Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-11-09, 02:34   Link #4481
Korpheus
Iyarashii Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana View Post
Little Elf bunnies? Could we see such a thing in the future?
I give that my mark of approval.

I don't want to engage in shipping wars but I must say I find Ryu alone and her interaction with other characters, not just Bell, as one of the best moments of this franchise. Even if that series will not get harem end I will be happy with author delivering more scences with Ryu.

Even if Tsuki Tsuki did not deliver satysfing ending, I enjoyed each volume.
My point is that sometimes it is road that matters not the ultimate result.

Even if there is feeling of disappontment with unwanted ending... Hey! What is this fan fic over there?
Korpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 17:29   Link #4482
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i want to see bell go into Caerbannog mode
Old 2017-11-10, 02:24   Link #4483
Korpheus
Iyarashii Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i want to see bell go into Caerbannog mode
Hm, that would be interesting. I really like motives with power ups degrading or corrupting the hero's perrsonallity or like powers with another consciousness.
Korpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 20:58   Link #4484
kuudererules

Danmachi Familia Chronicle Episode Ryu (Manga) Vol.3 Cover art – November 22, 2017

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 18:57   Link #4485
DanielSong39

So many ways Bell can go.

Ais is his object of affection.
In terms of chemistry and interactions, Hestia or Liliruca.
Syr would make the best wife for sure.
Ryuu is... just plain awesome.

The biggest hint, though, is that Bell is Zeus' grandson. That tells you everything you need to know. I would bet on an implied harem end with nothing fully decided.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 18:59   Link #4486
DanielSong39

In terms of characterizations I find Ryuu to be by far the most compelling and interesting of the bunch. No wonder she's so popular. Two paragraphs into her story I'm already drawn in; I had the exact opposite reaction to Sword Oratorio.
Old 2017-11-18, 14:53   Link #4487
Tachibana
タチバナ

Ryuu snapped at Bell for potentially giving Syr lecherous looks. However, that's what she thought.

I believe that this is what people call being jelly.
Old 2017-11-19, 08:39   Link #4488
Windsgrace

^ Nicely said but if one would compare Bell and Syr, Syr would be a wolf in sheep's clothing and Bell is a lamb...well rabbit. haha I mean he is so naive and innocent.
Syr made made many connections and can be very manipulative yet acts innocently...however I still like her and Ryu very much. :3 (Mainly Ryu,) X)
Well I guess everyone who works @ Hostess of Fertility isn't exactly normal. xD
Old 2017-11-21, 19:48   Link #4489
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia View Post
I remember that on a character poll Ryuu x Bell couple have won 1st place. Even I have shocked a little because of the character poll
she won the character poll to have her own gaiden, have to remember since Ais already has her own gaiden she was not on that poll as a selection, so it would not be fair to say Ryu is more popular than Ais.

people have their favor pairing, but just listing Bell’s relationship as facts from novel so far

openly chasing Bell:
Hestia (mother) Lilli (little sister) Haruhime (concubine) Syr (girlfriend)

mentally claims Bell as her own pet student:
Ais (master)

wants Bell as a fatherly figure:
Wiene (daughter)

secret admirer even knowing with Ais she has no chance:
Eina (co-worker)

has good feeling but would not cross the line as long as Syr is involved:
Ryuu (big sister)

wants Bell for his/her sexual needs:
Apolo, Aisha, Phryne (sexual predators)

wants Bell for her mental needs:
Freya, Ishtar (collection)

grudgingly respect Bell as a competitor:
Bete, Lefiya (rivals)

have good feeling and interesting in Bell, not to the point of romance but probably wouldn’t mind if it did.
Tiona, Marie, Ray, Aries (heroworship)

interest in Bell in ways not involve romance
Tsubaki (test subject), Cassandra (believer)

now remember of all these characters, the only one Bell ever chase after is Ais, it is not who the readers like, it is the story direction that matter, just because Bell being a playboy and setup flags left and right does not mean he is actively chasing all those girls, Bell treats Hestia as a respected motherly figure goddess it is not even worth mentioning. neither is Lilli because Bell treats her like a little sister (even if she is older), since both of them are loli figures when Bell’s weakness is for the older big sister type, that would be Ais, Eina, Syr, and Ryuu, of the 4 girls the only one that Bell has a girlfriend like relationship now is Syr, so IMO the only one who can threaten Ais’s position is the Freya/Syr combo, she with Freya power adding to her attractiveness.

I think the moment Ais realizes her feeling for what it is not even all the obstacles Oomori setup will stop them, Oomori set up those obstacles (Ais being dense, dislike between Hestia and Loki, etc.) for 2 purposes, one to let other harem members have a chance in readers minds, a one sided harem chase is not beneficial to attract a diverse readership, the other is not let the pairing go too quickly then there is no suspense, Oomori is carefully planning to build up the pairing near the end of story, sort of a double climaxes, so we will all wait for the drama to play out in…another 6,7 years? (Oomori had mentioned he planned to finish the story around the 20th books.) readers have to recognize one thing, whoever wants to be Ais's boyfriend had to "become her hero", and Oomori setup the story for Bell to become exactly that for the grand ending of the story.
Old 2017-11-21, 19:56   Link #4490
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Wrong.
She was in the poll, she got second place btw.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 01:01   Link #4491
DanielSong39

The first few lines of the story starts with a hypothetical scenario of picking up a girl in the dungeon... which does play out almost to the letter. So if you believe in foreshadowing, Liliruca may pull off the big upset. Their relationship is quite good so I wouldn't mind.
Old 2017-11-23, 21:35   Link #4492
Soulwarfare42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
So many ways Bell can go.

Ais is his object of affection.
In terms of chemistry and interactions, Hestia or Liliruca.
Syr would make the best wife for sure.
Ryuu is... just plain awesome.

The biggest hint, though, is that Bell is Zeus' grandson. That tells you everything you need to know. I would bet on an implied harem end with nothing fully decided.
"Adopted" grandson. Gods cannot have children
Soulwarfare42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 06:57   Link #4493
Windsgrace

I feel like Zeus could be an exception to the rule...I mean how many humans has he "attacked"? *cough*
Old 2017-11-24, 18:28   Link #4494
Soulwarfare42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
I feel like Zeus could be an exception to the rule...I mean how many humans has he "attacked"? *cough*
Still doubtful. Heck Zeus wasn't even in the first group of Gods to come down I think. The most likely explanation for Bell being adopted by Zeus is that Bell's parents were part of his familia. The zeus familia had a fight with the one eyed dragon and most of them got wiped out which probably include Bells parents and explains why Zeus adopted him.

Though that is just a theory and until the author confirms it you shouldn't take my theory as the truth but it is the most likely answer.

Last edited by Soulwarfare42; 2017-11-26 at 11:13.
Soulwarfare42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 10:53   Link #4495
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

well, spirit in this series cant have children too, but we got Ais as Aria's, (who is spirit), child, so...?!
but I still think that Ais winning had set in stone, the question is just "it is just Ais, or there is the others?"
and I also want to see Bell in Caerbannog mode, but sadly it wont happen or Bell wont become Hero. IIRC there Ais monologue about how she cant became a hero because what drive her to be stronger is revenge, while Bell can became a Hero because such purity/naivity/innocent, and If Bell in Caerbannog mode, he will lose that, although it will be pretty cool if he do that...
Old 2017-11-26, 11:00   Link #4496
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
well, spirit in this series cant have children too, but we got Ais as Aria's, (who is spirit), child, so...?!
but I still think that Ais winning had set in stone, the question is just "it is just Ais, or there is the others?"
and I also want to see Bell in Caerbannog mode, but sadly it wont happen or Bell wont become Hero. IIRC there Ais monologue about how she cant became a hero because what drive her to be stronger is revenge, while Bell can became a Hero because such purity/naivity/innocent, and If Bell in Caerbannog mode, he will lose that, although it will be pretty cool if he do that...
Err that was already explained that Ais mother wasn't the same Aria as the spirit Aria, but that just like the Crozo family, they saved/helped a spirit long ago, and received a blessing due to this. The the "spirit blood" we're talking about for Ais isn't her being a spirit's daughter. Her mother's name comes from the spirit that family was blessed by, hence why it's the same.
Besides, just like gods, spirits radiates shin'i naturally, so it's actually very easy for anyone to identify a spirit/god just by their aura, and a half would be easy to see as well. Even mortals could see it, so no way gods would be fooled. So that wasn't an option from the start even before that explanation.

Gods cannot have children. Zeus isn't an exception, either. If their was an exception, that would be fertility gods/gods of beauty anyway.
Old 2017-11-26, 11:05   Link #4497
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Err that was already explained that Ais mother wasn't the same Aria as the spirit Aria, but that just like the Crozo family, they saved/helped a spirit long ago, and received a blessing due to this. The the "spirit blood" we're talking about for Ais isn't her being a spirit's daughter. Her mother's name comes from the spirit that family was blessed by, hence why it's the same.
Besides, just like gods, spirits radiates shin'i naturally, so it's actually very easy for anyone to identify a spirit/god just by their aura, and a half would be easy to see as well. Even mortals could see it, so no way gods would be fooled. So that wasn't an option from the start even before that explanation.
In what volume? I must missed it then (or maybe havent read it).
although what you said about "a half would be easy to see as well" is doubtfull, because If aiz is not half, and Bell is not half, then there is no half, right? or maybe there is explanation about that too in the novel?
Old 2017-11-26, 12:54   Link #4498
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
In what volume? I must missed it then (or maybe havent read it).
although what you said about "a half would be easy to see as well" is doubtfull, because If aiz is not half, and Bell is not half, then there is no half, right? or maybe there is explanation about that too in the novel?
for which volume, I believe that's at the end of a volume of sword oratoria, and one of the last published, but I don't remember which one. IIRC It's a conversation between several of the high level from the Loki familia.

Someone mention that even if a half existed, there's no way a god would not see through that, yes. I believe this is also mentionned in SO, but don't remember each volume (except that it's prior to the info I talked above)
Old 2017-11-26, 13:00   Link #4499
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
for which volume, I believe that's at the end of a volume of sword oratoria, and one of the last published, but I don't remember which one. IIRC It's a conversation between several of the high level from the Loki familia.

Someone mention that even if a half existed, there's no way a god would not see through that, yes. I believe this is also mentionned in SO, but don't remember each volume (except that it's prior to the info I talked above)
Hoho, thanks for clarification...
No wonder, I dont know, for I dont read Sword Oratoria because of the annoying Lefiya...
Old 2017-11-26, 13:10   Link #4500
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Hoho, thanks for clarification...
No wonder, I dont know, for I dont read Sword Oratoria because of the annoying Lefiya...
Lefiya isn't that bad in the novel.

She doesn't start her clinginess until Bell shows up, and the whole thing is so one sided its actually funny.

Plus she spends a lot of time with the Banshee girl, and their dynamic is much better than Lefiya fangirling over Ais.

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance