AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-11, 08:53   Link #101
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens
I live in the bay area California. The shop I frequent usually has good deals but recently on the more expensive PVC's and statutes he's been charging more if it's rare or popular or going to be a hot item. For gashapons, trading figures and all the other stuff he charges retail.

Luckly he gives me a 10 percent discount so basically that covers tax and then some.

I was going to get that Kosmos but I didn't like the transparent paint scheme they did other than that I thought it was perfect. As for GSC, Alter, and Clayz their really the only figure companies I'll buy from. I wish they made more statues though even though they over the 100 mark they tend to be the best. Like my Noir set from Yamato or the Newline NGE Misato.

I'm still debating on buying a box of the trading figures from GSC for fate stay. I heard from a friend who bought one that even though they are randomly packed that each box of 12 has one secret figure inside guranteed. And that you have a good chance of getting a full set of all 8.

dfens, I live in Bay Area California too. Are you talking about Cards and Comics Central, or (bonk, I forgot the name) the little shop in Japantown mall? Both in San Francisco.

If there's another place, could you please tell me the location, even if in PM? I've been looking for another place to go to. Thanks.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 12:25   Link #102
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Just got the Fate/hollow atraxia OST, really good opening song, i recommend this if you liked the F/SN OST, these are game OST's btw
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 02:38   Link #103
Kefit

Well damn.

The Saber plush was marked as discontinued at HLJ before my order was shipped out.

Oh well. I guess I will take solace in the knowledge that I can't have possibly been the only person that this happened to.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 02:59   Link #104
Equus

Hey Kefit, so you live over on that side of the lake huh? ^_^ I'm over in Seattle.

HLJ doesn't seem to go too deep in their stock sometimes. I remember ordering the Tatiana resin from Last Exile from them and practically having a heart attack when it went into backorder status the day after I placed my order. I sent them an email and they told me that they would be able to fill my order, so I'm guessing I was either one of the ones or THE ONE that made them run out of stock.

On a random note, the Clayz Tohsaka is now on it's way to me from HLJ. Yay! And I also put in a preorder to hopefully get in on the restock for the Kotobukiya Saber.

It all kinda makes me want to put get around to putting together the resin Saber I have, but I don't know if my motivation will last long enough to finish it. Heh.
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 08:43   Link #105
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit
The Saber plush was marked as discontinued at HLJ before my order was shipped out.
Don't worry. If your order went through the HLJ's system before they marked the item "discontinued" you'll get your Saber.
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 19:32   Link #106
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany
Don't worry. If your order went through the HLJ's system before they marked the item "discontinued" you'll get your Saber.
Uh, by discontinued you mean they'll never be making it anymore or they are out of stock? I guess you mean the former.. -sigh-
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 01:03   Link #107
Kefit

Discontinued as in HLJ is out of stock, and will not be recieving any more from the producer of the plush. However, it is always possible that they might decide to release it again at some point in the future.

My order is still in HLJ's system, and they responded to an email I sent asking about this situation by telling me that they still intend to follow through on my order if they find any feasible means of acquiring the product. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 03:00   Link #108
Equus

Yeah, HLJ is pretty good at taking a look at things to see if they're available for a while. I have also seen things go from discontinued to a restock status before, but I'm not sure how often that happens. I usually only follow resins there, and they are often VERY small production runs. I'm pretty sure they'll let you know when they actually cancel the order they have on file
Old 2006-02-15, 19:04   Link #109
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

HLJ seems to have a problem in their ordering system, I suspect that their stock status is updated manually. So you might get a scenario like:

100 items "In stock"
120 orders were taken before they had a chance to update the status to "Backordered". (Rather than saying "Out of Stock" when the 100th order was filled in an automatic system)
50 more orders were taken before they realize that the item was a one-time release (like the Saber plush doll), and changes the status to "Discontinued".

I had this happen to me once before. I ordered an item from them when it was shown to be "In Stock", and received a confirmation mail and all. But after a few days and the item didn't ship, I checked again and the item was "Discontinued". Eventually, I get an e-mail saying they couldn't locate stock on my item and the order was canceled.

In any case, it's not a problem most of the time, but for hot-sellers like the Saber plush (didn't I say so?), it's a bit of a gamble to order from HLJ.

Animaxis also carry limited release goods for series like Fate, I got my music box, mug set, and note binder all from them. They carried (note past tense) the plush as well. But their stocks usually gets obliterated in a blink.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 20:50   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
URL="http://www.animaxis.com/en/"]Animaxis[/URL] also carry limited release goods for series like Fate, I got my music box, mug set, and note binder all from them. They carried (note past tense) the plush as well. But their stocks usually gets obliterated in a blink.
Thanks for the link to the great online store Sushi - i'm sure to be having fun with it over the nexted few weeks. ^^
Old 2006-02-16, 03:43   Link #111
Equus

Yeah, I like Animaxis too. I haven't bought anything recently from them, but I like that they have some interesting character goods that are a little harder to find sometimes. I also like that they keep tempting me with emails showing off the new stuff they have upcoming. OK, that drives me up the wall sometimes because I end up wanting to spend more money, but oh well.
Old 2006-02-16, 04:28   Link #112
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

There are two arrange albums, done by CROW'SCLAW, a doujin music Artist. I've only got the first FSN/Melty Blood arrange album (十七分割), which is very well done, so I cant tell how the second one is, but if you guys like melodic~power metal arrangements, it might be for you. He's an excellent artist in my opinion Second album is Broken Phantasm.

http://www.crowsclaw.info/disco/

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 09:20   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've always wanted to get my hands on the Type-Moon HR/HM Arrange Album, ever since i seen the awesome front cover.

Do you know where i can order it from at all? I had a lil' look around.. but couldn't find anywhere that sell it.
Old 2006-02-16, 10:54   Link #114
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I've always wanted to get my hands on the Type-Moon HR/HM Arrange Album, ever since i seen the awesome front cover.

Do you know where i can order it from at all? I had a lil' look around.. but couldn't find anywhere that sell it.
I got it on eBay. It was just coincidence. You have to be lucky, if you search for doujin music on US (in my case GER) eBay. You can try to send an email to CROW'SCLAW and ask, if shipping is possible. Preludio (another doujin music artist) is friendly to foreigners and sends his stuff worldwide. I dont know, if CC agrees. Anyway, worth a try, isnt it?

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 12:12   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, thanks for the info'.

I'll probably try around on Ebay for a few weeks, you know go the easy way.. then if nothing happens i'll contact CC. Thanks again. ^^
Old 2006-02-20, 05:46   Link #116
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Just a very small fraction of the stuffs displayed on sale at WF Winter 06

And the upcoming figs for the rest of the year.....

1/6 Ilya in Bikini......This one's mine, that's confirmed.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 05:47   Link #117
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
I'd like to thank you everyone in this thread.

Now i have three "hetare" Saber plushies.
It's a dream come true.
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 06:04   Link #118
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Three of them? No wonder HLJ ran out of stock so fast.

Orochi: did they give a price estimate as to how much Dark Saber would cost?
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 09:12   Link #119
narakun

Just want to ask something.. is the first Dark Saber (Armor) rare? Found a place to get it :3 Just got my 1/6 Saber and ponder if i should buy it :s (expensive!)
narakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 09:31   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany
I'd like to thank you everyone in this thread.
http://fuuka-gakuen.net/hostedpics/sabers.jpg
Now i have three "hetare" Saber plushies.
It's a dream come true.
One of threm should have been mine.. damn you!

Fancy selling one? ^.^