AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-09-25, 13:11   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well, I guess the wait for Railgun F begins now .

Certainly a solid finish. In the end the question of souls remains up in the air as it should be. Decent argument she has one since I doubt her consciousness was just happening to be loaded into that small part of her that was transplanted. But you never know.

At least we finally got a grasp on what Doppelganger was trying to do in the first place. Not that her efforts or goals were harmless. She did have the willingness to get her hands dirty and kill a certain number of people to reach her goal of oblivion.

As the Scavenger situation...wait Seike is a guy!? Well there you go. No idea on the superhero thing. I get Red being the Leader. But honestly only vaguely remember the days of seeing Power Rangers and so I'm not rock solid on the color relations to personalities. But wouldn't Yakumaru be blue? Isn't that supposed to be the clever one? Would think the individual handling chemicals would fit that role pretty well. Oh well, probably not something to think too hard about .

Good for the Dolly trio. Even though at least one of them should probably have gone to jail by now...
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 13:43   Link #102
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for final thoughts:
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 15:35   Link #103
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
As the Scavenger situation...wait Seike is a guy!? Well there you go. No idea on the superhero thing. I get Red being the Leader. But honestly only vaguely remember the days of seeing Power Rangers and so I'm not rock solid on the color relations to personalities. But wouldn't Yakumaru be blue? Isn't that supposed to be the clever one? Would think the individual handling chemicals would fit that role pretty well. Oh well, probably not something to think too hard about .
Yeah, he commented on having a package when he thought Mikoto was a boy .
Quote:
Good for the Dolly trio. Even though at least one of them should probably have gone to jail by now...
Kuroko bashed her face in. In this universe that's usually enough punishment to get someone to change their ways .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 16:25   Link #104
Top Sergeant
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: By that dark and bloody river called Ohio.
Age: 55
Good series. The ED music reminded me of Your Name even though it clearly was not performed by RADWIMPS.
__________________
The sword that takes life gives life.
-Japanese proverb
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 16:31   Link #105
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gakuen Toshi
Wow, this series was great 9/10 from me. I was glad to see 10032 and Dolly again. The clones really have got to get names.
__________________
https://cdn-forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211712_1.gif
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 17:06   Link #106
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 45
This show pretty much saved the season for me, since all the other shows I was watching underperformed my expectations. I hope we get more Railgun in the near future this time around.
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 21:00   Link #107
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Kongo becoming friends with Mikoto's Sister and even naming her was so adorable. It was a nice way of bringing this season full-circle .
Literally the kind of scene I've been waiting for for like 10 years now. I kept hating how the Sisters were so important, but Mikoto never seemed to do anything to try to integrate them into her social circle or give them any sort of human interaction beyond doctors and Touma.

As such, Kongou has shot up my personal ranking chart. I really didn't care for her from the first two seasons, but this season (between Daihaseisai and this scene now) have solidly placed her at #2 after Mikoto herself.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 21:11   Link #108
Primary Consult
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 36
Was not expecting Mikoto to accommodate Doppleganger's wish... illustrates the difference between her (realist) and Touma (only option is saving the girl / 'reforming' the enemy) pretty well.

The events of Astral Buddy manga humorously tied into the ending here, heh. Misaki missed the opportunity to tease Kuroko by mentioning Mikoto's, uh, grabbing and critiquing incident from ep 21.

I did not expect Kongou to get friendly with a clone before Kuroko, but I guess Mikoto has to start somewhere!

Leader did not look thrilled at getting their rank restored... perhaps she found helping Mikoto more fulfilling than dark side work.

Speaking of, I love how much this season delved in the dark side. Kamachi mentioned in a tweet today that Railgun is to the dark side what Touma is to the Magic side, which bodes well for the future! Mikoto seems to have met more dark side people than anyone else: all of GROUP (before they were GROUP) by Index Season 2, ITEM minus Hamazura, MEMBER minus Professor [Saraku was one of BLAU's customers in ep 16], Scavenger.

Misaki's seamless operation on both dark (Keitz) and light (clique) sides was also fun to see. Mikoto might need to learn from her if things keep going in this direction, as Saten and Kuroko have had several near death experiences wandering into the darkside while Misaki keeps her clique safely out of it. Perhaps Mikoto needs to "adopt" Scavenger for more risky missions?

This episode, and season as a whole, was fantastic, and a perfect note to end this round of To Aru series on. I can see why they save Railgun for last!
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 01:31   Link #109
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Literally the kind of scene I've been waiting for for like 10 years now. I kept hating how the Sisters were so important, but Mikoto never seemed to do anything to try to integrate them into her social circle or give them any sort of human interaction beyond doctors and Touma.

As such, Kongou has shot up my personal ranking chart. I really didn't care for her from the first two seasons, but this season (between Daihaseisai and this scene now) have solidly placed her at #2 after Mikoto herself.
That's why I want either a Great Detective Kongo or a Raijin/Fuujin team up spin-off.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 03:43   Link #110
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Was not expecting Mikoto to accommodate Doppleganger's wish... illustrates the difference between her (realist) and Touma (only option is saving the girl / 'reforming' the enemy) pretty well.

The events of Astral Buddy manga humorously tied into the ending here, heh. Misaki missed the opportunity to tease Kuroko by mentioning Mikoto's, uh, grabbing and critiquing incident from ep 21.

I did not expect Kongou to get friendly with a clone before Kuroko, but I guess Mikoto has to start somewhere!

Leader did not look thrilled at getting their rank restored... perhaps she found helping Mikoto more fulfilling than dark side work.

Speaking of, I love how much this season delved in the dark side. Kamachi mentioned in a tweet today that Railgun is to the dark side what Touma is to the Magic side, which bodes well for the future! Mikoto seems to have met more dark side people than anyone else: all of GROUP (before they were GROUP) by Index Season 2, ITEM minus Hamazura, MEMBER minus Professor [Saraku was one of BLAU's customers in ep 16], Scavenger.

Misaki's seamless operation on both dark (Keitz) and light (clique) sides was also fun to see. Mikoto might need to learn from her if things keep going in this direction, as Saten and Kuroko have had several near death experiences wandering into the darkside while Misaki keeps her clique safely out of it. Perhaps Mikoto needs to "adopt" Scavenger for more risky missions?

This episode, and season as a whole, was fantastic, and a perfect note to end this round of To Aru series on. I can see why they save Railgun for last!
I don't think there's that much that Mikoto can learn from Shokuhou in all honesty. It's a lot easier to keep people out of things when you can just mind control them to do whatever you want. Not like her clique seems very useful for anything beyond light harassment against people with enough morals to not hurt them in the first place. And she can just mind control people already on the wrong side of a situation so she's always got fresh troops.

I suppose Mikoto could threaten more people to cooperate with her, but those aren't very reliable allegiances . That is the difference between friends and slaves. Mikoto can't stop her friends from getting into things since they are their own people. But she can rely on them and trust them. Trust being something that Shokuhou doesn't have a lot of.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 04:10   Link #111
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not like her clique seems very useful for anything beyond light harassment against people with enough morals to not hurt them in the first place.
Most of them aren't, but Junko (the one who was with her in this episode) is very capable.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 10:51   Link #112
Side-streetdog
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
It's interesting to see Misaka called Kuroko in this event
In manga she just lets Scavenger help in that scene
This probably because of event in Silent party arc, but I think this is better
And 10032 and Kongo scene make anime Misaka a lot more open to her friend than in manga

I don't know why they decide to changed it this way
Probably Railgun ss4 will have original arc?
I don't mind that as I always like filter episodes in Railgun
It let's us know more about Academy city and got me into Toaru series in the first place

Just hope we don't have to wait too long for next season
__________________
Side-streetdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 00:36   Link #113
Cosmic Eagle
花の魔術師
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Regardless of reasoning it remain fact that franchise would be better with Frenda then it is without her. So yes its waste.
Same as Rakko TBH......Vol 15 killing off far too many good characters. In this case retroactively since we knew absolutely nothing about Rakko back then lol. Won't be surprised if it was revealed Frenda was the one who did her in, in the end.

It's like Kamachi wants to turn Battle Royale arc into a character-offing meme or something
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.