AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-09, 13:57   Link #21
Frontier

It's time for Catarina and her Harem to do their own take on Cinderella? I haven't seen a cast put on a Cinderella rendition this hilarious since Fruits Basket .

I love how the Bakarina Council thought they were done and then get brought in whenever Catarina is at a crisis point .

No surprise Maria is playing the Heroine, but Sophia basically just wrote her as Catarina, right? Maria even ends up wearing Catarina's boots and farm clothes. Pretty blatant of Sophia .

Look at Geordo getting all classy and draping over Catarina's surprisingly ample cleavage in that dress .

Mary for MVP as she not only plays a solid wicked stepmother and looks cute in a bun but also notices what Catarina is missing and waltz' with her to help her out...and it gives her an excuse to dance with her beloved Catarina .

Catarina pleading for Alan's help and he just mistakes it for an excuse to play music even more awesomely .

It turns out the one role Catarina can convincingly play is...herself. Or at least the game Catarina Claes that she's been defying since she re-awakened the memories of her old life. For an ad-lib using material from a visual novel she memorized, it was a surprisingly effective performance .

Why am I not surprised Sophia rewrote the script in order to fit in her brother as a romantic lead for Catarina? And then denies the boys, and Mary, the chance to play the role .

Sophia underestimated the rivalry among the boys for Catarina's heart as they engage in an actual sword fight, complete with Keith using a hoe, to pry her away from each other. Poor Mary wishing she had a sword so she could join in .

It's nice to see Catarina's mom finally praise her for a job well done after being (in some ways justified) concerned about her ruining the play .

Just when you think things have calmed down and Catarina might have a possible acting career in her future, she gets kidnapped .

The new Ending feels in-line with the first Ending as a surprisingly serious Ending for the kind of show this is, but still nice to listen to and showing off the cast well, plus it also looks like we have some backstory for our new leading man .
Old 2021-07-09, 18:19   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sophia basically unconsciously used Cinderalla as the basis for her story and based the MC on Catarina. Then when Catarina went off script, she decided to screw it and turn it into an opportunity to ship her brother with her. She knows how to seize the day.

Amazingly, the story of the play ended up making sense, kind of.

Looks like we'll already get into the meat of the story next week.
Old 2021-07-09, 20:48   Link #23
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was some play they really made it up on the fly and like most have no idea whats going on
Old 2021-07-10, 00:55   Link #24
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sophia basically unconsciously used Cinderella as the basis for her story and based the MC on Catarina.
She also made the love interest character her brother played look like Tuxedo Mask.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-10, 12:10   Link #25
X207
Gamyūsa

i hate plays, they are boring and i usually dont like when anime characters do plays. that bias aside the play ended up very good as we get to see her acting as she should've been ie the villainess rather than harem queen. Sophia sure missed the mark where the guys are all fighting for her in their world and things went more off scriot. that suggestion of following the maid to guide her was innocuous early enough but walking in dark paths never is any good sign.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-10, 20:27   Link #26
Wandering Soul

The play actually ended up being rather decent and not as chaotic as I thought it would turn out.
Old 2021-07-11, 13:19   Link #27
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Iíve heard comments from some source readers that Hamefuraís content from this point is not as good as the 1st 2 volumes (which the 1st anime season adapted).

Hamefuraís original webnovel was written as a conclusive short series, which fit nicely into 2 published light novels. Then due to popular demand, the author continued writing Hamefura as light-novel exclusives from Vol 3 onward.

Some have criticized the later volumes as a rehashing of the original contentís story beats, with less character development then they were expecting.
after a few volume of shirt stories, the novel picked up new track to follow on, but the track have their shortcomings too.
But then anime will probably be better given Season 1's example
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 13:45   Link #28
Frontier

The Bakarina Council are so afraid of Catarina's mother and convinced she doesn't care for her daughter that they think that if they ask for too high a ransom their mother will just give up on Catarina because they've got Keith. Jeez, even as a fantasy, that's harsh .

Looks like we finally meet the new Bishonen of the series, Rufus, who at first glance seems to be a handsome butler voiced by Kosuke Toriumi...but it seems like he has dark magic like Raphael did and is the true villain behind this kidnapping plot. I guess this Harem needed a proper bad boy .

I love how Catarina enjoys the sweets, romance novels, and relaxation she gets offered to the point where she actually forgets she's been kidnapped. Her actual kidnappers take her kidnapping far more seriously and gravely than she does .

Turns out Mary and Alan were actually honest with each other about being in love with someone else, although Alan doesn't know that Mary is also in love with Catarina (but at least this confirms he knows how he feels despite Mary's efforts to prevent that), but he's willing to support her nevertheless as, more or less, their beard. It's not a romance, but it's nice to see these to be open with and supportive of each other despite being love rivals in their own way .

Selena is like the last person I would've suspected to orchestrate a kidnapping in order to get Geordo to renounce his right to the throne, but it turns out she became a criminal for the man she loved...being so self-conscious about how little she stacks up compared to other women and thinking Ian didn't care about her anymore, she set off this kidnapping plot on the chance that it might somehow benefit Ian by giving him a better chance for the throne. This probably wasn't the best way to go about it, but I genuinely feel kind of bad for her .

I'm getting the sense that Ian is the stoic, curt, type that is awkward and not open with his feelings, which is why Selena got the mistaken impression that he didn't care about her anymore. Hopefully a proper conversation between the two can resolve that .

Bakarina being Bakarina gets to the source of the issue and relates to what Selena is going through, and tells her she shouldn't let it get her down and she should face Ian and her feelings head on! And thus Bakarina snags another friend .

