AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-08, 12:37   Link #41
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

i want to hear more spulation on the upcoming chapters. its to early to review as of yet.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-02-08, 13:16   Link #42
SimplyAJ

That rant about sacrifice by LoP seems really ... Shallow and unwarranted. It's okay for you to enjoy the manga as much as you (somehow) do, even if the majority here seems to agree that it went south years ago. HOWEVER, you shouldn't blindly defend its faults because you enjoy it, that's a bit ... Ridiculous. You didn't write this and therefore you have no more idea than anybody else here what Bleach's take on the word "sacrifice" is. That being said, with the powers characters are known to have, it seems ridiculous that he wouldn't be or can't be healed. His arm was destroyed just like Menoly's body or any other limb in this series.

You're acting like this is Fullmetal Alchemist and he did some sort of alchemy for equivalent exchange and now his arm is being worn by some pute white creature so it can't come back. Sorry, but Kubo isn't as good of a writer as that.

Regardless, chapter was boring. I dislike the two new characters and was hoping they'd somehow meet their demise (but it's Bleach so that will never happen). Regardless, I hardly think a big page showing just Ichigo with his typical "hero" intro was unnecessary seeing as by this point it's just like "yes, we know, we get it. Move on with the story please..."
Old 2012-02-08, 13:40   Link #43
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The only thing this chapter told me, from page 4 specifically, is added depth to the plot hole of what happens to aaaaall the hollows that non-shinigami kill, not to mention the entire chapter is flippin' filler. Can't type more because I have to puke, 3 weeks for THIS.
Old 2012-02-08, 13:47   Link #44
kitten320

Kubo didn't lie... it will take 10 years to finish it at this point...
Well at least he has something in mind...
Old 2012-02-08, 13:49   Link #45
james0246

Chapter was okay. Comedy was decent, and the set-up, while simplisitc, was still okay. Sadly, that is the best I can say: okay. I'm perplexed as to why Shounen Jump didn't give Kubo a larger chapter to play around with so that we can be better eased into this new, and final, arc. Oh well, here's hoping next week will be a little more interesting.

That being said, who here wished that it was Karin that jumped in to save the new Shinigami at the end of the chapter? .
Old 2012-02-08, 14:48   Link #46
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
C
Kubo wrote himself into a corner; he created healing abilities for his characters that are so powerful that he no longer has an explanation for why someone can't be healed or revived... With what Orihime was able to do for Grimjow's arm and Menoly, there's no reason why she should not be able to do the same for Yamaji. We also have soi fon who lost her whole arm but still managed to get it back. Only possible explanation would be he's too prideful to get it healed, which is rather foolish since that means he is alloying himself, the strongest shimigami in SS, to go on with a handicap for no practical reason.
There was one point in the HM arc where Orihime was struggling to heal Ichigo's because Ulquiorra's reiatsu was clinging to the wounds. That implies her powers are less effective rejecting damage inflicted by a power superior to hers. Since yamaji lost his arm because of his own explosion ability, it may be that she simply can't reject damage caused by the most powerful being in the Bleachverse. Considering the level of BS in various bleach loopholes, this is one of the more justifiable ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
There are strong suggestions the Quincy are involved...*sigh*
I wish this meant we would see Ishida gain more relevance and become a powerful character. He is, after all, the only nakama to defeat a captain even if through a one-off powerup.

Sadly, I expect we'll see something more like a "rescue ishida" , damsel-in-distress type arc.
Old 2012-02-08, 14:52   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think it's going to be a rescue Ishida. If this is a quincy arc then I think Ishida will become an antagonist but not the ultimate big bad (like Sasuke and countless of other examples) and it will end with him going back to normal either because Ichigo convinces him to change sides again or because he was actually a good guy all along and was just playing.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-02-08 at 15:37.
Old 2012-02-08, 14:55   Link #48
Xagzan

I'm holding out hope for some of the things in that interview posted in another thread that I greatly hope to see, but until then, eh.

