AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 23:01   Link #421
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

It's not just you Personally, I find that she has Azusa's appearance and Yui's tendencies from the trailers and PVs seen insofar.
Old 2013-01-09, 23:05   Link #422
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Rewatched the OP as few times and I really dig it. It reminds me of those energetic and optimistic disney musical openings, partly due to that tophat and drumsticks and partly due to the choice of music used and the vibrant colors. The ED though is zzzzz.

Depending on where the direction goes, this might actually classify as "family entertainment" as the staff stated if they actually restrain itself from indulging in too much cute girls doing cute things but includes more of the bird and the interactions by the different shop-owners in the Tamako Market. And also hoping for another thing. Please don't turn it into a melodrama towards the end when the bird eventually leaves. Too much anime seem to lean towards making lighthearted shows turn unnecessarily overdramatic towards the end of its run. Chuunibyou was a classic recent example of that.

I forsee shiploads of plushies and merchandise in that bird's future... but I don't mind. I might even get one myself
I have no idea those are addicting for the staffs. Guess I underestimate how much moe-culture seems to influence Kyoani lately.

I like the ED better than the OP though.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 23:12   Link #423
thelok

I like the ED and OP but I like the ED much more.
thelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 23:15   Link #424
Dr. Casey

K-On Season 3 Tamako Market is off to a good start. Tamako herself is wonderfully charismatic (She looks really snazzy in that top hat in the opening song, she should glue it to the top of her head so it never comes off imo), and the series has a lot of energy and charm to it. The opening and ending themes were both nice. I liked the cute bit in the opening scene where Tamako dances with her younger sister, who shines with the kind of adoration and hero worship that younger siblings often do whenever they have an older sibling much older than them (assuming they're fun and friendly like Tamako is, anyway).

Also, I didn't get that the bird's original made-up name was a pun until well over halfway through the episode. I am slow.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 23:26   Link #425
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I have no idea those are addicting for the staffs. Guess I underestimate how much moe-culture seems to influence Kyoani lately.
There's been no such things in the interviews/dialogues I've read and/or translated. I believe you may have mis-read Pocari's post in which they state Yamada/Yoshida is trying for "family entertainment" (which I honestly can't remember reading, but I've worked on a lot of things lately) prior to Pocari's statement about hoping the staff restrains itself on "moe" (whatever that is referring to).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 23:39   Link #426
desrtsku
Nympholept

I'm satisfied, though I can't tell the reason because I might get arrested for it.
Old 2013-01-09, 23:42   Link #427
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I remember reading somewhere (think it was the Kyoani thread) that the staff are aiming to be more "family friendly" in their future projects.

The "restrain on moe" is my personal comment, nothing noted by the staff. Just something that I feel Kyoani over-indulges on to the point it sometimes becomes cringe-worthy if you're not into that kind of stuff. I'm talking about reliance on excessive antics, slapstick comedy or the next cute marketed catchphrase. I hardly felt that in Hyouka (vast majority of it was in Chitanda and the "Kimi ni Arimasu"), I felt it in flying in colours in Chuunibyou and I'm feeling about half and half from this pilot episode. However, I also felt a family friendly vibe with a dash of Cardcaptor Sakura from this which was nostalgic and pleasant. Hopefully the latter will keep up, and given Kyoani's general good track record when it comes to consistency (not necessarily quality) I'm optimistic this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I'm satisfied, though I can't tell the reason because I might get arrested for it.
Lemme guess... MC's imouto?

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2013-01-10 at 05:31.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 23:58   Link #428
eguchi

This show is to terminate in 12 stories?
eguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 00:19   Link #429
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

That was a pretty fun start to the show. I wish I could sneeze on a bird as awesome as that!

I...don't know if I should've felt sorry for all of them failing to give Tamako presents though. Wonder how many times that makes it for them.
Especially Michizou...keeping past presents in a drawer?!
Old 2013-01-10, 00:29   Link #430
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I remember reading somewhere (think it was the Kyoani thread) that the staff are aiming to be more "family friendly" in their future projects.
That's more like speculation based on what they've been putting out. K-On! has proven to be an accesible show in such a way, and Nichijou and Hyouka really feel family friendly. I can't say the same for Chuu2, it's more otaku oriented.

Anyway, Tamako Market 1 has some of the nicest animation I've seen lately from Kyoani shows. The mochi making scenes were awesome, Tamako throwing the bird out of the shop was awesome, and the whole intro before the op was amazing.

I'm not yet entirely sold on the content of the show or on the characters, but the bird has an interesting personality. I also like Tamako, she is a really balanced character; she has that "airhead" trait but it's not exaggerated at all, she actually feels like a normal air-headed person would feel, instead of the anime conception of an airhead. When the interviews were commenting on Tamako loving everyone and all that jazz , I was expecting something much more emphasized to the point of being unrealistic, but it didn't come off that way at all. There were moments when she was actually annoyed by things!

All in all, the episode surpassed my expectations broadly on the technical department, but felt just a bit underwhelming compared to the hype. I liked it though, and I trust in Yamada to make each episode better than the rest.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 00:46   Link #431
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

after watching the first episode. I dunno what to think about the story how will this go on when I saw the ending of the episode(searching for a bride for his "Prince" plot) with that bird I can say he's interesting, but he annoys me a bit, I think he needs to grow on me a little more. Characters are good well done and written.

I felt it was good episode, cute funny, but not nothing really special yet.

Tamako Market Ep.1 - 7/10
Old 2013-01-10, 01:53   Link #432
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i didnt find it very compelling but it had its moments that had me chuckle, i also found it extremely similar to wooser sono higurashi, wooser and the parrot even sound conpicuously similar.
Old 2013-01-10, 02:04   Link #433
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
I haven't watched Wooser sono Higurashi, so I wouldn't know. Do you think it's a copying from that anime concept with the bird? Since it's pretty much the bird that is the focus here.
Old 2013-01-10, 02:44   Link #434
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Mochiyucky is such a boss.
Old 2013-01-10, 02:57   Link #435
Kakkou
Tch.

Dat fabulous bird. This was actually rather nice. I went in expecting to stay for the bird and that's exactly what happened. Found it really amusing how Dera somehow changed his speech style by the end of the ep. Did he hang around Mochizou too much? Everyone one else who doesn't have feathers was still pleasant to watch but I'm really glad Dera seems to have as much focus (if not more, hopefully more) as Tamako and her friends, because I can't see myself finding the latter interesting enough to stick around. So based on episode 1 I'd say my reasons for watching Tamako Market would be broken down to: 90% Dera, 5% Mochizou, 4% Everyone else, 1% Etc.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:06   Link #436
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Aha, so the prince has shown his face. Mochizou better start acting quick before he shows up. Though calling her dad otousan is a start.

And for some reason, I find the OP where Tamako and Mochizou high fiving endearing. It just looks so darn cute. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:08   Link #437
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

*takes the Kitashirakawa sisters home*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:12   Link #438
Kyuu
=^^=

Haven't watched this just yet -- but I"m hot for that blonde version of Mio (K-ON).
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:37   Link #439
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Watched the first eps, the animation is nice as always, but the show itself has a little bit too much laid back and atmosphere is too tame. It feels like Tari Tari and Tamayura, a true slice of life show that soothes but tones down the comedy. I got nothing against these type of shows, I actually like what they are about and always plan to watch them but I can never find enough enjoyment while watching to get enough drive to finish them.

I love Kyoani but this is just too far removed from the insanity and fun of Haruhi or the drama and mysteriousness of Air, probably the first Kyoani show I'll drop.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:52   Link #440
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Watched the first eps, the animation is nice as always, but the show itself has a little bit too much laid back and atmosphere is too tame. It feels like Tari Tari and Tamayura, a true slice of life show that soothes but tones down the comedy. I got nothing against these type of shows, I actually like what they are about and always plan to watch them but I can never find enough enjoyment while watching to get enough drive to finish them.

I love Kyoani but this is just too far removed from the insanity and fun of Haruhi or the drama and mysteriousness of Air, probably the first Kyoani show I'll drop.
Eh, this feels very little like Tari Tari, Tamayura, Natuiro Kiseki etc. These three had drama as a major element from the getgo (not all dramas are of the melodramatic types like Key, Anohana, Kokoro Connect etc). The first episode of Tamako Market had no drama vibes whatsoever, and felt more like a "pure slice of life" to me much in the rein of K-on and Working but has the twist of eccentricity due to that talking bird, which for me is the prime attraction of the series. At least for now, the show isn't all about cute girls doing cute things, it just has cute girls in it.

However, more eps of Tamako Market needs to be aired to confirm as it may change later down the track.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen