AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Itachi now?
I like Itachi even more! 97 36.74%
I still like Itachi but less than before 26 9.85%
I liked Itachi and I still like him exactly as before 45 17.05%
I don't like him anymore, he is just another psycho 36 13.64%
I didn't like Itachi before but he's growing on me now 18 6.82%
I never liked Itachi and it sure didn't change my poor opinion of him! 14 5.30%
Meh, I don't really care about him either way 28 10.61%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-28, 18:23   Link #141
Khalilnaruske
Itachi and Pein Fanboy

What do I think of the Great Uchiha Itachi now? I think he is dead. He is no longer an Uchiha, he is corpse. He is no longer a genius, he is a rotting corpse.
Old 2008-05-29, 15:56   Link #142
mrsticky005
Banned

Can your redo this poll because I'm sure lots of people changed their minds once more due to the recent chapters
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 20:40   Link #143
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight

Yeah. I take back what I said before cause I kinda like and pity him now.

He's just bein' psycho and crazy just for his lil' bro.

But that darn Sasuke wants to destroy Konoha. Gah!!

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!
symbiotes_021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 17:52   Link #144
mrsticky005
Banned

yeah same here
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 09:06   Link #145
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
What I meant was that I dont like Sasuke that much anymore,Itachi is better.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 18:36   Link #146
NextTime

In terms of linking him because being so strong he is cool, I like him more. Recent revelations seem to make Itatchi one of the strongest characters ever.

I'm not sure what to think of his character now. His plan seems a little messed up. If he wanted to make Sasuke into a strong, good person, he shouldn't have told him to get stronger with hate, and shouldn't have had him get better by training with the likes of Orochimaru. After all, Itatchi didn't do that, and he was way, way, way ahead of Sasuke at comparative ages.

His plan to make Sasuke strong and to make him a hero seem like they are in total conflict. I'm going to overlook that though just because I like the idea of him putting himself through so much sacrifice just to make Sasuke better.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 18:38   Link #147
NextTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimingan12 View Post
What I meant was that I dont like Sasuke that much anymore,Itachi is better.
I agree. I wonder what Itatchi could have accomplished if he just thought of himself instead of sacrificing everything for Sasuke.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 23:14   Link #148
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

itachi is not just kool but also very stylish.

he wore his head band

Spoiler for in manga:

truly gangsta.

there only a few ninjas knows how to wear a head band in good fashion, e.g. Zabuza, kakashi
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 04:01   Link #149
makino88

Location: Somewhere in the Australian Outback......NOT! More like on the coast
At least we r given more about Itachi's characters and motives and other stuff. I used to hate him for killing off his entire clan though.
makino88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 15:37   Link #150
Blerghovic
Meh

There was always something about Itachi which made me think that there was a lot more to his character than just killing his clan to 'measure his capacity'. There was obviously a deeper motive for killing the clan while sparing his little brother for no particular reason. His character was obviously more complex than that. It showed because despite having numerous opportunities to kill Sasuke, he never did.

Also, the contempt he showed Sasuke and the brutal ways he dealt with him always seemed a little weird. If you look at the emotionless way he fought the rest of his opponents, his interactions with Sasuke were always a bit off. I thought at first that it could be that he was disgusted with Sasuke for acting so foolishly around him, but that didn't fit. It was also strange that every time he met his younger brother, Sasuke came out of the encounter with an incentive to become stronger. Of course, it could've been that Itachi wanted him to be as strong as possible so that he could 'truly measure his capacity', but that clashed with my opinions of his character being more complex than that, so (for me) that didn't fit either.

I'm not gonna pretend that I knew what was coming though. That would just be stupid of me as there were too many facts which were only revealed after his motivations came to light for me to say that I knew that was what was going to happen. I was relieved though that the whole Itachi wanting Sasuke's eyes thing wasn't true, 'cause that would've made him a lot less awesome then he is now. Overall, I'm glad that the person Itachi really was made him even cooler than before, I think it's just brilliant that he could tell Danzou that if he touched Sasuke he would kill him. I have to say that Itachi is now my favourite Naruto character.

Last edited by Blerghovic; 2008-12-29 at 07:08.
Blerghovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 11:29   Link #151
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

mmm i think itachi is 1 of the narutoverse's gods

he planned so much...even plannin on future events even tho he's dead (givin naruto power sayin hope the day duznt cum wer he has to use it)

like the 4th, jiraiya states he duznt do things without a reason (sealing fox in naruto)

itachi is great, jus like the 4th!

now its sasuke to become great like itachi and naruto to become great like the 4th

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 20:07   Link #152
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

hmmm....Itachi is someone who will do anything he has to, to protect those he loves and cares about, Sasuke and Konohagakure; makes me respect the character a little more
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 11:42   Link #153
oompa loompa

to me, itachi has started bearing an extremely strong resemblence to snape
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 17:16   Link #154
yuuk1

I've always thought it was wierd on how Itachi finished off his clan by himself and how he couldn't kill his brother, and somehow I knew that he really did cherish Sasuke... T_T So sad that he had to die though! He was really a great big brother('cept for the killing the family part -__-") still...

I'll miss him!

Oh and I've grown to like him even more. Such a tragic ending for him though, and Sasuke's so gay, I friggin hate him now.

(Fan gurls, don't kill me!)
yuuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 10:42   Link #155
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

itachi? he's growing on me hahaha
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 11:47   Link #156
sopple
sopple here and there

i think that he should just come out the closet and tell kisame hes a stupid wanna be fish man and that hes in love with sasuke.

poor sasuke all he wants to do is kill itachi not go out with him........oh the irony
sopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 13:49   Link #157
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopple View Post
i think that he should just come out the closet and tell kisame hes a stupid wanna be fish man and that hes in love with sasuke.

poor sasuke all he wants to do is kill itachi not go out with him........oh the irony
This is a nonsense post, it makes no sense, what is your point? Also Sasuke already killed him
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 12:46   Link #158
ani_d

Itachi has got to be the most badass character in Naruto. Kakashi and the Fourth are just runner-ups. He's badass because he just reeks of it. After this frustrating revelation, my opinion still didn't change. I just felt like the sudden reversal of all Itachi's actions through Sasuke's memories were a bit forced and I can't keep suspecting that Kishi just recently decided to suddenly make Itachi a good guy to make Sasuke attack Konoha---more reasons to stir the fans. But I dunno...

Now that Itachi's gone, Naruto's level of suckiness just went up by a few points. =__=
Old 2008-11-15, 04:01   Link #159
ronin myael
lost ronin

Ever since Kishimoto introduced Itachi, I’ve always found his character appealing. Not because he was such a bad-ass with an evolved sharingan but because he supposedly massacred his whole family. But instead of focusing on the negativity of his actions, I was more intrigued in the reason why he did it. I never, for one second, believed that he did it out of spite or just to acquire power. Based on Sasuke’s memories of him, he was a loving brother and an obedient son. He carried on his shoulders all the hopes and pride of the Uchiha clan. They probably thought of him as their “savior”, the one who would restore the once greatness of the Uchiha and perhaps give them the ultimate power in Konoha which they so greatly desired. It would be no surprise if they secretly wanted Itachi to eventually succeed Sarutobi as the godaime. From the time he was born, they knew he was special, far more special than perhaps Sasuke or any other Uchiha for that matter. What he did seemed out of character and it had always confused me. But now it all makes sense.

I’ve always suspected that there was a deeper reason for his actions, something far more sinister that just a boy’s twisted ideals. I used to have this theory that perhaps Itachi had suffered a horrific ordeal that eventually messed up his sanity. He was an ANBU commander at 13, who knows what kind of secret missions he was sent into. Another theory is one that involves Orochimaru. Orochimaru never denied that he first desired to take Itachi’s body and he would have done so if Itachi had not grown too powerful for him. I think he never meant to say that he is no match for Itachi but rather he feared that he would be of no match to him if he tried to fight him. I thought that perhaps Orochimaru’s constant shadowing of Itachi might have taken its toll on him or something. It’s possible that ever since Orochimaru met Madara and discovered the sharingan’s true ability, he had wanted it. And since then, he had hunted for the perfect Uchiha in case he succeeds in perfecting his “immortality” jutsu.

If that theory had been true, it would have been doubly ironic for Sasuke. Imagine, he hated his brother for most of his life. He swore to grow powerful so he could kill him. He practically threw away his life and his friends. He went to Orochimaru seeking power only to find out that the reason for his and his brother’s pain had been Orochimaru all along, the very person he ran to for help. Poor, stupid Sasuke! I still think he should have at least bothered to discover the real reason why his brother did what he did before crying revenge.

It’s a shame really, if the Uchihas hadn’t plotted against the village or harbored any ill will towards the Senjus, perhaps Itachi had grown up to be a strong candidate for the godaime if not the godaime himself. He was a peace-loving person like the sandaime and Sarutobi believed in him. His life and death was a huge waste, what a waste of a good character!
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 20:01   Link #160
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
I liked him more when I thought he was "just another psycho." Yo9u know, it's rare to find a major villan out to do things simply for the sake of doing things. Now that we've discovered his true motives, I'm more than just a little disappointed. He went from a random badass in-charge of his own destiny to being just another tool. It made me sad. And after the revelations, it made me really pissed at sasuke and the third hokage.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote