humanity wasn't prepared, got ambushed and got their ass kicked. You saw the terror, everything felt real.

But I find it quite offensive that the exact same thing is happening after years of preparation, especially since this whole fantasy world coulnd't exist without humanity putting up some fight. I don't wanna see naruto-ish miracles, and yes soldiers have to die, but I believe everything should be a lot more balanced.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 00:56   Link #378
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Everyone is praising this anime being realistic so he better stays dead.
Eh there's a pretty obvious out from that dream/flashback? sequence at the start of episode 3. (combined with a certain sequence from ep 5...) I really can't see any other way from what has been presented, but hey we'll see next week.

Still did not seriously expect the episode to end the way it did, thankfully I stopped reading the manga after three chapters.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 00:59   Link #379
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
But I find it quite offensive that the exact same thing is happening after years of preparation
All the civilians that have survived and are being evacuated safely this time would like to disagree with you

Last edited by totoum; 2013-05-08 at 07:31.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 01:07   Link #380
Dawnstorm

Quote:

Humanity built three 50 meters height walls to have a place where they can live (stated in second episode). Do you know how much time, material and manpower it takes to do such a project while they had to repel the _constant_ attack of the titans?
Ever since Eren said in episode 1 that he didn't want humans to live like cattle I've operated on the assumption that the titans built the walls to keep all the humans in one place. Easier to find them that way.

It's probably wrong, but I'll indulge until proven differently.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote