AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-13, 17:13   Link #381
prF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Separated for 4 years? Why Japanese like this cliché so much?
Exactly. I hate these things (all timeskips, but especially such as those). All I can say is that I am really dissapointed (thankfully there is no bad ending).
prF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 07:41   Link #382
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

this reminds me most japanese romance stuff have these kinds of endings
Old 2013-07-15, 09:24   Link #383
Sakurasou

I think it was very understandable that they had to break up I mean they're still young but now after a few years later, they both are grown ups and after all those years they still love each other and in the end they got back together so yeah a pretty good ending in overall.
Sakurasou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 15:05   Link #384
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurasou View Post
I think it was very understandable that they had to break up I mean they're still young but now after a few years later, they both are grown ups and after all those years they still love each other and in the end they got back together so yeah a pretty good ending in overall.
It think it's terrible. This is not 20 years ago. Cellphones and internet exist.
Whole idea of break up for pursuing carreer after all they were doing is just retarded.
Old 2013-07-15, 15:42   Link #385
Sakurasou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
It think it's terrible. This is not 20 years ago. Cellphones and internet exist.
Whole idea of break up for pursuing carreer after all they were doing is just retarded.
I do agree with you, to an extend though. Maybe the novel will describe things better so we'll just have to wait for the translation I guess...
Sakurasou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 00:48   Link #386
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I personally think the separation is complete BS and just there to introduce drama.

I don't see how their relationship interfere with their career paths.

It does not even matter if the two of them have to be separated by distance, Jin and Misaki did just fine "staying together" (and even got married) while they are separated. What is so special about Sorata and Mashiro? Esp when the two of them pursuit entirely different fields.

Sakurasou also failed to tackle the other side of the coin. While the "normals" struggle to stand beside the geniuses, the geniuses also need to learn how to live together with people who are "inferior": because their natural talent easily hurt those around them unknowingly. Both Mashiro and Misaki already learned how they have pushed many away from experience, but what have they done while Sorata and Jin works their ass off while crashing and burning over and over in the process?

Personally I think the breakup+reunion end is just horrible writing. Something like, a fast forward in time where the sakurasou crew once again work together on the same project would be a lot more satisfactory, as it marks the growth of the characters - alas the bakas and geniuses can finally work together in harmony and see eye to eye.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 06:00   Link #387
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
this reminds me most japanese romance stuff have these kinds of endings
In Light Novels? Because I hardly encounter those seperation + timeskip, just to end up together again in other media like Visual Novels. There have been midway break-ups just to create annoying drama (and sometime needed chara development, to be fair), though.

@What about Chihiro-sensei: Has she ever been important enough to focus on her? From what I know, you get to know few bits of information, but not something like an "story arc/sub-arc" focus. Heck, even in the PSP game she didn't have any real importance.
Old 2013-07-16, 11:34   Link #388
dahnny012

I dont really mind the separation because of work or whatever. Sometimes you just have to grow as a person before you are ready.
dahnny012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 06:13   Link #389
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
In Light Novels? Because I hardly encounter those seperation + timeskip, just to end up together again in other media like Visual Novels. There have been midway break-ups just to create annoying drama (and sometime needed chara development, to be fair), though.
if you read mangas, there had at least some, if not many

maybe Japanese are not into the idea of long distnace relationship I guess
Old 2013-07-17, 19:20   Link #390
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
maybe Japanese are not into the idea of long distnace relationship I guess
But Misaki and Jin got married before their separation. That's why Sorata and Mashiro's is so absurdly stupid that makes me rage.
Old 2013-07-18, 02:35   Link #391
b10nutz

Angry

After reading all of the spoilers I want to punch Sorata so badly (*). I do not think he deserve the love of Nanami or Mashiro (especially after making her suffer so many times and snap at her for now good reason).

On a different note, I have read some rumors about a 10.5 Volume I hope this will give us a lot more closure and hopefully we will have an official announcement about this and 2nd Season soon, so we can put our minds at ease.

PS: I should punch myself also, I got too angry because of a character.

Last edited by b10nutz; 2013-07-18 at 03:09. Reason: Clear up the misunderstanding ! :D
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 02:42   Link #392
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

More despicable than Makoto? So going by your words, had Sorata slept and cheated on all those girls, you would think better of him?

Okay.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 02:53   Link #393
b10nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
More despicable than Makoto?
Of course it's an exaggeration, but this expresses how much I would like to punch him .
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 02:57   Link #394
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Perhaps, but I would advise choosing a different expression less you make yourself look bad with this comparison that some how Makoto is the better character in your eyes...>_>;
Old 2013-07-18, 12:11   Link #395
AP24

I finally have a definite answer to the one a lot of people are wondering!!

At the end of vol 9, Misaki wrote in the logs “must make sekihan (red bean rice)” and now I know for sure what that is for. It was not shown in the novel but Sorata and Mashiro REALLY DID have sex. It’s proven in the scene described below (I did my best to translate some of the conversations):

Spoiler for Vol 10:
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 12:43   Link #396
Yye1
Wide Right

Holy crap, i thought it was the usual misunderstanding, but they actually did it huh?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 16:53   Link #397
Lightning41

Sorata, you surprised me lol
Lightning41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 16:56   Link #398
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mashiro is still 'mashiro', Sorata just painted her white.
Old 2013-07-18, 20:12   Link #399
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Holy crap, i thought it was the usual misunderstanding, but they actually did it huh?
That's what I was think too! This is unexpected, to think Sorata would actually do it.
Jin will be proud of his kouhai.
Old 2013-07-18, 23:19   Link #400
Yye1
Wide Right

^ yeah, the kouhai has become a man!

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, comedy, lightnovel, love triangle, manga, romance, school life