AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-02-12, 05:26   Link #61
Chichiryuushintei

@Osman: If DxD's power was actually infinite, having a part of it negated wouldn't matter. Infinite is infinite.

Both Triaina and CCQ were unlocked when he was exhausted, but still were at full capacity.

@Hk: Depends on what you consider tension. Ise VS Sairaorg was the most tense fight in the series, and there was no chance of death there.

Besides, this is that kind of series. The good guys always wins.
Old 2016-02-12, 09:01   Link #62
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
I think we can all agree, regardless of our standings, that the next volume won't have any real tension (apart from Azazel probably dying) since we all know it's gonna end well for everyone involved in the 'light side' (how ironic considering demons are considered "black")
In the grand scheme of things there might not be any worry, but tension can be created just by the situation they're in and immersing yourself in it. I doubt Ishi's going to go the bland and predictable route here. He avoided that really well in v20.
Old 2016-02-12, 11:19   Link #63
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Chris: We were told that Rose had been developing that sealing spell over the years up until now, so I don't think it's still the same as it was when she was a kid. It's a sealing spell specifically meant to seal Trihexa that she's constantly been developing while studying Trihexa (but how she studied I don't know).

But yeah, there's still the chance that it could fail to completely seal it.

@Chichi: Ophis' power was absorbed by Samael, wasn't it?
Old 2016-02-12, 11:22   Link #64
Chichiryuushintei

Samael poisoned Ophis. He didn't just take some of it.
Old 2016-02-12, 13:45   Link #65
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but now Ophis has about half of her power or so. It's entirely possible that even though Ophis is said to be infinite, her power is really just so great that it seems infinite.
Old 2016-02-12, 14:36   Link #66
Chichiryuushintei

It was never said how weak it is compared to its Prime. Just that it feels really weak, and that was before it helped revive Ise. Again, poison.

With all the build-up around it, from everyone, including the Kings of Exposition Azazel and Ddraig? Yeah, No.

Anyway, it doesn't matter whether Ophis was actually infinite or not (I, at least, was talking about only DxD mode), the point is: DxD's power isn't Infinite, and neither is it even close to Prime Ophis.
Old 2016-02-12, 18:01   Link #67
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well ... you just brought up the reason why I doubt the whole resealing scenario is actually going to work - at least in the form that you presented.

The reason is ... because it all sounds too easy and convenient and at least to me, would be a little anticlimactic way to end this arc.

Of course I'm aware that the actual realization of this scenario is definitely more difficult then it sounds to be ... but honestly I don't expect that Rosswisse's spell to actually completely work on resealing Trihexa since it sounds too good that something that she has developed when she was younger and wasn't even aware of Trihexa's actual existence would work completely well without any side effects appearing.

In fact I'm more willing to bet that it's going to have some effect on reducing Trihexa's power, but after using it some other side effects are going to appear as well ... causing the DxD team to have to revise their initial plan ... on the scene...
I agree with this, it would simply be anticlimatic if the battle against Trihexa is resolved just using the back up plan of Rose's seal and a few heavy hitters to distract him.

Most likely the seal doesn't work for some reason but weakens Trihexa down enough to fight or something along those lines.

I doubt we can predict how Trihexa is defeated from what we know now, it will likely be in a very unexpected way, typically during the climax of the arc the author throws a curve ball into the mix and surprises us with how the big monster falls, a perfect example being how Ise fused with Great Red to defeat the Jabberwaki.

Edit: Maybe Ise recharges using every member of his harems oppai power and reenters DxD mode and vaporizes Trihexa using the Infinite Great Red Longinus Oppai Smasher.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 18:38   Link #68
Chichiryuushintei

That'd be even worse. Even Shiva can't destroy the thing, Ise being able to do it in anyway, under any circumstances would just feel wrong.

If Ise needs to have anything to do with Trihexa's defeat, I'd prefer that they use his lust as fuel to the seal or something. Him being able to defeat it? Yeah, no.
Old 2016-02-12, 18:47   Link #69
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
That'd be even worse. Even Shiva can't destroy the thing, Ise being able to do it in anyway, under any circumstances would just feel wrong.

If Ise needs to have anything to do with Trihexa's defeat, I'd prefer that they use his lust as fuel to the seal or something. Him being able to defeat it? Yeah, no.
I was joking genius.

Of course that won't happen, it will probably be a team effort to bring down Trihexa.
Old 2016-02-12, 18:53   Link #70
Chichiryuushintei

Yes, because it's super easy to know that through text.
Old 2016-02-12, 18:56   Link #71
saw2097

Quote:
Yes, because it's super easy to know that through text.
It was such a absurd idea that I didn't think anyone was gullible enough to not realize it was a joke.
Old 2016-02-12, 19:36   Link #72
Chichiryuushintei

It's the internet. I've seen a lot worse ideas. Yours is actually reasonable by comparison.
Old 2016-02-12, 19:52   Link #73
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. That and, again, on the Internet, with just text, it's not always that easy to tell seriousness apart from joking or whatnot.
Old 2016-02-12, 20:11   Link #74
saw2097

Quote:
It's the internet. I've seen a lot worse ideas. Yours is actually reasonable by comparison.
It takes something pretty outrageous to be dumber than that.
Old 2016-02-12, 20:24   Link #75
Chichiryuushintei

Pfft, please. This one wouldn't make the Top 100 Dumbest Things Ever Said.

And I guess we should stop it here. This is awfully off-topic, and I think we all got our points across already.
Old 2016-02-12, 21:57   Link #76
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

I'm bringing the vol. 21 talk from the EX thread over to here.

Short teaser.

There's almost no new info from this (just like vol. 20's preview was), but a few key choice of words leads to some interesting speculation.

Spoiler:

We should be getting the quotes in a week or less.

Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2016-02-12, 22:44   Link #77
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post

Short teaser.

There's almost no new info from this (just like vol. 20's preview was), but a few key choice of words leads to some interesting speculation.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Speculation:
More like don't take away my ponytail dragon loli ;_;
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 23:02   Link #78
Chris38

Quote:

Short teaser.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Speculation:
Spoiler for Re:volume 21 speculations:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 23:13   Link #79
B214

Volume 21 will be darker than usual so Ophis dying might happen even if it's a little chance.

By the way Ishibumi mentioned that Volume 21 will be very similar to Volume 12 in which the guys will have more spotlight than the girl.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 00:40   Link #80
cyberdemon

Quote:

Short teaser.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Speculation:
Isn't that "teaser" just what happened in volume 20?