AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-07-31, 12:04   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Not that most people care anyways, but I wonder if the translations for this anime translate the text of the chat rooms on the cellphone as well, as those give information about the personalities of the side-side characters.
The anime doesn't really use narrations and that type of bleh to explain stuff.

Need more Shanghai-chan! (I have no idea what she says though)
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 03:52   Link #22
scififan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
It seems the writer wants to tell something, but it is not clear. The story is is becoming coming of age trend. The cat taming JK is not likable among her peers, due to her attitude.

By the way, the title Sonny Boy is probably making reference to Sunny Boy. There could be a reason for the title.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 16:20   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Nagara doesn't understand why Nyamazon girl doesn't want to give stuff away for free to everyone? Seriously?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 16:35   Link #24
Thor's Hammer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Nagara is yet another dense main character. Mizuho is clearly into him much like Nozomi is.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 17:22   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
That too, but mostly I was referring to the fact that most people are assholes to her. Why would she reward them?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 18:35   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That too
To be fair, he clearly has low self-esteem, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't jump right to the fact she's interested in him.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 05:03   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Nagara doesn't understand why Nyamazon girl doesn't want to give stuff away for free to everyone? Seriously?
To be fair I think it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. His reasoning is that one of the reasons they're mean to her is she makes them pay for swag she gets for free. Not saying he's right but I do think that's his argument.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 17:02   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
To be fair I think it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. His reasoning is that one of the reasons they're mean to her is she makes them pay for swag she gets for free. Not saying he's right but I do think that's his argument.
I kind of wonder where the island draws the line on that. Before the whole buttcoin thing was put in place, she was basically giving her stuff away for free (though some stole from her), and that seemed to be against the rules.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 00:09   Link #29
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
^I think she had to want to give things away for free, if she doesn't want to, then even if she does give them for free it will still be against the rules.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 07:22   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^I think she had to want to give things away for free, if she doesn't want to, then even if she does give them for free it will still be against the rules.
That's probably what it is. Words alone aren't enough, her intent matters.

Either that or others need to not request the items, but in that case she wouldn't know what they need so it'd raise another issue.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 11:59   Link #31
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
I got the impression it was a matter of intent. If she gives someone something then it's fair game, if someone forces her to give them something or steals it then it's against the rules. I think that was the point of that scene with the girl taking the lipstick without asking for it.
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-05, 16:58   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Did I just watch an entire episode talking about, and never showing, monkeys playing baseball?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-05, 20:45   Link #33
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Yep, pretty much.

Anyway I didn't expect nagara's power to be revealed so early. But it doesn't seem that anyone has thought that they might be stranded in that strange world because of him.

Since we learned that powers are not the effect of those worlds as they existed at their school before they were cut off from the real world, it is entirely possible that Nagara already had that power back then and without realizing it brought everyone to a different world.

That teacher that just showed up might know something. Perhaps we'll learn something about why all those powers emerged in the first place.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-06, 04:53   Link #34
Dop
Mmmm....
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Monkey Baseball?

MONKEY BASEBALL!!!

Man, what a tease, all that talk about monkey baseball but no scenes of monkeys playing baseball. I loved it!

OK, we had seen a monkey on a baseball field in that snip when Nagara took everyone there for a small time to avoid stoving his head in on a rock as a consequence of his unintended dive, but monkey baseball?

Is this Cap's delusion? Some kind of childish fantasy he's constructed to escape this strange island at least inside his own head? The way Cap tells the story about the monkeys playing baseball like a child making up stories kind of makes it seem so. But we've seen one monkey on the mound, so is it real? Are there really invisible baseball playing monkeys you can't see except using the magical flashlight? Is it a group delusion or are there really monkeys?

It was wonderful! Every single ridiculous moment of it, in parts like listening to a surreal radio play.

Anime of the season, right there.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-06, 19:51   Link #35
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Nagara's ability was given away sooner than I expected. Even with it though, I doubt returning to the normal world will be easy. That teacher at the end even seems like she's about to throw a real curveball into their established formula.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-06, 23:04   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Hmm, I know that the monkey talk is a metaphor, and I kinda understand what it is trying to get at, but only kinda. Definitely hard to understand in just one watch.
I guess it doesn't help that I don't really care about baseball.

Monkey League -> Whether to follow the rules, or follow what the surrounding environment wants. Perhaps not related to the anime's main plot, or maybe there is some relation?
Umpire -> He likes the fairness of baseball, or perhaps as the umpire, he symbolizes the rules/fairness of baseball, so his death=death of baseball
Ace -> Wants to return to the original world, because he got a bad ability. He's talented and more valued in the original world, but here, his power is crap
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2021-08-07 at 00:25.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-12, 17:04   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Not sure what the teacher is trying to do but that can't be good.

Apparently Nagara's power is to create worlds and not teleport, except he clearly teleported in this episode (he escaped into the classroom) so it's both.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-12, 22:09   Link #38
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Yeah, I mean, if he only created new worlds, but then remained on the original world, it would be meaningless. The new worlds would simply exist while being inaccessible.

So he creates new worlds and simultaneously transport himself and people close to him there. But if his transportation only works on worlds that he creates, then the teacher is right that he cannot bring anyone back to the real world.

Meanwhile Asakaze seems to have the power to slice Nagara's worlds and thus escape from them. However I doubt things will be that easy. I suppose at this point that it will be confirmed that it's not Nagara's fault that they were removed from the original world, thus making Asakaze's power irrelevant for the purpose of rescuing everyone. In fact it may be that by creating places to live in Nagara saved everyone from what could have been death or a cursed existence in an eternal void.
Yeah and that teacher is using Asakaze to destroy them all now... exactly what is she thinking?

However what's with that suggestion that it might be Mizuho's power the original cause? I don't even understand the logical process that made them reach that idea.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-13, 00:28   Link #39
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Yeah, I mean, if he only created new worlds, but then remained on the original world, it would be meaningless. The new worlds would simply exist while being inaccessible.

So he creates new worlds and simultaneously transport himself and people close to him there. But if his transportation only works on worlds that he creates, then the teacher is right that he cannot bring anyone back to the real world.

Meanwhile Asakaze seems to have the power to slice Nagara's worlds and thus escape from them. However I doubt things will be that easy. I suppose at this point that it will be confirmed that it's not Nagara's fault that they were removed from the original world, thus making Asakaze's power irrelevant for the purpose of rescuing everyone. In fact it may be that by creating places to live in Nagara saved everyone from what could have been death or a cursed existence in an eternal void.
Yeah and that teacher is using Asakaze to destroy them all now... exactly what is she thinking?

However what's with that suggestion that it might be Mizuho's power the original cause? I don't even understand the logical process that made them reach that idea.
I think the unlimited shopping power actually comes from the cats so she has a power of her own.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-13, 07:07   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
However what's with that suggestion that it might be Mizuho's power the original cause? I don't even understand the logical process that made them reach that idea.
I was confused by that too.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.