AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-26, 12:52   Link #21
kujoe
from head to heel

Compared to the story of Wing, MSG simply felt more "epic"--not because it was the greatest Gundam ever, but because it just had a more concrete sense of scale. Just look at the endings of every UC series for example. (Zeta and Gundam V come to mind.) That's war, buddy. And this is what Wing greatly lacks--a good story with a concrete sense of what it really wanted to show. It was all icing for me personally. But then, I suppose Wing was made for a different audience entirely and I obviously wasn't part of that.

I really can't comment on Seed, since I haven't seen it yet. But for some strange reason, I feel really tempted to watch Destiny.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 14:26   Link #22
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonEmerald
That's exactly why I made this post, Because I like Seed and Wing I am a new comer? You are arrogent to call anyone a newbie unless you know their history.

Reality Check Turn A Gundam and Wing were made in the same decade.

10 of 50 episodes is actually a very good percent, Thats like reading 10 chapters of a 50 chapter book,

Finally, Childish ideas on Gundam Wing? I never thought I would hear such rubbish from this community, Simple? Yes, But then again the things in life which our simple are understood by the mass. Not that it means its better, Gundam Wing Touch's on a lot of different subjects, most of them not child like. For those of you who do not like Gundam Seed, Welcome to the future. It's like when I tell people I don't like gay people, They scream your homophobic! And I simply say, more people are on my side then on yours. It ends the conversation. Seed IS the future of Gundam. It was obvious when it came out, and it is obvious now that they are making a second season. Don't like it? Go put some black make up on and become gothic. Maybe then someone will call you different, Then again, if you are being different for the sake of being different you are not different are you? Or you could kill yourself and write a suicide note saying that you did it because Gundam Seed was taking over, maybe they would listen.

I think Traize put it best when he said, "Just think your death could have that much power"

Turn A gundam came 4 years after Wing, so it would stand to reason that Turn A would slighty better looking graphics.
Wing
http://www.gun-plus.com/screenshots/ep7pics.html
vs
Turn A
http://ww.aniworlds.com/images/turna.../turn-a013.jpg

So you can't accept that people don't like Seed, but you chose to bash people who like Turn A. Brilliant. As for your comment about using the more people are on my side argument is that most people could be wrong. At one time most people believed the world was flat and the seas were filled with monsters.

Last edited by method; 2004-11-26 at 14:38.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 15:50   Link #23
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, using the number of people to argue about animes itself is quite funny. being so passionate about Gundam Wing and Gundam SEED and starting threads like this in an online anime forum itself means you are a minority, you'd most likely be called an otaku and considered childish and a weirdo by the general public non-anime watchers simply outnumber anime watchers

If more people watching an anime means it's better, then Detective Conan is better than any Gundam
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 23:52   Link #24
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
Turn A gundam came 4 years after Wing, so it would stand to reason that Turn A would slighty better looking graphics.
Wing
http://www.gun-plus.com/screenshots/ep7pics.html
vs
Turn A
http://ww.aniworlds.com/images/turna.../turn-a013.jpg

So you can't accept that people don't like Seed, but you chose to bash people who like Turn A. Brilliant. As for your comment about using the more people are on my side argument is that most people could be wrong. At one time most people believed the world was flat and the seas were filled with monsters.
I think you, method, misunderstand what EpyonEmerald said. I think EpyonEmerald likes Wing and SEED but Turn A. I think EpyonEmerald is a American newbie (I guess) because EpyonEmerald never mention other Gundam series but new Gundam series. EpyonEmerald might not like the old Gundam stuff (graphic, designs and others) and Turn A is whole new concept of Gundam such as the world view, designs or some other things. EpyonEmerald might not feel comfortable with it because EpyonEmerald watched Wing first. That's why he/she hates it. A lot of newbies also don't like A because they don't have some Gundam background. That's what I think about EpyonEmerald. Personally I like Tura A. EpyonEmerald might hate people who don't like A and love people who like SEED. I think EpyonEmerald should turn his/her dumb head back to original Gundam for the "evolvement of Gundam"
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 01:33   Link #25
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'9999
I think you, method, misunderstand what EpyonEmerald said. I think EpyonEmerald likes Wing and SEED but Turn A. I think EpyonEmerald is a American newbie (I guess) because EpyonEmerald never mention other Gundam series but new Gundam series. EpyonEmerald might not like the old Gundam stuff (graphic, designs and others) and Turn A is whole new concept of Gundam such as the world view, designs or some other things. EpyonEmerald might not feel comfortable with it because EpyonEmerald watched Wing first. That's why he/she hates it. A lot of newbies also don't like A because they don't have some Gundam background. That's what I think about EpyonEmerald. Personally I like Tura A. EpyonEmerald might hate people who don't like A and love people who like SEED. I think EpyonEmerald should turn his/her dumb head back to original Gundam for the "evolvement of Gundam"

From what I got from his post, he said that he watched 10 episodes and hated Turn A. Which is fine by me. Not everyone will like any given gundam series that Sunrise has churned out in the past 25 years. He takes exception to people telling him that he is an idiot for liking Seed and Wing. That part doesn't bother me. Most people hate when their favorite series is bashed. The problem is that he turns right around and does the same thing, by saying that Seed haters should go gothic
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 01:43   Link #26
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
To be honest, I simply watched all 50 episodes of Turn-A raw and I found I enjoyed it a lot more than SEED and SEED-D (at least of what's aired so far.)

It led me to the conclusion that Lohran Cehak is the best Gundam-piloting protagonist ever (in the sense that he never once ended up in a whiny, spineless state like Amuro and Kira both did.)

At least in turn A the plot was original. SEED and SEED-D keep stealing chunks of plot and characters from MSG, Z, and ZZ and it's getting quite annoying. That and things are happening too fast with little to no explanation.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 03:21   Link #27
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
To be honest, I simply watched all 50 episodes of Turn-A raw and I found I enjoyed it a lot more than SEED and SEED-D (at least of what's aired so far.)

It led me to the conclusion that Lohran Cehak is the best Gundam-piloting protagonist ever (in the sense that he never once ended up in a whiny, spineless state like Amuro and Kira both did.)

At least in turn A the plot was original. SEED and SEED-D keep stealing chunks of plot and characters from MSG, Z, and ZZ and it's getting quite annoying. That and things are happening too fast with little to no explanation.
LOL GOD FORBID AMURO AND KIRA BE REALISTIC TEENAGERS AM I RITE LOLOLOLOL

You need some

/massive eye roll
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 04:49   Link #28
wao
OK.

I don't necessarily agree with microlith, but just cos they're normal teenagers doesn't stop tehm from being whiny and spineless.

And even if it's perfectly natural, if you look at it on a large scale of course you'd rather have a determined, mature and calm MS pilot than someone like Kira. I'm talking compeltely objectively here and in terms of practicality rather than storywise. Of course you don't always get people who are so perfect at piloting MSes. But just because they don't seem realistic doesn't mean that 1. they don't EVER exist (at least in this case) and that 2. they still pwn others.

People who are naturally uber-smart? They exist. Even if they seem unrealistic, it's not as impossible as somebody naturally sprouting wings and flying about, and they ultimately still pwn you.

It is nice to see someone not have the same ol problems with using MSes again and again....
Old 2004-11-27, 05:33   Link #29
dreamless

well, Amuro and Kira are hardly realistic teenagers, one is a newtype who can directly sense others' feelings, the other a coordinator who can do kungfu against armed people with barehands

Anyway I think Lohran being more calm about the situation is because he is more prepared rather than some clueless civilians.
Old 2004-11-27, 06:07   Link #30
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, Amuro and Kira are hardly realistic teenagers, one is a newtype who can directly sense others' feelings, the other a coordinator who can do kungfu against armed people with barehands

Anyway I think Lohran being more calm about the situation is because he is more prepared rather than some clueless civilians.
Thank you smartass, I was talking about their mentality, not their physical being. Physical being, no. No 16 year old is as buff as Kira is (look at his friggin' six pack when he's taking a shower), and at the same time be so thin, but then all of the sudden get buff at will. THAT of course, is not believable. More like when people bitch about Kira and Amuro because they whine too much, they only further prove the fact that Kira and Amuro are realistic because they themselves bitch just as bad as they do.
Old 2004-11-27, 06:16   Link #31
dreamless

heh, where are people's sense of humor nowadays?
Old 2004-11-27, 06:19   Link #32
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
heh, where are people's sense of humor nowadays?
I can say the same thing. Sorry if you didn't catch mine.
Old 2004-11-27, 06:27   Link #33
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
I can say the same thing. Sorry if you didn't catch mine.
Hmm... so you meant to be humorous with "smartass"?
Old 2004-11-27, 06:29   Link #34
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Hmm... so you meant to be humorous?
Yes, I am sorry. Let's never fight again. We've gone through too much together.
Old 2004-11-27, 08:18   Link #35
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ gone through what...?

I hated Loran at the beginning when I watched Turn A. Well lets say...I HATED Turn A when i started watching it.
Because...
1) Character designs are (excuse me for using this word) GAY
2) MS designs are ugly as hell (although some of them are practical-like and some of them are just taken from UC)

For the above reasons I basically looked down on Turn A, I was really bias then. However as I continued with the series...the characters start to grow on me, the MS designs are still ugly but I start to accept them. Most of all the story is so revolutionary for a Gundam TV series...

Please give Turn A a try...it is a masterpiece...even someone like me that judges the series from its surface was impressed.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 08:54   Link #36
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
^ gone through what...?

I hated Loran at the beginning when I watched Turn A. Well lets say...I HATED Turn A when i started watching it.
Because...
1) Character designs are (excuse me for using this word) GAY
2) MS designs are ugly as hell (although some of them are practical-like and some of them are just taken from UC)

For the above reasons I basically looked down on Turn A, I was really bias then. However as I continued with the series...the characters start to grow on me, the MS designs are still ugly but I start to accept them. Most of all the story is so revolutionary for a Gundam TV series...

Please give Turn A a try...it is a masterpiece...even someone like me that judges the series from its surface was impressed.
Yes, give Turn-A a try if you're a masochist.
Old 2004-11-27, 12:18   Link #37
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Turn A simply deviated too much from the usual anime formula to be palatable. To put it in perspective, if you watched Lain, you would get a double dosage of what Turn-A represented. i.e. something the critics proclaim the best thing since sliced bread, but the average person would never touch with a ten foot pole.

Gundam Wing was simply average, partly ruined due to its overall presentation issues. Not to mention the yaoi fangirls who decided that the four protagonists were so bishie that they must be gay. On a touchy subject, I thought Relena was a good character (She's the "peace" side whereas Trieze was the "war" side in the story) - she's rather well liked in Japan (or so I heard). Strange that she gets so much hate outside Japan...

I thought Gundam SEED was good - except the ending arc was too rushed. 50 episodes didn't seemed enough to close the entire series after episode 40. Personally, I was waiting for Tomino to sneak in and kill everyone in the small ORB fleet off.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 04:50   Link #38
jonli
JONLIの憂'

What does Turn A have to do with being a masochist
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 06:48   Link #39
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
What does Turn A have to do with being a masochist
Whoosh! Over your head!
Old 2004-12-20, 11:02   Link #40
shiznet

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith

If you guys are looking for a protagonist that dosen't whine in the series: Heero! (guy self sacrifices without a word...)

and he cuts down on the whole "I AM YELLING TO IMPROVE MY PILOTING CAPABILLITIES" spiel that is used in almost every other one, although i could be wrong...havent watched Wing in a long long time...corrections anyone?

I've never watched Turn A but i have to admit im completely biased against the designs...and from the game ive learned that Lohran(sp?) crossdresses? and the whole "mustache" for Turn-A is a really big turnoff for me (go CUSTOM WING!)

In all honesty the only show that I dislike just as much as Turn-A was GGundam...(stupid super saiyan thingy) It completely ruined the whole line of Gundam series with its "Save the World with the Power of LOVE (by joining hands with a half naked chick in a sheet)" ending...

all of this aside...could somebody give a condensed version of Turn-A prolouge? and reasons why its worth watching (cool factor?s)
shiznet is offline   Reply With Quote