AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-28, 06:25   Link #1341
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Why is Guilty Crown broadcasted in the noitaminA slot? It feels and looks pretty much like a high budget shonen series. I am not saying it is bad, but it could have been broadcasted at any slot and probably do good, and leaving the slot for something different.
The regular noitaminAish animus doesn't sell as good as the channel wants. -> more anime for teens.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:43   Link #1342
miketyson

I'm just going to put this out there: any one else guessing that there's going to be a "you pull it, you own it" rule for voids?

EG: the first person to pull your void becomes the only person who can pull out your void, so at this point Inori really does belong to the MC (along with Daryl and a lot of the classmates)?

From a story construction standpoint it's a mixed blessing -- you lose out on some possibilities -- but it'd fit really well with Inori and especially Gai's behavior in these early episodes.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 07:45   Link #1343
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hahaha, I LOVED the end of the episode. Serves him right. How could he so dumb as to trust the word of a guy who revealed to him not a minute ago that he had constructed a fake facade and that he is not as harmless as everybody thinks (read: he's an asshole)? Granted, I don't think killing him was a good solution either, but he should have never blindly put his faith in him. And why does Inori and Gai trust Shu's judgement? Inori, I can understand since she's got about as much personality as a Rei clone, but not Gai.

Glad they explained Gai can see voids. That's one thing out of the way. It's good they provided more explanations about the Voids too. It turns out, they can only be pulled out of people younger than 17, why am I not surprised?
I'm curious to find out the reason.

The rest of the episode was pretty much entirely filled with facepalm worthy moments. It's still enjoyable nonetheless once you accept it as a pop corn anime. I excepted a lot more from this series but I'll have to take what I can get.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:49   Link #1344
AzureWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And why does Inori and Gai trust Shu's judgement? Inori, I can understand since she's got about as much personality as a Rei clone, but not Gai.
I instantly thought Gai let it happen since he knew what was going to happen. That smirk told all for me.

Anyway, I too am wondering why Gai can see voids. With so much of the evolution/ natural selection motif, this really doesn't make sense. There is almost no reason for a human to evolve such a power. In all other worlds, this would be useless. So Gai just happened to develop a power that is so convenient for the show....?
Old 2011-10-28, 08:54   Link #1345
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
I instantly thought Gai let it happen since he knew what was going to happen. That smirk told all for me.

Anyway, I too am wondering why Gai can see voids. With so much of the evolution/ natural selection motif, this really doesn't make sense. There is almost no reason for a human to evolve such a power. In all other worlds, this would be useless. So Gai just happened to develop a power that is so convenient for the show....?
Unless he was experimented on and has a Genome that lets him do that. Or it could be an after effect of surviving the virus mentioned in episode 1?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 09:37   Link #1346
shibakun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
I really hope it ends up as this so that good natured Shu can open his eyes a bit to the harsh reality that he can't go back to his normal school days. This boy ought to be more responsible for his new power!
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 09:38   Link #1347
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Yeah... Shu.... you're not that bright, are you?
Guess it's time for Gai to rescue his sorry ass and have him join the Undertakers.

Just as keikaku, of course.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 09:55   Link #1348
revive4563

Well, Inori (prayer) is super pretty. It's plenty reason to see this.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 10:22   Link #1349
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Nope, F/Z not even registered yet in amazon. And its gonna released in straight BD-Box format.
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Probably taking about Gundam AGE, lol.
Yes I was referring to Gundam AGE which was #691 at the time of my post, currently it's.. uh... 1038... I was thinking it was ranking poorly since it's target audience really doesn't buy dvds/blurays.. I mean look @ the sales of Naruto, Toriko, Bleach etc. But than I saw the audience breakdown... And speaking of Fate/Zero the BD Boxset got solicited and it shot straight to #1 and hasn't moved since. No surprise since the light novel/vn fanbase alone is enough to do that if they all ordered asap. Need to see some staying power before you consider it a massive success.

