AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 20:03   Link #61
King Golden

I liked this chapter a lot. InoShikaCho was really impressive, I loved that attack. Having Naruto and Sasuke size each other up was pretty cool(not to mention the little "my son finished my technique" quip from Minato). And that Sannin Redux shot at the end was nice.

Even Shino's effort was nice. I'd've liked to have seen more fights featuring him, he's pretty badass with his insect techniques.

But Kiba and Hinata.. eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Not sure about Sakura or Sasuke's but Naruto's is definitely a very grown up Gamakichi (boy's got himself a giant growth spurt especially since he was only human sized back when Naruto was learning Sage Mode).
Yeah, not sure but I don't think those're Katsuyu or Manda. But I definitely like that Naruto summoned Gamakichi there. Went from accidentally summoning him when he meant to summon 'Bunta to now using him as his primary summon.. I like that.

And in the span of 3 years or so(from the time of Naruto v Gaara), Gamakichi went from being able to fit in Naruto's hands to being Gamabunta sized... definitely a monster spurt lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I cannot help but laugh at Sai being smack down in the sky
Yeah, I thought that that was pretty funny too.

Everyone else is cleaning house, then Sai randomly appears only to get slapped out of the sky... Ahahaha
King Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 21:09   Link #62
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
At this point Hinata can't even do what Neji's done from part I as a genin. I really think her character is a waste and only around to have a crush on Naruto --which is also a waste because he likes Sakura. I think he should have kept Neji and killed Hinata instead, it would have made for a better death imo, and would have more of an impact drawing sympathy from the crowd considering her personality. Naruto should end up with Sakura the girl he always wanted, and perhaps Sasuke hooks up with Karin or something.
Normally, I like to stay far away from replies like this since how you feel about Hinata is your own business (the likes of which I've no delusions about trying to convince you or anyone else otherwise). But since this reply was in response to a post I made, I can't help but ask, how does this directly answer the question I posed?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 21:51   Link #63
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
With Minato's and Naruto's inverted Kyuubi mode design, I wonder what Naruto will look like when he gets the other half, which I kinda hoped would have happened already.
yeah i noted this earlier. i think it prolly doesnt have any real meaning other than to depict the yin and yang halves of kuramas chakra...its cool kishi included that little detail though...
it does make me wonder if there is an additional powerup for sasuke lurking somewheres around the battlefield...
Old 2013-06-06, 00:16   Link #64
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Now this is good to see everyone fightning, finally the kiba man beast transformation i thought i would never see the multi headed wolf after Kiba vs sakon in naruto,
too bad Gai's team is not complete, although i would have liked to see Lee and Ten Ten in there as well

it's very nice and refreshing to see their summons are different from respective their Sannin teachers, except for sakura it looks the same, but didn't sasuke got a new giant Hawk summon, may be he has two summons
Old 2013-06-06, 02:44   Link #65
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
except for sakura it looks the same,
It's a new one, since the old one is with Tsunade and other kages.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:22   Link #66
justavisitor

I don't like that snake summon from sasuke

I know they have to summon those 3 to represent their respective teachers, and of course the author references the old myth/legend/folktale to create the sannin in the first place

But still, can the author be a bit more bold and let sasuke summon the hawk instead? We have enough symbolism of team 7 representing sannin in the last chapter already

Furthermore, snake was almost a sign that sasuke was controlled by Oro. When itachi freed his brother from any influence of Oro, Sasuke immediately changed the summon to a giant hawk, which was supposed to be a symbol that Sasuke finally breaks free from Oro who always tries to control Sasuke ever since the curse in part 1. But now we are back to snake summon....

It's not a big deal anyway, just a little bit of thought
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:27   Link #67
Owlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Normally, I like to stay far away from replies like this since how you feel about Hinata is your own business (the likes of which I've no delusions about trying to convince you or anyone else otherwise). But since this reply was in response to a post I made, I can't help but ask, how does this directly answer the question I posed?
Your question obviously cannot be answered yet since theres currently no way to gauge her abilities to Neji's. Reading the question just made me think of Neji's wasted potential story-wise so I posted a quick opinion.

As for convincing or lack thereof, what is there to convince anyone of? You can stay far away from “posts like that” (which I assume are posts that aren't favorable to Hinata), but its the truth that Hinata's biggest contribution to the story is her romance with Naruto. Its my opinion that she should have been killed by Madara instead of Neji, but I think its also true that it would've made more of an impact because she is so nice and timid.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:32   Link #68
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

they have represented the sannin BUT

sakura = tsunade
naruto > jiraiya
sasuke > orochimaru

only naruto and sasuke have managed to surpass their predecessors

sakura somewhat tsunade younger version
Old 2013-06-06, 09:34   Link #69
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm sure that it's not possible for a summon to refuse.
What would be the point in making a contract in the first place, if it was possible to break it so easily? And since the Ninjas usually (not always) summon their summons in the midst of battle, refusing would most likely result in certain death of the summoner.
And in this case, it'd be a contradiction between two contractors. Who gets priority? The one that summoned first is clearly in a much more grave life or death situation, but until summoned they wouldn't be able to know.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:45   Link #70
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
sakura somewhat tsunade younger version
We don't know this. Since Sakura still hasn't released her seal. She could also have a slug sage mode. I think she is now on pair of Tsunade, maybe a little stronger. But if she shows new things, then she will surpass Tsunade for certainly.
Old 2013-06-06, 14:27   Link #71
sayde

Quote:
Your question obviously cannot be answered yet since theres currently no way to gauge her abilities to Neji's.
The question I posed doesn't ask for official answers. It was only intended to invite opinions and speculative based responses *on the issue*.

Quote:
As for convincing or lack thereof, what is there to convince anyone of? You can stay far away from “posts like that” (which I assume are posts that aren't favorable to Hinata), but its the truth that Hinata's biggest contribution to the story is her romance with Naruto.
"Posts like that" refers to any post that expresses dislike towards any character. (It doesn't just have to be Hinata.) I find engaging in such discussion vexes me rather quickly. Therefore, I try to stay away from it. Though admittedly, the keyword is "try".

So if that's how you honestly feel about Hinata, then fine. So be it.

Quote:
Its my opinion that she should have been killed by Madara instead of Neji, but I think its also true that it would've made more of an impact because she is so nice and timid.
Well, I'm relieved to see a completed boring genius-type character like Neji get killed off before Hinata. But hey, that's also just my opinion. Say what you will about Hinata's character and how little she actually contributes to the plot, but the romantic aspect she represents has at least lead to pulling Naruto through some pretty tight spots at some very clutch and pivotal moments--which is more than I can say in comparison to anything Neji's done in part 2. So while her contributions may have been few and far in between, at least they're noticeable.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-06-06 at 14:47.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:50   Link #72
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:

Well, I'm relieved to see a completed boring genius-type character like Neji get killed off before Hinata. But hey, that's also just my opinion. Say what you will about Hinata's character and how little she actually contributes to the plot, but the romantic aspect she represents has lead to pulling Naruto through some pretty tight spots at some very clutch and pivotal moments--which is more than I can say in comparison to anything Neji's done in part 2. So while her contributions may have been few and far in between, at least they're noticeable.
I have to agree with this. I would of killed Neji in a second over Hinata. Neji's role in the manga ended after Part 1. His story arc was completed. He was a measuring stick character for Part 1 Naruto. Like Tien in DBZ. And once Naruto surpassed him, his pontential was limited. He was never going to be as powerful as Naruto, Sasuke, or even Sakura. There is nothing worse than being a character who was once presented as great, but thanks to the rising power curve, is now back with the pack.

Even Shikamaru surpassed him as the genius/leader of the non-Naruto/Sasuke Konoha gang. So there was no real role for Neji. So Kishi gave him one last act of importance. His death. Unfortunately, it didn't have a major impact since Neji had lost a lot of his popularity by then. Even Hinata thinks more about Naruto than Neji's sacrifice.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 15:03   Link #73
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
sasuke > orochimaru
I'm reluctant to fully accept this idea right now. It's undoubtedly true, but Orochimaru just keeps coming back, and I can't see his constant return to be an indicator of weakness or being lesser than the top shinobi on the field currently.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 15:50   Link #74
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
But still, can the author be a bit more bold and let sasuke summon the hawk instead?
Can't you wait a few chapters (or maybe just one) for the real action to begin?
That hawk might be used for an aerial surprise attack later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Furthermore, snake was almost a sign that sasuke was controlled by Oro. When itachi freed his brother from any influence of Oro, Sasuke immediately changed the summon to a giant hawk, which was supposed to be a symbol that Sasuke finally breaks free from Oro who always tries to control Sasuke ever since the curse in part 1. But now we are back to snake summon....
It's not like because the "symbolism" Sasuke lost his knowledge and abilities that he was learning for 3 long years. He's the type of guy who can gather a lot of jutsu, unlike Naruto. He didn't summon the hawk immedately, the first hawk seen was just a random hawk flying around, it was so random that there were a lot of funny fan-made pictures at the time making jokes about the random hawk
He summoned the hawk much later, and even then Tobito had no clue that he gained that ability. Just like Orochimaru didn't have a clue about Sasuke having such a high level lightning element manipulation ability, it's Kishimoto's way to tell us that he was always meant to be a "genius".
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 17:08   Link #75
Owlman

Quote:
The question I posed doesn't ask for official answers. It was only intended to invite opinions and speculative based responses *on the issue*.
Uh, Yeah, I realized that, as I said the question made me think about it so I just gave my opinion on it anyway. Branch discussions happen all the time in discussion forums...

