AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-23, 08:06   Link #81
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah. You guys seem a bit stretched out that's all. Way worse than Shinsen ever was as I see it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 08:15   Link #82
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yeah. You guys seem a bit stretched out that's all. Way worse than Shinsen ever was as I see it.
Chill, people. And as I've mentioned before, the [bold]Shigurui[\bold] delays have all been caused by one person that cannot simply be replaced. He did say again this morning that he was "all ours" for two weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if Shig's done by that time unless something happens with someone else on the project team.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 23:27   Link #83
gargleblaster
spluh.

Good deal, sangofe. No real complaints here because I came on this release late, and have only recently caught up. Glad to hear that the last few may be out soon..
gargleblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 10:24   Link #84
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Oke someone please explain 2 things for me.

1-
Spoiler for episode 7:

2-
Spoiler for episode 7 question 2:
Old 2007-12-28, 10:49   Link #85
gargleblaster
spluh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
The answer to both questions are in ep. 8...
gargleblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 15:13   Link #86
LifeILL

I've watched up to episode 11 now.....and wow.....I'm sad to say one of my favorite characters in the show fell to a poison "wolverine" claw at the end. And Fujiki is becoming one hell of a character.

Seriously, this is the best anime I have EVER seen. Nothing else is even close in its representation, the dialogue, the direction, the DIRECTION....is just absolutely amazing. Every single episode have left me speechless.

Are there any other anime that's like this? Serei no Moribito? Mushishi....they seem to have the same style. Maybe I should check up on those.

God....I can't even watch Naruto or Higurashi or Claymore anymore after watching this.....they're not even in the same realm.

*Spoiler*

When Irako killed the bug-eye dude at the end of episode 8.....there were two guys standing behind him. One of them looked A LOT like big-mouth guy.

*Spoiler End*
LifeILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 18:54   Link #87
psycrop

just caught up til episode 10, really well crafted (visually and story wise) anime. i love much of the details included in each ep, which all seemed to leave a print in me.
this anime needs more effin cowbell ffs.
psycrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 17:13   Link #88
Nico

hang on, so ep 12 is the last one? the story hasn't concluded yet, don't even see how fujiki lost his arm. Is there gonna be another season?
Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 17:16   Link #89
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
hang on, so ep 12 is the last one? the story hasn't concluded yet, don't even see how fujiki lost his arm. Is there gonna be another season?

12 is the last one, however, there seems to be some sort of special we're checking out what is.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 17:51   Link #90
Nico

ok, anyway thanks for your work on the series, been anticipating the last 2 eps for a while

btw the way that kogan died, fking sick!
Old 2008-01-30, 20:26   Link #91
taelrak

Yea, hopefully someone who's read the manga can fill us in on what happens afterwards ; ;

Although, from the anime point of view...I can't see how Fujiki can win unless he came up with some brilliant new technique on his own -- that ultimate technique of his sensei required 2 arms....and it doesn't seem that Fujiki is as fast as his sensei anyway... poor guy
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 20:59   Link #92
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Yea, hopefully someone who's read the manga can fill us in on what happens afterwards ; ;

Although, from the anime point of view...I can't see how Fujiki can win unless he came up with some brilliant new technique on his own -- that ultimate technique of his sensei required 2 arms....and it doesn't seem that Fujiki is as fast as his sensei anyway... poor guy
didn't Fujiki invented his own technique that only require one hand? the one that extended the length of a sword by using the fingers. Still , that probably wouldn't help against someone that is blind and doesn't know how long the opponent sword is. Still, we don't know how he lost his arm and who won at the end. of all the people I think Fujiki was the less guilty of all, Ikaro was at fault for getting in bed with the master's mistress even when he was warned by "big mouth"
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 21:27   Link #93
Nico

I dunno why everyone fights Irako facing head on, his got his sword stuck in the ground, try to move around him lol, he won't be able to react that quick and the hit area is quite small. Another flaw is that everyone knows its a blow that comes bottom to top, it seems very easy to block, you can have a sword ready to block it from below and another to attack.

Im not really sure whos suppose to be the protagonist and antagonist is this story, but i hate Irako, I've been rooting for fujiki from the beginning
Old 2008-01-30, 21:32   Link #94
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I dunno why everyone fights Irako facing head on, his got his sword stuck in the ground, try to move around him lol, he won't be able to react that quick and the hit area is quite small. Another flaw is that everyone knows its a blow that comes bottom to top, it seems very easy to block, you can have a sword ready to block it from below and another to attack.

Im not really sure whos suppose to be the protagonist and antagonist is this story, but i hate Irako, I've been rooting for fujiki from the beginning
They're samurai I'm sure there's some sort of taboo against thinking out of the box because it'd be dishonorable or something...

I mean otherwise, there are all sorts of ways you can beat a blind man when you know he's coming... throw a dozen iron pots at him and hit him from the back when he's distracted by the clanging noise or something...or just kill Iku and throw a bunch of spikes onto the ground or something
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 21:40   Link #95
Falkor

Just finished the last episode today... wow very disturbing indeed.

I don’t know how I was able to sit through 10 episodes the other day. I was expecting something unique, but this show has gone beyond anything I have watched last year. One aspect of the show I like is the ability to set the mood of the story without shying away on the gruesome details for shock value. The characters are probably the most important part of the show, not only because of the amount of muscles they have, but also because of how twisted they have been presented—each having a motive on his/her own. Even though the ending has been left “opened” without solving the situation introduced at the beginning, this was definitely a great ride—one that I might not be able to bring myself of watching again for the ‘obvious’ reasons.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 02:40   Link #96
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Duuuddeeee. TEN episodes of Shigurui? I was depressed and shocked and confused after watching one a day.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 15:54   Link #97
LifeILL

From what I have heard....it's far from over. Isn't the manga still ongoing?? From what it seems, here is when Fujiki starts his own training to beat Irako. He starts to train spears or something like that.

But it's kind of funny how the main character in this anime is really Kugan, and not Irako nor Fujiki. And he's quite an honorable guy too, he might be sick and twisted in the head, but he would never backstab his own people.

One of my favorite moments was when Kugan took Fujiki's place in fighting that little kid, because he didn't want Fujiki to get killed.
Old 2008-02-01, 15:58   Link #98
LifeILL

This is an image I found from the manga, I think this is after episode 12

Old 2008-02-01, 22:46   Link #99
bidlebob

Question One thing

Hey everyone, so I finished the anime and my only pressing question is: How does Fujiki lose his arm? Is it in the manga? Please use spoiler tags for those who don't want to know. I'm still confused by the majority of what happened in this anime, but I suppose it's a good kind of confusion. Sick stuff all around, but damn entertaining nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil View Post
2-
Spoiler for episode 7 question 2:
Spoiler for response to question 2:
bidlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 04:21   Link #100
km0120

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidlebob View Post
Hey everyone, so I finished the anime and my only pressing question is: How does Fujiki lose his arm? Is it in the manga? Please use spoiler tags for those who don't want to know. I'm still confused by the majority of what happened in this anime, but I suppose it's a good kind of confusion. Sick stuff all around, but damn entertaining nonetheless.
Spoiler for answer:
km0120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme violence, mature, shounen