It's admirable that Selena isn't going to take the easy way out and just let Catarina go without admitting to her crimes and taking responsibility for it even when Catarina says she'll keep quite about it...but Rufus isn't going to let this end without some conflict as he aims to take Selena, Ian, Geordo and Catarina out for his own plans and pin the blame all on Selena. Was he manipulating Selena into doing this from the very start ?
Old 2021-07-16, 18:10   Link #29
MCAL

"You are considered holy and likened to a saint."
"Tha... That's news to me?!"

Oh Catarina. If only you knew... You've been deified by half the kingdom already.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 18:21   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hope Jeffrey is just a red herring, but rather than him being the mastermind being too obvious, it's more like they're not even trying to hide it.

Catarina enjoying herself and forgetting all about having been kidnapped was pretty funny and very much like her.
Old 2021-07-16, 20:44   Link #31
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I think Katarina mite have stockholm syndrome but cant really blame her if one was treated like that after being kidnapped
Old 2021-07-17, 11:54   Link #32
Dark Wing

They're making it pretty obvious the culprit might be Jeffrey. I kind of hope it's not that simple but we'll have to see how this plays out. Looks like the Department of Magic is well aware of situation and might be doing an undercover operation.

I also find it interesting that Alan and Mary decide to remain a couple. My guess is because they understand each other more than anyone else can. So why not remain together just in case. However this would imply the author has either one succeeding winning over Katarina.
Old 2021-07-17, 13:16   Link #33
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
They're making it pretty obvious the culprit might be Jeffrey. I kind of hope it's not that simple but we'll have to see how this plays out. Looks like the Department of Magic is well aware of situation and might be doing an undercover operation.

I also find it interesting that Alan and Mary decide to remain a couple. My guess is because they understand each other more than anyone else can. So why not remain together just in case. However this would imply the author has either one succeeding winning over Katarina.
I guess it could be that they've been monitoring Rufus as a Dark Magic user? I'm kind of curious how much Selena has been manipulated in this ?

Mary and Alan seem to be using each other as their respective beard's to keep up appearances in society while they act on their feelings for Catarina. At least that was my takeaway .
Old 2021-07-17, 18:32   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Mary and Alan seem to be using each other as their respective beard's to keep up appearances in society while they act on their feelings for Catarina. At least that was my takeaway .
That's pretty much it.
Old 2021-07-17, 20:49   Link #35
Wandering Soul

Bakarina actually enjoying being a hostage to the point that everyone, but her is taking the seriously is very in character for her.
Old 2021-07-18, 13:17   Link #36
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Bakarina marches on...

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Gets Special OAD

Supposedly it will be about the gang's "childhood adventures."
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-19, 08:51   Link #37
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess it could be that they've been monitoring Rufus as a Dark Magic user? I'm kind of curious how much Selena has been manipulated in this ?

Alan still doesn't realize the situation with how he wished Mary getting her lover.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 13:45   Link #38
Frontier

I love how Catarina's mind works to where one of the Bakarina Council is able to figure out Rufus has dark magic but despite the situation she can't help but sleep soundly. Sometimes it works out being an idiot .

So this is basically a plot to make sure Jeffrey has no competition for the throne. Poor Alan isn't even a concern .

Rufus is already falling for Catarina's charms because of how simpleminded and surprisingly intuitive she is, to the point where her main takeaway from his background of being a slumrat who got taken in and forced to learn Dark Magic as an agent of a mysterious master...is how optimistic he is. Never change, Bakarina .

Rufus is pretty forward once he realizes he wants Catarina, although Catarina just thinks they're promised travel buddies, and was about to kiss her before her stomach ruined the mood...and then when he takes her to bed, Lana not-so-subtly gets in the way. But he did leave his mark on her .

Rufus...or I guess I should say Sora? Had a pretty tough backstory. Living in squalor and crime until someone showed him kindness and was there for him like a parent, but then there was nothing Sora could to help him when he fell ill. I wonder what happened to him after the guards caught him stealing medicine ?

Oh yeah Catarina, he was totally going to use Dark Magic on you in that bed. The Dark Magic known as sex .

Well, Rufus knows when the jig is up and gives himself up, but somehow I think Catarina will probably see him again soon .

I gotta admit, I thought we were going to get an army of guards breaking in, but unsurprisingly it's just the Harem and the maid who turns out to be an undercover cop. Although not only that but a master of disguise who is Raphael's superior and possibly Jeffrey's fiance? Man, Sumire Uesaka has range .

I guess Rufus is going to take the blame for the entire kidnapping plot so Selena doesn't get arrested, although I'm not sure if he did manipulate her into going through with it in the first place or just took advantage of her motivation to do it...but nevertheless, Selena being reunited with her prince and Ian professing his love for her after admitting he was just awkward because he wanted to be close to her but was being careful because of their stations was a pretty sweet scene .

Everyone shocked at that love bite but then Geordo is inspired to plant a kiss on Catarina immediately after a declaration of challenge from Rufus. Technically it's not even their first kiss .
Old 2021-07-23, 16:17   Link #39
Kakurin
大佐

Katalina may be an idiot but she has plenty of charm.
Old 2021-07-23, 18:30   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A lot of the times when characters get isekai'd, they get special abilities. Catarina's must be to find the exact right words to say to make someone fall for her. Before it could be rationalized as her knowing the lines from having played the game, but not here. Seriously, it was uncanny. And I'm not sure what to think about Rufus/Sora wanting to bang her because she said the same things as his mentor...

I'm not sure what's going to be more entertaining, the harem members' reactions to the kiss, or Catarina somehow managing to convince/delude herself he didn't mean anything romantic by it.