AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-25, 10:20   Link #41
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Actually, there's not much point in telling people that the prototypes actually went into production - they are all from the MSV and Astray series - animated SEED and SEED Destiny will never show them at all.

I wonder if its the ego of Fukuda and his crew that prevents this. Or MSV exists only as a vehicle to promote and sell more model kits...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 13:34   Link #42
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
First lets build something like a Metal Gear or Veritech then we can probably achieve a Mobile suit but look at it. Phase Shift Armor is not very possible never said itll never happen but i think its highly unlikely the science behind it is not there? what is phase shift armor in Real Life? how is it implemented? what makes it work? I understand the armor that can blow itself off to prevent penetration but Phase Shift?

Were all talking about a weapon with current practical technology but the size would be 1/4 that of a MS. nuclear technology is fairly dangerous and I highly doubt that Beam Weaponery maybe in the form we see it as. I would see more of bullets and energy cannons probably from a ground base or something. Rail Cannons yes are possible. Also for the dodging part thats not gonna happen.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 22:14   Link #43
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Even if some guy can create ms.... The movement may be sloppy Right. So i think its impossible going into a battlefield with one....and as for the ms power.... Nuke .....i think twice b4 sitting inside the cockpit.......Hell..if theres a leak some where from the ms power sys then its spell death to the pilot leaving the ms to be salvaged by the opposition. Even if one ms like gundam exist then probably its takes too much time to perfect it and to do it cost more money then creating it.
2Die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 22:35   Link #44
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Actually, there's not much point in telling people that the prototypes actually went into production - they are all from the MSV and Astray series - animated SEED and SEED Destiny will never show them at all.

I wonder if its the ego of Fukuda and his crew that prevents this. Or MSV exists only as a vehicle to promote and sell more model kits...
You would be correct on the second part. The MSV line has existed since MSG, so it should suprise anyone that Seed has one. Some of the more popular suits from the various line have been made into models.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 00:05   Link #45
Fox

Actually, it could still happen.

First let's all collectively poke our heads outside the realm of anime(though not that far out, since it's based off VOTOMS I believe) and look at Dream Pod 9's Heavy Gear universe.

They developed the Gears, which are powered off ICE engines for contruction on colonies and such. Then when Terra Nova's colony was cut off from Earth and tensions mounted between the North and the South, someone had the bright idea to mount weapons on the Gear and use it in battle, kinda like how tanks developed from armed tractors around the time of WW1. It was successful enough that it's now a staple in their warfare and such. It doesn't have the same role as tanks, but acts like a heavier infantry, as anyone who's ever played the Heavy Gear 2 VG can attest.

It's likely if we do end up in mecha, it'll be due to some scenario like that above. It gets developed for civilian purposes, then gets shoehorned by accident or design into military missions, where it finds a niche to fill.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 23:13   Link #46
~Impulse~

well making MS isn't impossible maybe just a few hundred more years. and it wouls be hard to control either, imagine MS like the ones from G Gundam, or the ones from Soukyuu No Fafner, they link to your mind and do what ever you do.... well theres that or people could make a gient sized haro and arm it with guns and missiles.
~Impulse~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 23:18   Link #47
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

I guess if we create one who wants to be the first pilot of an untested Nuclear powered walking machine that is very slow and u have a chance of dieing?
Come on i kno someone wants to risk their lives for the future of mankind

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2004-12-26, 23:52   Link #48
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
I guess if we create one who wants to be the first pilot of an untested Nuclear powered walking machine that is very slow and u have a chance of dieing?
Come on i kno someone wants to risk their lives for the future of mankind

That is to say, the future 133tn355 of mankind.
I'm sure mankind can live without a new stylish yet grossly inefficent way to kill its own.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 01:00   Link #49
ctown

I have these thoughts too. And heres my answers

We pretty much don't need them. After having nukes anything is just not destructive enough. Since we already have enough power to blowup the whole planet why do we need these stuff?

