AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-04-04, 20:31   Link #21
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^ahaha, that giant hammer~

Funny thing is, creating things out of ice doesn't require much or even any power. Should've just create strong density something and remove the spirits from it altogether. When it's destroyed, no feedback, right?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 01:50   Link #22
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

sooooo, did he fuck(kill) the bitch princess?
Old 2016-04-05, 01:51   Link #23
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

All the talk of how much of an idiot the MC is really makes me hesitate about reading this...
Old 2016-04-05, 01:58   Link #24
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

well, i think its good being idiot than hetare.... so did he finish the princess already?
Old 2016-04-05, 02:00   Link #25
sasuke706

It's because he's basically a clown.
His battle style is, according to him, the type that attacks the boss from the boss room door.
He basically gets the surprise initiative and finishes it in one hit a good deal of the time.

Because of this, an adventurer wrecks his shit in hopes of him actually getting motivated.
Thanks to that, he learned one new spell but went right back to normal mode after.
It's not as comedic as other series (like a gag series or something), but the protagonist's involvement in problems often makes the problems not seem nearly as serious as they were before he showed up.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 02:04   Link #26
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^^^^^It's not like he's an "idiot", more like the author is limiting his intelligence at times so he's not Saikyou

It's like if you were talking about Telekinesis. If you are "smart" you can control sub-atomic particles to synthesize atomic bomb or something. But then the story would be over.
Old 2016-04-05, 02:06   Link #27
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

ne ne ne, did he kill the bitch already...
Old 2016-04-05, 02:07   Link #28
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^^^^^^It's not like he's an "idiot", more like the author is limiting his intelligence at times so he's not Saikyou

It's like if you were talking about Telekinesis. If you are "smart" you can control sub-atomic particles to synthesize atomic bomb or something. But then the story would be over.
While I agree the author's limiting his intellect to not find an infinite power shot or something, he's still an idiot.
Like not applying the same concept to different uses.
For example, turning his Reactive Ice Armor into automatic traps on the ground.

Not to mention he keeps hitting nobles and getting away with it when it's supposed to be a bad idea and everyone keeps telling him it's a bad idea.

Ruki, I already answered your question in like my first post in the thread.
Old 2016-04-05, 02:19   Link #29
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yeap, he shares similar traits to Velt from Nagaikoto. Many similarities actually.

Velt's fuwafuwa power has limitless possibility, and even slight improvement from his current power would be tremendous.

But just like Nagaikoto, those "power-ups" are being reserved for later. Not because the author is stupid, but to keep it interesting.

Kanna that doesn't pick a fight with nobles is not Kanna lol~
And they became rivals because of that anyway~
Old 2016-04-05, 02:36   Link #30
sasuke706

Quote:
Not because the author is stupid, but to keep it interesting.
I'm not saying the author is stupid, but Kanna himself.
When he lost the fight to the adventurer, the comments kinda exploded and the author's replies to most of the reader thoughts about Kanna's ability (why didn't he ***, etc) is that Kanna is a dumb.

I know it's to keep it interesting and I actually prefer that, it's just at times he seems slightly unrealistically unmotivated about his powers to do new things.
He can basically input a script/batch file into his ice and all he does with that amazing ability is use it for armor.

But yeah, Kanna who doesn't suplex random arrogant nobles on the street isn't Kanna.

Edit: Oh yeah. His mentality shows in his lessons with Wolfgirl too.
Like how he taught her to run electricity through her blade to make it cut through things like butter, except the knife gets too hot to hold after a few moments and he doesn't have a solution for it.
So Wolfy's solution is to just activate her magic for the moment she attacks. That's "Kanna Quality".

Last edited by sasuke706; 2016-04-05 at 02:59.
Old 2016-04-05, 07:01   Link #31
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Kanna Quality lol~ Always have flaws~

Btw, I like how his relationship with main heroine is damaged because she caught him snusnu Chloe. In other harem novels, the affection of heroines toward the MC just keeps rising like brainwashed slaves (Like Death March). Also heroines here have their own lives and not only becoming MC's flunkies like usual harem.
Old 2016-04-05, 07:14   Link #32
sasuke706

Oh yeah, that's definitely a big plus. I do really like the town feel and how the heroines have their own lives.
The Chloe sleeping didn't actually seem to hurt their relationship all that much, really. I mean, it clearly wasn't regarded as a good thing, but they still both went from kinda hoping for a relationship but not trying for it, to still that from what I could see.
Besides, it's not like Chloe and him are even going out; it was just a repaying him kind of thing, and the author even put in a little note afterwards that Chloe doesn't even romantically love him yet.
Their status is like literally sexfriends at current with maybe Chloe hoping Kanna becomes her future master (because ninjas/駄犬 needs masters or whatever).

The relationships are surprisingly complicated for a series like this.
Granted the protagonist doesn't seem to be seriously considering a relationship since he's trying to go home.
He is trying, right...? What with all the food tours and all...
Old 2016-04-05, 07:24   Link #33
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Lol~ His boukensha achievements are basically edible monsters
But thank god he doesn't cook it himself and just bring the meat to a restaurant. So no bullshit cooking section~

Chloe's romantic feeling for him is growing slowly but surely. The first time was indeed repaying a favor, and she's not immediately become his worshipper. The relationship here is really nice, I like it~

You don't really think he's going home, right?
Old 2016-04-05, 09:00   Link #34
Corvo269

Quote:
In other harem novels, the affection of heroines toward the MC just keeps rising like brainwashed slaves (Like Death March). Also heroines here have their own lives and not only becoming MC's flunkies like usual harem.
In Death March's defense. Satou and his aliases are basically idols/gods to the general population. Look at Zeus and the shit he got away with
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 09:27   Link #35
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
In Death March's defense. Satou and his aliases are basically idols/gods to the general population. Look at Zeus and the shit he got away with
He didn't. Hera was taking revange rightt and left whenever she found out about anything. And the people just did not have any means to take revange.
For sleeping with Metis he even got his head cleaved open (well he deserved this, even though it wasn't a revange) and our beloved Athena poped out fully armed and grown up.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 09:29   Link #36
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^And the shit Satou did was just fucking whores, nobody fucking cares

lol at Chloe being more popular than main heroine~
Old 2016-04-06, 12:30   Link #37
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Talking

Hinyuu = Enemies
Kyonyuu = Allies

Wow, he installed a thick icicle into that rapist' ass
Divine Punishment~
Old 2016-04-06, 12:58   Link #38
obnuchious

is the icicle smooth or ragged/spiked?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 19:11   Link #39
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^

The ones who are choroi to MC are all pettan. LoL. It's like Death March Satou and Hayato.
Old 2016-04-07, 00:01   Link #40
obnuchious

so the usual crystal style . . . would had been better if it were the ragged/jagged type . . . though since it's made out of ice, that's painful enough already . . .

had there been any description on how cold his ice magic is?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem, heroes summoning, ice manipulation, princess heroines