AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 11:21   Link #2681
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
For better or worse, the next update to Super SS might be a double whammy. Though, I should probably shorten it somehow...
Get our the bloody shears brohan.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 08:49   Link #2682
tsunade666

what do you guys think of tamni and znt cross over? I had this idea on my mind while I had free time and is thinking of it. Can it be possible? a good crossover? though this will be my first fic if I ever write it.
Old 2012-07-13, 09:13   Link #2683
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what do you guys think of tamni and znt cross over? I had this idea on my mind while I had free time and is thinking of it. Can it be possible? a good crossover? though this will be my first fic if I ever write it.
Exactly what kind of crossover? I'm guessing you're gonna drag someone over from the Index world into ZnT?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:47   Link #2684
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Drag A Certain Misfortunate Fool! Because that's the only logical outcome!
Old 2012-07-13, 09:56   Link #2685
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Drag A Certain Misfortunate Fool! Because that's the only logical outcome!
So logical that it would be completely predictable.
Old 2012-07-13, 10:27   Link #2686
tsunade666

Nope, No way I would drag Touma to ZnT. Plus how can imagine breaker be bypass.

I'm setting a future setting with after war with gremlin and Accelerator got dragged in ZnT universe as Louise familiar. Accelerator doesn't have much knowledge about magic but he got his experience and a bit of knowledge thanks to bardway.

And I won't just drag characters from Tamni. I'm thinking of a war of two worlds because the gate in the elven region is connected to the world right? though I'm not their yet. Just setting the familiars. And I won't be using the same darn familiars that I see in ZnT as void familiars.

EDIT:
I'm actually thinking of summoning Index as Myozonitrn (or what ever that spelling is) but is it allowed? because I read somewhere that Gandalf is for Tristain but I can't think of Accel as using Gandalf abilities though I could see him starting the industrial revolution in tristain.
Old 2012-07-14, 01:44   Link #2687
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Nope, No way I would drag Touma to ZnT. Plus how can imagine breaker be bypass.

I'm setting a future setting with after war with gremlin and Accelerator got dragged in ZnT universe as Louise familiar. Accelerator doesn't have much knowledge about magic but he got his experience and a bit of knowledge thanks to bardway.

And I won't just drag characters from Tamni. I'm thinking of a war of two worlds because the gate in the elven region is connected to the world right? though I'm not their yet. Just setting the familiars. And I won't be using the same darn familiars that I see in ZnT as void familiars.

EDIT:
I'm actually thinking of summoning Index as Myozonitrn (or what ever that spelling is) but is it allowed? because I read somewhere that Gandalf is for Tristain but I can't think of Accel as using Gandalf abilities though I could see him starting the industrial revolution in tristain.
Now that SpaceBattles is open to non-members again, I think you might want to take a look at the ZnT LN infodump thread I've built over there.

Link: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...on-etc.220679/

Though IMO, summoning a esper as a familiar sounds like a bad end, when magic + esper = blood everywhere (ref Vol2) If you burn familiar runes onto a esper then every time the familiar ability activates the magic clashes with AIM and the familiar in question is gonna be hurt.

Index as Myoz however sounds doable. So is linking the Shaitan's Gate to the IndexVerse world. It'll take a lot of worldbuilding though IMO.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 02:28   Link #2688
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Though IMO, summoning a esper as a familiar sounds like a bad end, when magic + esper = blood everywhere (ref Vol2) If you burn familiar runes onto a esper then every time the familiar ability activates the magic clashes with AIM and the familiar in question is gonna be hurt.

Index as Myoz however sounds doable. So is linking the Shaitan's Gate to the IndexVerse world. It'll take a lot of worldbuilding though IMO.

There are certain leeways; it's not that every Esper that comes into the slightly contact with magic explodes like salted slugs. So long as they don't USE that magic, it's fine.
Old 2012-07-14, 02:37   Link #2689
tsunade666

I forgot the AIM part. If it's accelerator it won't be a problem but for the other one.... grrr even if its a level 0. There is still AIM field on them. And here I'm hoping to give the normal guy a chance of power.
Old 2012-07-14, 03:12   Link #2690
Ashaman

You can.

Doing a crossover gives you a certain amount of leeway, particularly when it comes to how things interact between the universes .