And I was right about Episode 3 putting Guilty Crown back into the Top 100, $91 atm compared to Hagani's #111. I can't really see Hagani not selling 10k... so good signs for GC at this stage in that regard.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 10:25   Link #1350
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Protagonist's emo moments are still kind of pissing me off. Why doesn't he wonder what to do or what the others are trying to do instead of sulking.

I like the antagonist though, so will keep on watching.
Old 2011-10-28, 10:42   Link #1351
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Shu just doesn't get better as a protagonist. I don't think I'll be watching this anymore. I might read blog entries in case it gets better, but the third episode was equally worthless. I hope this show does some really surreal things examining the characters' psyches like Evangelion did.

I can't understand why the protagonist spent the rest of the day in a deep depression after being called a moron by some idiot who takes offense to saying a girl looks like CG. And if Inori is such a famous starlet, then why doesn't the GHQ have a warrant out for her arrest? It's just a dumb show. Done.

Last edited by Toto y Moi; 2011-10-28 at 11:13.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:29   Link #1352
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Non-Inori Fanart! Woohoo!

Spoiler for :
Artist: infinote
Man, she looks a lot more mature in this. Given that she's the only main female character with any attitude or self-worth, I might be a fan of hers soon.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 13:02   Link #1353
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Protagonist's emo moments are still kind of pissing me off. Why doesn't he wonder what to do or what the others are trying to do instead of sulking.
I'm no enemy of angst. There's many good reasons why he should be angsting, but him going emo from a slight from his classmate when taking matters into context was overwrought. As in, I can understand, but not how big of a deal he makes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Man, she looks a lot more mature in this. Given that she's the only main female character with any attitude or self-worth, I might be a fan of hers soon.
Yea. I'd be inclined to agree. Given Tsugumi doesn't have much development either, but at least she has life in her. And looks just as hot.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 13:16   Link #1354
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was an okay episode I guess. As mentioned there are some numerous cracks in the story again and we see a mustache twirling villian again. I didn't really laugh at any of the comical moments either...

...Actually it was a pretty rubbish episode now that I think about it. The twist at the end is what saved it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:10   Link #1355
ookamigirl

Inori as a new classmate & house invader.. this should make things more lively.
The school incident was pretty LOL
Shu sure worked hard to find that Void.. but betrayal is something that hurts the most.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:14   Link #1356
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I'm no enemy of angst. There's many good reasons why he should be angsting, but him going emo from a slight from his classmate when taking matters into context was overwrought. As in, I can understand, but not how big of a deal he makes it.
Actually I can totally sympathise with that since I have a problem with constantly reviewing things that go wrong after they happen. And just like in this case I forget about them afterwards. He's not angsting or being an emo. He's just a worrywort.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:15   Link #1357
zero7090

meh shounen boy wanting to find the mole so he just random charge into people and take out their void with couple of screaming and lighting effect. Look like the main lead done a good job for a stealth mission.

let throw away your common sense and enjoy those delicious legs. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:21   Link #1358
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Actually I can totally sympathise with that since I have a problem with constantly reviewing things that go wrong after they happen. And just like in this case I forget about them afterwards. He's not angsting or being an emo. He's just a worrywort.
Well, in any case he was pissing me off. I mean I get overwrought over errors too, but the manner it was portrayed just didn't allow me to care.

But then it might just be because I care about nobody in this anime aside from Gai, so I am unable to take any of their emotions seriously. I consider myself to have a very high threshold for "emo" aka unwarranted angst I can't take seriously. One of my favorite anime involves a protagonist moping around in his own world for a good chunk of the time, and another had melodramatic crying every few episodes, after all.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:47   Link #1359
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

pretty hilarious episode after he figured out what technique to use. haha. you could see most of the ep from a mile away though. it was probably all foreseen by Gai to teach Shu a lesson.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:55   Link #1360
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
It's hard to keep up with this series. I am on the verge of dropping it.

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig