AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-05-13, 08:21   Link #24101
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
The "Comic Anthology" is out, which is a collection of 13 stories drawn by 13 different Artists.
Preview Here: https://bookwalker.jp/debc44e630-eda...-5f6bb48334b6/
I picked it up. It was pretty interesting, though I wouldn't consider any of it canon. I'd say it takes more inspiration from the anime than the light novels, and it more or less keeps to the timeline of season 1. The stories were entertaining. Myuu gets some cute moments, and there's also a bit more fanservice than usual mixed in.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 19:28   Link #24102
cyberdemon

Whatís the deal with the release date of volume 12? Itís so far out
Old 2021-06-01, 05:55   Link #24103
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Whatís the deal with the release date of volume 12? Itís so far out
If you mean the date on 7Seas, not really sure about that
LN v12 haven't been released yet (or for that matter Author haven't started working on it yet) in Japan, so 7Seas posting a release date is odd.
Also, the release date of 7Seas is for the "Physical Copy", which releases later than Digital version.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-01, 14:26   Link #24104
borisdrakoni

Quote:
If you mean the date on 7Seas, not really sure about that
LN v12 haven't been released yet (or for that matter Author haven't started working on it yet) in Japan, so 7Seas posting a release date is odd.
Also, the release date of 7Seas is for the "Physical Copy", which releases later than Digital version.
Seven Seas' date is just an arbitrary placeholder so that they can take preorders for popular works. It would be updated when an actual release date is determined, but they don't know any better than we do when it's coming out right now. Zero volume 5 doesn't even have a preorder page even though it's already been out for over a month in Japan.
Old 2021-06-08, 16:16   Link #24105
cyberdemon

Finally caught up to volume 11. Now to hope 12 is released soon
Old 2021-06-09, 05:57   Link #24106
Huh...?

Quote:
Finally caught up to volume 11. Now to hope 12 is released soon
Doubt that would happen, since Zero LN v05 was released sometime ago, and Zero LN v06 is already finished by Author (it already had a release date, but was delayed with no dates for some reason).
And Author haven't started working on the next LN volume yet (since he always mentions that as a note during his WN Chapter releases).
In short, don't expect LN v12 before 2022 (atleast the English version)

Old 2021-06-09, 16:35   Link #24107
darkofficer
just a devil

Is the abyssarc still ongoing ?

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 17:32   Link #24108
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
Is the abyssarc still ongoing ?
Yes, it is. The previous abyssgate arcs had both between twenty and thirty chapters, the current one is still on its ninth chapters so it may be still a while until its end.
Old 2021-06-10, 06:08   Link #24109
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Yes, it is. The previous abyssgate arcs had both between twenty and thirty chapters, the current one is still on its ninth chapters so it may be still a while until its end.
From the looks of it, its going to be finished earlier though (doubt it would reach the same chapter number as previous arcs, if the pacing and plot flow stays same and nothing extra is added), unless the current plot is a small part of the whole arc.

Old 2021-06-14, 11:18   Link #24110
cyberdemon

Quote:
Doubt that would happen, since Zero LN v05 was released sometime ago, and Zero LN v06 is already finished by Author (it already had a release date, but was delayed with no dates for some reason).
And Author haven't started working on the next LN volume yet (since he always mentions that as a note during his WN Chapter releases).
In short, don't expect LN v12 before 2022 (atleast the English version)
I wonder if the delay in volume 12 is because the author is trying to finish Zero first.
Old 2021-06-15, 05:49   Link #24111
Huh...?

Quote:
I wonder if the delay in volume 12 is because the author is trying to finish Zero first.
Technically its not really a delay, since its only been 11+ months since v11 was released. Also the gap between v10 & v11 was 13 months.
In my opinion, the close we get to the climax/end of the series, the longer the release gap (unless Author wants to wrap up things quick which he tried to do with Zero LN, but then delayed the release of LN v06).

Old 2021-06-15, 08:12   Link #24112
Silvertail

Why do some authors put huge gaps between volume releases? They didn't do so a first, but down the line they started taking longer to release the next volume. It's like with Infinite Stratos, it's been over 3 years since the last volume released and the next one is suppose to be the last. I know the worlds in a bad place right now, but is that really affecting their work?
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 12:12   Link #24113
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
Why do some authors put huge gaps between volume releases? They didn't do so a first, but down the line they started taking longer to release the next volume. It's like with Infinite Stratos, it's been over 3 years since the last volume released and the next one is suppose to be the last. I know the worlds in a bad place right now, but is that really affecting their work?
It's not usually up to the authors. Of course, something could always happen to an author to cause delays such as health issues or other personal matters, but in general the release schedule is determined by the publisher. The author's only real responsibility is to meet the deadlines set for them.

Overlap didn't have nearly as many titles under their umbrella back when Arifureta first started printing, so the fact that we used to get 2-3 volumes per year wasn't all that strange. These days, however, they have expanded their catalog significantly, so the books are more spread out. They also tend to strategically plan their releases so that they will coincide with the release of related media. For instance, they might schedule a new LN volume to come out at the same time as the new manga volume is ready to be printed. Based on their past trends, I could easily see Overlap planning a big Arifureta release in December since season 2 will air the following month.
Old 2021-06-15, 12:30   Link #24114
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ Expanding a little on this, delays can also occur due to logistical problems such as something happening with the printing company or if there's issues with the illustrator where the illustrator has an issue on their end or the illustrator suddenly has to be changed for some reason. That last example has happened multiple times before in the industry and in many of those cases, has resulted in the series being stuck in limbo for anywhere from months to years depending on how sudden the change is (such as if it's because the previous illustrator suddenly died) and/or how fast it can be resolved.
Old 2021-06-16, 19:14   Link #24115
cyberdemon

Anyone get the feeling that through time travel shenanigans that Hajime will turn out to be Myu’s biological father?
Old 2021-06-16, 20:24   Link #24116
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Anyone get the feeling that through time travel shenanigans that Hajime will turn out to be Myuís biological father?
Considering how dead set Myuu is on joining the harem, I'd say the chances for such a development are pretty slim. That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if some more time travel elements found their way into the story at some point since they also factored pretty heavily in Tales of Phantasia, which served as a major reference for Arifureta's world setting.
Old 2021-06-17, 01:12   Link #24117
RDNexus

Phantasia?
What other stories did inspire him?

You can download it here. Feedback is welcome. I hope you like it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 05:26   Link #24118
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Considering how dead set Myuu is on joining the harem, I'd say the chances for such a development are pretty slim. That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if some more time travel elements found their way into the story at some point since they also factored pretty heavily in Tales of Phantasia, which served as a major reference for Arifureta's world setting.
Well it would be a good way to develop Remia and put the brakes on Myu. Even if it is based on Hikaru Genji, it is disturbing.
Old 2021-06-17, 08:18   Link #24119
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if some more time travel elements found their way into the story at some point since they also factored pretty heavily in Tales of Phantasia, which served as a major reference for Arifureta's world setting.
But until now, only that Special Chapter in the "Short Story Collection" Volume had a chapter relating to 'meeting across time' aspect

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magic, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel