AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-07, 00:53   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It seems like the main cast have a pretty solid advantage here. They've got both good strategy and enough boldness to make the most of it. Plus being the team with the least data out there about them makes strategizing even tougher.

Of course that would matter if Katori's squad had made any attempt to strategize. Their operator saved their bacon, but that can only go so far when the team itself is completely toxic. Katori seems the classic type of talented character. She's got all that ability, but is afraid of truly hitting a wall and seeing a limit to her ability. So she switches her position and style of fighting since that's a fresh territory. She can charge up the ranks in that new position until she runs out of road. Doesn't want to truly test her limits so...you get this situation.

Kakizaki's team seems pretty solid. Being too cautious can be an issue, but at the same time it can have benefits. Finding a better balance between aggressiveness and caution might be best. But it isn't easy to find that. At the very least they've got a good team relationship so they are a solid threat.

So far so good for Tamakoma. The wires are helpful and a good way for Osamu to contribute considering his limited trion. Kuga is still doing a lot of good work out there and Chika could be a real terror. The trap network is expanding .
Old 2021-02-13, 17:02   Link #62
James Rye

*WT episode gets delayed due Earthquake, anime episode after WT's spot gets aired with no problems*
This is BS!
First Ashihara gets sick and now this!
Being a WT fan really ensures a lot of suffering until you get the stuff you crave for...
Old 2021-02-13, 19:40   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

At least they had a valid reason not to air the episode.
Old 2021-02-14, 10:48   Link #64
James Rye

Seems episode will be aired tomorrow.
Old 2021-02-15, 12:32   Link #65
LG-MAX 2.o

new date: https://twitter.com/Anime_W_Trigger/...57710474252291
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-15, 13:39   Link #66
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiigh~
Man, this series is cursed. One episode gets cut due a flood happening, another delayed due an earth quake, Ashihara is always one prayer away from worsening his condition...
Man, I really wanted to see the salt fest of Katori yesterday/today... oh well, just 5 more days, just 5 more days, it's nothing at all...
Old 2021-02-15, 19:47   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There's pretty much no way they could have secured another timeslot this week. And how were they supposed to give word to the watchers on time? Early airing was never going to happen.
Old 2021-02-20, 16:55   Link #68
James Rye

There it is.
There it is!
THERE IT IS!!!

Kakizaki going down like a badass after he belittled himself so much. Dude really needs to be more confident in himself and his skills, after all if he really was so bad then his teammates would have left him long ago. Honestly, Kakizaki felt way more awesome in the anime than he did in the manga, probably the voice and music, but damn, was he cool. Teruya and Tomoe and Madoka chose a good team leader to rally behind.^^

Love how Osamu on his own is taking care of stopping a team all by himself and one of the upper A-ranks as well. Though considering their bad planning and current bad team mood it probably is a bit easier than if they are acting on their highest peak.

Kuga shows why he is an Ace, like a cool monkey dodging shots, left and right and only eating some after Kakizaki pays the price for it. And he casually beheaded Tomoe as well, like with the sole of his feet. xD

Chika clearly MVP of this match, this wire fortress only works due her Ibis cannon and Lead Bullet shots, otherwise the other teams could either ignore it or destroy it but so they have to go through this wire maze to get to Chika if they don't wanna eat lead all day.

I want episode 7 now.....
Old 2021-02-20, 18:40   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
There it is.
There it is!
THERE IT IS!!!

Kakizaki going down like a badass after he belittled himself so much. Dude really needs to be more confident in himself and his skills, after all if he really was so bad then his teammates would have left him long ago. Honestly, Kakizaki felt way more awesome in the anime than he did in the manga, probably the voice and music, but damn, was he cool. Teruya and Tomoe and Madoka chose a good team leader to rally behind.^^

Love how Osamu on his own is taking care of stopping a team all by himself and one of the upper A-ranks as well. Though considering their bad planning and current bad team mood it probably is a bit easier than if they are acting on their highest peak.
I guess it shows how little difference there can be between "strong" and "weak" fighters. Kuga's strong, but Kakizaki still got him pretty good. Osamu's weak, but with a little support from Chika, he still held back a whole squad.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 19:29   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought the pace was off this week. Kakizaki's flashback kind of killed the momentum.
Old 2021-02-21, 01:46   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Another good episode. The action was still plenty strong and allowed for some nice focus between the different matchups. Osamu doing so well both shows the effectiveness of the wires and the utterly terrible teamwork of the Katori squad. There hasn't been a loss yet for the Katori squad, but they are getting whittled down. It's going to get to the point where even Osamu might score some points.

Kuga is doing great as always. The wires and his cleverness are really hammering the point home. He may have taken a hit, but I'll trust in him. He is the Ace and can't afford to get taken out that easily. Though I do think Kakizaki will do more damage than was expected.

I do feel for the guy. Though I don't think it's a bad thing to hesitate at times and play it carefully. Although I suppose it can be a serious issue depending on the situation. We'll see if his call here works out. Splitting up probably was the right move, but I agree that it may be too little too late. Easier to buy time against Kuga if it was 2 on 1. But I suppose that's how it goes sometimes. Hopefully if he decides to be bolder in the future and trust the individual abilities of his team that he doesn't worry about any hiccups that might result from that. Going to take time to find a good balance between caution and boldness. For this fight of course he's basically done. Even if he got a nice last shot in on Kuga, Kakizaki's not going to be in this fight for much more.
Old 2021-02-21, 09:37   Link #72
Side-streetdog

To be honest, I didn't remember much about Kakizaki flashback except Arashiyama speech
It was really plain and boring in manga
In anime though, it really made them looks a lot more interesting
Old 2021-02-21, 20:09   Link #73
Wandering Soul

Kakizaki's flashback was alright. Still have to respect him from getting a good hit on Kuga.
Old 2021-02-23, 12:48   Link #74
James Rye

To break a lance for the Katori team, while they also failed to split up due underrestimating Osamu wire x Chika lead bullet combo, they still show why they were one of the higher ranked teams. Like Wakamura pulling down Miura when he jumped into Osamu's bullets or Wakamura ready to go out be bait for sniper fire and not getting hit or Katori reacting quickly and cutting off her own leg after tripping over Osamu's tricky wires and Chika landing a shot.
If they just had some actual plan and less bad vibes between them they could really be a good damn team.
Old 2021-02-23, 17:31   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
To break a lance for the Katori team, while they also failed to split up due underrestimating Osamu wire x Chika lead bullet combo, they still show why they were one of the higher ranked teams. Like Wakamura pulling down Miura when he jumped into Osamu's bullets or Wakamura ready to go out be bait for sniper fire and not getting hit or Katori reacting quickly and cutting off her own leg after tripping over Osamu's tricky wires and Chika landing a shot.
If they just had some actual plan and less bad vibes between them they could really be a good damn team.
It is kind of impressive how good they are without any semblance of planning or getting along. Of course some of that is just Katori's natural talent level. But it's also the hard work being put in by the other parts of the team to cover for each other. Of course if they were really together in terms of strategy they'd be a lot more trouble for Osamu. Chika could have a double helping of people coming after her instead of just having to deal with one attacker.
Old 2021-02-23, 19:06   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We've seen why Kakizaki's teammates chose him as their captain and it made sense, but I wonder why Katori's teammates chose her. One of them in particular doesn't seem happy at all to be with her. And it's not like they're so bad no one else would want them, as you guys pointed out. It doesn't seem like Katori used to be nicer in the past either.
Old 2021-02-25, 13:54   Link #77
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It is kind of impressive how good they are without any semblance of planning or getting along. Of course some of that is just Katori's natural talent level. But it's also the hard work being put in by the other parts of the team to cover for each other. Of course if they were really together in terms of strategy they'd be a lot more trouble for Osamu. Chika could have a double helping of people coming after her instead of just having to deal with one attacker.
Yeah, they are quite good even without a real plan at hand. Hana seems to try to keep the squad together but she can only do so much having to check on the map and the opponents real and possible movements while coming up with plans and strategies for her teammates.
I think there is only one Operator in Border who is both Operator and Squad Captain at the same time and that's someone in A rank who has only been shown in the most recent chapter and even then only shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We've seen why Kakizaki's teammates chose him as their captain and it made sense, but I wonder why Katori's teammates chose her. One of them in particular doesn't seem happy at all to be with her. And it's not like they're so bad no one else would want them, as you guys pointed out. It doesn't seem like Katori used to be nicer in the past either.
Quite simple: Katori started this Unit with her as Captain and Hana as Operator similar to how Kakizaki Unit was made. Wakamura and Miura joined later.
Though I agree, especially Wakamura seems unhappy with the way Katori run things though it seems that during battle she is able to make quick and right judgements, like saying that the red threads are only there for distractions. Ofc she still tripped because this wasn't all to Osamu's trick, but it's still not a wrong judgement.
Old 2021-02-27, 14:54   Link #78
James Rye

Bro, this was 23 minutes? No way!

Katori's Osamu kill was a thing of beauty. I rewatched that like five times before I was satisfied. xD

Her backgroundstory with Hana explains why she is so annoyed with Osamu and Kuga as once she was in a similar situation as them, wanting to reach the top with her best friend. But unlike them she failed and she took refuge in new trigger sets to not think about her failures. Basically she, a strong and talented Agent ran away from hardship while Osamu, a weak and totally not gifted Agent (Trion level 2 for the lolz), faces his hardships face on like a "hero". Which obviously annoys Katori very much because if someone like Osamu can keep going despite losing so badly to Ninomiya and Godzuma in his previous match, what does it say about someone like her?

Wakamura's judgement of telling Miura to support Yoko was spot-on. Nice trap with the asteroids by Osamu btw.
Miura looked really competent being able to block Yuuma's swift attacks in that fast action scene and it showed how Osamu was able to score his point because he was so occupied with Yuuma that he couldn't possibly react in time to block Osamu's Asteroids.
Katori obviously shows her natural talent, using the wire trick of Yuuma perfectly to fool even a Veteran like Yuuma and get a damn sweet kill on Osamu.

BUT MAH BOY OSAMU AIN'T BITCH-MADE!!! Hitting Katori with his wires, setting her up for a cool Mantis kill by Yuuma! EPIC!
Man, if I was in the audience I would have screamed so much as a Tamakoma-2 fanboy. XDDD
Old 2021-02-27, 15:08   Link #79
Blaat

Quote:
Katori's Osamu kill was a thing of beauty. I rewatched that like five times before I was satisfied. xD
Oh good I wasn't the only one. That Katori's charge at the end looked really good.
Old 2021-02-27, 17:03   Link #80
AntonKutovoi

I know that Toei likes flexing their ability to cast veteran voice actors, but casting Yuji Mitsuya as an almost instantly killed Somei's father and Tomokazu Seki as a nameless announcer is a little bit over the top
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote