AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-01-23, 20:04   Link #41
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I know he's strong, but honestly, I have no idea why Border lets Jin fight alone. He should have people with him at all times to protect him giving how invaluable his side-effect is. He's the one person they can't afford to lose.
I think that is because of his Side ability. I think I remember someone asking Ashihara in his Q&As how Jin deals having such images of the future while also dealing with stuff in the present to which Ashihara replied that Jin tends to avoid large crowds if possible, got good at ignoring such images and even lost matches due them because he reacted to a future vision which changed the present.

He doesn't exactly see the future like how he didn't knew he would meet Yuuma if he asked Osamu to bring him to his friend, he just knew that there was someone important he had to meet and for which he needed Osamu. Which might also be a reason he supported Osamu getting into Border as he might have seen that Osamu will play an important role in Border though he didn't knew yet why or when or in what situations exactly.
Old 2021-01-23, 21:52   Link #42
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post

Loved it when Jin using his Fujin in a super long range but I've got to say his side-effect is so broken.
Jin + his side effect + Fujin= a deadly combo. First time we saw Jin in action he beat both Kazuma and Tachikawa.
Old 2021-01-24, 08:31   Link #43
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Jin + his side effect + Fujin= a deadly combo. First time we saw Jin in action he beat both Kazuma and Tachikawa.
Ah god, that had awfully drawn scenes in S1...

Spoiler for The Squad:
Old 2021-01-30, 16:24   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd never noticed before how ugly Katori Squad's uniforms are...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-30, 18:05   Link #45
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's because Katori made it with her taste in mind, meaning she does look good in it, the boys... not so much. You can see theirs was made like as an afterthought as in "oh right, those cumbs exist as well...". xD
Also seems their color is purple after all, in the first episode it appeared pinkish, but that was due the red sunlight after all.

I liked this episode's quality more than last episode. It had no moment that made me go "uuugh" like Suwa's face or disappointed like the epicness of Nasu's shot being bit less than hoped for.
Kazuma's bait and switch and swirly attack was so fast and awesome, it was great!

Stretching grinning Konami is best Konami! Konami a cute! A cute!!!
All the little head, hair and eye or background movement in the talks made the talk parts feel way less static and more lively and even added some emotional sidenotes to them compared to last episode where we basically had "blabla" parts where only the mouths moved for a while and nothing else.

The enemy analyzing, how their opponents won like how Konami was able to hit Tachikawa's cut by his sword (Konami an AMAZING!) during this chaotic fight to cut off one of his spiderclaw arms, is really nice. Makes them more than just "evil guys" but actually enemies with a plan, thoughts and worries and short flashbacks like Reghi's to show his hatred for Aftokrator after they invaded and took his Nation as a Vassal state.

And finally we get back to Tamakoma-2 and their team fight, hell yeah!!!
If the next 8 episodes can keep the quality of episode 4 I am more than happy, I will be in an ecstasy! <3
Old 2021-01-30, 19:22   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The episode was great! Kazuma and Kirie's finishers were both amazing.

Quote:
I'd be embarrassed to wear this if I were the guys on her team.
Old 2021-01-30, 20:00   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah...nothing like anime to point out how awful the design of those Katori squad uniforms are. If this match was decided based on fashion...the main cast would have this locked up .

It was fun seeing how this attack played out. But no doubt that I'm all ready to see the main cast getting into their match.
Old 2021-01-31, 04:46   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
That's because Katori made it with her taste in mind, meaning she does look good in it, the boys... not so much. You can see theirs was made like as an afterthought as in "oh right, those cumbs exist as well...". xD
Also seems their color is purple after all, in the first episode it appeared pinkish, but that was due the red sunlight after all.
It still looks pretty pink to me! And even she doesn't look great in it.
Old 2021-01-31, 12:17   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It looks pink to me as well.
Old 2021-02-01, 13:39   Link #50
James Rye

Quote:
It still looks pretty pink to me! And even she doesn't look great in it.
Quote:
It looks pink to me as well.
After checking it again, no it's purple. No way this is pink, pink is way brighter than that.

Spoiler for See here? Purple in the WT CP.:

And Katori and co's team color looks close to that as well, it's just lighting making it appear a bit brighter is all. Well, we will see it for next week, but it clearly is not pink. Like pink is way more reddish than what those three got on.

Besides so far the anime director has been really close to pretty much all WT related stuff, why would he mess up the colors of an opponent team that will take up several episodes until their match has been dealt with?

Spoiler for Konami best girl!!!!:
Old 2021-02-01, 14:25   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm going to go with the idea that it actually doesn't matter if their outfits are pink or purple. They are still ugly . Otherwise we are risking completely going off the rails about the science of color, perception, and really does it matter to this episode at all ?

There was a lot of good stuff in this episode. A small nod at how valuable the rank wars are. Both for participants and viewers. Kuga's tricky maneuver being very helpful for resolving one of the fights here. Though huge props both to the gutsy plan and Konami following through. Heck of a move to chop through both her ally and enemy with one strike . I really like that she got to be part of the defense team here. Since she was somewhat held up with fighting just trion soldiers during the invasion arc.
Old 2021-02-01, 16:29   Link #52
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm going to go with the idea that it actually doesn't matter if their outfits are pink or purple. They are still ugly . Otherwise we are risking completely going off the rails about the science of color, perception, and really does it matter to this episode at all ?

There was a lot of good stuff in this episode. A small nod at how valuable the rank wars are. Both for participants and viewers. Kuga's tricky maneuver being very helpful for resolving one of the fights here. Though huge props both to the gutsy plan and Konami following through. Heck of a move to chop through both her ally and enemy with one strike . I really like that she got to be part of the defense team here. Since she was somewhat held up with fighting just trion soldiers during the invasion arc.
Agreed, Müller and Jackson do look awful in their clothes. Katori mostly looks good because those two are around to up her outfit. xD

The part of Kuga's trick reminded me how great the redone recaps parts from S1 looked like in S2:

Spoiler for Kuga's trick & Jin getting nailed to the wall:

Like, man, those short scenes made me wish sooooooo much Toei would redo the whole S1 with this kind of direction and animation budget...
Old 2021-02-01, 16:46   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Well, all that happened to Tachikawa is that he bailed out. Which made me think - war against neighbors is a lot easier on soldiers than a normal war - they don't kill enemies even when they fight human Neighbors, they just force them to revert to their flesh body. And they mostly don't die, they bailout.
Old 2021-02-02, 16:58   Link #54
James Rye

Quote:
Well, all that happened to Tachikawa is that he bailed out. Which made me think - war against neighbors is a lot easier on soldiers than a normal war - they don't kill enemies even when they fight human Neighbors, they just force them to revert to their flesh body. And they mostly don't die, they bailout.
Yeah, but the real risks for Border Agents are the lose of civilian life as well as kidnapping. Imagine what the parents of the taken C-ranks must feel like, their children gone in some other dimension and having to endure who knows what over there. And I bet the Agents know of that for sure, social media is a thing after all and you don't need that much empathy to know what a horrible feeling that must be.
I think this thought might be tough on some Agents and motivates them to work harder on their training to avoid this from happening. And their bail-out only works in this city, outside in the neighborhood? Not so much. There they run real risk to get cut in half if they lose their Trion body and their opponent is not interested in making prisoners.

It is most interesting though how quickly the Neighbors adapted to Meeden's own technology, it shows they are not too proud to not take something they see as truly good into their own technology. Like I said above with the Galos analyzing the lost battle, it makes Border's enemies seem competent and thoughtful instead of just evil and power crushing anything that stands in their way.^^
Old 2021-02-02, 18:58   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
And their bail-out only works in this city, outside in the neighborhood? Not so much. There they run real risk to get cut in half if they lose their Trion body and their opponent is not interested in making prisoners.
I don't remember how Border's bailout's system works exactly, but couldn't they tweak it so that it works like the one the Neighbors are now using? Open a gate to the ship as soon as the trion body is destroyed.
Old 2021-02-03, 10:53   Link #56
James Rye

Quote:
I don't remember how Border's bailout's system works exactly, but couldn't they tweak it so that it works like the one the Neighbors are now using? Open a gate to the ship as soon as the trion body is destroyed.
That is how it works, but only around a couple kilometer around the ship because its antenna ain't strong enough unlike the ones in the fort which are huge. Everything outside that radius means their human bodies return to the spot where their Trion bodies have been destroyed.
On one hand that is dangerous on the other hand it could mean "freeing" up the 40-60% Trion (I forgot which side of the 50s it was, probably 60%) they usually have to set aside for the Bail-out trigger which could make some Agents way more powerful than they are right now.
Old 2021-02-06, 16:00   Link #57
Blaat

Latest episode flew by, I think that would have been two episodes in season one pacing. I do find it funny that Tamakoma-2 are facing a team with characters designs that stands out and voiced by some recognisable voice actors and a team of pretty much Zakus.
Old 2021-02-06, 16:31   Link #58
Wandering Soul

I did not even watch season one, but this episode felt pretty fast. That's not bad though as nothing felt rushed.
Old 2021-02-06, 17:15   Link #59
James Rye

I felt like the episode was five minutes long, lol.

Katori team is a mess, they didn't planned anything, just throwing words and cellphones at each other. Kakizaki got a plan but it seems he is a bit too careful there, not wanting to take on risky moves with his teammates doing solo moves.

Tamakoma-2 on the other hand not only predicted which map Kakizaki might most likely pick but also made a plan how to use it to their advantage that they got the sole sniper on this map supported by Osamu's new wire trick. He makes wire fortress in which Yuuma can jump around like a monkey with knives while Chika fires from the middle of it. And we all know how huge her Ibis shots are.
Plus her Lightning+Lead bullet combo is unique and cannot be blocked by shields so the opponents need to look out double the time what kinda shot comes at them.

Liked how Katori commented that Osamu's bullets are weak. Nice little reminder of his low Trion making his bullets weaker compared to other agents.

Would have liked it if we saw the shields crack under constant fire but not really needed.

Katori as a genius who doesn't want to work hard and Osamu who only got hard work for himself and even then he will always be low tier due his low trion and average battle skills, pretty opposite battle here.

I want next week's episode already~~~
Old 2021-02-06, 19:45   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Katori is such a gigantic bitch. And for no real reason, apparently. Miwa at least had a pretty valid one.