AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-17, 16:22   Link #21
Thor's Hammer

This was a pretty dark episode.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 17:34   Link #22
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm more invested in the MC after ep.3.
Old 2021-07-17, 18:03   Link #23
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 3:
Good episode. I've stated it before, I was watching this show out of curiosity more than out of it being a stand out. This episode has me hooked. It did three things simultaneously:
- It filled us in on Ai's past
- It explained her present. Things like her trouble with the idol group, her dislike of men and being touched even casually, and her sour go it alone attitude.
- It has probably set her and Sarasa on a path towards eventual friendship.

And it did so with drama and well told uncomfortable situations. And.... it had the guts to not immediately solve her problems. If I understand it right, Ai's issues with her mother and her mother's boyfriend/husband(?) are still very much unresolved and likely to always remain that way.

What I hope the show can do is balance episodes like these with with the good side of things. The allure and spectacle of the stage. I think it can because we also have Sarasa who embodies the good side of stage girls.
Old 2021-07-17, 19:40   Link #24
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I wasn't expecting this to get so dark. Ai had a horrible past, hope she can open up with Sarasa's help.
Old 2021-07-17, 20:31   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Poor otaku.
I think the story plans to portray him as actually being a normal or nice guy, who is just too introverted and ends up seemingly creepy to the girls. I'm assuming the next episode will clear that up.

As for Ai's past, I think they did a good job of making the guy creepy. The story itself feels on range of what I would expect, but the presentation was good.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 20:43   Link #26
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Poor otaku.
I think the story plans to portray him as actually being a normal or nice guy, who is just too introverted and ends up seemingly creepy to the girls. I'm assuming the next episode will clear that up.

As for Ai's past, I think they did a good job of making the guy creepy. The story itself feels on range of what I would expect, but the presentation was good.
My hunch is that Mr. Stalker-san was the first person to touch Ai at a fan event, and that's why she called him creepy. Maybe he doesn't really intend to do any harm but is so lacking in social skills that he didn't know of a more tactful way to improve the situation between him and her, such as by contacting the teachers of the school. We'll see in next week's episode. I felt bad for Ai when Stalker-san was inching closer and closer to her to give back her bag reminded her of the pedophile making a huge dinner for her in an effort to groom her. The execution of all that was so good. Aside from Taichi's example, Ai thinks of seemingly good behavior from males as being efforts to groom her, and it was uncomfortable seeing her trauma. This was the best episode of any of this season's seasonals IMO.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 22:24   Link #27
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

The stalker guy had grabbed her hand as part of a hand shaking event after a show. Ai would have shaken the hands of dozens or maybe even hundreds of fans that day given he seemed to be the last fan around since there was no one else in line. What was out of the ordinary was he failed to let go. But it's unclear whether he was actually being a creep or was just so glad to meet her that he forgot to let go.
Old 2021-07-17, 23:28   Link #28
HandofFate

Damn, episode 3 sure portrayed the uneasiness and how terrifying it was for her. Not sure how long Ai lasted in the idol group, she seemed famous enough that everyone knows of her, but given her phobia, I'm surprised she lasted any amount of time.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2021-07-17 at 23:39.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 01:02   Link #29
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Well, that changed course in a hurry. And it didn't even need a talking giraffe to do it...
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-19, 12:29   Link #30
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

i don't know why the girls didn't tell the otaku guy to put the bag down on the ground and leave.

Sure, he might be a nice guy lacking in social skills, but you don't follow a teen-aged girl to her new home and approach her out of nowhere. Of course that will feel creepy to his target.

I'm with Ai. I can't stand Watanabe-san either.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 11:48   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-07-24, 14:22   Link #32
Blaat

I thought it was the first episode where Sarasa wasn't annoying, also looks like she too has a sad backstory.

Also that's a nice Rose of Versailles poster in the bedroom.
Old 2021-07-25, 01:03   Link #33
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Sarasa and Ai are both such goofs, and in completely different ways. I love it.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 15:22   Link #34
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Finally got a chance to watch this series, and so far so good. The art is clean and the story is okay so far. The biggest thing to stand out so far is Ai's past. It was quite appalling; her mother is a failure of a parent. I mean, the guy looked hella older than her, and to leave Ai with some strange man instead of her brother(?) just doesn't make sense. Well guess they needed some kind of baggage for Ai to carry =01. Then for some reason, the mother gets mad at Taichi(I guess for kicking the dude outta there) which is really mind-boggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm with Ai. I can't stand Watanabe-san either.
I'm actually liking Sarasa's personality. That super upbeat genki kill-em-with-kindness attitude really hits the spot for me. A fun(ny) char all around =03. I find Ai far more annoying. I mean, I understand why she is the way she is, but that still doesn't make her feel any less of an ass to me(or to put it more succinctly, she's cold). She'll eventually come around, as she's pretty amiable around Taichi, but its gonna be baby steps to get there...

Edit: A bit late, but can anyone explain the captain pushing Sarasa, and how he could tell about her physical ability from it? I want to believe there's a proper theory behind it and not just hogwash anime-isms.

Last edited by frubam; 2021-07-26 at 10:07.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 08:48   Link #35
Diet
Calorie Mate

I'm watching only this because several says this is the best of season. Honestly episode 1 was bit weak (yeah, it's mere prologue)
But from episode 2, the ending have a scent of Takarazuka revue is truly amazing. Episode 3 was psycho horror and I can sympa with her in spite of I am a guy because I am a kind of mysophobia.
And then, episode 4 was very good landing of her trauma story..
I'm going to watch this as a girl who is Takarazuka fandom because this is an anime from pure shoujo magazine series.
Diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-28, 01:32   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

To note, since I think some people might have felt it already, but the person credited for making the EDs is Tsuneyoshi Saito, who has actually done various songs for Takarazuka.

Old 2021-07-29, 06:11   Link #37
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
To note, since I think some people might have felt it already, but the person credited for making the EDs is Tsuneyoshi Saito, who has actually done various songs for Takarazuka.
Wow, that name is a blast from the past. Saito wrote the remarkable score for Dennou Coil over a decade ago then seemed to drop out of the anime industry. I read he did some work on games then went on tour with a band. I lost track of his career around that time, but I'm glad he's resurfaced because he is quite talented.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-29, 21:08   Link #38
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Wow, that name is a blast from the past. Saito wrote the remarkable score for Dennou Coil over a decade ago then seemed to drop out of the anime industry. I read he did some work on games then went on tour with a band. I lost track of his career around that time, but I'm glad he's resurfaced because he is quite talented.
It seems the last anime he did before Kageki Shoujo is Fafner Exodus, which was 6 years ago. So yeah, definitely been away from the anime industry for a while.

Old 2021-07-31, 13:33   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

BTW, the top 2 that appeared in ep 5 (Sei and that other girl with her) are both voiced by Ex-Takarazuka members.

Old 2021-07-31, 18:38   Link #40
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
ルークです

Beautiful friendship scene with Ai & Sarasa.

I am looking forward to seeing it develop more as time progresses.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote