AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 04:32   Link #4721
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I defend the Sword-pack partly from the aesthetic POV coz the battle will be much more engaging with it (that’s what Sunrise/Bandai wants, right?). Plus, Sword-pack will still add some considerable weight to the suit which will slow it down even more and makes it defeatable by GuAIZ with a decent pilot (Rau).
The problem with the Launcher Strike wasn't its weight compared to the GuAIZ, it was the fact that the Launcher Striker did not have any weapons that could easily hit a moving GuAIZ. The Sword Striker, on the other hand, actually does have weapons that are usable against the GuAIZ in close combat. And even if weight were to become an issue, detaching the Launcher Striker would leave the Sword Strike weigh even less than the GuAIZ and still be on par with the GuAIZ. So Mu should actually have a better chance at winning this battle, especially once Kira shows up.

Now, while I understand the desire to see better fights, the purpose of this particular encounter is to lead into Rau's revelations. In other words, the fight has to be short and it has to end in Mu not being able to use the Strike to kill Rau. So depending on how they went about it, they could easily make Mu look bad if he were to lose with anything other than the Launcher Striker or the Strike itself.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 04:58   Link #4722
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The problem with the Launcher Strike wasn't its weight compared to the GuAIZ, it was the fact that the Launcher Striker did not have any weapons that could easily hit a moving GuAIZ. The Sword Striker, on the other hand, actually does have weapons that are usable against the GuAIZ in close combat. And even if weight were to become an issue, detaching the Launcher Striker would leave the Sword Strike weigh even less than the GuAIZ and still be on par with the GuAIZ. So Mu should actually have a better chance at winning this battle, especially once Kira shows up.

Now, while I understand the desire to see better fights, the purpose of this particular encounter is to lead into Rau's revelations. In other words, the fight has to be short and it has to end in Mu not being able to use the Strike to kill Rau. So depending on how they went about it, they could easily make Mu look bad if he were to lose with anything other than the Launcher Striker or the Strike itself.
Which lead to my first post in which I implied that it’s better to leave the original Launcher Strike vs GuAIZ scene as it is, coz it’s already believable and serve its purpose. Now, how Sunrise/Bandai come up with that (after introducing Perfect Strike) is the big question.

Btw, I never said that Launcher Strike’s main problem is the weight.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:53   Link #4723
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Somewhat, if he uses the sword striker they could edit the battlescene to a double-KO on the mobile suit department, with Kira arriving as they are both crashing with the same outcome
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 06:21   Link #4724
Destined_Fate

Kira being clueless as ever with Lacus being forced to throw herself at him to try and get the point across.

Kira's expression seeing his old nemesis alive was spot on. So Kira has a good idea how confused as heck everyone else is when he keeps surviving impossible explosions.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 11:55   Link #4725
monster

Quote:
Now, how Sunrise/Bandai come up with that (after introducing Perfect Strike) is the big question.
Which leads to my original post: Launch with the Perfect Strike against the Dominion, then detach both the Aile and the Sword Strikers due to some damage for Rau. A missing back is not that big a deal for a short battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Somewhat, if he uses the sword striker they could edit the battlescene to a double-KO on the mobile suit department, with Kira arriving as they are both crashing with the same outcome
That is, if they do it right.
Old 2012-09-22, 13:11   Link #4726
I Fail at Life

Here's one.Mwu launches or is already in launcher strike and feels Perfect Strike isn't necessary and that this is all he needs at the current time of the situation, because perfect strike would just be over the top.

Now all this is pre-sensing Rau on the battlefield. So before having the chance to go and switch packs he senses rau, so because he dosen't want Rau to get away he sacrifices switching to more appropriate equipment against his eventual confrontation with Rau, just so Rau dosen't get away. So wet get that scene at Mendel

After losing to Rau because equipment and everything that's now happening on the battlefield after getting back, he now see's Perfect Strike is necessary.

That could be one expaination for Mwu's reasoning, but i don't know about the audience.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 13:24   Link #4727
quagmire

Quote:
Which leads to my original post: Launch with the Perfect Strike against the Dominion, then detach both the Aile and the Sword Strikers due to some damage for Rau. A missing back is not that big a deal for a short battle. That is, if they do it right.
Wouldn't ditching the Aile pack also ditch the launcher part since the Agni cannon is attached to the Aile pack with Perfect Strike? All the Strike would have left if it ditched the Aile and Sword part would be the grenade/gattling gun on the right shoulder.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:18   Link #4728
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Which leads to my original post: Launch with the Perfect Strike against the Dominion, then detach both the Aile and the Sword Strikers due to some damage for Rau. A missing back is not that big a deal for a short battle.
Now that is even more strange . As already said by quagmire above me, the Agni was connected to the Aile backpack coz that’s where the batteries are connected. If you ditch the Aile backpack, then where will Agni get its power? Without the Aile backpack, Agni is just a useless dead-weight. Why would Mu still hold it ?
Old 2012-09-22, 14:58   Link #4729
Aquaman OS

Yeah the Perfect Strike is one backpack with all weapons attached. Not just 3 Strikers are once, you'd have to dump everything or nothing.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 17:58   Link #4730
quagmire

Quote:
Now that is even more strange . As already said by quagmire above me, the Agni was connected to the Aile backpack coz that’s where the batteries are connected. If you ditch the Aile backpack, then where will Agni get its power? Without the Aile backpack, Agni is just a useless dead-weight. Why would Mu still hold it ?
I guess if Mwu on the fly could jury rig the Agni cannon's energy line into the Strike's main battery, but that would probably not be a good idea.....
Old 2012-09-22, 18:07   Link #4731
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Wouldn't ditching the Aile pack also ditch the launcher part since the Agni cannon is attached to the Aile pack with Perfect Strike? All the Strike would have left if it ditched the Aile and Sword part would be the grenade/gattling gun on the right shoulder.....
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Yeah the Perfect Strike is one backpack with all weapons attached. Not just 3 Strikers are once, you'd have to dump everything or nothing.
Only the cannon and the sword attach to the Aile Striker. And Mu could hold the cannon if he detaches the Aile Striker.

As for power, like I said, the fight won't be long enough for it to matter. And the point is Mu ends up ditching the Launcher Striker anyway.
Old 2012-09-22, 18:14   Link #4732
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Only the cannon and the sword attach to the Aile Striker. And Mu could hold the cannon if he detaches the Aile Striker.

As for power, like I said, the fight won't be long enough for it to matter. And the point is Mu ends up ditching the Launcher Striker anyway.
I guess you really just want Mwu to pilot Perfect Strike all the time huh.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 18:25   Link #4733
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
I guess you really just want Mwu to pilot Perfect Strike all the time huh.
I just don't see Mu as the kind of pilot that would pass up any advantage given to him. If he can use all three Striker packs, why wouldn't he?

This latest episode is okay because he's just on guard, but when a battle is happening, I don't think he would take any chances. Of course, the writers/director could always surprise me. I just hope it's a good surprise.
Old 2012-09-22, 18:29   Link #4734
quagmire

Quote:

Again, even if Mwu could hold onto the Agni if he detaches the Aile pack, where would the Agni get its power as it draws it from the batteries in and attached to the Aile pack. There isn't a way to plug it into the Strike's main battery( which would probably drain it after 1-2 shots seeing how in episode 2 it quickly drained in the short battle against Miguel when the only weapons available was the knives and guns in the head).
Old 2012-09-22, 18:32   Link #4735
monster

Quote:
Again, even if Mwu could hold onto the Agni if he detaches the Aile pack, where would the Agni get its power as it draws it from the batteries in and attached to the Aile pack. There isn't a way to plug it into the Strike's main battery( which would probably drain it after 1-2 shots seeing how in episode 2 it quickly drained in the short battle against Miguel).
So what? Like I said, the battle isn't important. One or two shots is fine before he discards the cannon.
Old 2012-09-22, 18:33   Link #4736
quagmire

Quote:
So what? Like I said, the battle isn't important. One or two shots is fine before he discards the cannon.
That was assuming if it could attach to the main battery, which it can't.....

And this is Mwu we are talking about.... Do you think he would go and fight Rau with only 1-2 shots( again assuming if there was a way to attach it to the main battery).
Old 2012-09-22, 18:35   Link #4737
monster

Guys, if you're really so against this simply because of the battery problem, the Archangel could always quickly send out a battery pack before Mu goes inside Mendel.
Old 2012-09-22, 18:39   Link #4738
quagmire

Quote:
Guys, if you're really so against this simply because of the battery problem, the Archangel could always quickly send out a battery pack before Mu goes inside Mendel.
Which would then bring up the argument of if he had the chance to reequip, why didn't he choose to go with the Aile? He knew he was going against Rau.....

But, it is probably best to drop the argument considering it's useless since we won't know what happens until it airs. And we're just arguing semantics now.
Old 2012-09-22, 18:42   Link #4739
monster

Quote:
And this is Mwu we are talking about.... Do you think he would go and fight Rau with only 1-2 shots( again assuming if there was a way to attach it to the main battery).
The point is he didn't have a choice, remember, in my scenario, the Aile Striker is damaged.
Quote:
Which would then bring up the argument of if he had the chance to reequip, why didn't he choose to go with the Aile? He knew he was going against Rau.....
The same reason he didn't do it in the original version, because he didn't think it would matter. It was only after he actually fought against Rau that he realized he was poorly equipped.
Old 2012-09-22, 18:49   Link #4740
monster

Wait, does the Archangel carry multiple Striker packs? Ah, never mind, I'll just wait and see how they do it. Hopefully, I'll be satisfied with their decision.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep