AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-26, 07:26   Link #61
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Raaaah! Avoid avoid avoid. There IS NO OVA of this game. Fans are all agreed about that. This detestable abomination DOES NOT EXIST.

I agree. Pretend that the OVA does not exist.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:40   Link #62
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The OVA exists, like it or not. I use it as benchmark on how bad anime can go. LOL
Old 2009-03-29, 22:00   Link #63
Shadow Kira01

I am certain the OVA does exist...

As to whether I will be watching it or not will be a different issue. My answer would be an obvious "no".
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 11:11   Link #64
Manic
real men love pink

haha i watched the ova's and basically from reading the info about the game on wiki then watching the ova they were like a quick summery of the 1st part of the game. So they werent that bad tho i hope this new anime is better.
Old 2009-04-01, 07:55   Link #65
amrul

wow, so many spoilers here...

I never played the game, hope the anime won't end up like Chaos;Head. The VN itself is interesting, but the anime is failure
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 18:40   Link #66
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I haven't watched the ova , well to be honest I did not know ova existed . So it was news to me ... goes to watch ^__^
Old 2009-04-02, 17:27   Link #67
BluWacky
尻の竜

Well, for better or for worse, this show is a Bee Train show through and through.

I couldn't tell you if this sticks close to the game or anything like that. I can tell you that the script is a little clunky to start with, and gets a little bit clever-clever; not in a Chiaki Konaka way, I hasten to add, but it's still a bit obvious at times. I like both Ein and Zwei a LOT, though, which is odd given that they're both almost ciphers...

What I can tell you is that I do think Mashimo gets a horrible reputation that isn't entirely justified, and I'd take the OP and ED alone of Phantom over pretty much everything that premiered in the January 09 season. Say what you will about their use of tracking shots or whatever, but the team at Bee Train clearly has an eye for interesting visual flair. I'd love to see what the man would do with a proper budget some time.

I'm definitely pleased the show's less over the top than the other Nitro+ stories I've seen animated (Demonbane, Blassreiter, Chaoshead). I have no objection to supernatural/fantasy elements - I positively relish them usually - but none of the stuff I disliked about those other three shows seems present here so far which is a good sign.

The thing is is that I've come into this liking Mashimo's work. I couldn't tell you if someone who doesn't like Bee Train would like Phantom, because all the strong points about the first episode for me were things that Bee Train do well!
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 17:42   Link #68
Mentar
Banned

BluWacky is right on. As expected (feared, on my end), they're BeeTraining the source drastically. If you enjoy seeing characters shoot firearms, episode 1 will definitely please you. Which isn't entirely wrong, since the original game was very big on weapon details, but much less on actually using them in a big stylized way... ^_^;

There's one thing I need to mention: The artwork is really impressive in HD of the truest kind. Also, the backgrounds are very detailed, and the motion animation of the first fights was peachy too. So, on the technical angle, the show exceeded my expectations noticeably.

The first episode took some liberties from the game storyline ...

Spoiler:

but the overall direction still rung true. So, expect Phantom to lose alot of the dark bitter grittiness of the original, and more "look how cool-invincible they are" sequences instead, but this formula might still work. And it will be interesting to see how they will handle the lead characters once the drama kicks in.

In any case, good entertainment so far.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 17:53   Link #69
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Saw the 1st ep, really pissed and not impressed with "BeeTraining" of the series. There is no justice in this world. ARGHHHHH! I refused to watch this one anymore.

Fuck you, Bee Train!

This is same shit I got from Blade of Immortal. Now this. ARGHHH!
Old 2009-04-02, 18:03   Link #70
Mentar
Banned

*shakes head*

too early for that, stormy. IMHO. I'd definitely wait until the first betrayal and see how they handle it then. Once things start to really count, I doubt that they CAN BeeTrain it any longer.
Old 2009-04-02, 19:14   Link #71
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I have absolutely no knowledge of the source and very little of Bee Train. All I can say is that I enjoyed the first ep and thought that Takagaki Ayahi's voice-acting was godly. Her work between the 12 and 13 minute marks was emotion-communication of the highest order. She belongs in a show with Hisakawa Aya.

I actually was a bit lukewarm about the animation. The timing or pace seemed a bit off to me sometimes. But the backgrounds were wonderful. Such depth and atmosphere.

And the OP reminded me how great Kokia can be.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 19:32   Link #72
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*shakes head*

too early for that, stormy. IMHO. I'd definitely wait until the first betrayal and see how they handle it then. Once things start to really count, I doubt that they CAN BeeTrain it any longer.
Not that I care but shouldn't you tag that?

I found Ep 1 to much better then I expected it too be.
Old 2009-04-02, 20:32   Link #73
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I don't know what "beetraining" is, or what bees have to do with the show, but I found it to be pretty good. I knew Kuroda wouldn't let me down as they followed the VN nicely. Both the OP was very beautiful and the ED was excellent too, not to mention the fight scene was fluid and smooth. Takagaki Ayahi does Ein's voice sounds just as good as Omi Minami, which was one of the things I feared would fail. I've got no complaints... at least not yet. In fact, I'm quite happy how it turned out, at least compared to some imaginary OVA I dreamed about watching .

And I wonder if they just made up what Judy looked like, or is that what Nitro+ actually intended for her to look like?

Last edited by frubam; 2009-04-02 at 20:47.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 21:06   Link #74
ShadowAlex

All right, that was a pretty badass episode! Compared to Blade this looks like a winner in my book.

The animation is probably the best I've ever seen out of Bee Train including the special effects and CG Work (other than the helicopter explosion which no one seems to care lol)

The music is exceptional and probably even better than Hikaru's work on Chrono Crusade. I loved the opening theme, which had a real melancholy tune, the ending however was pretty average for Ali Project and a downright mediocre tune, completely discontent wildly arranged and outrageously sharp.

it is rather fast paced compared to the other GwG (Granted this isn't technically an installment in the trilogy) I'm going to assume Masayuki Kurosawa is the editor on this, (He's done all of BT's editing since LIMINALITY) and he did a very good job IMO (or whomever edited). Though despite the fast I didn't get lost like I did when I was watching Blade, so a much better story structure from Kuroda and company.
ShadowAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 01:38   Link #75
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't know what "beetraining" is, or what bees have to do with the show, but I found it to be pretty good. I knew Kuroda wouldn't let me down as they followed the VN nicely. Both the OP was very beautiful and the ED was excellent too, not to mention the fight scene was fluid and smooth. Takagaki Ayahi does Ein's voice sounds just as good as Omi Minami, which was one of the things I feared would fail. I've got no complaints... at least not yet. In fact, I'm quite happy how it turned out, at least compared to some imaginary OVA I dreamed about watching .
Oh, amen to that indeed!

BeeTrain is the animation studio of the show, and "beetraining" means adjusting the source material to their typical style. Which is the glorification of mystical pistol warriors, preferably girls. Adding 897234 shots of these warriors pointing the gun EXACTLY AT YOU and then firing, preferably doing some mad leaping through the air first, dissolving into thin air, while unflinchingly dodging a few hundred bullets fired at them ... that's beetraining.

Also...

Spoiler:

Quote:
And I wonder if they just made up what Judy looked like, or is that what Nitro+ actually intended for her to look like?
Well...

Spoiler:

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with ep1. It was better than I expected it to be. The music helped alot here, looking forward to more of it!
Old 2009-04-03, 08:20   Link #76
Chase

Ahh, watch the 810p subs. Overall, a solid intro episode. OP was good. The animation is great, action is good and my interest level remained high threw out. I'll definitely be watching this one for episodes to come.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 08:28   Link #77
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

While i wasn't too thrilled about Beetrain being behind this one, i ended up enjoying episode 1 quite a bit. (Have never played the game, even if it has been sitting on my shelf for a long time ... curse the horror that is interactive DVD). The mood was rather gritty (supported by an appropriate musical score), the OP hauntingly attractive in a way (if confusing), and the premise a rather interesting one, even if it isn't something we haven't seen before. It wasn't portrayed as over-the-top i was expecting it to be, so this can make for a rather thrilling and grounded tale about two assassins, who are nothing short of puppets themselves, caught in a game of bigger fishes. Animation was nothing to complain about as well.

I suppose it is only a matter of time before the various factions start trying to dispose of each other, and amidst all of that i assume Eins and Zwei will try for their own freedom as well. She definitely seemed somewhat affected by Zwei as the later was lying in her lap, so i suppose it is only a matter of time before some cracks start appearing in their masks. Well, whatever happens, if they manage to keep the mood and presentation of the first episode, i will be quite pleased with this show. Episode 1 surpassed my expectations, and i hope it stays that way
Old 2009-04-03, 09:05   Link #78
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Holy crap. The High Definition fidelity HAS to be the highest out of all the anime released in this season. Actually, I can't remember too many anime looking quite this sharp. Good job by Bee Train on jumping on fully with the high definition train. They did a great job with it.

Also the theme of a hired killer with the masks? Reminds me of Darker than Black without the whimsical superpowers and coffee-drinking-laid-back aspect. Who knows, maybe that'll come in time.

And the ED! Another incredibly out-of-the-left-field music by Ali Project. I know people are griping about it again (what else is new?) but people will warm up to it, like always.

And speaking of Blassreiter, I thought they did a decent job of what they had to work with. One of the rare, high fidelity shows from Gonzo in recent years too. Hopefully, Beetrain does at least that much with this one.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 09:41   Link #79
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Agreement with Bluwacky about interesting visual flair. (Screenshots for ep 1?) Bleh, I don't think I'll ever warm up to Ali Project, but I'll just leave it and watch the OP instead, which I do kinda like (Kokia's Karma).
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 11:47   Link #80
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

OMG this just far exceeded my expectations, man I'm completely hooked!
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen