AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-01-18, 22:15   Link #481
King Jb612

Sbs

I think it tells you in the manga, i'm not sure about the english version, as I never read the the english version, but on the japanese version they have the address and stuff that you mail it too.

Also download a language packet for your computer and go to the official japanese one piece site and they have the address, or you can post a topic in Arlong Park Forums i'm sure one of them know the address.
King Jb612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 01:45   Link #482
Chuixupu
Shikachu

You could write:
Eiichiro Oda/One Piece
c/o VIZ Media, LLC
P.O. Box 77010
San Francisco, CA 94107

But I doubt Oda will even get it, I've heard that nothing written from the US reaches Oda's desk.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 07:32   Link #483
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
You could write:
Eiichiro Oda/One Piece
c/o VIZ Media, LLC
P.O. Box 77010
San Francisco, CA 94107

But I doubt Oda will even get it, I've heard that nothing written from the US reaches Oda's desk.
if it's written in english, thats understandable.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 13:53   Link #484
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I think the best luck you'd have is to find a third party you can send to in Japan (like I know a couple of people on AP living there), write a letter in Japanese and have the person living in Japan send the letter to the Japanese SBS address.
Old 2007-01-19, 17:24   Link #485
ellifeedn
Thinker

I was thinking more on the lines of an email adress.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 02:59   Link #486
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I think the SBS's are snail mail.
Old 2007-01-27, 15:36   Link #487
ellifeedn
Thinker

Well if the chances of Oda reading the mail with my questions are slim, then would you guys answer them as best as you can?
Old 2007-01-27, 16:53   Link #488
AtARUpt

i just remembered this... isn't kuro's technique (the one he uses vs luffy in the early episodes) alike the soru tech CP9 uses ? any relation with them? after all he was hidding for years from the WG...
AtARUpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 17:09   Link #489
Slayerx

Quote:
Well if the chances of Oda reading the mail with my questions are slim, then would you guys answer them as best as you can?
That's what the Q&A thread is for... though we can't promise we'll know the aswers since only oda knows all of them... but give it a shot, maybe we know

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtARUpt View Post
i just remembered this... isn't kuro's technique (the one he uses vs luffy in the early episodes) alike the soru tech CP9 uses ? any relation with them? after all he was hidding for years from the WG...
Actually, i think Oda answered this in an SBS, not sure which... if i recall correctly the two techniquies are different. While both CP9's Soru and captian Kuro's speed techniquie have about the same speed, Kuro's suffers from a handicap; he can't really tell very well where he's going (or something like that)... so same speed, but Soru has better control
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 23:05   Link #490
ellifeedn
Thinker

Rather than bombard the thread with questions, I'll post one at a time and wait to see if there is a reply. If any of the questions are good enough to be sent to Oda through a person in Japan, could it be done? Okay then, first question: what nationality would each of the straw-hats represent?

For example: Sanji would represent France (his attacks are in French), Franky would represent Italy (since Water 7 is based on Venice (a city in Italy) and Italians are a very emotional people), (for the sake of an example) Vivi would be Egypt (since her homeland is based on Egypt and her name is Egyptian), and (for reasons I don't know why, could be the anime) I think Zoro would be Spain.

Tell me what you think.
Old 2007-01-28, 04:10   Link #491
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I don't think it's really that clear-cut. Knowing Oda he'd answer in a really goofy, misleading way. I don't think he wants his characters to be pigeon-holed like that.
Also, Franky may have grown up on Water 7 but remember that he was abandoned from a pirate ship. Plus his attitude and colorings are not very Italian. And just because Sanji is a chef with French cooking terms in his attacks doesn't make him French.
Old 2007-01-28, 09:30   Link #492
ellifeedn
Thinker

I know. I'm just asking a "not to be taken seriously" question.
Old 2007-01-28, 09:39   Link #493
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I know. I'm just asking a "not to be taken seriously" question.
Yes, but the purpose of this Q&A thread is ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or manga.

What you asking people to do is post opinions and speculation on where One Piece characters may come from, in other words, a discussion not a question and answer. And it's rather pointless to ask where (from our world) characters (from the One Piece world) might originate, since the two worlds have nothing in common. You are trying to compare apples to oranges.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 12:03   Link #494
Malvien
Fanboy

Does anyone know from which episode are these screencaps? First and second. I'd like to see the episode, but don't know the number...

((...Is this even the right place to ask? O___o))
Malvien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 17:37   Link #495
AtARUpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually, i think Oda answered this in an SBS, not sure which... if i recall correctly the two techniquies are different. While both CP9's Soru and captian Kuro's speed techniquie have about the same speed, Kuro's suffers from a handicap; he can't really tell very well where he's going (or something like that)... so same speed, but Soru has better control
thanks mate!
AtARUpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 18:16   Link #496
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Yes, but the purpose of this Q&A thread is ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or manga.

What you asking people to do is post opinions and speculation on where One Piece characters may come from, in other words, a discussion not a question and answer. And it's rather pointless to ask where (from our world) characters (from the One Piece world) might originate, since the two worlds have nothing in common. You are trying to compare apples to oranges.
I'm sorry. I was thinking of this thread as like the SBS at the time I posted my question. As for my other questions, most may not be right for this thread with some that, I suppose, are acceptable. But just knowing that people have heard my thoughts is the reason why I joined this forum in the first place as I don't want to keep them locked up in my head.
Old 2007-01-29, 20:38   Link #497
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvien View Post
Does anyone know from which episode are these screencaps? First and second. I'd like to see the episode, but don't know the number...

((...Is this even the right place to ask? O___o))
Those are both from episode 131, it's a filler episode.
Old 2007-01-31, 07:58   Link #498
Grave

how many more episode til it finish the current arc?
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 14:58   Link #499
Chuixupu
Shikachu

That's unanswerable, since nobody knows how many chapters per episode they'll use, they might have one episode that covers almost three chapters, and the next only 1. 295 was around chapter 409-410 and the story arc ends around chapter 438...so you could try to do some math and average it out. :P
Old 2007-02-11, 23:32   Link #500
King Jb612

episodes

i'm guessin there gonna make around 10-13 more depending on the 5min recaps they do in the beginning of the show and how the fights are getting more zerod in on the characters which means longer fights,
King Jb612 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a