AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-16, 20:36   Link #1901
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

And speaking of illegal fansubs:

Spoiler for Part 1:
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 20:49   Link #1902
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_ping View Post
and speaking of illegal fansubs:

Spoiler for part 1:
yeahhhh thanks a lot!
Old 2012-08-16, 21:12   Link #1903
Deltaray

Even I had hard time readin gthat part for many of the more uncommon English words, and such, I can only imagine how it is to translate it :c
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 23:24   Link #1904
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

Spoiler for Part 1:
Thanks dude. If only i wasn't so sleepy. Well, at least I got some excellent reading material for school
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 05:38   Link #1905
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
There are many translators who worked on that project and it's fairly obvious that a significant number of them are far from being sufficiently proficient in English grammar. But no one's stopping you from submitting corrections There's a fair amount that could be fixed easily even without understanding Japanese. Not that I would ever advise anyone to work on illegal translations. Really, don't do it (but then you can't really complain if someone else does a shoddy job).
Ah, I was under the impression that would be seen as A) Rude as it's not translating and B) underminding the source material because it's not in some bizzare Japanglish.

Also, if you have a better (and legal) way to get these books onto my Kindle then I'd genuinely love to hear it.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:33   Link #1906
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:

Spoiler for Part 1:
Thank you Teh_Ping, a great way to start the day
Old 2012-08-17, 07:47   Link #1907
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:

Spoiler for Part 1:
Thank you good sir.
Old 2012-08-17, 09:19   Link #1908
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I don't need to quote The_Ping again to say my thanks... but...

GAAAAH!! Chapter 1 screeeeeeeeeeaaaams for more!
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 10:19   Link #1909
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I don't need to quote The_Ping again to say my thanks... but...

GAAAAH!! Chapter 1 screeeeeeeeeeaaaams for more!
That's chapter 2, you know...
Old 2012-08-17, 10:19   Link #1910
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
Also, if you have a better (and legal) way to get these books onto my Kindle then I'd genuinely love to hear it.
The world is not so convenient, unfortunately. Of course, you could negotiate the rights for an English Kindle release. You could probably get the full project done for under half a million USD, less if you can negotiate royalties-based compensation instead of lump sum licensing. Making it back on sales is the hard part, though. Light novels have not taken off in the west to the extent that anime/manga has.

Quote:
That's not an illegal fansub, that's an illegal translation . Thanks for doing it, it's great that you are working on it again.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 10:33   Link #1911
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^Adding to your point just now, I'll like to note that if any roaming editors want to correct the text, please adhere to the terms that are given and do not change the terms.

The part that I uploaded just now should provide lots of debate here.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:52   Link #1912
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
That's chapter 2, you know...
Oh right..........wait.... where IS chapter 1 then?

==============

Anyway... I find Yui and her (and Asuna's) explanation of AI interesting. It would be nice if this could be discussed in a proper <<Real Life Repurcussions>> thread or a similar one... but I guess we could start with:

(1) What is the measure of a "Human" and the difference with FL?
(2) Can Yui be "updated"?
(3) crapwhyamIthinkingofSkynetwhenIhearofalice?
Old 2012-08-17, 11:00   Link #1913
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Oh right..........wait.... where IS chapter 1 then?
Chapter 1 is in Volume 9. Check Baka-Tsuki's SAO page.
Old 2012-08-17, 16:39   Link #1914
RDF2050
Superidol

Can any explain me in Vol 7 "Mother's Rosario" if Kirito really took his battle against Yuuki seriously?

I just recently read it and find it so sad about her story and the sleeping knights. A lot people keep saying Kirito is a Gary Stu but he doesn't seems to be one at all.
Old 2012-08-17, 16:44   Link #1915
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
Can any explain me in Vol 7 "Mother's Rosario" if Kirito really took his battle against Yuuki seriously?

I just recently read it and find it so sad about her story and the sleeping knights. A lot people keep saying Kirito is a Gary Stu but he doesn't seems to be one at all.
Yeah he sorta took the fight seriously. Its just he discovered what her secret was. And after he exposed it to her she won. Its a possibility he could of beat her, but his specialty is "speed" and her "speed" was way better than his. So after losing his trump card is sorta of close to impossible to winning I'd say?
Old 2012-08-17, 17:02   Link #1916
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post

Spoiler for Vol. 7 Quote:

As a player of the game ALO he lost to Zekken, but when the real world is involved (like when he bought time), I'd say Kirito has an advantage when dual wielding.
Old 2012-08-17, 23:36   Link #1917
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Yeah he sorta took the fight seriously. Its just he discovered what her secret was. And after he exposed it to her she won. Its a possibility he could of beat her, but his specialty is "speed" and her "speed" was way better than his. So after losing his trump card is sorta of close to impossible to winning I'd say?
Let's put it this way, if it were Yuuki who was the one in SAO, it would be likely that she would be the one having Dual-wield instead of Kirito. Yuuki's reaction speed was superior to Kirito, so in a one on one, Yuuki>Kirito (without dual wield)
Old 2012-08-18, 00:14   Link #1918
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
As a player of the game ALO he lost to Zekken, but when the real world is involved (like when he bought time), I'd say Kirito has an advantage when dual wielding.
But you also have the note how much hours kirito has on top of yukki.
Give Yukki the same gameplay time under nerve gear, and she would of been a monster greater then kirito.

Basically think of it like this...
You mastered the game and have logged in 1000+ hours.
Then you meet up with a player who logged in 50 hours and beats you.

Yeah you didnt take it seriously, but at the same time, you werent playing to lose.
That 50 hour player when she has 100 hours, you know your screwed, and then 200 hours, you can kiss all handicaps to her goodbye. 400 hours, your no longer top dog.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 01:55   Link #1919
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
But you also have the note how much hours kirito has on top of yukki.
Give Yukki the same gameplay time under nerve gear, and she would of been a monster greater then kirito.

Basically think of it like this...
You mastered the game and have logged in 1000+ hours.
Then you meet up with a player who logged in 50 hours and beats you.

Yeah you didnt take it seriously, but at the same time, you werent playing to lose.
That 50 hour player when she has 100 hours, you know your screwed, and then 200 hours, you can kiss all handicaps to her goodbye. 400 hours, your no longer top dog.
I thought Vol. 7 said that while Kirito has a playtime of 2 years, Yuuki&co have been playing different games for 3 years?
Kirito also noted she didn't play VR games, she lived in them.

Spoiler for The Quote:

She has been playing VR games longer than Kirito, it's just that she recently transferred to ALO, but since it is very likely she played some flight simulations in the past, so she didn't have that much trouble in aerial fights.
Old 2012-08-18, 05:00   Link #1920
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Chapter 1 is in Volume 9. Check Baka-Tsuki's SAO page.
I've been confusing the Chapter 1 of Vol. 10 to the Chapter 1 of the Alicization Arc and vice versa recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I thought Vol. 7 said that while Kirito has a playtime of 2 years, Yuuki&co have been playing different games for 3 years?
Kirito also noted she didn't play VR games, she lived in them.

Spoiler for The Quote:

She has been playing VR games longer than Kirito, it's just that she recently transferred to ALO, but since it is very likely she played some flight simulations in the past, so she didn't have that much trouble in aerial fights.
Quote:
Let's put it this way, if it were Yuuki who was the one in SAO, it would be likely that she would be the one having Dual-wield instead of Kirito. Yuuki's reaction speed was superior to Kirito, so in a one on one, Yuuki>Kirito (without dual wield)
Well Yuuki was living the life she couldn't do in the RL, so it DOES strike me curious what would have happened if Kirito dual-wielded against Yuuki. Also, did he use Excalibur in her fight with him? (I forget that)

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality