AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 46.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 18.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-11, 09:28   Link #41
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I still think his voice dont fits his sitting pose =_=
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-12-11, 13:01   Link #42
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster Priest View Post
I'm rather worried at the ominous "37 episodes" statement... is that set in stone? The series is 12 books or so long, and at about 4 eps a volume... how can one compress ~48 down to 37? I realize a lot of people don't like the ending (fools, I say! well, ok, maybe not...)... but when has changing the ending of a manga series actually turned out well?
Three words:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-11, 13:18   Link #43
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
I still think his voice dont fits his sitting pose =_=
Hmm, no ?

I found the lazy and monotone voice quite fitting his character, but I can't recall of any other better VA.
Old 2006-12-11, 14:12   Link #44
Trickster Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Three words:
Spoiler:
A very good point! I haven't seen it... will have to add that to my 'hit list' though from the sounds of things.
Old 2006-12-13, 08:15   Link #45
Darashinai
R.Y.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenW View Post
And lastly
Spoiler for regarding the deaths in this episode:
Not literally (haha, in terms of animated stories...), since Light has people dropping dead at all times due to the scheduling factor of the Note. We just don't have to hear about it this episode.

Which is the only reason why I don't have much of anything sarcastic to say about it. XD

Anyways, I bet L doesn't get the chance to move that fast regularly. It was strange seeing him so...ahem...animated.
Old 2006-12-14, 00:25   Link #46
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now that I actually had time to watch this episode, the preview leaves me wondering if they're going to introduce a new character. I've been dying to hear Hirano Aya since the beginning of the show, but then forgot till now that her character doesn't appear till quite aways into the story. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-12-14, 11:17   Link #47
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Well, I'll say for one thing that the show is really following the manga to a "T". I'm reading the manga as well and man talk about "not a quick read". So much stuff. Lots of talking. Didn't think I would care so much about this show but now I'm hooked.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2006-12-15, 09:07   Link #48
CherryMartini

Red face

This is my first time here at Animesuki.
and well, I've read all of Death Note in Manga, and watching Death Note Anime is so much better, because while you read manga, you also have to think and try to understand thing that L and Light are thinking, it's kind of tired for me.
Plus, Light is so handsome,
Old 2006-12-15, 09:34   Link #49
chrno

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryMartini View Post
This is my first time here at Animesuki.
and well, I've read all of Death Note in Manga, and watching Death Note Anime is so much better, because while you read manga, you also have to think and try to understand thing that L and Light are thinking, it's kind of tired for me.
Plus, Light is so handsome,
Hahahaha!!!! Well, if you're like that nerdy girl then you'd think 'L' was handsome. Hahahahaha!!! Actually, I like 'L' because he's so "odd". I have this feeling that he might be a take off the author himself/herself. I'm wondering if the author is a woman. I just get that "feeling". But again, can't just judge by that.

But yeah, the manga takes quite a bit of work. There is SOOOOOOOO much to read. Considering the book isn't as big in page count as say, 'Berserk' or 'Buddha'. Yet you find yourself reading forever. 'Death Note' is not a book you can speed through. I was about 1/4 of the way to the end and still couldn't get through that fast enough. I had to stand in the subway terminal today and finish the last half. I know that sounds silly, but the reason I'm reading through them is,

1) I'm comparing the anime -vs- comic.
2) Plus, I have to get them into "circulation" for our new *book display* at the art college library where I work.

*Learned a valuable lesson to take manga and anime shows of the same title hand in hand. Choosing which order to watch and read them, so it won't disrupt my thought patterns for whatever expectations.

Hell, I'm the one that pushed to get that title in here for our "manga" collection. Based on my own research and student requests.

But it's surprising that most of the dialogue is taken directly from manga. It's like going over it twice. I guess if you've read the manga then you'd could judge whether the fansub group is doing their job. Heh heh. I guess while they were directing they made sure not to butcher it or fans would be cursing them out. But then again we have to wait and see what they do. It's still early, and with 37 ep. in the works, anything could change before viewers get to the end.

I'm curious to see what happens to 'Light' and 'L' later on.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-12-16 at 13:41.
Old 2006-12-15, 20:48   Link #50
CherryMartini

Quote:
Originally Posted By chrno
Hahahaha!!!! Well, if you're like that nerdy girl then you'd think 'L' was handsome. Hahahahaha!!! Actually, I like 'L' because he's so "odd". I have this feeling that he might be a take off the author himself/herself. I'm wondering if the author is a woman. I just get that "feeling". But again, can't just judge by that
Lots of girls I know like Light, because he is good looking and extremely a bad guy. I know that sounds weird, but that's the way it is. . Also L is so popular with his peculiar personality. The way he sits, the way he grabs the phone as it is something poisoned or dangerous, or the fact that he seems to be addicted to all kind of desserts, they all make him .. ummm really strange.

Last edited by CherryMartini; 2006-12-15 at 22:23. Reason: putting a little bit of these and that ~
Old 2006-12-16, 13:47   Link #51
chrno

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryMartini View Post
Lots of girls I know like Light, because he is good looking and extremely a bad guy. I know that sounds weird, but that's the way it is. . Also L is so popular with his peculiar personality. The way he sits, the way he grabs the phone as it is something poisoned or dangerous, or the fact that he seems to be addicted to all kind of desserts, they all make him .. ummm really strange.
Nope I totally understand that. They always like the bad boys! Hahaha
Well, they can have them. I'll take the "oddballs". Heheheh!!! Wait till the rest of the cast shows up. It's going to get crazy. Of course, I'm already anticipating the airhead girl to show up. I've already started vol. 4 of the manga and she's a mess. So now it's time to watch ep. 11. I'll see folks there.

Closed Thread