Notices

Old 2020-10-29, 10:41   Link #61
cyberdemon

New info was released

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10...jw#sf239361093
Old 2020-10-29, 19:20   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The "he's my little brother"'s line from the Japanese trailer makes sense now.

The main artwork on the official website makes it look like it's a DMC game
Old 2020-10-29, 19:37   Link #63
cyberdemon

I wonder if they are full or half brothers. The woman I assume is Joshuas mother seemed to have some disdain for Clive. Like maybe Clive is the bastard child of the archduke while Joshua is the true born child.

It seems to be becoming likely that Jill will be a later party member. She will likely be Shivas dominant. It mentioning that Joshua bestowed his blessing on Clive indicates that the party members will all be dominants who bestow their blessings on Clive when recruited after the defeat of their armies.

Joshua will end up being the final boss by pulling an origami from date a live by essentially being catatonic while Phoenix runs rampant. Or he will just be one of the final party members.

By the looks of it, Clive joined the iron kingdom after the fall of Rosaria to hunt Eikons who they see as heretics. Jill was probably captured and enslaved to the empire of Sanbreque as the dominant of Shiva. Or maybe she was a spy sent to assist the fall of Rosaria

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2020-10-30 at 00:01.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-02, 16:36   Link #64
Galaxian

This picture was apparently posted in a now deleted tweet by one of the official account. It refers to Ifrit as the "mysterious ninth Eikon"

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 21:31   Link #65
cyberdemon

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/fi...opment-update/

interesting. They are dubbing the game first. I guess concerning the Medieval English setting, it is easiest to get English lines then translate them to Japanese for better accuracy.
Old 2021-10-06, 17:18   Link #66
cyberdemon

Nice to know that they’ve finished the main scenario. Sounds like a likely 2022 release date. They also mentioned that there is an extensive skill tree to choose from.
Old 2021-10-07, 17:02   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Nice to know that they’ve finished the main scenario. Sounds like a likely 2022 release date. They also mentioned that there is an extensive skill tree to choose from.
With Stranger of Paradise confirmed for 2022, I'd say this one will be 2023.
Old 2021-10-07, 22:13   Link #68
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
With Stranger of Paradise confirmed for 2022, I'd say this one will be 2023.
Since they're different development teams (FFO is Koei Tecmo, FF16 is Square Enix's Creative Business Unit 1), their release dates are fairly unrelated to one another.

Even if they didn't want to release them at the same time to avoid competing amongst themselves, only a month or two, maybe a season at worst is enough space inbetween.

The reason FF16 would release in 2023 or later would simply be because the game isn't finished.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-29, 19:24   Link #69
cyberdemon

Sounds like the game is in the final stages of development according to YoshiP
Old 2022-06-02, 11:55   Link #70
cyberdemon

I wonder if we’ll get a trailer or maybe even a release date at Sonys state of play later today.

Edit: sounds likely actually because apparently Sony updated the games page on their store

Summer 2023. Wish it was sooner lol

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2022-06-02 at 17:33.
Old 2022-06-02, 20:03   Link #71
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
I wonder if we’ll get a trailer or maybe even a release date at Sonys state of play later today.

Edit: sounds likely actually because apparently Sony updated the games page on their store

Summer 2023. Wish it was sooner lol
We did get a trailer at SOP:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 20:08   Link #72
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In Yoshi-P we trust.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 21:46   Link #73
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

It really feels like Final Fantasy: Eidolon May Cry.

Old 2022-06-03, 08:57   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Huge visual upgrade since last time. It looks pretty good now, as opposed to a PS3 game before.

One thing I'm a little disappointed about is that we will apparently only control the MC and he won't even have a party. Although the fact we can apparently control different summons, which we know are tied to people, does make me wonder. Maybe they don't want to give away too much.
Old 2022-06-03, 09:26   Link #75
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Huge visual upgrade since last time. It looks pretty good now, as opposed to a PS3 game before.

One thing I'm a little disappointed about is that we will apparently only control the MC and he won't even have a party. Although the fact we can apparently control different summons, which we know are tied to people, does make me wonder. Maybe they don't want to give away too much.
You can see during the combat portion that Clive's abilities are based on the summon. They're named in the tooltip on the bottom right.
Old 2022-06-03, 09:57   Link #76
cyberdemon

Quote:

Not necessarily. Most of what we saw is likely just the prologue of the game. It likely just isn’t up to the point of finding party members. My guess is that party members will be some of the dominates and they join after being defeated.
Old 2022-06-03, 10:17   Link #77
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Not necessarily. Most of what we saw is likely just the prologue of the game. It likely just isn’t up to the point of finding party members. My guess is that party members will be some of the dominates and they join after being defeated.
There plenty of screenshots posted on the official site of Clive in different locales, alone in all of them.
https://na.finalfantasyxvi.com/
Old 2022-06-03, 10:24   Link #78
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Previous trailer UI shown enough space to add two or three party members.

Even so, with how they detailed each Dominants and Clive kinda resemble Nero in movesets, I'm guessing fully-playable Dominants are DLC only.
Old 2022-06-03, 14:32   Link #79
cyberdemon

The prolog, when Clive was younger, is likely solo. The older Clive battle likely take place right after the timeskip and before any party members come into play

They are also likely only showing scenes of him alone to avoid spoiling party members

Besides, yoship is a gamer. He knows the disappointment of games being overly spoiled before they are even released. He’s merely set the bait to get us excited for when the game is released

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2022-06-03 at 15:15.
Old 2022-06-03, 15:36   Link #80
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The prolog, when Clive was younger, is likely solo. The older Clive battle likely take place right after the timeskip and before any party members come into play

They are also likely only showing scenes of him alone to avoid spoiling party members
The battle at ~0:51 might be right after the timeskip (lv13, only has Phoenix available which most likely came from his brother Joshua),
but the battle at 1:00 has Clive at lv33 with Titan, Garuda, and Phoenix available to him.
The one at 1:05 with lv26 Clive also has Odin and Shiva available.

There are plenty of Dominators that haven't been introduced yet (Ramuh, Shiva, Odin, Bahamut's human hosts), but given the battle system it's pretty clear that most if not all of the abilities will be going to Clive. If party members were a factor then some of those abilities would be going to those characters instead of Clive.

Tags
ps5, rpg