AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel sorry for Orihime?
Yes 93 28.88%
A little 36 11.18%
Hell no 121 37.58%
Meh other characters have suffered more. 65 20.19%
Other 7 2.17%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-20, 13:52   Link #121
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I don't think KT ever had the intention of depicting her as selfish in any way during those chapters. The whole point was that she was sacrificing herself for her friends. While in theory saying goodbye to your crush instead your best friend is selfish I don't think Kubo wanted that to get across. I think you looked at it too simplistically, it just emphasised Orihime's feelings for Ichigo.

But when Tatsuki and Orihime re-unite there may be some tension. But it's always lovers over friends even if it's unloyal or selfish, people can't help it. Tatsuki would probably understand. If I'm sympathetic to anyone it would have to be Tatsuki though.
Old 2008-05-20, 13:54   Link #122
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Wait so you are saying Tatsuki care / love for Orihime doesnt rival Ichigo supportive family . Wait I think you are correct thats the reason Inoue never choose to say good bye to her best friend Tatsuki. I though that was the most self centered thing any one would do choosing Love over Friendship . But you are correct Bad Tatsuki .
Love always comes before friendship, Tatsuki did not start doing that whole support thing until after Orihime's brother died but even if Tatsuki did she cannot stop the lonely nights Orihime has
Old 2008-05-20, 14:02   Link #123
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Love always comes before friendship, Tatsuki did not start doing that whole support thing until after Orihime's brother died but even if Tatsuki did she cannot stop the lonely nights Orihime has
Are you for real ? seriously

Love what love ? to be in love two people have to feel mutually towards each other. To be deemed love there is zero manga evidence Ichigo loves Inoue . Zero that make it one sided obsession with stalkerish tendencies . If not go to a girls / boys room try to rape kiss her/him ... You will be arrested in any country .

So she chose saying goodbye to her one sided obsession over her one true friend. That the most self sacrificing act done by any character in any manga
Old 2008-05-20, 14:17   Link #124
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Orihime loves Ichigo, he never mentioned mutual love. He's not talking about shipping.
Old 2008-05-20, 14:23   Link #125
Hilarieho

Quote:
Wait so you are saying Tatsuki care / love for Orihime doesnt rival Ichigo supportive family . Wait I think you are correct thats the reason Inoue never choose to say good bye to her best friend Tatsuki. I though that was the most self centered thing any one would do choosing Love over Friendship . But you are correct Bad Tatsuki .
eh? What's Orihime got to do with Ichigo having a nice family? All i was saying is that I thought Ichigo had a relatively good childhood.
I really don't understand your train of thought that suddenly lead to the subject being about Tatsuki, but if your going to insist on discussing it... Orihime said goodbye to Ichigo because she was only able to say goodbye to one person, and well, you know, she kinda loves Ichigo. How can you POSSIBLY compare her to a rapist because the affection is apparantly one sided? That comment is a mite of an exaggeration don't you think?
Dear me, haters are strange people
Old 2008-05-20, 14:27   Link #126
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I will actually start taking his post seriously when discussion stops coming out of the gutter with remarks like this

Quote:
Tatsuki did she cannot stop the lonely nights Orihime has
Seeing his previous posts in all the other threads . In all seriousness this statement is so degrading to Inoue as a character . This is not a snide remark but that very statement portrays Inoue as Nymphomaniac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarieho View Post
eh? What's Orihime got to do with Ichigo having a nice family? All i was saying is that I thought Ichigo had a relatively good childhood.
Thats your way of looking at things : )

Quote:
I really don't understand your train of thought that suddenly lead to the subject being about Tatsuki, but if your going to insist on discussing it... Orihime said goodbye to Ichigo because she was only able to say goodbye to one person, and well, you know, she kinda loves Ichigo. How can you POSSIBLY compare her to a rapist because the affection is apparantly one sided? That comment is a mite of an exaggeration don't you think?
Dear me, haters are strange people
Why didnt she choose that one person to be Tatsuki ? Remember we are talking about a selfless character here
Old 2008-05-20, 14:42   Link #127
Hilarieho

Er, that's not what I was talking about.

And I'm sure HiroInazuma was just using a common expression, and not implying anything shady. There's really no need to blow innocent comments out of proportion...:\

Orihime said goodbye to the guy she's in love with. Yes, of course it would have been nice to say goodbye to Tatsuki, but I wouldn't begrudge Orihime saying goodbye to Ichigo. It wasn't a truely selfish act - tatsuki wouldn't have known Orihime had visited anyway, at least Ichigo was able to benefit from Orihime's healing before she left.
Old 2008-05-20, 14:45   Link #128
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
I will actually start taking his post seriously when discussion stops coming out of the gutter with remarks like this

Seeing his previous posts in all the other threads . In all seriousness this statement is so degrading to Inoue as a character . This is not a snide remark but that very statement portrays Inoue as Nymphomaniac.
What do you mean coming out of the gutter? Because if you are talking about me I was talking about Orihime goes home, when it is night or around the evening Tatsuki probably wont be there, so there is the crushing silence that attacks you mentally as sometimes the scariest place you can be is by yourself in your room where every thought you can think of especially the scary ones which bite at your mind, trust me it happens to me all the time when I go to bed in silence with the light off or on.

Also just because Ichigo might not love her back that doesnt take away what Orihime feels, are you telling me if you loved someone but they have shown no sign of loving you back you would not feel sad for having to leave and not being able to say good bye
Old 2008-05-20, 14:49   Link #129
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
What do you mean coming out of the gutter? Because if you are talking about me I was talking about Orihime goes home, when it is night or around the evening Tatsuki probably wont be there, so there is the crushing silence that attacks you mentally as sometimes the scariest place you can be is by yourself in your room where every thought you can think of especially the scary ones which bite at your mind, trust me it happens to me all the time when I go to bed in silence with the light off or on.
Stop playing inncoent dont insult my intelligence . Or you want to me quote your post where as soon you see Inoue pictures you have very tatseful comment about her or your portrayal of Inoue as a nothing biut a housewife ... In that Cook me Food Woman Skit starring Ichigo Rukia Inoue Let me find that ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarieho View Post
And I'm sure HiroInazuma was just using a common expression, and not implying anything shady. There's really no need to blow innocent comments out of proportion...:\
You are not familiar with HirInzuma's posts are you ? . Even if he decides to grow a halo and act as though it was a innocent staement . Previous post dont lie

Quote:
It wasn't a truely selfish act - tatsuki wouldn't have known Orihime had visited anyway, at least Ichigo was able to benefit from Orihime's healing before she left.
To me it was a truly selfish act . I had expected lot more from her ... : ( You know Inoue fans keeping spewing she is a selfless character repeteadly . So I expect a great deal of selfness from her . But sadly she chose to cater her one sided obsession over Ichigo / Over true friendship how disappointing . Yes it an obsession or you have a better explanation towards repeating the word Kurosaki Kun
Old 2008-05-20, 14:55   Link #130
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
You are not familiar with HirInzuma's posts are you ? . Even if he decides to grow a halo and act as though it was a innocent staement . Previous post dont lie
Yeah I'm not the best behaved munchikin but that post was innocent, I still have no idea what you are implying when I say lonely nights, the only time I'm not innocent is in image threads, favourite character, hottest character, ridiculous image and IchixRuki or IchixOri. You have to admit I have intellectual and innocent posts, also I did grow a halo but acting innocent is something I can do easily without any problems and on a final note: Not all my posts are like that sometimes I get my head out da gutter.....

Also one of the reason I feel sorry for her is because her back must be hurting from carrying that load :P

^ Now that was a head in the gutter comment

Edit: I was afraid you would bring out that...the Cook for me woman skit was something I did out of boredom and nothing more.....also I insult peoples intelligence all the time!
Old 2008-05-20, 15:04   Link #131
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Edit: I was afraid you would bring out that...the Cook for me woman skit was something I did out of boredom and nothing more.....also I insult peoples intelligence all the time!
You do realize such behavior/posts are called sexist chauvnistic head in the gutter . All you want Inoue is to cook for you and be obedient . That skit suggested that .

Were you reprimanded by several poster for wrong portrayal on Inoue for that very posts . Also your other so called skits of boredom do exactly the same
Old 2008-05-20, 15:11   Link #132
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
You do realize such behavior/posts are called sexist chauvnistic head in the gutter . All you want Inoue is to cook for you and be obedient . That skit suggested that .

Were you reprimanded by several poster for wrong portrayal on Inoue for that very posts . Also your other so called skits of boredom do exactly the same
Actually I don't want her to do that for me suprisingly. It just seems like something she would do because she seems like one of those housewives, if I had a wife if she wanted to work I would tell her 'Go ahead, I can cook for myself' and I wouldn't want her to be obedient I would want my wife to be headstrong and be able to get into debates with me, you don't know enough about me judge my character as a whole my posts just show my.....perverted side, I am kind of like Jiraiya/Shunsui, perverted, smart, complex
Old 2008-05-20, 15:33   Link #133
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yes Jiraiya is super awesome .

Also you realize you backed up eaxactly what I was saying : )
Old 2009-02-20, 18:50   Link #134
Saasha

To tell you guys the truth, I'm rather proud of her. I believe she's done a remarkable job of dealing with her emotions, loneliness & all that life has thrown at her. Her responses to the circumstances life ( or Kubo to be precise) has thrown at her have been very real & human. I find her to be one of the strongest female leads both mentally & emotionally in bleach or otherwise, sometimes even more so than rukia (whom I love just as much).

Therefore, feeling sorry for her is out of the Question. As much as I feel her pain, I love how she is dealing with her pain. Her strength & maturity are shining through the adversities she's dealt with & this is keeping me from pitying her in any manner.

I dont get why people are critisizing her for choosing to say a personal farewell to ichigo instead of Tatsuki. It isnt like she didnt give tatsuki any thought at all. Is it really so selfish & illogical to want to personally say goodbye to the man you're in love with over your best friend?

Would you condemn a woman for choosing to say goodbye to her boyfriend or husband over her bestfriend/family? Why should it be any different for orihime? She is after all in love with ichigo. I have to disagree with whoever said that being in love with someone has to be mutual for it to be deemed love. There is such a thing as pure unrequited love, though I dont believe her love is as unrequited as it seems, but that is a discussion left for another thread I believe.
Old 2009-02-20, 21:39   Link #135
Nervous Venus

I only have so much patience for a fictional character. Sorry, I don't believe and/or treat her as a real human being. I'm going to look at this like it's fiction, and she's fiction, and therefore, what may have been sweet and endearing at first glance, is no longer the case.

I don't want to inwardly groan having to read a chapter featuring the highlighted character. But, I'll say, " Yes," if only for the intentions of implying " at first."
Old 2009-02-20, 22:09   Link #136
Solachinx
is a myth

Back in the early SS arc, I did. But, not anymore.
Old 2009-02-20, 22:10   Link #137
Saasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
I only have so much patience for a fictional character. Sorry, I don't believe and/or treat her as a real human being. I'm going to look at this like it's fiction, and she's fiction, and therefore, what may have been sweet and endearing at first glance, is no longer the case.

I don't want to inwardly groan having to read a chapter featuring the highlighted character. But, I'll say, " Yes," if only for the intentions of implying " at first."
Well, I look at her as a fictional character as well. I didnt say she was a real human being did I? Its just that her reactions to situations are quite realistic and unlike you I still find them endearing & inspiring. She's dealing with things as best as she can.

Sry, I've only just joined the discussion( really late,I know), so I'm not very familiar with what it is abt her that's made you lose your patience with her character, but I'd really like to know, plse?
Old 2009-02-20, 22:16   Link #138
Saasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Back in the early SS arc, I did. But, not anymore.
Sry, I'm not sure if I got you? Do you mean that you felt sorry for her in the SS arc but you dont anymore or did I get you wrong? If I didnt get you wrong, then may I ask why?
Old 2009-02-20, 22:21   Link #139
Saasha

Oh and guys, Is the Ichiruki/Ichihime thread permanently closed? Isn't there a thread where we can reasonably debate these pairings? Thanx
Old 2009-02-20, 22:23   Link #140
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saasha View Post
Well, I look at her as a fictional character as well. I didnt say she was a real human being did I? Its just that her reactions to situations are quite realistic and unlike you I still find them endearing & inspiring. She's dealing with things as best as she can.
I don't know why you're quoting me. My statement was really just a personal reflection. I'm not pointing any fingers.

However, can you perhaps explain to me how exactly she is "dealing with things as best as she can." And perhaps compare it to how she was during and pre-SS arc (even with the dead brother wanting to kill her.)