Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-01, 00:17   Link #1061
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Can Priscilla get any more fucked up
Sure, but after awhile it becomes redundant. The fact that she killed Teresa is all that really needs to be known about her.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 11:06   Link #1062
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ... Clarisse ... I didn't thought she will die ... Really ...
I thought she was like a "secondary" hero who will grow up more powerful ...
But ... she is dead now. :/
Old 2013-09-01, 11:38   Link #1063
Newhope

Can't really blame Priscilla for that it was either eat the yoma corpse or starve but that might explain why she's so powerful.

Not really surprised Clarice died she raised her own death flag whe she told Galatea how those with hair colour where delt with.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 15:08   Link #1064
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Can't really blame Priscilla for that it was either eat the yoma corpse or starve but that might explain why she's so powerful.

Not really surprised Clarice died she raised her own death flag whe she told Galatea how those with hair colour where delt with.
I thought he was talking about other family members, no?
Old 2013-09-01, 16:55   Link #1065
chaos_alfa

I wonder how she was able digest all that flesh. For digesting water or some water based fluid is needed, maybe there was enough to drink in the house?

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-09-01 at 17:47.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:33   Link #1066
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I thought he was talking about other family members, no?
No it said the Yoma corpse was half eaten.
Old 2013-09-01, 18:40   Link #1067
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, around half the flesh was missing - it's implied that Priscilla consumed at least part of the youma for whatever reason. At this point, nothing Priscilla did, even in her past when she was human, can be labeled 'innocent' anymore. Hell, calling her 'human' after that is a bit of a stretch...

No normal child would think to eat the flesh of something that resembles a human that ate your family, especially if it wore the face of a family member. Eating the remains of a tiger or some other wild creature that tore apart a loved one - if one did it to survive, it would be overlooked and even in some cases, considered to be a BA moment. No such thing for Priscilla.

As for how she survived, I think it can also be implied that while she remained fundamentally human, that consuming the youma flesh altered her somehow. No one can go a month without food AND water and come out looking NOT malnourished - even if they ate all the flesh off the bodies. Perhaps since the DNA of the carrier and Priscilla were so similar or that the DNA of the youma parasite is that potent, but for whatever reason, Priscilla wasn't anything close to being 'normal'. This is probably why she fought without releasing youki at all - even moreso than Teresa. Something inside her loathed the very thought but since she forgot, all that remained was the directive NEVER to release youki lest 'something bad happen'.

This is something that is pretty interesting overall since I love psycho-analyzing Priscilla - If anything, Priscilla is far less 'innocent' than even I had assumed.
Old 2013-09-01, 20:19   Link #1068
shalala

Sooooo Dae got a flesh wound. I'm betting that he is not going to die and that is scar that he has on his face is due to some experament that he did to him self. Wonder what Pricilla going to do now that she is freeee.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 20:21   Link #1069
Newhope

Your over analyzing it, if somebody's trapped and starving they'll eat whats available to survive simple as that, go look up fight 571 or Marten Hartwell it was also pretty common in famines.
Old 2013-09-01, 20:49   Link #1070
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, around half the flesh was missing - it's implied that Priscilla consumed at least part of the youma for whatever reason. At this point, nothing Priscilla did, even in her past when she was human, can be labeled 'innocent' anymore. Hell, calling her 'human' after that is a bit of a stretch...

No normal child would think to eat the flesh of something that resembles a human that ate your family, especially if it wore the face of a family member. Eating the remains of a tiger or some other wild creature that tore apart a loved one - if one did it to survive, it would be overlooked and even in some cases, considered to be a BA moment. No such thing for Priscilla.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Andes_flight_disaster
Quote:
1972 Andes flight disaster

Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571, also known as the Andes flight disaster and, in South America, as the Miracle of the Andes (El Milagro de los Andes) was a chartered flight carrying 45 people, including a rugby team, their friends, family and associates that crashed in the Andes on 13 October 1972. More than a quarter of the passengers died in the crash and several others quickly succumbed to cold and injury. Of the 29 who were alive a few days after the accident, another eight were killed by an avalanche that swept over their shelter in the wreckage. The last 16 survivors were rescued on 23 December 1972, more than two months after the crash.

The survivors had little food and no source of heat in the harsh conditions at over 3,600 metres (11,800 ft) altitude. Faced with starvation and radio news reports that the search for them had been abandoned, the survivors fed on the dead passengers who had been preserved in the snow. Rescuers did not learn of the survivors until 72 days after the crash when passengers Nando Parrado and Roberto Canessa, after a 10-day trek across the Andes, found Chilean arriero Sergio Catalán,[1] who gave them food and then alerted authorities about the existence of the other survivors.
Now that was a life and death and they had no choice but eat their dead friends. Now they have felt guilty and you'd think people would condemn them but Catholic Church officially declared that they had done the right thing in the face of extraordinary circumstances.

Now Pricilla and her family were abandoned. The village locked them up and they gave no food and water. Priscilla had to what she did to survive.

Priscilla never thought the yoma as a monster that took his form but her father itself. And she is right. The Organization infects people to be yoma which would provide flesh to produce Claymores. Those girls they've gathered were likely orphans of Yoma attacks.

She knew that the old guy was spouting bs that a monster took her father's form but what really set her off is revealing she ate her family including her father to live.

As seen with Ophelia Awakened Beings still carry their traumas.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 22:00   Link #1071
CBredbeard
Banned

Actually, if they'd gone for help immediately after the crash, they wouldn't have had to eat people. If Priscilla had asked to be let out, they would have let her out. She remained silent and instead ate her father by choice.
Old 2013-09-01, 22:03   Link #1072
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Thank you for those links but unfortunately, they don't really touch upon what I was saying.

Dae, assuming he wasn't lying, stated that the only body that was missing 'half its flesh' was the youma's - not the mother or the other sibling. The reason I said it was so interesting is that according to Dae, she didn't touch her mother's or sibling's corpses - she went straight for the youma's. Did she agonize over it or was it simply because by the time she was starving enough not to care, that the youma body was the only one not giving off the rotting stench?

At best, the circumstances the both of you gave would apply if she had eaten from her mother and sibling's corpses as well, which we do not know happened.

I'm guessing that the decay rate for a youma body isn't nearly as fast as a human's.

And as for being let out, she would have been immediately suspected of being the youma and, worst case, be put to death, or alternative of going through the isolation trial again.
Old 2013-09-01, 22:09   Link #1073
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Actually, if they'd gone for help immediately after the crash, they wouldn't have had to eat people.
Hindsight not being 20/20 they could've frozen to death. They did what any sensible survivor would do. Wait for help.

Only when wasn't coming did they decide to take a risk.

Quote:
If Priscilla had asked to be let out, they would have let her out. She remained silent and instead ate her father by choice.
And what take chances that she isn't the yoma?

Remember the logic of the villagers. The only one left alive is a Yoma.
Old 2013-09-01, 22:55   Link #1074
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Hindsight not being 20/20 they could've frozen to death. They did what any sensible survivor would do. Wait for help.

Only when wasn't coming did they decide to take a risk.
Which is why in similar circumstances, you should go look for help.

Quote:
And what take chances that she isn't the yoma?

Remember the logic of the villagers. The only one left alive is a Yoma.
They gave them an axe in the event one of the family members was the yoma and she had the yoma's corpse right there. Even if you were skeptical of a little girl killing a Yoma, she had physical evidence that she wasn't.

Even if they didn't believe her story, didn't take the body into account, that still left them with the original plan of locking families away. Only this time they'd only have to lock her up, providing food and water as necessary for a month or two until they could be sure she was human and that the killings had stopped.

She did not let them know she was alive. She remained silent and ate her father by her own choice. Obviously she was screwed up by what had happened, but it's not the village's fault that she did what she did.
Old 2013-09-02, 00:44   Link #1075
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The problem from what I understood with Dae's dialogue is that obviously read the English translation. However, the Japanese raw could mean something more.

From what understood in the English translation,

The inhabitants stopped going to the isolated house after picking up the scent of decaying flesh, and soon later stop providing food and supplies, as well.

A month pass, and a warrior that passed by heard the villager's request. According to the report, what they found were three decaying bodies in an advanced stage of decomposition, the body of a beheaded Yoma, and a little girl (Priscilla) with bruises but not malnourished.

The body of the Yoma was inspected and was found out that half of its flesh was gone.

This implies that Priscilla deliberately ate the flesh of her deceased, Yomified-father.

If this is true, then boy Priscilla is a Nuke Bomb of a case and unique one. Now, I understand why Teresa felt so uneasy fighting against her. Teresa could perceive something sort of monstrous within Priscilla.

Guys, seriously, this whole development on Priscilla sorts like it's taken from the Incredible Hulk dialog:

Quote:
Emil Blonsky: I want what you got out of Banner. I want that.

Samuel Sterns: You look like you've got a little something in you already, don't you?

Emil Blonsky: I want more. You've seen what he becomes, right?

Samuel Sterns: I have. And it's beautiful. Godlike.

Emil Blonsky: Well, I want that. I need that. Make me that.

Samuel Sterns: I don't know what you've got inside you already. The mix could be an abomination.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 09:30   Link #1076
ellifeedn
Thinker

The strange thing is, someone predicted this would happen: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...76#post2740576
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 09:33   Link #1077
hamazura
whatever

human > yoma > claymore > awakened being > abyssal one > beyond abyssal > full nude claymore
kay, so how clare will defeat full nude pris? with raki's power of love?
Old 2013-09-02, 12:49   Link #1078
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
human > yoma > claymore > awakened being > abyssal one > beyond abyssal > full nude claymore
kay, so how clare will defeat full nude pris? with raki's power of love?
Well, maybe when he come out, she will have her face all red, blush like crazy when finding something to cover her body.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 13:44   Link #1079
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
So you think what they did is wrong even if they were weak, cold, dehydrated to travel on a unfamiliar mountain.

Eating a human flesh to you is worse than trying to stay alive.

What gives you the right to judge them?

Quote:
They gave them an axe in the event one of the family members was the yoma and she had the yoma's corpse right there. Even if you were skeptical of a little girl killing a Yoma, she had physical evidence that she wasn't.

Even if they didn't believe her story, didn't take the body into account, that still left them with the original plan of locking families away. Only this time they'd only have to lock her up, providing food and water as necessary for a month or two until they could be sure she was human and that the killings had stopped.

She did not let them know she was alive. She remained silent and ate her father by her own choice. Obviously she was screwed up by what had happened, but it's not the village's fault that she did what she did.
You are thinking these people know what you know as reader. No they don't know.

Even if Priscilla claims she killed the Yoma that's three dead bodies and her alive.

They do not want even to get near the damn place. Which is why they stopped bringing food and water.

You like to blame the victim with the way you are thinking.
Old 2013-09-02, 14:13   Link #1080
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
You underestimate how harsh mountain conditions are, even when prepared for it. Do a Google search for "bodies of Mount Everest" and be amazed (and possibly grossed out). It's easy to say, in hindsight and as an outside observer, that they should just go get help, but even if those crash survivors had access to full supplies including a phone and gps many of them still wouldn't have made it down the mountain alive. Wilderness survival is no joke.