The only thing that interest me is that phrase armor tech. it is possible to generate all the electron or what they call it to make any matter so hard that it indestrutable
ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 02:16   Link #50
RX-78-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Sony's latest adroid, Qrio has obtained the ability to run. (not fast, thogh.)
The auto balancing technology is still young, but it is really only a matter of experience. Leonardo D' had himself devised a mechanical doll that can stand up-right, through his study of muscles and nerves, and that's just with cables. (Recently built, tested and proven.)

The main advantage such machines has is the intuitive way it could move that a pilot can take advantage of. It could operate using tools that are bigger verions of human-sized equivalents, and no one needs to be taught how to use hands.
Anyone who saw 'Patlabor' would understand what I mean by their plausable use in the construction industry. (in fact, those who study Seed history would know the first mobile suits then were big spacesuits for construction)

But as for Gundams...

First, it is a fact that Gundams are not built for 1-g flying. Their thrusters originated from their 0-gravity origins. Gundams also have no real place to fit into modern day warfare. These days, it's more important to be invisible than be armoured, more accurate than powerful, and longer range than imposing. Battleships were huge monsters with firepower to take down fortresses, yet they were superseeded because new tactics using bombers made them obsolite.

In both the UC and Seed universe, they made sure some level of universal jamming exists. That is because right now, line of sight is not used to target an enemy. If you got close enough to your enemy to see it, you have already failed. Numerous technology we now possess mean who ever gets detected first, dies. Hand-to-hand combat/dog fighting, as people enjoy seeing in Seed, could not exist. Heck, even fighter planes don't dogfight any more.

There is only three things different between us and Seed. But they are big ones:

1. They need to get REALLY close to the enemy before they could target, due to Nutron Jammer interferance. This means hand-to-hand become possible.

2. Phase-shift armour that permits a MS to survive a rocket. (Right now, NOTHING we have in the army could survive a direct RPG hit reliabily. The RPG would be a fraction of the cost of the armoured unit too...). The problem is, as new armour technology appear, so would new anti-armour weapons... and weapons are always cheaper than armour.

3. Full-fledge fuel cell technology. I am almost certain that's what Seed means by 'battery', as that's the only thing I know that is even close to the required steady power output.

Anyway, I am agreeing with both of you...

(Keep in mind that humanoid powersuits 2.5 Meters tall actually has some possibilities in the future...)
I think if the government is really going to pay to create mobile suit as a weapon for the army, they won't start with phase-shift armor or nutron jammer cancellers.... Don't forget when we're talking about Gundams, it doesn't mean it has to be from Seed or seed destiny. Maybe they can build something from the UC timeline, like a RX-78-2.... There's no special things that are far beyond reach.
It doesn't have to be anything fancy like G Gundam or Nu Gundam where fin funnels come in the story.... It can just be a simple mobile suit with a gun and a shield... Like the ones in the 08th MS Team..
phase-shift armor... What is that made out of? I have no clue, I think the military can build a mobile suit without having to think what phase-shift armor is.
Sure repairing can be costy... But in some episodes of any gundam series... There will probably be a man with a rifle pointing at a mobile suit firing... But does it do much damage? No. Small bullets won't do THAT much on a mobile suit considering it has ARMOR. humans don't have armor. One mobile suit can probably take out like... *thinks* .... atleast 50 men before it is damaged enough to have to retreat?
For your number 2.... Well yeah it's a huge target to men holding a pistol, but it won't do much... No need to hide lol

That's... my thought
RX-78-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 03:08   Link #51
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78-6
I think if the government is really going to pay to create mobile suit as a weapon for the army, they won't start with phase-shift armor or nutron jammer cancellers.... Don't forget when we're talking about Gundams, it doesn't mean it has to be from Seed or seed destiny. Maybe they can build something from the UC timeline, like a RX-78-2.... There's no special things that are far beyond reach.
It doesn't have to be anything fancy like G Gundam or Nu Gundam where fin funnels come in the story.... It can just be a simple mobile suit with a gun and a shield... Like the ones in the 08th MS Team..
phase-shift armor... What is that made out of? I have no clue, I think the military can build a mobile suit without having to think what phase-shift armor is.
Sure repairing can be costy... But in some episodes of any gundam series... There will probably be a man with a rifle pointing at a mobile suit firing... But does it do much damage? No. Small bullets won't do THAT much on a mobile suit considering it has ARMOR. humans don't have armor. One mobile suit can probably take out like... *thinks* .... atleast 50 men before it is damaged enough to have to retreat?
For your number 2.... Well yeah it's a huge target to men holding a pistol, but it won't do much... No need to hide lol

That's... my thought
well ure talking about people vs a mobile suit. its not only people vs MSes anymore most war are fought with big weapons (tanks, jets, etc)
Rockets and cannon fire can do a hell of a lot of damage to any armor.
Unless ure gonna use a Mobile suit against really poor people then there would be no point due to the major amount of damage to the mobile suit not to mention using Nuclear power. The destruction would be enormous.

for the quoted person.
and gundams did have a way to detect enemies far away if u pay attention ull see they had Minovsky particle jamming however they changed it later on to long range visual sensors.

Old 2004-12-27, 04:04   Link #52
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Quote:
well ure talking about people vs a mobile suit.
Looks Like Shooting with Air Gun
2Die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 05:49   Link #53
Blaat

Its a Gundam!
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 07:43   Link #54
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat

Its a Gundam!
^^
the new i-foot http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/robot...nit-026866.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Impulse~
well making MS isn't impossible maybe just a few hundred more years. and it wouls be hard to control either, imagine MS like the ones from G Gundam, or the ones from Soukyuu No Fafner
well you can use a nerve connection controlling mechanisim
the pilot will need a implant, maybe on his/her backbone or neck, though.
But seems easier to control, than other system IMO and it acutally works.

As for power supply, nuclear fission is a bad idea -> you'll need turbine and water and a cooling system, takes too much space.
Maybe stirling engine powered by cold fusion reactor or something similar
or a simple combustion engine (will require oxygen anf fuel tank if operating in space)
The power supply depends on the size of the unit, for a 2.5 metre suit,
you can probably get away with batteries or solar electric system

btw a mobile suit doesn't need to be big like in all the GUNDAM series
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 13:03   Link #55
enhaw82

Send a message via ICQ to enhaw82 Send a message via MSN to enhaw82 Send a message via Yahoo to enhaw82
i think the one that are really withn reach aka that our generation will live to see it is something like the mecha's in Full Metal Panic....those units are more realistic....and no, i am not talking about bonta-kun from FMP? Fumoffu
enhaw82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 13:32   Link #56
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Bonta-kun is more realistic though, if you disregard its appearance since it's a power armor.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 14:21   Link #57
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78-6

That's... my thought
There's a nice thing call RPG.Ask the US army what they think of it and you will know how dangerous a little human can be.MS are just tanks with 2 legs
Old 2004-12-27, 18:24   Link #58
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
RPGs don't destroy tanks, nor anything else with the propper armor.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 21:13   Link #59
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
There's a nice thing call RPG.
You mean Rocket Propelled Grenades ?

well unless it is a group of gunners or one person using tandem warheads
reactive armor or standoff shields (sand bags) can handel the impact efficently.
(just noticed most mobile suits in GUNDAM do have a shield on one hand)
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 22:32   Link #60
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Shit, Even high level civillian vehicle armoring can defend against RPGs for the most part.

And I saw the other day on discovery there was this guy who created a new type of armor that he is trying to sell to the Canadian army, Lightest armor there is and was able to stand up to the strongest rifle fire, they even strapped like...I think 10 lbs of dynamyte to it and it didn't even get through it.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote