AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 17:17   Link #141
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would point out that Binks gets a lot more hate than he deserves. Palpatines is a master political manipulator (as well as a Dark Lord of the Sith). They didn't mind control Binks to make that proposal, they guilted him into it "if only Senator Amidala was here...". You generally don't hold such people accountable for war crimes when one is attempted to setup the ability to defend the country. What Palpatine did with that power later is the criminal act, not the act of givig him that power (Lincoln had more and more executive powers during the Civil War, yet he's considered one of our best presidents).

Mind you I have encounter a Jar Jar Binks fan. They are quite rare, but are even more protective of Binks. I see him as comice relief in a film that really could have used better humor (Solo style humor) and not much else.

As for the new Star Wars film series? It could be good or bad. It might get stale after nine films, or it might become like James Bond and continue on within the Star Wars Galaxy (a huge place).
Old 2012-10-31, 17:53   Link #142
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

for the new sw movie i wish the drop the sequel and go back to the founding of the old republic. There is not that much info for that setting and the writers would have more freedom to do what they need.
Old 2012-10-31, 18:14   Link #143
Green²
It's bacon!

Joking aside, my gut instinct is telling me that the reason for handing off Lucasfilm to Disney, may be because George Lucas may have some other problem at hand that he isn't telling us about. So he likely had selected Disney as having of what it would take to continue his franchise, even if it had to go on without him.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 18:50   Link #144
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
Joking aside, my gut instinct is telling me that the reason for handing off Lucasfilm to Disney, may be because George Lucas may have some other problem at hand that he isn't telling us about. So he likely had selected Disney as having of what it would take to continue his franchise, even if it had to go on without him.
He probably to old and tired to continue his company. 2 billion cash along with handful of Disney share allow him to get easy retiring money

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 19:06   Link #145
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
He probably to old and tired to continue his company. 2 billion cash along with handful of Disney share allow him to get easy retiring money
2 billion also develops lots of low income housing in Marin

http://www.sfgate.com/science/articl...on-3543622.php
Old 2012-10-31, 19:16   Link #146
Lost Cause

Wow! Disney now has Star Wars, never saw that coming!!
In the case of this "Episode 7", I remember reading an interview of Lucas right after Empire came out, he originally was planning 9 movies.
Episodes 7,8,& 9 were too take place after Return of the Jedi.
Now with Disney at the helm who knows what will happen! But I'd live to see Splinter of the Minds Eye put into motion.
Also as a spin off the various Han Solo novels should be done too!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 19:33   Link #147
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

A HUGE problem with bringing Harrison Ford back as Han is that he has publically stated on multiple occasions how much he hated the role, and if he comes back for the money (which he will most certainly be paid to), the lack of love and enthusiasm will show in a wooden-and-unnatural performance that would make Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen look like Marlon Brando and Robert Deniro in comparison.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:56   Link #148
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
A HUGE problem with bringing Harrison Ford back as Han is that he has publically stated on multiple occasions how much he hated the role, and if he comes back for the money (which he will most certainly be paid to), the lack of love and enthusiasm will show in a wooden-and-unnatural performance that would make Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen look like Marlon Brando and Robert Deniro in comparison.
No problem, they should be able to get a younger guy to fill the role anyway!
Besides I prefer Mr. Ford as Indiana Jones, although he did a rather good job as Solo.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 22:48   Link #149
Xion Valkyrie

Lucas is donating most of the money to charity:
http://collider.com/george-lucas-luc...harity/207790/

Also:

Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 22:53   Link #150
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The 501st will march onwards.
Old 2012-10-31, 23:34   Link #151
Destined_Fate

I felt bad for the Stormtrooper that just wanted to drink from the straw.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 03:24   Link #152
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Do you think the Pixi Fairy Tinker-bell is gonna make a Cameo in the Stalgasin hive on Geonosis?
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 03:32   Link #153
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Most you are likely to get is maybe a background alien from something like "Captain EO" or an image of the mouse similar to what they did in TRON.

Though they could go the route they did with E.T. aliens being part of the Galactic Senate by adding in the aliens from Howard the Duck (another Lucasfilm title). At which point they can get Donald Duck to make a weird cameo as part of Howard's species.
Old 2012-11-01, 05:37   Link #154
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I am just happy we'll be getting new Star Wars movies!

Lol! XD Poor Han Solo :P

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-01, 05:43   Link #155
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Though they could go the route they did with E.T. aliens being part of the Galactic Senate by adding in the aliens from Howard the Duck (another Lucasfilm title). At which point they can get Donald Duck to make a weird cameo as part of Howard's species.
Noooo...!
Don't remind me of that awful movie! I can't get that disturbing sex scene out of my head!!!
Old 2012-11-01, 06:35   Link #156
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

My take on it? Cool. as long as it follows a somewhat new storyline with EU influences, I'm all for it. They need to make it about Luke establishing the new order.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:00   Link #157
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
I am just happy we'll be getting new Star Wars movies!

Lol! XD Poor Han Solo :P

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wait wait wait!! I thought Even Evil Has Standards; This is just inhumane!!
Old 2012-11-01, 10:04   Link #158
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I think it's good news. At least we'll actually see new movies. Not sure how many re-releases of the same movies I can take.

Always a chance Disney could mess it up, but for now will hope for the best.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:38   Link #159
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I think it's good news. At least we'll actually see new movies. Not sure how many re-releases of the same movies I can take.

Always a chance Disney could mess it up, but for now will hope for the best.
Yeah Lucas has been sitting on the franchise for years without making anything out of it 'cept cartoons and that TV series that never happens.

Frankly I'm glad it's Disney. So far Marvel and Pixar are still Marvel and Pixar, and they've been afforded the enormous backing necessary to make their films bigger and crazier than they would've been able to on their own. Lucasfilms still maintains the autonomy as far as creativity is concerned. If anyone is gonna mess it up, it'll be them, not Disney.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:29   Link #160
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

As a lifelong Star Wars fan, as in I had my first viewing of Episode IV not long after opening day at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood (HUGE screen back then which made those opening scenes very impressive) and hooked ever since, I think this recent development can be a good thing.

If there's one thing that Disney knows, it's that they know how to market. They will draw in new fans, and they will keep the franchise alive. Also, they know how to get good writers. I'm looking specifically at the first Pirates movie, which had a lot of smart dialogue. With this in mind, I think Episode VII will be very interesting.

The only thing I might be concerned about is if Disney (Or Lucasfilm) tries for a reboot. F that!

Endless "Fan is short for fanatic" Soul

Tags
star wars