So give an explaination of why it doesn't hurt him - i.e. because its Louise's runes/magic/whatever, it doesn't count as he himself using magic; its instead like magic being used on him. Basically it works as a Buffing spell.
Old 2012-07-14, 04:52   Link #2691
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In the worst case scenario, you can get away with saying Zero's magic isn't the same as Index's magic as long as you can explain (or BS your way through) why AIM doesn't contradict the laws of Magic in Zero's world... Or at the very least you could make it so that Void magic is a special exception.
Old 2012-07-14, 18:34   Link #2692
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The portal is a doorway. As long as the hand doesn't touch the doorway, the portal is not cancelled.
Old 2012-07-14, 18:48   Link #2693
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

^Or cut off the hand and regrow/attach it later.

I wonder if having parallel words constitutes different Gods and such...

If this actually comes to fruition, I fully expect a Hamazura/Agnese/Laura Stuart meeting their 'counterparts' moment.
Old 2012-07-14, 22:08   Link #2694
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
^Or cut off the hand and regrow/attach it later.
You talk as if cutting off one's arms is like dismantling a piece of assembly in order to stow them away or something...

I wouldn't mind if it was for the funny, but hey.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:11   Link #2695
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
You talk as if cutting off one's arms is like dismantling a piece of assembly in order to stow them away or something...

I wouldn't mind if it was for the funny, but hey.
For a certain unlucky someone, isn't that the truth? First time, it was shocking. Second time, it was awesome. Third time, hey now. C'mon...
Old 2012-07-15, 00:16   Link #2696
Twi

Yo, Flere, I know you said you were holding out until this railgun arc was done for M3, but in all honestly, I can't look at Mental Out the same way at the rate the manga is going...

Also how's TMF going?

Also, wouldn't summoning Index to ZnT world be pointless? Those grimoire in her head would make her valuable to any magician on Earth, but in the ZnT world they have a completely different system of magic, and the Anglicans would find someway to literally rip space and time apart to get her back, if Touma didn't somehow punch his way to there and back.

As for Accelerator, he'd practically kill Louise the moment she tried to be abusive. That's a dead end right there.
Old 2012-07-15, 00:31   Link #2697
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Also, wouldn't summoning Index to ZnT world be pointless? Those grimoire in her head would make her valuable to any magician on Earth, but in the ZnT world they have a completely different system of magic, and the Anglicans would find someway to literally rip space and time apart to get her back, if Touma didn't somehow punch his way to there and back.

There's no rule that states she can only hold Earth base knowledge, especially since she'll be dropping into a school she'll end up memorizing their entire library within 3 days give or take.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:26   Link #2698
tsunade666

Quote:

As for Accelerator, he'd practically kill Louise the moment she tried to be abusive. That's a dead end right there.
I find a loop hole on index summoning because the magic system in ZnT is different. They use their willpower to enforce the magic in the world. While in Tamni verse. You either refine your life force to produce mana or control the mana which is present or telesma but that also requires you to mold your own mana or produce it. But since in ZnT you don't need mana but will power. So for Index she would study first how magic works and work her way out on using adapting the system their to use her magic. Seeing index wielding those 103000 books of her without holding back is just so sweet to let it pass.

Actually I'm seeing Accelerator holding himself back like how he deal with last order and he will either ignore louise like she was invisible. My problem with Accelerator is how will she deal with Kirhce. That part is going me nuts so I can't start yet. I had an overall setting in my mind but character interactions are really hard to do
Old 2012-07-15, 02:00   Link #2699
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Yo, Flere, I know you said you were holding out until this railgun arc was done for M3, but in all honestly, I can't look at Mental Out the same way at the rate the manga is going...

Also how's TMF going?
Well... it's been so long since I've written anything for M3 I've only got the bare bones of the plot left in my head >.< Having said that, I've only got the bare bones planned for the last 25% of M3 to begin with... M3 was something I've written when fueled by fanboying at Misaki ^^;

TtM, next chapter roughly 50% done, but I've hit writer's block and can't quite get this one scene working. At least it wasn't the same scene I've been stuck at for the last month or so

If/when I get this chapter done I'll need to find a Beta too, someone that can look over my chapter for me and tell me why I should change this rather than just fix up all the mistakes.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 02:27   Link #2700
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I find a loop hole on index summoning because the magic system in ZnT is different. They use their willpower to enforce the magic in the world. While in Tamni verse. You either refine your life force to produce mana or control the mana which is present or telesma but that also requires you to mold your own mana or produce it. But since in ZnT you don't need mana but will power. So for Index she would study first how magic works and work her way out on using adapting the system their to use her magic. Seeing index wielding those 103000 books of her without holding back is just so sweet to let it pass.
That might be a bit too big of a leap because the Grimoires in her head might not accept this new source of magic. Plus there's the problem about the Grimoires virus-like program triggering...

You can play it safe with having her use Zero's magic only first.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction