AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-02, 18:01   Link #1421
Asrialys

I'd very much like to see Hamaji and Maki's wedding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniblab View Post
one point you miss was that after the train went by he started to smile dead give away she lived!so watch very close to this you will see it to.and near the end the god like kid told him she interven for him and to take care of her.
What? Who started to smile? Was that a typo, or you really meant "he" as in Hirose? Looking at it, I can see where you mistake it for a smile. I think that was just him with his mouth open. If Otoha did save her from death, then why so long to bring her back if she was alive?
Old 2008-06-02, 18:11   Link #1422
toniblab

did you see there baby child that like like both of them.he went to make a wind mill on top of the hill with his uncle as a gift to his wife.then the god like girl show up and said to him she took a lot of perswading with the other gods why she did it and told to take good care of her.
toniblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 18:24   Link #1423
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniblab View Post
did you see there baby child that like like both of them.he went to make a wind mill on top of the hill with his uncle as a gift to his wife.then the god like girl show up and said to him she took a lot of perswading with the other gods why she did it and told to take good care of her.
We've discussed this before in the thread. The key thing there is that he was making a tribute to Hayami because "she would have liked it" (i.e. she's dead). Otoha's convincing of the other gods was to bring Hayami back, which is why she told Takuma to take good care of her "this time". The impact of the closing scene was that he thought he'd never see her again, and here she was -- hence his broken voice when he saw her (and the music swell). Otherwise, you have to come up with a completely different theory that explains the connections between all the scenes, and to this point I still haven't seen one.

And, the baby I think you're referring to belongs to Maki and Hamaji.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 02:16   Link #1424
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

That was a good series. Had a wonderful ending.
Didn't expect Hamaji and Maki to get married >.>

That was kind of cool how they incorporated the unknown Christianity Quote, you know the footstep one.
radioIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 17:20   Link #1425
DanielSong39

It's not a Bible reference, but rather a poem with Christianity overtones.

In any case the show was anything but a Christian allegory. If that's what you're looking for, I recommend you go watch Pinocchio (1940).

As for the show, I would've preferred it if Otoha reincarnated herself as an adult or Takuma moved on with Hinata/Hotaru, but Hayami was a fine character and she deserved a better fate. What's with anime and suicidal girls these days?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 20:42   Link #1426
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioIzzy View Post
Didn't expect Hamaji and Maki to get married >.>
well, it's not like they were close friends or anything since the beginning of the series :P Wish there was a Hamaji arc that was based off of the game...I really enjoyed that storyline tbh.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 09:09   Link #1427
xris
Just call me Ojisan

While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from Kadokawa Pictures USA, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that Kadokawa are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Kadokawa Pictures USA themselves do not license such series but act as a master licensor, a middle-man who sells on the license to (typically) American anime companies.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 03:02   Link #1428
retracnosna

just started watching this show. So far it just seems a complete mess

how am I supposed to like these characters? usually the point is to make the audience like your characters...isn't it?

girl is getting beat up everyday at school, and main guy is hanging out with the people doint it?? wtf?

and it's like 5 episodes in and he still can't be bothered asking anyone why they just stand around while she's getting her ass kicked lol. I mean, I guess I'm supposed to just go along with the flow but, the characters are all so nonsensical it's hard to get into it
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 03:16   Link #1429
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by retracnosna View Post
just started watching this show. So far it just seems a complete mess

how am I supposed to like these characters? usually the point is to make the audience like your characters...isn't it?

girl is getting beat up everyday at school, and main guy is hanging out with the people doint it?? wtf?

and it's like 5 episodes in and he still can't be bothered asking anyone why they just stand around while she's getting her ass kicked lol. I mean, I guess I'm supposed to just go along with the flow but, the characters are all so nonsensical it's hard to get into it
LOL. Now that I recall, that sounds rather true
However, I remembered something is suppose to happen, and the guy just couldn't bring himself to ask those questions.
Old 2008-06-18, 03:20   Link #1430
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Something to keep in mind when watching this show, retra: a form of entertainment does not have to be good to be entertaining.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 05:10   Link #1431
retracnosna

^I'm not exactly fussy when it comes to anime. I like just about everything I watch. Even bad anime. I actually really like bad anime lol

but so far this one is just...annoying

and it's so poorly though out. Like the beach episode. Everyone having fun, girls all cutesy etc. Except...these cutesy girls have been kicking the shit out of another character, or at least condoning it, for seemingly no legitimate reason

I mean, might want to save the cutesy stuff until after you give the audience a reason not to think these girls are scum. Dropping a couple vague hints about their parents influencing them isn't nearly enough
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 21:55   Link #1432
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
and it's so poorly though out. Like the beach episode. Everyone having fun, girls all cutesy etc. Except...these cutesy girls have been kicking the shit out of another character, or at least condoning it, for seemingly no legitimate reason

I mean, might want to save the cutesy stuff until after you give the audience a reason not to think these girls are scum. Dropping a couple vague hints about their parents influencing them isn't nearly enough
Indeed. Which is why enjoyed this anime like I enjoyed Battlefield Earth and Plan 9 from Outer Space. I wish I had friends into anime just so we could MST3K it.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 22:04   Link #1433
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
^I'm not exactly fussy when it comes to anime. I like just about everything I watch. Even bad anime. I actually really like bad anime lol

but so far this one is just...annoying

I know what you mean and feel the same.... There are so many plot holes i dont know where to start with...

First of all that illogical violence and not just between teenagers but the adults too? even going to the extreme of trying to kill her with a rifle Is every adult in that village crazy?

And what the hell was episode 8 ... magical girl and magical farm girl ... and that ridiculous pink wand.

Also the way Hirose reacted when he was told that the Kagara family were the ones that made his mother kill herself and started beating Hayami made me loose any good feelings about him. And then after that loosing it and making Hayami live a lie as his mother until she finally gets killed by a train? I dont know who i hate more, Hirose or the evil ppl that made this anime. I usually like this kind of anime were there is a kind / nice guy that tries to help everyone and thus being loved by one or more girls but Hirose deserves nothing >.<

Im not going to rate this anime cause it doesnt deserve any points at all.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 12:10   Link #1434
Kristen
*Author

So, I just finished this series today. It was DEFINITELY one of the better series I've seen at it's high points. But, it made a couple of crucial mistakes. It may have been like this in the game, I don't know, but I judge an anime based on storyline as much as the adaptation.

First off, episode 04 and 08 were complete disasters. Through the first 3 episodes, they built up a very good situation. Girl is getting picked on, alone, and a boy is willing to spend his life with her alone. And then to cut it with a fanservice episode with a character who had no relevance to the plot... I didn't like that much at all. And Hamaji as a male was COMPLETELY unneeded. It was good for a gag, but it wasn't worth it later on.

Episode 08 was just plain stupid, and I would've gone without, no question. It resolved Otoha, yes, but it was un-needed. They could've done it without that stupid magical girl stuff.

Second, the ending of the last ED got to me. Kohinata should have stayed dead to create a bitter sweet end, not a happy one. It was much more meaningful that way. Also, isn't that going to create a bit of a dilemna, since he's already married to that one girl?

Third, I was not a fan of the direction they took with Yui-san. I liked where the story was going at the start. Making her be a bully was a strong move, since she's not the type you'd see. But then changing it to be Hotaru's grandfather made it have less impact. Yui-san makes it be a very "Everyone vs. Kohinata", while the grandfather makes it seem like "Senile vs. Kohinata". If Yui-san continued to bully and stopped being comic relief, it'd be a much better storyline.

Now, the positives. First, I LOVED the use of greens in this show. It created an atmosphere unlike any other show I've seen. Second, I LOVED the music. The little irish and the pipe mixed in with it all, it was really good. Quite a good change from the usual synth you get in most shows. And third, I liked the plot. It was a good story, although it seemed to resolve problems too quickly (For instance, how as soon as Hotaru accepted Kohinata, everyone did).

Overall, this show has strong characters, strong plot, and strong aesthetics. It just had a few flaws here and there with bad episodes and taking the plot a suddenly new direction and discarding the old problems. It gets a 9 in my books.
Old 2008-12-01, 23:41   Link #1435
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Episode 08 was just plain stupid, and I would've gone without, no question. It resolved Otoha, yes, but it was un-needed. They could've done it without that stupid magical girl stuff.
Personally, I thought it was hilarious, but that was just me. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Also, isn't that going to create a bit of a dilemna, since he's already married to that one girl?
No, why would you think he's married to anyone? If you're asking who the father of the kid is... this is why it's important that Hamaji was a boy...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 20:35   Link #1436
DanielSong39

Episode 8, in a nutshell:

Totally pointless, rather stupid, and somewhat tasteless.

It was also one of the funniest episodes I've ever seen. The gags never stop coming and it makes me wish for a spin-off show. Magical Otoha, yes!

As for the ending:

I hear you; the bittersweet ending would've been better. If resurrection was an option, Otoha would've been better off resurrecting herself, since she was the real key to Takuma bringing peace to the town, and was his partner in his efforts. But it looks like Hayami is the one who will serve that function from now on.

As for a potential relationship, Takuma isn't married (yet). A potential engagement with Otoha was scuttled with her death, and Otoha decided to accept reality and go back to her own realm. Hinata also had a chance but she couldn't go through with it - she was forcing herself and hurting Hayami at the same time. So that leaves Hayami, who was transformed into a human being so she could pick up where Otoha left off.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2008-12-03 at 23:00.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 20:43   Link #1437
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

maybe if we're lucky, there would be a second season (Root and after)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 00:00   Link #1438
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
if √after and another is to be done as a sequel then it would be like another ef~ w/c is a good thing, imo.

as for this series, it did give me some bittersweet taste. I have nothing against how H2O was animated, it's just some episodes were, rather, pointless and is just silly like that episode where Takuma needs to restore the world to it's original state. It just seem so out of place to be done all of a sudden, i'm starting to enjoy the episodes so far when suddenly.. that happened. I was speechless at that episodes even though it's humorous.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 00:16   Link #1439
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
maybe if we're lucky, there would be a second season (Root and after)
I doubt it, because of the time jump at the end. That, and they would have to redo the plot to go into Root, since the latter events in the anime were anime-original (as expected... Spirit Meeting *laugh*, after all).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 00:24   Link #1440
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Personally, I thought it was hilarious, but that was just me. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

No, why would you think he's married to anyone? If you're asking who the father of the kid is... this is why it's important that Hamaji was a boy...
Oh! THAT'S the father? LOL. Still quite bad that Hamaji was a boy. I wasn't a fan of it, an it could've been done without.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs