AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-20, 13:48   Link #81
Okashii

Nice laidback show, and it gives a glimpse of Japanese superstitions and beliefs. Slight poor character design but hey there's Kawasumi Ayako and Mizuki Nana as VA.
An underrated show.
Okashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 11:05   Link #82
Dop
Mmmm....

So am I the only person still watching this?

SubsAnon have been sticking with it and released eps 16, 17 and 18.
More slice-of-life/Japanese mythology primer.

Mizuki is going to have one heck of a therapist's bill when she gets older!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 12:48   Link #83
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm watching it pretty loyally too. I hope we can see more of Koseki (that musical girl with the voice of Naruto), though I doubt it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 16:01   Link #84
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post

SubsAnon have been sticking with it and released eps 16, 17 and 18.
More slice-of-life/Japanese mythology primer.

Mizuki is going to have one heck of a therapist's bill when she gets older!
Far, far from the only one. I'm still loving this show. My only regret is that this show does so little follow through. It is episodic to the core. That's a shame since many of these themes or encounters are things that I can easily wish to see crop up as sub themes in future episodes. Unfortunately it does not build. Each episode focuses on one thing only and each problem is concluded at the end of the episode.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 03:42   Link #85
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye, since its so episodic, I can just store it away and pull out an episode when other series lag a bit. The episodic nature, however, kind of hurt my overall assessment of it. If someone is interested in Shinto as portrayed in anime, I'd still send them to Kamichu! first and probably this as a follow-up.
Old 2008-03-07, 12:41   Link #86
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Episodic yea

I have put this on hold and saving for rainy days...though I do wish that there are some plot than just the "moral of the day" theme.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 14:27   Link #87
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well this is quite a thematic centred series, so a plot isn't all that necessary IMHO, though it would be nice if it had a little more character centric themes. Anyway, I'm another of the ones still following the series, I had been thinking of reviving the thread myself yesterday
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 16:28   Link #88
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post

I've seen 15 episodes of this so far and find it to be a pretty decent. The opening theme is definitely nice and the sisters can be interesting. Unless things change I plan to stick with it and watch more soon. Yeah I'm usually silent in these threads, but I figure I may as well chime in and admit to watching this.
Old 2008-03-08, 04:26   Link #89
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Still watching it as well, and on episode 22.

Very episodic...
It sometimes becomes interesting, but because everything is episodic, it's more of a "watch in monotony" thing. Well, it's only once a week anyways. And it's almost over anyways.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 15:09   Link #90
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, I do not recommend marathoning this -- it undresses the episode plot mechanics and hurts the charm. I could see this series fitting into a "Saturday morning cartoon" format.... except that almost no tv stations do that anymore.
Old 2008-03-16, 23:32   Link #91
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

And it's over!

Rating: 6.5/10 (Because it's average. Not horribly boring, but it isn't very attention-catching either).
Spoiler for ep24:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 01:11   Link #92
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

At the rate of the fansubs, I'd rate it about an 7.5/10 because I absolutely love slice of life style shows. Though I think it would've been better with much higher production values, more interesting character turns (there was basically close to none) and it does feel very episodic.

I equate it to a more homely version of the likes of something like Mushishi which on the other hand, did just about everything perfectly with the quality writing, the introspection of Ginko and more in depth episodic episodes.

I thought it is a worthwhile watch even if it's not some sort of a classic by any means.
Old 2008-03-17, 13:00   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... about a "7". Against Mushishi or even Kamichu! -- it doesn't fare well. But as Saturday morning fare for kids somewhat interested in Japanese lore, its not a bad choice.
Old 2008-03-29, 17:51   Link #94
Okashii

I'm a sucker for slice-of-life so I'll give this a 9. It may be inferior in terms of mystism, animation, or the horror aspect that people would look for in such a genre, but overall it was a fun ride.

Thanks to Subberanonymous for finishing such an underrated anime.
Okashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 01:45   Link #95
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I just finished watching this. Granted yes it was a bit episodic in terms of feel in some ways, but over all I found it to be a rather nice series. It has a certain charm to it that ultimately works for me. Granted coming into the series may have helped because I was able to see multiple episodes in a row and get a feel for the series.
Old 2008-03-30, 18:03   Link #96
Dop
Mmmm....

Well. The ending was....
Spoiler for ep.24:

I'd like to thank Subbers Anonymous for continuing to subtitle this.
While this series was largely ignored on the blogosphere I found it a charming little series and I'm glad I was able to watch it in its entirety.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 03:17   Link #97
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, a sincere thanks to Subbers Anonymous for seeing it through. A nice little series.
Old 2008-03-31, 12:07   Link #98
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I watched the whole thing, too. It was good! In the beginning, it reminded me a little of Someday's Dreamers, which was also a bit random and episodic in its opening episodes. I thought they got a bit too random and directionless in the middle episodes, but things picked up again at the end, starting with the episode where Mizuki first takes an interest in judo.

And today I see there's a "Mokke special" posted. Is that just a recap episode, or is it new material?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 12:10   Link #99
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Saw a bit of the special. Looks like a new episode. Download now, it's not some recap gimmick.
Old 2008-03-31, 12:18   Link #100
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Saw a bit of the special. Looks like a new episode. Download now, it's not some recap gimmick.
Well, I can't download right now, because I'm at work. (Shhh... don't tell... ) But I'll get it tonight. Thanks for the tip!
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote