Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-15, 22:06   Link #61
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by krytyk View Post
Actually I gave some thought to the meaning of volume 3 title.

Haya aside, who is mentioned in the japanese teaser (to be exact its said that Taiga is forced to do work for her because he used her arclights without permission).

Cerulean Requiem, cerulean refers to colours between blue and cyan, in other words it refers to their sky blue eyes, requiem is, as you might know a type of songs that are being played during the funerals, and it means "rest" as in eternal rest.

As such I think the volume is likely to be focused on Taiga's problem, him being tormented by the guilt on the matter of his parents. And we might get a lick of his past.
Or maybe he will have a chance encounter an old acquaintance from the time he was still a Renjou just like how Fuyuki and Shio had in vol 2?
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 12:36   Link #62
silenceblade

There is one thing I am still lost on about this light novel. They said that the two are runaway but runaway are suppose to be return to their family by the police once found and of course they can't go to school or have jobs unless they are 18. It is because they are emancipated, disowned their adoptive families, or in the story 15 years old are consider adults?
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 16:59   Link #63
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
There is one thing I am still lost on about this light novel. They said that the two are runaway but runaway are suppose to be return to their family by the police once found and of course they can't go to school or have jobs unless they are 18. It is because they are emancipated, disowned their adoptive families, or in the story 15 years old are consider adults?
It might have something to do with the older brother having combat strength equivalent to an army and therefore impossible to take captive, or the little sister used uber hacking to cover their tracks.
Old 2014-06-25, 17:36   Link #64
Hiyono

They don't seem to be "runaways" in the traditional sense; more that they've left their families and burned some bridges in the process.
Old 2014-06-25, 18:18   Link #65
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I remember reading the first volume a while back. Reminds me of a mix of SAO and 1/2 Prince with a dash of Mahouka?

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 19:45   Link #66
krytyk
幻想生物

Quote:
Fuyuki (the little sister) messed a bit in the family register right before she ran away, the effect was that she erased herself and her brother from their respective families.

I believe that in Japan teenagers are allowed to live alone under limited circumstances, it might be that kind of situation.

Though she could've written practically whatever she wanted in the database after hacking it as well.
krytyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 22:15   Link #67
silenceblade

I think I understand now. The siblings waited until they were old enough to reverse their adoption returning their family register back to Tenryo (dead parents, brother, and sister). So they aren't connected to their adoptive families anymore. However those families are quite powerful and could still cause them trouble.
Old 2014-06-25, 22:38   Link #68
krytyk
幻想生物

Might as well translate the official teaser for volume 3.
Spoiler:

There.
Old 2014-06-26, 01:27   Link #69
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I think I understand now. The siblings waited until they were old enough to reverse their adoption returning their family register back to Tenryo (dead parents, brother, and sister). So they aren't connected to their adoptive families anymore. However those families are quite powerful and could still cause them trouble.
They could try. Taiga beat the shit out of 80% of his clan barehanded while they were using anti-armor laser guns. And swords, which are probably even more dangerous

And Fuyuki appears to have completely overwhelmed and outmaneuvered her "family" with little effort.
Old 2014-06-27, 18:33   Link #70
silenceblade

I have problems with the male main character. His main weapon is a nodachi but they aren't suppose to be used like that. Personally I feel his sword should be classify as a Tachi considering his close range fighting style (Katana and Uchigatana are draw from the belt while he draw his sword by hand or by back). His sword also might actually be from Tenryo considering the name and how important it is to him. Also when will the sibling visit their parents graves i doubt they were able to being imprisoned.

In-addition how would you rate his intelligence? Considering he never received education for eight years, had almost no time to study, and that he live in non-cyber environment he is doing amazing well to get average grades in the high class cyber department that focuses mainly on application rather than his strong memorization skills. Although lower than people like his sister I would estimate his intelligence to be around Rui's level if he has access to his full potential (maybe more if he master his time slowing ability). But really Rui abilities are way too high, being a genius from studies, fighting and everything else how can a character even like that exist without sacrifice or training.

Last edited by silenceblade; 2014-07-17 at 23:13.
Old 2014-07-04, 12:11   Link #71
krytyk
幻想生物

Vol 3 cover came out today.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-04, 16:03   Link #72
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Volume two was interesting. I wonder who this antagonist is. There's not enough info to predict the tropes yet for backstory. ;P

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 12:40   Link #73
krytyk
幻想生物

It appears like Rui is getting another colour illustration.
Spoiler:

Why must she be so cute. Damn it.
- All my translations have been moved from Baka-Tsuki to http://krytykal.org -
Old 2014-07-25, 13:47   Link #74
krytyk
幻想生物

Volume 3 came out today, I'll upload the illustrations... when the raws are out, TL will start soon™ after antimagic v4 finishes (35% of last chapter done). Btw, there's a lewd colour spread for haya and colour spread with girls in swimsuits, yaay.
Old 2014-07-26, 01:41   Link #75
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
It appears like Rui is getting another colour illustration.
Spoiler:

Why must she be so cute. Damn it.
I'm shipping these two.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 19:24   Link #76
silenceblade

I wonder what kind of subjects did Fuyuki and Tagia learned? Well for Fuyuki is obviously all general subject such as (Math, English, Literary, Computer, Science, Art, Music) but Tagia is hard to imagine. Beside military training I believe he learned History, Geography, Foreign Languages, Medicine, Other Countries, Law, and weaponry but it is hard to imagine. He seem really smart but it hard to grasp military education. Also Fuyuki close friends don't seem to know her that well. Rui and Shio didn't understand Fuyuki's family situation at all despite how supiouous about her adoption was when there was various hints. Well to be honest only really close people like Taiga could understand.

Last edited by silenceblade; 2014-08-03 at 17:43.
Old 2014-07-31, 11:06   Link #77
krytyk
幻想生物

Fumu fumu, got myself a copy of elysion today. The volume's focus is Haya and Iora. Lots of stuff happening and the illustrations are all awesome, especially one with badass Iora~

There are few illustrations of other girls, but also there's unexpectedly much illustrations of Haya/Iora (well they are the focus this time), which makes me happy since in previous volumes they didn't get that many visual references.

@silenceblade: Fuyuki learned math and programming, plus what she learned before being adopted, Taiga didn't learn anything as he didn't go to ANY school at all after being adopted. Though I'd guess they had him learn languages and maybe geography aside from martial arts.
Old 2014-07-31, 12:11   Link #78
EvI

Quote:
Fumu fumu, got myself a copy of elysion today. The volume's focus is Haya and Iora. Lots of stuff happening and the illustrations are all awesome, especially one with badass Iora~

There are few illustrations of other girls, but also there's unexpectedly much illustrations of Haya/Iora (well they are the focus this time), which makes me happy since in previous volumes they didn't get that many visual references.

@silenceblade: Fuyuki learned math and programming, plus what she learned before being adopted, Taiga didn't learn anything as he didn't go to ANY school at all after being adopted. Though I'd guess they had him learn languages and maybe geography aside from martial arts.
just a question is Iora the villain of this volume? i really don't want her to be
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 12:22   Link #79
krytyk
幻想生物

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
just a question is Iora the villain of this volume? i really don't want her to be
I'm afraid my lawyer doesn't allow me to answer this question.
Old 2014-08-01, 17:04   Link #80
DarkSilverSky

Is the figth they are having in the real or virtual world?
DarkSilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
imouto, incest, strong male