I hope those two newbies don't become major characters. Because Kubo really should have learned by now that introducing new characters again and again doesn't make things interesting when you already have an army of other characters to work with.
Old 2012-02-08, 15:01   Link #49
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
There was one point in the HM arc where Orihime was struggling to heal Ichigo's because Ulquiorra's reiatsu was clinging to the wounds. That implies her powers are less effective rejecting damage inflicted by a power superior to hers. Since yamaji lost his arm because of his own explosion ability, it may be that she simply can't reject damage caused by the most powerful being in the Bleachverse. Considering the level of BS in various bleach loopholes, this is one of the more justifiable ones.
nice point right here. it will probably never be explained. either this or his pride is fine with me though.

Quote:
I wish this meant we would see Ishida gain more relevance and become a powerful character. He is, after all, the only nakama to defeat a captain even if through a one-off powerup.

Sadly, I expect we'll see something more like a "rescue ishida" , damsel-in-distress type arc.
lolz... I hope not. I prefer Haak's theory.

But this is most definitely an arc about Quincy. It's Ishida's turn to be the nakama highlighted in the arc, which means there will be about 5 pages of him and no development...
Old 2012-02-08, 15:16   Link #50
sayde

I hope this chapter can be strong sign that we'll finally be seeing A LOT more of Ryuuken. He's probably the character I find to be 3rd most intriguing in this series. So I'm all for getting to know more about him.
Old 2012-02-08, 15:42   Link #51
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't think it's going to be a rescue Ishida. If this is a quincy arc then I think Ishida will become an antagonist but not the ultimate big bad (like Sasuke and countless of other examples) and it will end with him going back to normal either because Ichigo convinces him to change sides again or because he was actually a good guy all along and was just playing.
Ishida going darkside would be funny, considering the revival of his clan and justice on those who caused its demise in the first place! ...this sounds awfully familiar
Old 2012-02-08, 16:05   Link #52
Voduar

Well, that was a tad disappointing. I know writers are always told "Show, don't tell" but I honestly think a whole chapter of exposition might be needed at this point. While I seem to be less annoyed than many of you at this opening, it is still kind of hard to defend it. I am also beginning to get sick of Kubo doing all these half explanations and then just moving on. Of things we are sort of half aware of:The Soul King and the Royal Guard, the Vasto Lords and whether we have seen one, we still don't know what Ichigo's mother was, and we still don't have a good idea of what happens in Hell, though I suspect he may have decided that it does not exist anymore.

Anywho, I actually doubt that whatever is destroying Hollows is the Quincy's we are familiar with. Now, it might be new enemies or simply new Quincys, but if it is new Quincy's then I suspect these ones follow different rules.
Old 2012-02-08, 16:46   Link #53
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Yea ok I'm all for new faces(even if they are not very interesting at all) but why the hell did Kubbo decide to have this little whelp assigned to what is possible the most dnagerous area there is?
Sure I know it said he was the #1 choice and from that he has to have abilities but by god why the damn pussy arse nature, why couldn't he have had him being middle ground, somewhat just new and maybe not so confident but not a little arse wipe that screams like a little girl at first sign of danger....oh wait thats a insult to little girls.
I know we're probably gonna go through the whole he'll learn to be strong and bad ass and bring out his abilites as the story goes and what not but I really really can't bring myself to like this part.
This start has stained whatever develpoment(no matter how bad ass he gets) that little twerp gets.

Why the hell isn't there a Vice captian assigned to the town?!
I would think the town warrants that at the least.

Chapter was in essence rather plain but it does set up for what could be of some interest.
Always wondered when we'd see the story tackle the quincy thing but never figured it would be the last arc.
Old 2012-02-08, 17:17   Link #54
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest though, I do doubt that this will be about Quincys. It would just be too random a thing to have, especially for a final arc. There's been no foreshadowing, at least not the amount that you'd expect for final antagonists.

Then again, Bleach has never had much storyline structure coherence to it. Not to menrion that introducing an entirely new group would hardly be much better.

Of course, if it's not Quincys then Kubo pretty much shot himself in the foot when he made Mayuri say "there's only one group that can erase hollows". If it turns out to be a new group then he's already started off with plot hole. Its not beyond Kubo but it doesn't bode well for the rest of this final arc, especially when he had a three week break to think it over.
Old 2012-02-08, 17:23   Link #55
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

afro-san always gets a few chuckles out of me
Old 2012-02-08, 18:19   Link #56
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Except we have to take into account that they are capable of healing an arm from nothing. Not just grimjow and menoly; we also have soi fon lost her arm and she was not healed by Orihime, but by SS (according to kubo). Even if there was something about the wound that prevented it from being healed, they should be able to hack off the entire arm (beyond the infected area) and just heal it from there. If they can restore Soifon's arm from nothing, than why not Yamaji's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
No it's not BS-

sacrifice: To forfeit something for something else considered to have a greater value

If it meant very little, because he could fix it......that would make it NOT a sacrifice and bullshit token act of heroism
Sacrifice does not mean giving up something for nothing; it means giving up one thing for something else we believe is worth more
There is a "No Back-sies" rule of Sacrifice. He can't get it back. He Sacrificed it. It can't be fixed because he didn't give it up, he didn't say --"this a temporary loan. I want my arm back after this is over with" He TRADED his arm for their lives

Kubo didn't write himself into a corner ---It-was-a-SACRIFICE
No...
The only thing that makes his action a "sacrifice" is the fact that yamaji did not take into account his arm could be healed (apparently ignoring the capbilities of his own healers) and thus took on the action with the intention that he may never be able to use his arm again. But the sacrifice becomes tainted when its clear that what was lost CAN be restored... Using a plothole to keep his arm lost does not restore the significance of the loss.
Old 2012-02-08, 19:01   Link #57
Deathscyther

So I guess the final arc will be Shinigami vs Quincys vs Arrancar?

Lots of hollows are being erased at the moment, which will destroy the balance if it's not stopped. The only ones capable of erasing these hollows from existence are the Quincys. The Shinigami have stopped them in the past because of this reason. Even though they were supposed to be wiped out, I guess it's possible that a small elite group survived though. Ryuken, who seems pretty strong, might be part of this group. Ryuken in turn seems to know Isshin, so we might finally learn more about these two.

The Quincys might go to the 'hometown' of the hollows, Hueco Mundo. It was said that Grimmjow and Nell had high chances to appear in this arc after all.

I guess that both the Shinigami and the Arrancar will fight against the Quincys. The Shinigami will fight to protect the balance and the Arrancar will fight for survival.
Old 2012-02-08, 19:18   Link #58
sayde

I wonder how Kubo's going to establish or effectively imply the next major group of bad guys to be more dangerous than Aizen's modified arrancar, or even Aizen himself (assuming Aizen doesn't return)--especially if the big bad is a Quincy. I mean the thought of a Quincy being more powerful than Aizen is...well...almost kinda funny.
Old 2012-02-08, 19:20   Link #59
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
So I guess the final arc will be Shinigami vs Quincys vs Arrancar?

Lots of hollows are being erased at the moment, which will destroy the balance if it's not stopped. The only ones capable of erasing these hollows from existence are the Quincys. The Shinigami have stopped them in the past because of this reason. Even though they were supposed to be wiped out, I guess it's possible that a small elite group survived though. Ryuken, who seems pretty strong, might be part of this group. Ryuken in turn seems to know Isshin, so we might finally learn more about these two.

The Quincys might go to the 'hometown' of the hollows, Hueco Mundo. It was said that Grimmjow and Nell had high chances to appear in this arc after all.

I guess that both the Shinigami and the Arrancar will fight against the Quincys. The Shinigami will fight to protect the balance and the Arrancar will fight for survival.
Your guess/theory makes a lot of sense. And I'm all up for seeing more Nel and other (forgotten?) characters.
Old 2012-02-08, 19:34   Link #60
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I wonder how Kubo's going to establish or effectively imply the next major group of bad guys to be more dangerous than Aizen's modified arrancar, or even Aizen himself (assuming Aizen doesn't return)--especially if the big bad is a Quincy. I mean the thought of a Quincy being more powerful than Aizen is...well...almost kinda funny.
True ... To be honest, Bleach should had ended after defeat of Aizen, that would be perfect ending for it(even though we don't have a clue about Isshin, Soul King and few other things). Creating enemies which might be more powerful than Aizen seems really meh.
Closed Thread