AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-02-10, 16:26   Link #101
Wakozi

Well actually we dont know anything about annis past. Why she does all those thing, why is she always kinda sad and so on.

Also I don't think that she killed marco. She just found the 3D gear and used it. Why else would she say sorry to his corpse. Not to mention that you dont usually say sorry to someone u have just killed.

Another thing that came to my mind was when I've seen her flashback during the fight vs eren. The one with her father. Just imagine the following thing. Your father trains u your whole life and at one point he sends you into the wall to do whatever the fuck your supposed to do. Maybe you yourself are a person that doesnt like to kill others but you have to because its your job and you feal kinda lets say responsible to your father.

So that would put you into some kind of dilemma because on one side you dont want to disappoint your father but on the other side u get to know all those people and you kinda start to like them or respect them. (Armin and Eren for example).

Thats what I think about her. Ofc she is my fav char in the whole manga which might change my point of view a little bit but...
Wakozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:04   Link #102
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakozi View Post
Well actually we dont know anything about annis past. Why she does all those thing, why is she always kinda sad and so on.

Also I don't think that she killed marco. She just found the 3D gear and used it. Why else would she say sorry to his corpse. Not to mention that you dont usually say sorry to someone u have just killed.

Another thing that came to my mind was when I've seen her flashback during the fight vs eren. The one with her father. Just imagine the following thing. Your father trains u your whole life and at one point he sends you into the wall to do whatever the fuck your supposed to do. Maybe you yourself are a person that doesnt like to kill others but you have to because its your job and you feal kinda lets say responsible to your father.

So that would put you into some kind of dilemma because on one side you dont want to disappoint your father but on the other side u get to know all those people and you kinda start to like them or respect them. (Armin and Eren for example).

Thats what I think about her. Ofc she is my fav char in the whole manga which might change my point of view a little bit but...
You! I like you...actually I'd like NO! I love everyone in this forum, and I've never hated anyone for that matter..

My fellow forumees I'd like for you to spare a moment of your lives, and to take the time and read this Fanfic because it actually explains Annie's reasons about the very things she did, and why she did them....actually the fanfic is important and please Admins I'm begging you please don't remove my comment or the link, because I really would like for everyone to read it, because it opened my eyes to see something that's really really important.

The writer really dug deep in the fanfic.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/102...apters/2035442

It's important that everyone get's to read it....please
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 22:58   Link #103
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLOW08 View Post
You! I like you...actually I'd like NO! I love everyone in this forum, and I've never hated anyone for that matter..

My fellow forumees I'd like for you to spare a moment of your lives, and to take the time and read this Fanfic because it actually explains Annie's reasons about the very things she did, and why she did them....actually the fanfic is important and please Admins I'm begging you please don't remove my comment or the link, because I really would like for everyone to read it, because it opened my eyes to see something that's really really important.

The writer really dug deep in the fanfic.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/102...apters/2035442

It's important that everyone get's to read it....please
Wrong thread!

Post fanfics HERE
Old 2014-02-11, 05:57   Link #104
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Wrong thread!

Post fanfics HERE
I know GreyZone and thank you for telling me where to place this fanfic...but I think everyone should read this, because the writer of this fanfic actually explained something that Hajime san never really went into, and I think we should all take a look at it...

But I'll post it there anyway....

Thank you brother
Old 2014-03-05, 19:36   Link #105
uildvek

Quote:
I know GreyZone and thank you for telling me where to place this fanfic...but I think everyone should read this, because the writer of this fanfic actually explained something that Hajime san never really went into, and I think we should all take a look at it...

But I'll post it there anyway....

Thank you brother
Interesting read. Thanks for linking the fanfic. I really liked how the author used different POVs to explore the thought processes of Eren, Annie, Levi etc. The history is pretty fascinating too even though it is not "official". However that plot line of eren and annie... Half way though it I found myself constantly face palming and banging my head on the table :P Might be just me but even though I like Annie as a character and find her sexy and all Eren (or i guess the author) took it a ted bit too far. I'm pretty sure a certain group of people after reading the fanfic is going to flip their tables, puke all over them, and then explode.
uildvek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 17:26   Link #106
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uildvek View Post
Interesting read. Thanks for linking the fanfic. I really liked how the author used different POVs to explore the thought processes of Eren, Annie, Levi etc. The history is pretty fascinating too even though it is not "official". However that plot line of eren and annie... Half way though it I found myself constantly face palming and banging my head on the table :P Might be just me but even though I like Annie as a character and find her sexy and all Eren (or i guess the author) took it a ted bit too far. I'm pretty sure a certain group of people after reading the fanfic is going to flip their tables, puke all over them, and then explode.
Facepalming and banging your head on the table? Can you please elaborate on that part please! Also can you tell me what do you meant about flipping tables, puking and exploding...I'm trying to process this information but can you help me sort out my thoughts < I'm trying to picture the notion?
Old 2014-03-07, 18:24   Link #107
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakozi View Post
I don't recall she ever said sorry to Marco. She said sorry to all people killed in general. Since she is one of three who secretly work againist humanity, she feels responsible. Her fellow Reiner, who caused actual damages, told her to stop. Antoher fellow who caused the falling wall kept silent. The manga is telling us her fellows are more cold and calcuated in their own ways.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 18:33   Link #108
uildvek

Quote:
Facepalming and banging your head on the table? Can you please elaborate on that part please! Also can you tell me what do you meant about flipping tables, puking and exploding...I'm trying to process this information but can you help me sort out my thoughts < I'm trying to picture the notion?
Haha well first you should know I like to exaggerate sometimes. So I was reading the fanfic and all's good in the beginning. And then things start happening between Eren and Annie that rises the temperature of the jail cell. I know it's a fan fiction but personally if a girl killed my comrades like that there's no way i'm going to start having feelings for her, except maybe if she's ariana grande but i digress. Yeah I guess I was facepalming because I couldn't comprehend eren's actions. And for people who think Annie is a psycho murderer i think they would be pretty repelled and grossed out. Either way I still think she's a total badass.
Old 2014-03-07, 19:35   Link #109
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
Haha well first you should know I like to exaggerate sometimes. So I was reading the fanfic and all's good in the beginning. And then things start happening between Eren and Annie that rises the temperature of the jail cell. I know it's a fan fiction but personally if a girl killed my comrades like that there's no way i'm going to start having feelings for her, except maybe if she's ariana grande but i digress. Yeah I guess I was facepalming because I couldn't comprehend eren's actions. And for people who think Annie is a psycho murderer i think they would be pretty repelled and grossed out. Either way I still think she's a total badass.
You need to talk to the writer herself then...her name is Sue, she's 22 and lives in Germany. If you have a tumblr account then look for ponderess and leviplease, speak to her and ask for her opinion Ok.

here's her ponderess account: http://ponderess.tumblr.com/
and leviplease account http://leviplease.tumblr.com/

talk to her
Old 2014-03-07, 19:44   Link #110
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
You need to talk to the writer herself then...her name is Sue, she's 22 and lives in Germany. If you have a tumblr account then look for ponderess and leviplease, speak to her and ask for her opinion Ok.

here's her ponderess account: http://ponderess.tumblr.com/
and leviplease account http://leviplease.tumblr.com/

talk to her
OR simply write a comment on the site itself... why so roundabout?

Also why is an opinion about an opinion about a fanfiction of a fictional work necessary?
Old 2014-03-07, 19:55   Link #111
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
OR simply write a comment on the site itself... why so roundabout?

Also why is an opinion about an opinion about a fanfiction of a fictional work necessary?
Sometimes it's a good thing to hear other peoples opinions and if kindness still exists, in this rather screwed up world...then we ought to exercise it. GreyZone my friend if you wrote a fanfiction and someone read it....wouldn't you want that person to share her/his experience with it, and then have them get other people's opinion on after having them reading it! And furthermore contacting you and asking for your opinion and listening to another's?
Old 2014-03-07, 20:45   Link #112
uildvek