Quote:
Well, I'm relieved to see a completed boring genius-type character like Neji get killed off before Hinata. But hey, that's also just my opinion. Say what you will about Hinata's character and how little she actually contributes to the plot, but the romantic aspect she represents has at least lead to pulling Naruto through some pretty tight spots at some very clutch and pivotal moments--which is more than I can say in comparison to anything Neji's done in part 2. So while her contributions may have been few and far in between, at least they're noticeable.
Meh. I think Naruto's will would have pulled him through for any of his close friends, thats just the type of person he is, whether he is romantically interested in the character or not, though he obviously he has the strongest bonds with Sakura and Sasuke.

Her part II contributions are more significant than Neji's, though tbh her most important contribution is arguably getting killed by Pein and making Naruto mad. It really wouldn't take much to top that, so its quite obvious Kishimoto simply lost interest in writing about Neji and most of the 12 a very long time ago... Oh well. I just think her weak/timid character is stereotypical and cliché so to me it gets annoying and old pretty quickly. And, I don't see what there is to get vexed over?

Anyway, hopefully Hinata or her sister may be able to show us something cool before the manga ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm reluctant to fully accept this idea right now. It's undoubtedly true, but Orochimaru just keeps coming back, and I can't see his constant return to be an indicator of weakness or being lesser than the top shinobi on the field currently.
Its interesting because most people don't see that way, instead concentrating on him being repeatedly killed instead of repeatedly coming back. I guess it can be seen both ways, but it would sure be nice to really see him show his full power the way Jiraiya and Tsunade did.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 17:48   Link #76
itachi-san314

Quote:
Its interesting because most people don't see that way, instead concentrating on him being repeatedly killed instead of repeatedly coming back. I guess it can be seen both ways, but it would sure be nice to really see him show his full power the way Jiraiya and Tsunade did.
yea i'm in the minority there too. i always thought orochimaru is highly underestimated and will outlast all the other villains. he's pretty much always been handicapped since his fight with hiruzen. now we can see him unleash his full power and then some with the part 2 upgrades. much like the senju bros were enhanced via retcon, orochimaru deserves the same boost and like always, he will eventually lose, but never quite fully die
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 19:29   Link #77
james0246

Quote:
If Orochimaru were simply defeated time and again, I'd agree with you. But he's killed and then killed again only to come back for more, generally stronger each time. I'm simply unsure where Orochimaru should be placed in regards to other shinobi.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:20   Link #78
Midnight Commander

I think Oro is a very interesting character, even when talked about on forums. Generally, people either love him or hate him: they either think he's very strong, or a complete joke at this point. I'm of the former camp, and its been very annoying to never get a chance to see him really showcase his potential, when everyone from Kakashi, to Sasuke to even Hashirama praises him one way or another. He was fabled to have known a vast amount of jutsu and I'd imagine his chakra reserves are probably quite substantial.

It would really be interesting to see Orochimaru's reaction to Tsunade's condition, whether she's dead or not. Interactions like these seem to be lacking in this story. For example, I would have loved to have read more interaction between Naruto and Sasuke; they rarely saw/spoke to each other at all throughout part II, which can make certain plot developments seem contrived and a bit clumsy later on.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 23:30   Link #79
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

after all those years attempting to possess a fledgling uchiha body, orochimaru with his new zetsu body only needs a good pair of uchiha eyes....and sasukes originals are likely conveniently stashed away at the hideout. he did originally plan to discover all jutsu and with a rinnegan he could do just that.

unless he really is a good guy now and is currently in a reunion with tsunade...
Old 2013-06-07, 07:16   Link #80
Monster0

Orochimaru is the best ,he'll have you guessing til the last minute.Even when he's been beaten in battle you wonder if it was just part of his plan.Does he even have a plan,you never know til it's too late.I'll bet the last chapter of this Manga that Orochimaru is still around,at the very least you can't be sure if he is or isn't.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion