AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-02-07, 02:50   Link #241
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Edit: Or not. Seems like the finale will be double length, so we will get everything, which is great btw.
I think it's just a 45 minutes timeslot, but I'm not sure. For an 1 hour timeslot, the first episode had like 47 minutes of runtime, so if it's 45 minutes, then an extended episode would be around 30-33 minutes. 3 chapters are left before we reach "that", so I'm not expecting this season to tackle it after all, but we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why did Uzui pretend to be dead? That only ended up working because Gyutaro decided to play with Tanjiro and because Tanjiro is very resourceful. It wouldn't have worked without Inosuke landing a hand either. Yep, turns out he can shift his organs (never mind the fact he was attacked from behind and therefore never saw it coming) AND he has resistance to poison too. And of course Tanjiro did end up getting a power-up at the last minute, I wasn't too far off when I called him a Super Demon Slayer a few weeks back.
Uzui's thing got explained in the episode.

Inosuke's thing would have been better if he outright said the organ shifting line during the joint dislocation and small hole intrusion in the season, but it's not like it's completely off from his demonstrated abilities. Also, Enmu and Daki said he straight up has insane instincts to the point of knowing where attacks are coming from even when he is not looking at them. Trust me, he got alerted in time. Poison resistance built in him due to enduring the harsh mountain life, but in exchange medicines won't work on him well either.

Tanjirou's thing is not a Tanjirou-exclusive and Breath of the Sun-exclusive thing, so don't worry. It had foreshadowing with how Tanjirou said that he feels great even though he has a fever and somehow can dish out more techniques. His fever was a key with this. Gets elaborated on later.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-07, 08:13   Link #242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Manga explained it. He had to stop his heart in order to stop the spread of the poison and neutralize it with his natural shinobi antibodies.

Reminder: so did Uzui.
That means he more or less abandoned the three kids to their fate then. Or looking at it more optimistically, he had faith they'd survive during that time.

Uzui's case is different. He's a shinobi specifically trained to resist poison. Inosuke's explanation is "I grew up in the mountains". I guess we're meant to assume he ate tons of poisonous mushrooms and stuff.

WingedAccelerator: Are you using manga knowledge to explain Inosuke's poison resistance or is it something that was skipped or maybe even already told in the anime and that I forgot?

What you said about Tanjiro sounds like a spoiler, to be honest.
Old 2022-02-07, 08:48   Link #243
Estzero1

Quote:
Kinda, but like almost always with spoilers, context is key. Depending on how the next season is structured you will get an answer.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-07, 09:09   Link #244
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
WingedAccelerator: Are you using manga knowledge to explain Inosuke's poison resistance or is it something that was skipped or maybe even already told in the anime and that I forgot?

Inosuke said this episode when he is about to attack Daki that he grew up in the harsh mountains, so he resists poison or it's ineffective against him. We already knew from the anime he was living in the wild, and he also referred to himself as King of the Mountains/Mountain God on different occassions. Though you have to buy into the idea that he probably dealt with venomous snakes and bugs, hence the comment about harsh environment giving him poison resistance. The medicine part is just an extra on my part.

I just want to avoid the asspull discussion. Certainly, it could be seen as that, but if there was something prior that was deliberately put there for the scene, I don't consider it an asspull. It's just the anime-only viewers didn't know the fever scene had significance.

Similarly, the Dance of the Fire God introduction had the setup with Zenitsu and the Spider Brother demon fight, with how you see your life fade before your eyes moments before dying in hopes for searching for something that could prevent it. It's just that it played out not so much after and it was an obvious connection.
Old 2022-02-07, 11:58   Link #245
HandofFate

i can see why Zenitsu is at the top of the character rankings after this episode. the gap moe is real

unfortunately, i feel after the fight, we're gonna get a big helping of the annoying zenitsu sixfold.

Inozuke being able to move his organs on reaction is fine, we shown the past few fights that he has amazing instinct, and he's kind of a genius. He seems to be able to keep track of Zenitsu's speed as well. He was the first to react at the start when Zenitsu thunderstep'd the girl demon out the room before Zenitsu even moved.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2022-02-07 at 12:16.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-07, 19:58   Link #246
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So my hypothesis of the organ shifting power turned out to be correct. Well I guess it could be expected from Inosuke, it's certainly better than superhealing abilities.

Overall I find myself standing on a middle ground between "asspull" and "not asspull". I feel that some stuff was a bit forced and fortuitous, but not quite reaching the level of total asspull. I think it's acceptable and to be expected for a Shonen Manga.

Also I feel like Ufotable has spent more time and money on the latest two episodes than the whole theatrical movie they produced.

This is why back on the train series thread I said I was surprised the animation wasn't better. it's not because it was bad by any means, it's just that I know what Ufotable is capable of when they get serious.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-07, 23:17   Link #247
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I once read that a single action-heavy episode of Avatar can cost almost 1 million USD to produce.

This episode? It felt like the entire GDP of a small Pacific island nation went into this.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-08, 02:07   Link #248
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Meh. Much too shouty for my taste. But I am glad Nezuko actually got to say something. She even did this week's Taisho Secret!
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-08, 16:44   Link #249
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
That means he more or less abandoned the three kids to their fate then. Or looking at it more optimistically, he had faith they'd survive during that time.
Or, he'd just come to the end of his ability to keep fighting and it was that or die and leave the kids alone anyway.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-13, 12:44   Link #250
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
So that's it. Nice we got to see the siblings story before the arc ended, though it was a given after the tidbits we got from Daki earlier in the arc vs Tanjiro. Didn't think they were actual siblings to be honest, so that was a surprise at least. Glad to see Uzui made it out alive; thought he'd have to give his life to save Tanjiro.

Disappointed that the end wasn't as open as the last season in terms of teaser material. Last, we got to see them about to go on a mission(Train arc) after training, but here, they stop right after the ordeal. This wasn't even a full 2-cour season(7(train)+9(entertain)1.5(double length)), so kinda sucks we don't get an extra ep or two for a similar setup, but i guess its already established itself, so its not needed for the anticipatory hype.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-13, 16:33   Link #251
WingedAccelerator

It's actually 18 episodes with 19 episodes worth of screentime. 1 anime original + 6 movie cut, then 11 episodes, the first for the being a double length one.

Season 1 and the Infinity Train movie was a different story. Even with pandemic delay, it had a set date, so they had the leisure to tease it.

This time, no date is set, and just like with the Infinity Train arc, the aftermath of the arc goes to the next arc. So no teaser.
Old 2022-02-13, 18:57   Link #252
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That was an awesome episode and a great closure for this arc.

Lot of sudden power ups without a proper explanation (at least so far) especially in the case of Nezuko. I wonder, is whatever is afflicting Kagaya curable by Nezuko as well?

Final thoughts, they managed to kill an upper six but at what cost? I can imagine the people of the pleasure district thinking: "It would have been better to keep living with those demons than having those demon slayers come!"

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-13, 19:10   Link #253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's pretty weird Daki and Gyutaro got a detailed backstory while Uzui's was just "My father was hardass, my siblings are all dead and I got three hot wives". We were never even told why he became a Demon Slayer, did we? It didn't seem like he had a very strong reason since he has no problem bailing out on everyone when they need him the most. He lost an eye and a hand but he should still be extremely strong. And yes, I remember he promised his wife he would retire after killing an Upper. Well, good for him.

No problem with Nezuko healing everyone since that was properly foreshadowed. It's a bit odd that a demon's body completely evaporates when they die but the blood they spilled remains. But I guess it's always worked that way or the mission for Tamayo would be a fool's errand.

This arc was a massive step up from the previous one. And I'm glad the next one will be a TV series too.
Old 2022-02-13, 21:50   Link #254
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

With a backstory like that know wonder they both became demons

Thats just weird small Nezuko giving Tanjirou a piggyback ride

8/10 Well one more season on the way
Old 2022-02-14, 05:50   Link #255
EroKing
Version Nightmare

Happy Valentine's

Old 2022-02-14, 07:04   Link #256
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
It's actually 18 episodes with 19 episodes worth of screentime. 1 anime original + 6 movie cut, then 11 episodes, the first for the being a double length one.

Season 1 and the Infinity Train movie was a different story. Even with pandemic delay, it had a set date, so they had the leisure to tease it.

This time, no date is set, and just like with the Infinity Train arc, the aftermath of the arc goes to the next arc. So no teaser.
Your logic is sound, just, f'k, I'm just a bit salty they didn't show at the very least the Upper Moon meeting. Give us a taste of something to look forward to that we non-manga users can get hype for.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-14, 07:29   Link #257
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
It's pretty weird Daki and Gyutaro got a detailed backstory while Uzui's was just "My father was hardass, my siblings are all dead and I got three hot wives". We were never even told why he became a Demon Slayer, did we? It didn't seem like he had a very strong reason since he has no problem bailing out on everyone when they need him the most. He lost an eye and a hand but he should still be extremely strong. And yes, I remember he promised his wife he would retire after killing an Upper. Well, good for him.
The demons in this series are always more interesting than the humans - nothing new there. They get better writing and better seiyuu.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-14, 12:28   Link #258
WingedAccelerator

Quote:

No problem with Nezuko healing everyone since that was properly foreshadowed. It's a bit odd that a demon's body completely evaporates when they die but the blood they spilled remains. But I guess it's always worked that way or the mission for Tamayo would be a fool's errand.
He was raised as a shinobi with killing machine mentality, including how everyone around him should be just a disposable pawn and they shouldn't care about others. He reached a stage where conflicting thoughts started bothering him regarding this whole ideal he had to grow up with, yet he still did his job while also attempting to save humans in the process. Oyakata-sama reached out to him and offered him a place in the Demon Killing Corps, where he shouldn't be ashamed of himself and his failures of the past. He can do proper good deeds now with killing demons and repaying those lives, which slipped from his grasp.

Though I do agree with Guardian Enzo that generally the demon backstories are more or less better, or rather more interesting. Specifically, how they ended up on their path.

With the blood, I would say the sunlight would have evaporated it, so Tanjirou lucked out.
Old 2022-02-15, 11:50   Link #259
Alchemist007
*Author

Was better than the last arc, good lead up and action scenes.

7/10
Old 2022-02-15, 19:29   Link #260
HandofFate

way better than the train arc, everyone got to shine.
unless the train movie cut out some zenitsu or inosuke screentime