AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-25, 12:21   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

BTW, yes, there actually is a game called Mario Ball.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-31, 07:05   Link #42
Blaat

Mario's older brother is called Luigi. Sadly enough that was the only upbeat reveal of the episode. It's depressing enough that the anime is ending next week but to end it on such a downbeat moment is just making things way worse.
Old 2020-10-31, 09:27   Link #43
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The preview suggests an upbeat let's stick together for the team ending.

I'd rank this episode among the best in the series. Hikaru's dismantling of Daigo was stunningly accurate yet so at odds with this season's emphasis on good-natured team spirit and a "ganbatte" attitude.

I was surprised Mutsuko didn't understand what was wrong with Daigo right away. I just checked and rewatched the scene in episode 24 of the first season where the two of them discuss the accident, and Daigo runs away saying he'll never play baseball again. I thought it strange that she didn't go talk to Daigo when Hikaru appeared to see if Daigo was okay. It certainly should have become obvious to her what was wrong as the game progressed.

Hikaru has either really become an asshole, or it was all an act. I tend toward the first interpretation. His struggle to come back from his injury probably encouraged that part of his character. While Hikaru says he doesn't hold Daigo responsible for what happened, I'm inclined not to believe him any more.

And finally the issue of the differences between boys' and girls' physical development at this age comes to the fore. Perhaps Daigo should go to the Senior League and play with boys. Hikaru is right that Daigo won't improve much given how things stand at Fuurin.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-05, 15:01   Link #44
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Mine too.

I hope Hikaru hasn’t suddenly decided he does blame Daigo after all, because that would be a BS move. Even allowing for the fact that it was an accident, in baseball terms Hikaru was the one at fault. And character development opportunity or no, Daigo has come so far and I’d hate to see him have a huge emotional setback over this.
This (I had a legit, what this fool saying about my baby type moment.), and honestly, even if this was just a stunt by Hikaru to motivate Daigo, that's still a jerk move.
Old 2020-11-07, 09:05   Link #45
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Surprised we didn't see Hikaru again, but otherwise this was more or less the expected outcome. Still didn't really deal with the boy/girl issue.

I do wish the doctor had suggested Daigo speak with a counselor or psychologist instead of expecting his parents to deal with his depression.

Any ideas about that helicopter? It appeared twice, and the fact that the camera lingered on it suggests it was supposed to be meaningful in some way. But maybe not.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2020-11-07 at 09:21.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 10:18   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I noticed the chopper, but I put more significance on Daigo making that "great throw" to Goro and then leaving his catcher's mitt behind.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 10:49   Link #47
Blaat

I admit I'm disappointed Daigo is going to be a pitcher, the main character of a baseball anime not being a pitcher was refreshing. Though I'm guessing with two male pitchers the majority girl team will be able to complete with most all boy teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Any ideas about that helicopter? It appeared twice, and the fact that the camera lingered on it suggests it was supposed to be meaningful in some way. But maybe not.
I kept wondering about the helicopter, no idea what the significance is or what it's supposed to represent.
Old 2020-11-09, 01:54   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahh, shucks, it ended...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-09, 11:54   Link #49
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I've been avoiding watching the last 3 episodes since I knew what was coming, knew it was going to be painful so I preferred to watch it in one go. Let's see how it goes.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-10, 19:29   Link #50
Top Sergeant

I am looking forward to the next season.

Tags
baseball, sports