AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-27, 23:09   Link #81
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I'm guessing this:

Range Augmentation: Area-wide Citron Call
Defense Augmentation: HP Regeneration buff
Offense Augmentation: Slow debuff
Ist agreed.

2nd one though... It would mean the target would no longer be able to use his special gauge when the regeneration is active.

3rd agreed with the added bonus of limited special gauge.
Old 2012-10-28, 03:55   Link #82
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Mmm, due to the nature of IS abilities being manifested from the mind, I don't think it can do healing, as that would mean having to visualize the gauge being filled back up. We also don't know whether IS can affect the gauge in any other way besides decreasing it via damage, which is already possible without the aid of a special ability. And I think we're forgetting the fact that Lime Bell's abilities are based on time, not healing, so any IS ability will have to do with the manipulation of time, rather than the increase of the HP and SP gauge.
Old 2012-10-28, 19:01   Link #83
judasmartel
*Author

Which means we're left with Haste and Stop abilities, but both are usually used offensively. I was actually thinking of a Chronosphere (stops time of all units within area except caster and/or its allies), but IIRC, it's used both defensively (enemies can't damage you) and offensively (you can whack them while they are stopped)).

It is also possible that Chiyu really can't learn IS Defense Augmentation. Nonetheless, the Time Witch really would be the bane of fast-reflex, high-damaging Duel Avatars in Accel World.
Old 2012-10-29, 04:36   Link #84
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

The chronosphere ability might be one of her level-up bonuses considering how well it ties in with her time manipulation. I think if we're thinking IS abilities, we should be thinking of the ability coming from within herself rather than affecting everyone else as that would require an extremely strong willpower to focus images on multiple targets at the same time. And looking at Noumi's IS, I realised that I made a mistake and the ability doesn't exactly have to have anything to do with the avatar's ability, just something to do with the emotional scar that created it.
Old 2012-10-29, 05:15   Link #85
judasmartel
*Author

How about Haste for Defense Augmentation?
Old 2012-10-29, 06:29   Link #86
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Haste would be under Movement Agumentation, which has been ruled out because of the nature of Chiyu's emotional scar, which does not involve any movement.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:14   Link #87
invokion
Accelerate

Has there been ANY IS skills that are buffing or even non-attacking that we have seen? I'm curious, not enough of the LNs have been translated .
I haven't seen any yet, so I'm curious as to what it would look like, since attacking IS is much easier to imagine, since the whole glowing effect comes about. Though I guess there could be a glowing effect on the buffing.
Old 2012-10-31, 12:49   Link #88
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Well, imagining the glow won't give you the IS attack. You have to imagine the glow cutting/piercing/damaging etc. your target in order for it to be an attack. Buff IS seems very unlikely to exist, as you would need to constantly imagine the effect on the target for it to work.
Old 2012-10-31, 14:04   Link #89
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by invokion View Post
Has there been ANY IS skills that are buffing or even non-attacking that we have seen? I'm curious, not enough of the LNs have been translated .
I haven't seen any yet, so I'm curious as to what it would look like, since attacking IS is much easier to imagine, since the whole glowing effect comes about. Though I guess there could be a glowing effect on the buffing.
While we haven't seen any buffing IS yet, Aqua Current has a debuffing IS: Memory Leak, which she used on Haru the first time they met during his Level 2 peril.

From here, it's not very far-fetched to have a buffing IS. But yeah, it's usually easier to imagine an attacking IS, but that's because we haven't seen that many Duel Avatars with appearances and ability sets usually associated with Magicians in RPG's. Radio, Bell, Maiden, Thorn, and Cosmos are among them. Thus, it makes sense that Mage type Duel Avatars should have IS buffs and debuffs.

Current might be a special case, since it's still unknown what type of Duel Avatar she is, but her appearance and ability set resembles an RPG Trickster (Rogue + Mage).
Old 2013-03-12, 20:36   Link #90
tuckersister

Looking forward to see what her progress. Especially her IS ability. I get that she's called the "Time Witch" for a reason, but I wonder what's her span on time manipulation?

Still wonder what her IS is.
Old 2013-03-12, 21:21   Link #91
Sunder the Gold

She can probably do Defense Enhancement, making her body tougher and providing resistance to Incarnate attacks.

The rest of her IS skills would revolve around Citron Call. Perhaps she can revert a target's Level, like that one God-level Enemy. Or force an "unlearned" bonus to REMAIN "unlearned" even beyond a duel or UNF-death.

Alternatively, she might selectively reverse time, such that your SP gauge is untouched.
Old 2013-03-12, 21:51   Link #92
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Major spoiler for Chiyu in V8.2 released a few days ago; it concerns her father really, but this might be relevant if we're discussing IS. Sorry Gold, I'm putting this in spoiler tags anyway.

Spoiler for Chiyu's dad/IS:
Old 2013-03-13, 09:56   Link #93
Sunder the Gold

Thank you, Tus. Sincerely, that was considerate of you.

I'll just wait. (Translators, please!)
Old 2013-03-13, 10:23   Link #94
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Breakdown16 is TLing V8, not me. :O
Old 2013-03-13, 12:28   Link #95
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
Breakdown16 is TLing V8, not me. :O
I was uttering a prayer to the translators as a joke.

I was not asking you, "Translate, please".
Old 2013-03-13, 12:33   Link #96
Sunder the Gold

But regarding Chiyuri and her father, they seem to have a good relationship.

According to Volume 4, when she was born, he was suffering from throat cancer. So her parents gave her a Neuro-Linker so that she could at least grow up hearing her father speak to her through Direct Connection.

But Haruki said that Chiyuri didn't know how to speak digitally? I'd figure she learn how while speaking with her father. Children emulate parents.
Old 2013-03-13, 19:08   Link #97
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

That was a misconception on Haru's part; he assumed that Chiyu who has never been seen by him playing VR games meant she was not proficient in other functiond like thought talk and lower reaction speed.
Old 2013-03-13, 20:46   Link #98
Sunder the Gold

He personally connected with her and held a data-speak conversation. He ought to know... Except that it showed she could.

But we've also seen wireless "telepathy" over the global net. Maybe that's different, and that is what Haru meant Chiyu can't do?
Old 2013-03-13, 20:51   Link #99
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

That would be the most likely scenario.

Spoiler for Regarding Lime Bell's Title:
Old 2013-03-13, 23:11   Link #100
Shiyumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
That would be the most likely scenario.

Spoiler for Regarding Lime Bell's Title:
Chrono is used when you capable of slow, stop, hasten. Watch is suited her better since 'when the bell chime, time will rewind'.

Last edited by Shiyumi; 2013-03-14 at 03:28.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters