Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-25, 17:05   Link #5841
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm confused.. What do you mean by only veteran players can be granted levels? Also what do you mean by planning to granted levels to 60?
When you leveled up together from the recruit a friend program, you earned a "granted level" to give to another character on the other players account; however it seems only the player who sent the recruit a friend invite[the "veteran" player] is able to receive the granted levels, and the person who received the invite["recruited" player] is only capable of giving the levels to the other, not getting them. So since we had leveled from 1~80 with our characters together we had earned 40 levels to grant to another character, so that we could have an alt character go 1 > 40, 10 > 50, or 20 > 60[60 is max level that can be granted] instantly or in matter of minutes in anyways , but as per above post only one, not both of get this benefit hence the annoyance D:.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 17:06   Link #5842
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The Recruit a Friend program sounds really confusing....
Old 2010-09-25, 17:16   Link #5843
Xacual

I wonder if Blizz is making Worgen and Goblin not able to be recruit a friend leveled. I don't know if I saw anything to say that they are or are not allowing that. Would be nice to give one of them 40 levels and get them up to 60 so they wouldn't be so far behind the curve. Would probably kill the race for the 85 achievements though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 17:18   Link #5844
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I wonder if Blizz is making Worgen and Goblin not able to be recruit a friend leveled. I don't know if I saw anything to say that they are or are not allowing that. Would be nice to give one of them 40 levels and get them up to 60 so they wouldn't be so far behind the curve. Would probably kill the race for the 85 achievements though.
I suppose Blizzard is going to disable speed-leveling Worgen and Goblin until one person reaches level 85 with one of them. Then will enable it for that race, then when the other one reaches it. Will enable it as well. Blizzard doesn't want people to cheat their way through the Worgen and Goblin starting zones. They want them to experience what they added to it, instead of using the Recruit a Friend program to speed through. So thats what I think.
Old 2010-09-26, 07:27   Link #5845
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I got a Cataclysm Beta Invite. I am contemplating whether I should actually play in the Beta or not, considering my limited bandwidth and the other 4 people who use the same internet connection as me.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 07:34   Link #5846
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I got a Cataclysm Beta Invite. I am contemplating whether I should actually play in the Beta or not, considering my limited bandwidth and the other 4 people who use the same internet connection as me.
You will need at least 25GB to get it all cranking. That's accounting for the client download, expanding it then getting the current version. It has chewed up my bandwidth big time too.

However, it will prove valuable to be prepared for Cata.

PS. I've noticed some of you debating whether Grim Batol is worth it. It is. The loot alone validfies it. Secondly, it is not the hardest instance, wasn't too long either. Vortex Pinnacle and the Stonecore - those are the hard ones. But Vortex Pinnacle is the best 5 player instance Blizzard has ever made IMO.andwidth big time too.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-09-26 at 07:56.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 12:15   Link #5847
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
You will need at least 25GB to get it all cranking. That's accounting for the client download, expanding it then getting the current version. It has chewed up my bandwidth big time too.

However, it will prove valuable to be prepared for Cata.

PS. I've noticed some of you debating whether Grim Batol is worth it. It is. The loot alone validfies it. Secondly, it is not the hardest instance, wasn't too long either. Vortex Pinnacle and the Stonecore - those are the hard ones. But Vortex Pinnacle is the best 5 player instance Blizzard has ever made IMO.andwidth big time too.
I'm pretty scared if my computer can run Cataclysm
Old 2010-09-26, 15:05   Link #5848
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It should be able to. Deepholm is the major issue. I've just set all graphic settings within WoW Beta to min to avoid any messups.

Interesting how opinions change after doing an instance itself. Tonight I told my fuildies that the Stonecore nad Vortex Pinnacle were hard. They didn't believe me and 2 of them joined me in runs on beta. After the fact, they found Vortex challenging but fun, while they thought The Stonecore was evil and is destined to be PURE EVIL ON HEROIC. Honestly....the Stonecore should not be open to lv81 players....84 at the earliest! It;s harder than the instances that open at 84...screams of imbalance to me.
Old 2010-09-26, 18:15   Link #5849
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well atleast Blizzard put effort into these dungeons This is going to be a fun experience for me
Old 2010-09-27, 13:39   Link #5850
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

3 reasons why Archaeology is AWESOME!

Spoiler for 1. Clockwork Gnome - Dwarf Rare, pet:

Spoiler for 2. Fossilied Hatchling - Fossil Rare, pet:

Spoiler for 3. Fossil Raptor - Fossil Rare, Epic Mount:

And there's plenty more to find.
Old 2010-09-27, 14:27   Link #5851
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

A worgen riding a motorcycle is 100 times more bad ass
Old 2010-09-27, 15:34   Link #5852
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

I want the fossil raptor!!! *Must level Archaeology!!*
Old 2010-09-27, 15:41   Link #5853
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The cost on the mechahog go down at all in CATA? 12.500 gold just for non-craftable mats is still loopy.

Oh and the latest CATA beta build has removed the portals from Dalaran and Shatt.
Old 2010-09-27, 16:23   Link #5854
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Oh and the latest CATA beta build has removed the portals from Dalaran and Shatt.
You forgot that only part that doesn't make this a completely unbearable and stupid move, they're adding class trainers in their place[at least I heard they were and hope they do or will suck grinding outland/northland levels as any class without a teleport spell].
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 16:58   Link #5855
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Class traing is much less a worry to start with since you only need to learn a new spell once in CATA since there are no spell ranks anymore. I simply use them to get from continent to continent faster with a Hearthstone on Dalaran allowing relatively quick transportation to Northend, then if needed to the places near Mt. Hyjal, Twilight Highlands, Vash'jir, and Deepholm via whichever city you need to visit. Plus with the remaining portal to the Caverns of Time, a close portal to Uldam.

Being an engineer however, I have other methods to get where I wish to go, and have an AH in Dalaran at present. I likely won't need to ever buy a Dalaran ring unless I want it for the Achievement as I doubt I'll need one more Hearthstone to Dalaran in the future when I have a Wornhole Generator that can get me about two to three minutes flying time from Dalaran anyway (and a 4 hour cool down), then a teleporter to Winterspring or Area 52 if I need to go to Outland or near Mt Hyjal. (I do hope that the Goblin/Gnome Engineering specialites are dropped so I can get at least one more teleporter, the one to Gadgetsan to be closer to Uldam).

Just means I'll probably have my Heartstone set for Westfall again to cover all continents (Westfall to avoid the lag in Stormwind and the pool that is Goldshire).

I do wonder if we'll get another Engineering instant Hearthstone device in CATA to match the ones in the rest of the game...because we probably need one to Deepholm or Vash'jir...and we still need one to someplace in the Eastern Kingdoms.

(Also it looks like we can say good bye to 15 minute heroics, even when we overgear them in two years or so before the next expansion.)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2010-09-27 at 18:54.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 18:58   Link #5856
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
(Also it looks like we can say good bye to 15 minute heroics, even when we overgear them in two years or so before the next expansion.)
Hello old-time 30-50 minutes dungeons. Possibly 1 hour - 1 hour and 30 minute heroics depending on the dungeon.
Old 2010-09-27, 19:43   Link #5857
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

so apparently Blizzard is trying to release CATA between Dec 4 - 14th hopefuly they can.. but if it risks major bugs, i can wait.
Old 2010-09-27, 20:12   Link #5858
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
so apparently Blizzard is trying to release CATA between Dec 4 - 14th hopefuly they can.. but if it risks major bugs, i can wait.
I thought it was somewhere in November? It would be great if Blizzard set back to December because there are still bugs lying around.
Old 2010-09-27, 20:47   Link #5859
Xacual

You guys need to read more carefully, Blizz never said November and they haven't even said December, it's still just people posting what they think make sense. Even if MMO-champion has inside source it still doesn't change the fact that release dates are not set in stone until Blizz comes out and says a date.

Also I don't know if I like the idea of hour long dungeons again. I agree that Wrath's 10-15 minute ones are way too short but going back to an hour is kind of long.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 20:52   Link #5860
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Also I don't know if I like the idea of hour long dungeons again. I agree that Wrath's 10-15 minute ones are way too short but going back to an hour is kind of long.
I sorta liked BC's dungeons. Where they usually went from 30 minutes if you go with the long ones.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows