AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2020-10-19, 17:26   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 993 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's get this ball rolling! Very brief spoiler is out, courtesy of Redon and co. from AP:

-Chapter title is "Wano Country's Dream". In the ministory, Lola and Gotti get married.

-The people in the Flower Capital are celebrating the festival. During the festivities, it's revealed that the citizens secretly fear Orochi, so they're happy when he leaves on his annual trip to Onigashima. They dream of the day when the Kouzuki clan rises to overthrow the current regime and liberate Wano....

-Back to Onigashima, we learn the effects of Queen's special bullets. They're known as the Plague Bullet: Ice Ogre! True to their name, the bullets turn people into ice-covered oni (or ogres) who spread the affliction when they bite others! Downstairs, Luffy and Sanji are making their way to the roof when they encounter a Gifter with a literal gorilla for an arm!! Sanji gets ready to take on the new foe when the gorilla man is instantly taken out by Jinbei! Though Sanji is upset with the helmsman for upstaging him (heh), the trio decide to head for the roof together.

-Elsewhere, Bao Huang (that one servant of Kaidou's with the flying squirrel SMILE,) is surveying the battlefield through a talisman covering a cat's face, and informs King she found Momonosuke. The all-star orders the Tobi Roppou to kill the boy, and it's Sasaki who's first to the scene! His men shoot at Shinobu, who gets wounded carrying Momo, but when one of Sasaki's men pounces at them to make a melee strike, the both of them are protected by Yamato, who takes out the enemy! Now, Kaidou's "son" must face off against Sasaki and his armored squadron....!!!

-Back on the roof, Kaidou recovers from the Scabbards' joint assault. He tells them he saw Oden's shadow behind their attacks, and would have accepted being slain by their hand.... however, they're still nowhere near as strong as their deceased master, whose wound he never recovered from. He then says they aren't strong enough to kill him, and unleashes wind blades with his breath! One of the blades slice off Kiku's arm, as Izou watches on in shock.....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2020-10-23 at 11:54.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-19, 22:10   Link #2
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

maybe BIG MOM came out to help Kaidou? hence the shocked expression
Old 2020-10-20, 10:34   Link #3
marvelB

Some more info's out, so summary updated! And.... well, now it's quite clear where Izou's shock comes from....
Old 2020-10-20, 17:03   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not that often we see that kind of injury on panel in One Piece. There was Shanks in the first chapter of course, but beyond that, I don't remember a lot of arms flying (logia excepted).
Old 2020-10-21, 01:30   Link #5
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I don't think anything would top Sakazuki melting half of Newgate's face off, but this comes really close. I wonder if with this chapter we're finally close to the end of the third act?
Old 2020-10-21, 11:54   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

we're gonna see this from Izou LOL

Old 2020-10-21, 13:28   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not that often we see that kind of injury on panel in One Piece. There was Shanks in the first chapter of course, but beyond that, I don't remember a lot of arms flying (logia excepted).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I don't think anything would top Sakazuki melting half of Newgate's face off, but this comes really close.
So.... did you guys already forget about Kaidou lopping off Orochi's head just a few chapters ago? Granted, the shogun is pretty much guaranteed to survive that anyway thanks to his DF (7 spare heads and all), but I'd still say that was a pretty graphic scene.... I mean, there was even blood!

But yeah, it's looking like Kiku's in a real pinch, indeed. And this may only be the prologue to a great tragedy, if we take Oda's previous hints into account....
Old 2020-10-22, 23:36   Link #8
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not unless Law is around.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-23, 12:10   Link #9
marvelB

Well, there's no full English translation yet (official or otherwise), but at least there's a summary + scans in other languages in the meantime! Man, I thought SMILE users looked goofy enough when we had Holdem and that hippo guy.... but holy crap, this gorilla dude! Also, I guess Jinbei counts as Sanji's next rival now? I see I was also spot-on about Queen's bullets being "plague" bullets, rather than merely being made of sea stone. I guess Chopper will find a cure for them like he did at Udon, though. As for Yamato, it looks like it's time to see what she's fully capable of, if Sasaki is her opponent... hopefully, that means the match will stick and not get off-screened. And back to the Scabbards, this may spell the beginning of the end for them.... but I'm kinda more curious if this means we'll finally see Kaidou strike back in hybrid form (at least, before Luffy reaches him)....?
Old 2020-10-23, 16:25   Link #10
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Damn it... If only it was Zoro and Sanji bickers instead of Luffy and Sanji.

Come to think about it, we haven't seen Zoro, Law, or even Eustass Kid. Kid could be occupied with Apoo, but I just wondering where Zoro went and who will be his opponent.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-23, 18:25   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So they were plague bullets, after all. Not sure why Drake was so shocked since it's kind of Queen's specialty. Those turn people into zombies apparently, and I'm not sure it's such a good idea to fire them in a place where Queen has plenty of allies too.
Old 2020-10-24, 17:38   Link #12
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I was more like Queen use that to "motivate" those who run away or don't want to fight.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 10:46   Link #13
Zolton

The opening segment with the festival could've been shorter. Although I think that if it was, I'd still be complaining about it being there at all. Guess I just don't like cutting away from the battle, with this and earlier with Black Maria singing (cause a goddamn elite fighter in a Yonko's crew has nothing better to do at a time like this).

The scene where Yamato confronted Sasaki feels familiar; wasn't the dialogue exactly the same as in an earlier scene? "Yamato, why are you acting against us?" "Because it's time for me to fight on the Kozuki side!" Two characters I don't care about are going to fight offpanel. I can't help but laugh. And one of Sasaki's goons was Zoro's opponent not too long ago. Why didn't you finish him off, Zoro?

Queen's ice zombie bullets are weird but okay. We know nobody important is going to be infected anyway. And if they are, Chopper and Law are nearby. Would be funny if Queen ended up being defeated by his own bullets though.

Back to Scabbards vs. Kaido. Predictably, Oden's attack barely scratched him, although I'm not sure why Kaido is saying it couldn't open his old wound when it's bleeding. And wouldn't the wound heal in 20 years anyway? Then he shows a new attack, and Kiku's arm goes chop along with the sword. That's one Scabbard down, eight to go.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 12:56   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
Back to Scabbards vs. Kaido. Predictably, Oden's attack barely scratched him, although I'm not sure why Kaido is saying it couldn't open his old wound when it's bleeding. And wouldn't the wound heal in 20 years anyway? Then he shows a new attack, and Kiku's arm goes chop along with the sword. That's one Scabbard down, eight to go.
Kaido saying that while we could plainly see the wound bleeding profusely got a chuckle out of me. I guess he meant it in a metaphorical way, although with all the Oden PTSD flashbacks he's been having, his statement still doesn't hold much weight.
Old 2020-10-26, 03:26   Link #15
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 993
The arch is dragging on far to long. Has for the seven I am not surprised that they can't defeat Kaidou. Also have you ever noticed when Sanji argues with his own crew mate it means he is weaker then they are. Good example Zoro through out the whole series and now Jimbi and Luffy.

Straw Hats vs. Kaidou
If its comes down to that it will be Luffy, Zoro, and Jimbi. Has for Zoro and Jimbi I wonder what the extent of there haki is? Jimbi and Zoro strike me has advance users of the Busoshoku Haki. Since the seven are not strong enough it will be Luffy, Zoro, and jimbi vs. Kaidou.

I wonder if Oden is alive? Wild conspiracy!!!
I know he died in the boiling pot but I wonder if he survived. The reason I ask this is have you ever noticed when a pirate takes over a Kingdom the royalty still survive. Vivi and her father (Nefertari Cobra) were alive the whole time during the battle with Crocodile in the Alabasta arch. Dressrosa Arch King Riku survived has a gladiator in the ring. Kyros raised his daughter has a toy soldier. Rebecca survived and did the same thing has King Riku in a disguise to win the Mera Mera fruit.

Now we find out both of Kozuki Oden's kids live are there coincidence in this world?
-Maybe King (one of Kaidou's all stars) is Oden.
-Oden if he survived would be burned up, and King is covered head to toe.
-King is the only one to have a sword among the All-Stars.
-Also if Oden were to survive from the boiling pot and a shot to the head then it would have to be a Zoan fruit that could bring him back from the wounds he suffered.
-Lets also throw in the idea that he lost his memory from the bullet to the head and Kaidou turned him into one of his All stars.
-If there is any questions about 20 years ago with King attacking Wano with Kaidou will chalk that up to Kozuki Toki's time fruit.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-26, 12:48   Link #16
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

The counter attack is started

The samurai is doing well but now all the promised matchup would start..
Quite sure that Luffy need to beat at least one of Kaidou's big underling before facing Kaidou for real.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-26, 18:25   Link #17
Rainbowman

Interesting to see an ability to turn people into Frost Giants (Ice Oni/Ogres).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-26, 20:19   Link #18
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
The counter attack is started

The samurai is doing well but now all the promised matchup would start..
Quite sure that Luffy need to beat at least one of Kaidou's big underling before facing Kaidou for real.
All-Stars or the Sweet Commanders whats the difference?
Since Big Mama is here will you accept the defeat of two Sweet Commanders (Katakuri and Cracker)? They are just like the Kaidou's All-star. When you compare them they are in all respect same structure. Katakuri(1,057,000,000 Beli)=King, Smoothie (932,000,000 Beli)=Queen, and Cracker(860,000,000 Beli)=the Sadly defeated Jack.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 09:48   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Has for the seven
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Since the seven
Uh, pretty sure you mean nine, buddy.