AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 01:16   Link #2261
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fighting games having "upgrades" and DLC ad nauseam is to be expected, but why would all of them follow Capcom milking tactics regarding disc iteration?
Hell, even with such moves from capcom, you could upgrade SSIV into AE with a DLC, yet Arc System doesn't provide such thing for extend... I can stomach the changes between CT and CS leading to a new disc, but CS and CSE? Hardly.
Old 2011-09-28, 01:49   Link #2262
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

They are combining the CT and CS story-lines into one game for this release just so you know. Pretty convenient if you ask me.

And you're exaggerating. Extend's leap isn't a whole lot smaller than CS' was. 3 new characters, re-balancing, new modes and a new storyline for each character minus one was all we got when CS was released. If just that was worth you paying for it then this shouldn't be much different.
Old 2011-09-28, 02:02   Link #2263
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Um... CS added, removed and changed a whole lot of system mechanics from CT.

CS2 of course was far less drastic.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 02:37   Link #2264
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Um... CS added, removed and changed a whole lot of system mechanics from CT.
That's true, I forgot some fighting mechanics changed as well, but I wouldn't say it'd be something that would entice people to buy a new version of the game compared to new characters or features, especially those who don't play it for the fighting aspect. Hell I didn't even know there was a new one in CS2.

But in the end all this whining really just comes down to money. You don't have to but the game if you don't want to, nobody's forcing anybody to, but do you honestly think not buying it is gonna make ArcSys change their minds about doing this? I don't. They're partially a business so they'll use whatever methods they have of getting money out of their consumers.

I'm perfectly aware of this. Why am I willing to pay? Because ArcSys makes games I like, and it'd be a shame to see them go bankrupt.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-09-28 at 03:15.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 02:58   Link #2265
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
That's true, I forgot some fighting mechanics changed as well, but I wouldn't say it'd be something that would entice people to buy a new version of the game compared to new characters or features, especially those who don't play it for the fighting aspect. Hell I didn't even know there was a new one in CS2.

But in the end this really just comes down to money. You don't have to but the game if you don't want to, nobody's forcing anybody to, but do you honestly think not buying it is gonna make ArcSys change their minds about doing this? I don't. They're partially a business so they'll use whatever methods they have of getting money out of their consumers.

I'm perfectly aware of this. Why am I willing to pay? Because ArcSys makes games I like, and it'd be a shame to see them go bankrupt.
Not my point, you said CS was just new characters and rebalancing. It wasn't. The new system mechanics were why it had to be a new disc, there was no way around it and people were raging because "we're only getting 3 new characters". And you can't please everyone either way, there are tons of people out there who despise digital distribution and refuse to even get DLC.

And personally, I think CSE (or BBEX as the Japanese are abbreviating it) is just not feasible as a DLC, particularly with regards to size limits on the 360.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 03:11   Link #2266
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Not my point, you said CS was just new characters and rebalancing. It wasn't. The new system mechanics were why it had to be a new disc, there was no way around it and people were raging because "we're only getting 3 new characters". And you can't please everyone either way, there are tons of people out there who despise digital distribution and refuse to even get DLC.

And personally, I think CSE (or BBEX as the Japanese are abbreviating it) is just not feasible as a DLC, particularly with regards to size limits on the 360.

I was originally going to bring up these points as well but I figured it wouldn't have made much a difference to do so. But I do agree with you.

And those last 2 paragraphs weren't directed specifically at you mate, so it doesn't matter if it wasn't your point because I wasn't replying to what you said. I was speaking generally.
Old 2011-09-28, 04:54   Link #2267
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
But in the end all this whining really just comes down to money. You don't have to but the game if you don't want to, nobody's forcing anybody to, but do you honestly think not buying it is gonna make ArcSys change their minds about doing this? I don't. They're partially a business so they'll use whatever methods they have of getting money out of their consumers.
If they stop updating the old game, I'm forced to buy the new one if I want to play against people around the world.
Old 2011-09-28, 08:25   Link #2268
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Oh hey, so for once I made the right choice way back when I sold my Continuum Shift the moment I heard of this games existence. Not happy about it though, I don't want this to turn into Capcom, but it's the first time, so we shouldn't jump off the rails yet.
Look at it this way, they have to account for the people who didn't get the previous dlc, and it would be too complicated to do as separate dlc, it would have to be one package.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 08:33   Link #2269
Westlo
Lets be reality

How are ASW turning into Capcom when they were arguably worst than Capcom at doing this with Guilty Gear?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 10:57   Link #2270
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
How are ASW turning into Capcom when they were arguably worst than Capcom at doing this with Guilty Gear?
That wasn't really my point, but fair enough. Let's not have this turn into Guilty Gear then.
Old 2011-09-28, 12:07   Link #2271
Shadow5YA

Not sure what to think about that Noel music app. On one hand, a dancing Noel could be nice to see...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 12:25   Link #2272
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Let's see who's greedy, I will use points for each:

Street Fighter 4 series:
SF4: Vanilla, first game, disc
SSF4: News menus, characters from previous versions+ new ones, rebalance. requires new disc, replay channel. 4 points
SSF4AE: New characters, rebalance, (free) patch and disc, updated replay channel. 4 Points
SSF4AE2012: Rebalance, 1 point.
Total: 9 Points

Blazblue series:
CT: first game, blabla
CS: Disc, new characters (some DLC), rebalance, new menus, completely new story mode, new modes. 6 Points
CS2: Free rebalance patch, new character, new modes for PSP. 2 Points
CSEX: Disc, new character and ALL previous ones, new story modes, rebalance. 3 Points
Total: 11 Points

There you go.
Old 2011-09-28, 14:10   Link #2273
xBTAx

Didn't the SSF4>SFF4AE patch cost money? Or was it just to get the new characters?

Also, why does SSF4 only have 4 points while CS, a new game with a lot more new things, have 6 points?
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 17:15   Link #2274
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Didn't the SSF4>SFF4AE patch cost money? Or was it just to get the new characters?

Also, why does SSF4 only have 4 points while CS, a new game with a lot more new things, have 6 points?
Because I'm fair.

How come a new Interface isnt important? It's just aesthetics but counts.
SSF4 new mode were crap, how can you compare breaking a car with Legion mode, or Abyss mode?
Old 2011-09-28, 20:31   Link #2275
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Your point is confusing. Did you mean who has higher point is the greedier one?
Old 2011-09-28, 20:48   Link #2276
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Your point is confusing. Did you mean who has higher point is the greedier one?
I think his point was the one with the higher points has more value to their re-releases.
Old 2011-09-28, 21:21   Link #2277
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Not really hyped for BBCS extend. Don't really play BBCS anymore due to MvC3 and other games. With UMvC3, KOFXIII(Great game with good features packed in worth $50) and Gundam extreme vs around the corner. Don't see myself buying this with these fighters coming out.
Old 2011-09-28, 22:29   Link #2278
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

all I know is that we're getting another BB installment with a new character. Only one? Hmm...probably not.
Old 2011-09-28, 22:45   Link #2279
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah... dunno if i'm going to hop onto this train. from what i've seen, they're making /\ WORSE... just depends on the price i guess. if its reasonable (20 bucks? who are we kidding..) i'll buy it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 22:52   Link #2280
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah... dunno if i'm going to hop onto this train. from what i've seen, they're making /\ WORSE... just depends on the price i guess. if its reasonable (20 bucks? who are we kidding..) i'll buy it.
Balancing isn't my main concern (heck, I got through BBCS Rachel, why would I be afraid of anything else?), but the ability to play against people who don't buy the newest version, and if CT -> CS is in any indication, they are going to screw all the color pack I bought.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360