AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-01-25, 20:15   Link #1221
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Real Tama lost her vocal chords and passed the torch on to the future generation. now we know they choose Koyuki to fill her shoes.

like wingedaccelerator said, a town where you rage is the nickname for the series, since fans took a lot of issues with how Seo wrote it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 10:16   Link #1222
WingedAccelerator

The manga ends in 7 chapters...

To be honest, this is for the better.
Back in the days of KNIM, I caught up to the series around Chapter 195. Yes, it had quite a lot of raging moments, but I didn't regret reading it. It was pretty much a roller coaster ride, with ups and downs. Family issues, relationship issues, job hunting, marriage... It tackled the cycle of growing up, even if it was obviously dragging by the end.
Fuuka on the other hand was... a disappointment, a mistake, a wasted potential. I feel like they were hell bent on selling this with the sole fact of Seo starting this the same issue as KNIM ended. He should have taken a satisfying break instead. I don't think Seo thought about the story that much in advance, or did his research properly about the music industry, or instruments either. Make Suzuka's daughter the protagonist with a wimp MC, some music stuff and the rest will write itself... Yeah, no. Then he kills Fuuka out of nowhere, that could have been a chance for the MC ending up with not the main heroine/poster girl of the series, but no, we can't have that either. Of course, both of them said that stupid shit of not falling in love again just to hook up later... smh. Tama-chan got rejected, Yuu's classmate became a Fuuka clone, Mikasa, the gay boy confessed to their female teacher without proper hints, signs or interactions before... At this point Seo truly gave up, so I'm not one bit of mad that this mess not gonna reach 200 chapters. Take a break, Seo, then come back with "Daiki" after you thought the majority of the story up in advance.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 11:09   Link #1223
DragonOsman
Dragon King

By Daiki you mean Haruto and Yuzuki's son, right? If so, then yes, I also want to read a manga focusing on him. Hopefully it'd be good.

I'm actually fine with KNIM's ending, though. It would've been worse IMO if Yuzuki had ended up with the other guy instead (the from her hometown who loved her but was sick - I don't remember his name). She just stayed with him to keep him company because of his heart disease and was planning to go back to Haruto afterwards anyway. If she'd had sex with him or kissed him, there'd be more of a problem with her getting back together with Haruto, but in fact she didn't do anything like that with that guy at all (no, I'm not saying that I have a problem with a girl doing with another guy before the MC, but some people were saying before on another site that they have a problem with Yuzuki going with Haruto after dating that other guy for a while). She never allowed him to kiss her or do anything with her. She still loved Haruto after all. So it's good that she ended up with Haruto in the end. I'm happy with the ending.

I'm still sticking with Fuuka because I still like it and I want to see how it ends. But yeah, killing Fuuka Akitsuki wasn't good. And then after that, not letting Yuu go with Koyuki was also something I didn't like either. Koyuki still loves him, doesn't she? Why couldn't she have her happiness? At least give her some closure, like maybe with a better guy than Yuu to be with (or if Seo won't give her a better guy, at least give her a decent guy that can keep he happy).

I also don't understand what's up with Mikasa suddenly finding out he loves his female teacher despite always saying at first that he's gay. I have mixed feelings about that. I guess it's just that he's bi, but then some more hints and confirmation for that would've been good.
Old 2018-02-13, 13:30   Link #1224
WingedAccelerator

Yes, Haruto's son. Seo the madman could make the heroine the other Akitsuki daughter, completing the circle.

I think the guy was named Kazama. The thing is, I'm pretty sure Yuzuki went to Tokyo, without telling anything to Haruto. No matter how fucked up it may sound, she should have said the whole story. And if I remember correctly, Yuura's future wife, who had a crush on Kazama, spilled the beans to Yuzuki about the lethal illness. So what if Kazama recovers after the operation? Would Yuzuki still go back to Haruto, after leaving without a single word, and becoming Kazama's girlfriend out of pity? The arc ended with both of the separating from the other. Haruto starts dating Asuka only for... 20 chapters or so, then back to Yuzuki, because somehow everything was fine after that. Seo even made a chapter 3 years later about Asuka asking Haruto why did he choose Yuzuki back then, and Haruto couldn't really say anything. It was fate, Yuzuki was meant to him, or something like that... It's like Seo's way of saying, he intended Yuzuki to win from the start, get over it, Asukafags! Yet Haruto and Yuzuki still had that unnecessary break up at the end of the series just for the sake of drama, then 1 year later, of course, they are reunited. KNIM was over 260 chapters, and that's huge for these type of series. No wonder the last quarter felt dragging, cause almost all of the crucial stuff was already done, so Seo quickly wrapped up the minor characters' story, mixed with his fanservice shenanigans and job hunting.

BTW, apparently Seo did make the usual "pounding" chapters as extras with the anime BD's. There is also one seperate extra with Fuuka Aoi, but don't know when or where did it get published. So my 200th chapter prediction may be dead, but it still happened anyways...
Old 2018-02-13, 13:54   Link #1225
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Rather than seeing something else in the same universe and style, perhaps Seo would be better served trying something new instead.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 16:16   Link #1226
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I still want a story about Haruto and Yuzuki's son, though.

@WingedAccelerator: Yeah, that part you mentioned about Yuzuki not telling Haruto anything and the possibility that Kazama (thanks for reminding me of his name) might be cured was poor writing I guess, but aside from that it's fine. I take consolation in the fact that Yuzuki didn't allow Kazama to do anything to her. And from the way it was written, we could already tell that Kazama wasn't going to be cured. Of course, the characters themselves didn't know that, but yeah. Although maybe Yuzuki was wishing for it so that she could go back to Haruto without too much trouble. The girl who loved Kazama was b*tching too much, though, even though she should understand Yuzuki's circumstances and the fact that she was only with Kazama out of pity and just wanted to go back to Haruto already. The pity part is already bad, though.

What "pounding" chapters are you talking about? Special chapters in Fuuka? Where?
Old 2018-02-13, 16:55   Link #1227
Tenzen12

KNIM was not just bad, it was cancer and most of (if not everything) bad things could be attributed to Yuzuki and Seo effort shoehorn her back into story as love interest. On same Note Haruto was disappointing to return to such person as Eba. Being easily forgiven by everyone afterward is just icing.

As for Fuuka, I never liked Akutsuki x Yuu relationship, Fuuka was decent character but I do think killing her off made story better. It's regrettable that Sera and Koyuki didn't get their turn, but Aoi is certainly more mature character than Akitsuki and her relationship with Yuu is also more balanced.

Still in my headcannon Sera and Yuu get into passionate affair which including even their respective weeding nights

Fuuka is decent work by Seo standard, which might not tell a lot, but there were worse.
Old 2018-02-13, 17:14   Link #1228
DragonOsman
Dragon King

For KNIM, I think Seo just handled it poorly. I'm thinking the original plan was always to have Haruto and Yuzuki hook up in the end.
Old 2018-02-13, 17:35   Link #1229
WingedAccelerator

Now Tenzen reminded me that there was certainly a part, where their friends went "Fuck you two! We are no longer friends!" And somehow after that, even Akari started falling for Haruto...

As for the "pounding", check r/manga news regarding the manga's ending. It's mentioned in the comment section.

Oh, I still think Half&Half is the best from Seo. He didn't chicken out from his rules.
Old 2018-02-13, 17:46   Link #1230
Tenzen12

Half & Half was indeed great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
For KNIM, I think Seo just handled it poorly. I'm thinking the original plan was always to have Haruto and Yuzuki hook up in the end.
Yes, I don't disagree with that. That's why Seo should end story much sooner. Then it could work.
Old 2018-02-13, 18:40   Link #1231
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think he could've done without the whole Kazama thing altogether in that case too. Have them get married after a time-skip after they finally hooked up the first time and end the story right there and then.

Agreed about Half & Half.

@WingedAccelerator: You mean the news about this manga ending in 7 more chapters, right?
Old 2018-02-14, 02:48   Link #1232
WingedAccelerator

"Weekly Shounen Magazine announces ending of Fuuka Manga (Kouji Seo)". This news.
Old 2018-02-14, 02:56   Link #1233
wuhugm
Salted Tiger

^Who's winning?
Old 2018-02-14, 02:58   Link #1234
WingedAccelerator

Fuuka 2.0, of couse.
Old 2018-02-14, 03:31   Link #1235
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Yes, Haruto's son. Seo the madman could make the heroine the other Akitsuki daughter, completing the circle.
And kill that one too? Nah, leave Suzuka's kid alone.

Actually, Seo should just make the world a favor and stop drawing manga altogether. The guy can't write to save his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Fuuka is decent work by Seo standard, which might not tell a lot, but there were worse.
No, it was shit. If he was gonna kill her, Seo shouldn't have involved Fuuka in this shitty manga to begin with. Fuuka was the kid Suzuka dropped her sports career for. Killing her makes the Suzuka manga pointless as a whole. And that was a (slightly) better manga that this piece of shit. Killing her off was a stupid decision, and then he goes full retard and pulls another Fuuka out of his ass to replace the one he killed off. Really Seo? Why don't you replace your brain? Even a monkey brain would be an improvement.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-02-14 at 03:53.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 03:47   Link #1236
wuhugm
Salted Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Fuuka 2.0, of couse.
Aw shuck

There's a foreigner and superstar osananajimi

But Seo just had to pick Fuuka because the title is Fuuka

Old 2018-02-14, 04:51   Link #1237
WingedAccelerator

Yes, and as I mentioned earlier, Yuu even said to Fuuka 2.0 that he won't be falling in love again after the incident... *Sigh* Obvious main love interest is one thing, but I despise it so hard when they make these pretentious statements that didn't even last for 50 chapters and the opposite happens. -.-

Another thing I recalled. Mashima Hiro, the author of Rave Master and Fairy Tail said that he asked Seo on a Christmas party about why did he kill Fuuka? Mashima only said that Seo gave a really surprsing answer, and wondered if he ever gonna tell it to his readers.
Old 2018-02-14, 07:10   Link #1238
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What was the answer, I wonder? And what does Mashima think of the Fuuka manga?
Old 2018-02-14, 07:46   Link #1239
wuhugm
Salted Tiger

^^
^
Probably to make the titular character as a motivation for everyone else despite already dead
While also obscuring the winning heroine

UNTIL Fuuka 2.0 showed up and everything rendered useless
WHY!!??
Non-Fuuka winner was perfectly fine!!!
Old 2018-02-14, 08:48   Link #1240
Tenzen12

It's shame that Aoi happen to be named Fuuka. If she weren't I would be fine with non-Fuuka winner too. I wouldn't be happy if Sera were towin, but then Aoi would have to be removed from story altogether, which would be shame in it's own right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

No, it was shit. If he was gonna kill her, Seo shouldn't have involved Fuuka in this shitty manga to begin with. Fuuka was the kid Suzuka dropped her sports career for. Killing her makes the Suzuka manga pointless as a whole. And that was a (slightly) better manga that this piece of shit. Killing her off was a stupid decision, and then he goes full retard and pulls another Fuuka out of his ass to replace the one he killed off. Really Seo? Why don't you replace your brain? Even a monkey brain would be an improvement.
That's utter nonsense. Suzuka life doesn't revolve around Fuuka alone. Actually even if Fuuka was never born her career would last another few years at most before their son born. Or maybe her career could continue for prize if not having children at all. But you know what? If you asked Suzuka, she wouldn't regret give Fuuka life. I feel for her loss, but she still has loving family to stand by her and that's something she gained from events of her manga.

On same note, it wouldn't change much even if manga weren't called Fuuka and Aoi had different name. Aoi is her own person. She is also better match to Yuu, which is actually pretty important story wise.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2018-02-14 at 08:59.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, music, romance, seo being seo, seo kouji, shounen, tragedy