Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-09, 19:32   Link #41
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well speaking of reamkes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ

either a huge attempt at risking their lives by getting our hopes up then destroying them or will be one of the biggest games of the PS3!
Old 2008-02-09, 23:09   Link #42
Snuffle
likes cute things

I'm pretty sure that a very old video... I think right before ps3 came out. They were just testing the capabilities of the ps3. I also think that i read somewhere that there is no plan to remake FFVII
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 23:25   Link #43
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
The reason could be one or the other. But it's nice knowing that FFVI is still recognized even today.

It's understandable that we all have our faves and dislikes in a line of games as long as Final Fantasy's. For example, I love FFIX and pretty much dislike FFVIII for a bunch of reasons (don't even get me started...), while others would feel the exact opposite.

But I also wish that SE would take a look back at their older stuff and try to recapture that old magic, or attempt to remake these classics for the present. Then again, from a nostalgic standpoint, they're already fine the way they are.
updated animnation and graphics would good. and ficing up a few tweaks wouldn't be bad either.
Old 2008-02-11, 13:44   Link #44
BritishBearBoy
♥Osaka's Admirer♥

I Loved X and VIII.
BritishBearBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 02:12   Link #45
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I have to say that VII was my favorite. Although, both X and XII were awesome. I will admit, I loved the gambit system of XII; it was a nice change from the classic turn-based fighting of all of the previous FF games.
Old 2008-02-12, 04:40   Link #46
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

FF VI, no question. Fantastic story, excellent characters, and solid gameplay. Plus it had Kefka. You just don't say no to Kefka.

FF XI also holds a special place in my heart for the many memories I've had of playing that one. It's also got an amazing story for an MMORPG. Too bad it's so hard to finish it all (DIE SNOLL TZAR!!!)
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 13:01   Link #47
BritishBearBoy
♥Osaka's Admirer♥

VII is just one of those Classics everybody has to play.
BritishBearBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 13:58   Link #48
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I'm pretty sure that a very old video... I think right before ps3 came out. They were just testing the capabilities of the ps3. I also think that i read somewhere that there is no plan to remake FFVII
Yes, but there was also an entirely redone version of that scene that showed at the end of Crisis Core.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 14:57   Link #49
rg4619

Some people in Square Enix are interested in doing a remake, such as the executives and younger employees (the original developers weren't thrilled about the idea before, but demand from fans has caught their attention). However, there are no specific plans since FFXIII and FF Versus XIII are still in production.

The Crisis Core clip was actually added by the director (Hajime Tabata) to provoke his producers and subsequently the fans. It's probably just a matter of time before a project gets off the ground.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 17:04   Link #50
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
The Crisis Core clip was actually added by the director (Hajime Tabata) to provoke his producers and subsequently the fans. It's probably just a matter of time before a project gets off the ground.
True, but they also did that from a storytelling point of view. Crisis Core is practically the prequel of FFVII after all. The whole thing was very fitting at the very least.

By the way, Crisis Core has a great ending, and I'm not just referring to that FFVII clip. Zack's character deserved more screen time than what he was given in FFVII, and Crisis Core just gave him that. Moreover, you get to understand how his death (a better scene than Aerith's in my opinion) truly affected Cloud during the events of FFVII and Advent Children.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 13:07   Link #51
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I'll try to order my favorite Final Fantasies here:

1. Final Fantasy X (my favorite game, story, chars and setting totally were to my taste)
1. Final Fantasy VI (genre-defining game, the best from an objective point of view)
2. Final Fantasy VII (did everything right, but some not as good as VI)
2. Final Fantasy XII (BEST fighting system of ANY game I've ever played, bad characters with the exception of Balthier(!))
3. Final Fantasy IX (solid oldshool JRPG, nothing new, but great story)
3. Final Fantasy V (only a view characters, good job system)
3. Final Fantasy IV (solid oldshool JRPG, nothing new, surprisingly good characters at it's time)
4. Final Fantasy X-2 (great job system, too view characters, too girlish, story starts too late)
4. Final Fantasy VIII (bad characters, with the exception of Squall, draw-system was horrible)
Old 2010-02-17, 20:55   Link #52
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Final Fantasy VIII was great to me. Same with Final Fantasy VI & VII.

I like Final Fantasy X and X-2 as well. Really liked the good ending in X-2.
Old 2010-02-18, 00:36   Link #53
Jaden

Well, I haven't played 12 or 13.

I have to say 10 was my favourite though. Someone here said it had superb directing and voice acting, which I don't really agree with. I liked the english voice actors, but you could kind of tell it was their first time doing something like that in a video game. Still, it added to the atmosphere, which was the best thing about the game. The fantasy setting was the most evocative of them all, and to me it had the same "upgrade" effect as FF7 did (Why do we need a PS 2? This is why, baby! Oh yeah.)

I'll also give a mention to #5, because it had my favourite gameplay. Sure there was a lot of abusive stuff you could do to breeze through the game, but those are in every FF game in some form.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 01:12   Link #54
Sassarai
Army of One

1) FFXI - Massive world to explore, great battle system, online play, best boss battles out of all the ff games, armor and weapon changes when equipped.

2) FFIV/FF2 - Best 5 character party - Rydia, Rosa, Edge, Cecil, and Kain

3) FFIII/FFVI - Tons of great characters, loved the Renaissance feel.

4) FFVIII - Good love story and no more super deformed characters.

5) FFX - added voice acting and blitzball just pwns.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2010-02-18 at 01:23.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:25   Link #55
Albafica
Pisces no saint

My top Final Fantasy is:

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Final Fantasy IV
4. FInal Fantasy VIII
5. Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy 7 is my favourite FF, and my best RPG (jap) with Xenogears.
Old 2010-02-18, 02:33   Link #56
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Definitely Final Fantasy VI, followed by Final Fantasy IX, and then followed by Final Fantasy IV/FF IV remake for DS. FF 7 is rated 4th. FF XII is last. Those are the FF games I played through. FF VIII and FF X just didn't get me enough interest to play them. I almost beat FF V. FF V is good. Classic FF is great.

I hope they put FF VI on Virtual Console some day, or do a DS release like Chrono Trigger. And I hope that FF IX hits PSN some day.
Old 2010-02-19, 18:33   Link #57
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Final Fantasy VII and VIII remain my favorites because of good characters, neat story pace and overall good atmosphere.
Old 2010-02-19, 19:31   Link #58
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

1 - FF 6 -> Best of All for me even thought it's old fashion ^^

2 - FF 8 -> I was kid and i really liked Squall x Linoa specially the dance's part

3 - FF 7 -> This one was great , i remember that i played it with my friends ^^

4 - FF 10 -> New system and Yuna ftw
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 20:21   Link #59
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Final Fantasy IX - a perfect blend of romance, plot, characters, and great dialogue. I also liked how they mixed the previous Final Fantasy's into IX as well. Also, to me, has a high amount of replayability. Final Fantasy Tactics and VI are a close second/third.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 21:05   Link #60
Scorch

FF6, definitely. I loved the cast and story. In some ways, I consider the themes it dealt with more mature than all of the newer FF games. Celes' reaction if a certain character dies in the second half of the game for instance. And it has Kefka, one of my favorite villains ever.

FFT is my second favorite. The first couple chapters were really great. I particularly like the whole Miluda episode. I feel like it kind of dropped the ball story-wise later - Tactics Ogre was better.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote