AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-26, 21:17   Link #1021
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Spoiler for NSFW:
Sexiest characters of the season!

Kuune is mine alone, but I can share Eris.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 23:03   Link #1022
ZeKeR
Superbad

i think i'm gonna blow buckets of blood nao...
Old 2010-08-27, 12:48   Link #1023
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Aww, this is kind of adorable.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:50   Link #1024
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^& yummy wallpaper material.
Old 2010-08-27, 13:10   Link #1025
kyouray
2D > 3D

I agree & it's better than posters of the last month.
Old 2010-08-27, 13:18   Link #1026
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm sad about the lack of Aoi on those posters so far though. She needs some love too!
Old 2010-08-27, 13:36   Link #1027
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

as for Kio

Dude you dont need trainning even if you are worthless your thoguht of protecting your harem counts just dont leave any girl behind in your quest for the ultimate love
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 14:54   Link #1028
ReddyRedWolf

Kio has Magnum P.I. as an uncle. He doesn't need to ask Aoi when his own blood relative can teach him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 19:09   Link #1029
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Episode 7 of this was just hilarious especially Eris and billionaire super long name girl's intro to the class[seriously LOL'd at bread thing ] and fit this series perfectly for a beach episode, though I do have to feel bad for Aoi after what Koi said :/. Also wallpaper Kanon posted is just win .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 23:07   Link #1030
ZeKeR
Superbad

Sunday!!!!! Teh new episode!!!
Old 2010-08-28, 01:39   Link #1031
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I'm late...

Anyway, there is only two things I want to write about concerning ep 7.

1, it is very interesting that the author is hanging a very big lampshade at the tradition of some random cute alien girl showing up and stealing the guy from girls who had knew him for a long time. Aoi's speech is really way overdue, for all the female characters who suffered because they aren't androids, aliens, or some magical goddess. At the very least, the point is made that Eris shouldn't automatically get priority just because she dropped out of the sky and is more exotic than the others. It was quite moving, with Aoi making it clear that she wanted so badly to have Kio but Eris is being a near insurmountable obstacle.

Aoi really misunderstood when Kio wanted her to teach him how to fight; he does see her as more than just a humanoid weapon, he simply wants to pull his own weight in this new and dangerous time. But her complex really made it worse.

On the other hand, Eris is also intentionally written as someone who is sufficiently compassionate, as to not be clueless about how her gatecrashing is hurting people. Instead of being the clueless idiotic main girl, Eris made it clear that Aoi does have a legitimate claim in loving Kio, but also made it clear that Eris herself loves him too and that this isn't about fighting over a mere object.

2, I really like how the dog droids were presented in this episode. They might have seemed scary last time, but it is now made clear that they are no more evil than the cat droids. They are soldiers who serve their masters, who kept fighting even with impossible odds against a superior enemy force. I mean, they fought with SPEARS! If high tech human weapons can't scratch the cat droids, what good are the pointy sticks? But they fought anyway, because that's their duty. They are dogs, and they will serve to the end. Even if their own master didn't even bother to retrieve them from the oceans.
Old 2010-08-28, 02:54   Link #1032
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I'm late...

1, it is very interesting that the author is hanging a very big lampshade at the tradition of some random cute alien girl showing up and stealing the guy from girls who had knew him for a long time. Aoi's speech is really way overdue, for all the female characters who suffered because they aren't androids, aliens, or some magical goddess. At the very least, the point is made that Eris shouldn't automatically get priority just because she dropped out of the sky and is more exotic than the others. It was quite moving, with Aoi making it clear that she wanted so badly to have Kio but Eris is being a near insurmountable obstacle.

Aoi really misunderstood when Kio wanted her to teach him how to fight; he does see her as more than just a humanoid weapon, he simply wants to pull his own weight in this new and dangerous time. But her complex really made it worse.

On the other hand, Eris is also intentionally written as someone who is sufficiently compassionate, as to not be clueless about how her gatecrashing is hurting people. Instead of being the clueless idiotic main girl, Eris made it clear that Aoi does have a legitimate claim in loving Kio, but also made it clear that Eris herself loves him too and that this isn't about fighting over a mere object.
Yeah, this is what in my opinion sets it apart from the usual harem anime for me. The emotions feel a bit more real and the girls less idiotic, especially Eris who is usually in the role of a clueless idiotic main girl is very competent here.

Quote:
2, I really like how the dog droids were presented in this episode. They might have seemed scary last time, but it is now made clear that they are no more evil than the cat droids. They are soldiers who serve their masters, who kept fighting even with impossible odds against a superior enemy force. I mean, they fought with SPEARS! If high tech human weapons can't scratch the cat droids, what good are the pointy sticks? But they fought anyway, because that's their duty. They are dogs, and they will serve to the end. Even if their own master didn't even bother to retrieve them from the oceans.
Yeah, I've said it before but I really am more of a dog person than a cat person, their loyalty trait is very admirable for me. Making it similar to a soldier following soldiers is a nice touch, and even the female dog commander, Jens (really tempted to just shorten it and call her bitch...) doesn't seem really that evil somehow. Let's just wait and see for the episode today then.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 05:10   Link #1033
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Well, in Nanoha's case "befriend" means "beat the crap out of."
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
YOu mean "beat the crap out of it until submission." xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
I doubt Kio made friends this way
Aha, that's what I was thinking of. Thanks guys (I refuse to admit I'm getting old)
lol eiyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
...and even the female dog commander, Jens (really tempted to just shorten it and call her bitch...) doesn't seem really that evil somehow. Let's just wait and see for the episode today then.
I get a feel from her like, a hardworking Eris... did I explain that right... something like a serious Eris/straight faced Eris, I think you know what I mean (I'm a little off it today, I know...)

Nice find, Kanon! I like me some twin tails
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 05:31   Link #1034
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
anyone notice the shots of the two girls from kampfer in episode 7?? right around 4:57
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 05:40   Link #1035
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Go one page back to find your answer.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 07:16   Link #1036
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Old 2010-08-28, 07:44   Link #1037
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

great find ... you don't even have to have japanese language skills to know what's written on it
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 10:01   Link #1038
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
I'm late...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, this is what in my opinion sets it apart from the usual harem anime for me. The emotions feel a bit more real and the girls less idiotic, especially Eris who is usually in the role of a clueless idiotic main girl is very competent here.

That is so true. I'm really like this anime is trying to do more than offer fanservice, especially with the fights and how the alien-issue is addressed. It's really good at combining the action and the comedy together with the same kind of themes.

In terms of Kio, I felt it to be a bit aggravating that the AV Girls said that Kio was popular with the ladies, because he's...nice. I think they were right in saying he was "A Gem in Need of a Polish", but I do find it odd he gets that much attention for being nice, clean, etc. I was feeling disdain, until he went to Aoi, wanting to learn how to fight. That really is giving me more and more hope for this series. I actually wanted that conversation to continue, but that Lyra/Kotone look-a-like had to get in the way.

This series could be epic, it just has to drop a few of those cliches, and it's golden.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 10:14   Link #1039
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
In terms of Kio, I felt it to be a bit aggravating that the AV Girls said that Kio was popular with the ladies, because he's...nice. I think they were right in saying he was "A Gem in Need of a Polish", but I do find it odd he gets that much attention for being nice, clean, etc. I was feeling disdain, until he went to Aoi, wanting to learn how to fight. That really is giving me more and more hope for this series. I actually wanted that conversation to continue, but that Lyra/Kotone look-a-like had to get in the way.

This series could be epic, it just has to drop a few of those cliches, and it's golden.
Well, you see, there is actually no proof that Kio was ever a loser of any kind. Traditional harem comedies usually made sure the main male lead is somehow shunned by his classmates, being "pathetic" and with no skills to speak of. But from the very started we see that Kio is very much a part of the school's social life, and the only reason he hasn't got a girlfriend was because he was going slow with Aoi. All the other girls who were interested in him consider him "taken", with nearly every already know to stay out of Manami and Aoi's way.

The assumption that Kio is a loser is actually a force of habit; all signs point to Kio as an average teenager who is interested in film-making, who has plenty of friends, and is NOT starved of female attention.

Is there a reason why Kio couldn't get a girlfriend? There was no sign that he possessed any major flaws. All perceptions that he is your "typical loser male" is entirely imaginary. He is not ugly, he is not stupid, he is not weak, and he is not "uncool".
Old 2010-08-28, 10:21   Link #1040
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Well, you see, there is actually no proof that Kio was ever a loser of any kind. Traditional harem comedies usually made sure the main male lead is somehow shunned by his classmates, being "pathetic" and with no skills to speak of. But from the very started we see that Kio is very much a part of the school's social life, and the only reason he hasn't got a girlfriend was because he was going slow with Aoi. All the other girls who were interested in him consider him "taken", with nearly every already know to stay out of Manami and Aoi's way.

The assumption that Kio is a loser is actually a force of habit; all signs point to Kio as an average teenager who is interested in film-making, who has plenty of friends, and is NOT starved of female attention.

Is there a reason why Kio couldn't get a girlfriend? There was no sign that he possessed any major flaws. All perceptions that he is your "typical loser male" is entirely imaginary. He is not ugly, he is not stupid, he is not weak, and he is not "uncool".
I didn't mean to really say that Kio defines himself as a "loser", just more of that he was intentionally "normal, humdrum." Another trope of harem males that they are pitched as being an ordinary high schooler.

I don't think it's unusual for him to have a girlfriend, and I totally can see why Aoi, Eris and Manami have feelings for him. I do however find it a little odd he is considered to "a catch" by the other girls in the school. Granted, I don't think I've ever seen that done in a harem show, but Kio doesn't give off the aura of being successful with ladies.

If anything, I want the show to prove that Kio is an important structure/character to the development of this series. He's been getting better and better with each passing episode.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, sci-fi, shounen