Quote:
Sometimes it's a good thing to hear other peoples opinions and if kindness still exists, in this rather screwed up world...then we ought to exercise it. GreyZone my friend if you wrote a fanfiction and someone read it....wouldn't you want that person to share her/his experience with it, and then have them get other people's opinion on after having them reading it! And furthermore contacting you and asking for your opinion and listening to another's?
Hey im not dissing the fanfic or anything. I loved the character explorations and her writing. I would say it's definitely one of the best fanfics i've ever read. btw just out of curiosity why did you like the fanfic?
Old 2014-03-07, 21:51   Link #113
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
Hey im not dissing the fanfic or anything. I loved the character explorations and her writing. I would say it's definitely one of the best fanfics i've ever read. btw just out of curiosity why did you like the fanfic?
Well the characters seemed more characterised and dimensionally brilliant that it would put Hajime's to shame < and I could picture that happening! Really I could see that happening, and the way it was left after Annie crystallized was actually rushed and not thought carefully. But I guess the writer had a reason behind it all, and I can't wait to see what domes next...but the plot is going so slow right now! I guess it's just me.

It's just that the characters in this fanfic seem more alive, and not so flat < I hated how Mikasa is now pictured as being motherly, such as her saying stuff like "I never raised him like that" towards Armin! But on the fanfic Mikasa is depicted as being a friend whose just trying to look out for others, and is being more of a sister to Eren rather than a schizophrenic post traumatic stressed obsessive girl. I just loved Sue's description of Mikasa...she was loving and kind! < Maybe she is all that, and I might be making biased judgements...but I'm really having hard time loving Mikasa in the Manga! Sue's version of Mikasa I immediately fell in love with her without question. Mikasa is such a strong character and one that has great qualities, but the manga is painting her all wrong...it's too rushed as I said.

Levi seems more open and willing to listen to other peoples views, and is more alive and not so cold. He really cares for Eren, and is more like a big brother to him, another family for Eren...he's just more thoughtful and he has a reason for being who he is amazing, and is willing to make sure to get all the information first, and is willing to trust Eren! Something that the manga version of him isn't willing to do...Levi look's down at people....maybe I'm missing some vital clue about him that is clouding my own judgement. Levi's emotional self control was something that really fascinated me, since he can relate to Annie, and if they were to have met at a different level, then maybe things may have taken a different course...I loved their conversation when Annie pinned him, and then went on to choke him, but couldn't because Annie couldn't bring herself to do it. And Levi's remorse of having to cut of Annie limbs and remembering what he did to her was just powerful...no matter how hard Levi tried to wash his hands, he couldn't wash away those thoughts....having mutilated a little girl was just too much for him to bare.

Erwin seems to be a bit more humorous and acts rather jokingly with Levi something that we've never seen in the manga, and I found their camaraderie really special and comforting. < These two are special.

Annie's story brought me to tears like none other...I cried for days on end...depriving myself of sleep so that I could just try and process her own past, was just too much for my brain to process. But I deeply love the girl a lot...I can't bring myself to hate her < it be too easy to hate her...I'm willing to see past her faults, and flaws because we all make mistakes, and we do things we're not proud of no matter how hard we bring ourselves to forget our past. Annie is a tragic anti-hero whose fallen simply because of her faults, and hell even I've made bad decisions in the past, but they've defined me who I am. Annie is such a strong character and she'd be fantastic friends with Mikasa, but she's frightened of her right now...her cold look and the fall comment has left her with a feeling of unsafety of being around her. And her wanting to go home just made me feel like shit, and sorry for her...she's just a kid wanting so bad to complete her mission and cure her tribe of the degenerate condition of their Titan Shifting, and Eren being the cure was something that really appealed to me. And the way she described the story about her clan, her philosophy, her reasons for fighting, the history about the how all this mess started, with the government not willing to help them so them taking action as to make a statement was really cool! And why should her tribe suffer? None of the killings would have happened if they just complied and helped them, and then there's the story about making enemies with a false idealised enemy so humanity can unite and fight as one, was really satisfying. I really loved Annie's explanation and my goodness she's sassy, and promiscuous with her words < Annie is dangerous but Annie is exciting, her been smitten with Eren seemed so adorable and so cute...they're exploring each others thoughts, and that's how love comes into play.

Don't get me started with the sex because I had a mental orgasm when I read it < It blew my mind, and I told Sue this and she herself was over the moon when I called her kinky.

You see this is a story isn't a Love story...though it's more of a story about Love, and how it can overcome boundaries. This story made me feel so weak and fragile that becoming weak has given me a new found source of strength < I've become so vulnerable right now that even the slight mis-interpreted word can be mistaken for stalking a person without having a bad intention! Or come out as a creep with my way of wording my thoughts about them. I've cried so many times since I read this story, I laughed whilst reading this story, I've became so angry whilst reading this story, I've begun to know how women think and how their brains work. I've become so sensitive and I owe it to Sue and I love her for what she did for me, because I needed this to prepare me.

However An Unbearable Sight is not finished just yet...she'll be writing some moor, and I'm doing an A2 size drawing for her as a surprise for her to which I'll be sending it to her via mail, to say thank you for the beautiful story! Oh and it's free.
Old 2014-03-08, 12:09   Link #114
uildvek

Quote:
Well the characters seemed more characterised and dimensionally brilliant that it would put Hajime's to shame < and I could picture that happening! Really I could see that happening, and the way it was left after Annie crystallized was actually rushed and not thought carefully. But I guess the writer had a reason behind it all, and I can't wait to see what domes next...but the plot is going so slow right now! I guess it's just me.

It's just that the characters in this fanfic seem more alive, and not so flat < I hated how Mikasa is now pictured as being motherly, such as her saying stuff like "I never raised him like that" towards Armin! But on the fanfic Mikasa is depicted as being a friend whose just trying to look out for others, and is being more of a sister to Eren rather than a schizophrenic post traumatic stressed obsessive girl. I just loved Sue's description of Mikasa...she was loving and kind! < Maybe she is all that, and I might be making biased judgements...but I'm really having hard time loving Mikasa in the Manga! Sue's version of Mikasa I immediately fell in love with her without question. Mikasa is such a strong character and one that has great qualities, but the manga is painting her all wrong...it's too rushed as I said.

Levi seems more open and willing to listen to other peoples views, and is more alive and not so cold. He really cares for Eren, and is more like a big brother to him, another family for Eren...he's just more thoughtful and he has a reason for being who he is amazing, and is willing to make sure to get all the information first, and is willing to trust Eren! Something that the manga version of him isn't willing to do...Levi look's down at people....maybe I'm missing some vital clue about him that is clouding my own judgement. Levi's emotional self control was something that really fascinated me, since he can relate to Annie, and if they were to have met at a different level, then maybe things may have taken a different course...I loved their conversation when Annie pinned him, and then went on to choke him, but couldn't because Annie couldn't bring herself to do it. And Levi's remorse of having to cut of Annie limbs and remembering what he did to her was just powerful...no matter how hard Levi tried to wash his hands, he couldn't wash away those thoughts....having mutilated a little girl was just too much for him to bare.

Erwin seems to be a bit more humorous and acts rather jokingly with Levi something that we've never seen in the manga, and I found their camaraderie really special and comforting. < These two are special.

Annie's story brought me to tears like none other...I cried for days on end...depriving myself of sleep so that I could just try and process her own past, was just too much for my brain to process. But I deeply love the girl a lot...I can't bring myself to hate her < it be too easy to hate her...I'm willing to see past her faults, and flaws because we all make mistakes, and we do things we're not proud of no matter how hard we bring ourselves to forget our past. Annie is a tragic anti-hero whose fallen simply because of her faults, and hell even I've made bad decisions in the past, but they've defined me who I am. Annie is such a strong character and she'd be fantastic friends with Mikasa, but she's frightened of her right now...her cold look and the fall comment has left her with a feeling of unsafety of being around her. And her wanting to go home just made me feel like shit, and sorry for her...she's just a kid wanting so bad to complete her mission and cure her tribe of the degenerate condition of their Titan Shifting, and Eren being the cure was something that really appealed to me. And the way she described the story about her clan, her philosophy, her reasons for fighting, the history about the how all this mess started, with the government not willing to help them so them taking action as to make a statement was really cool! And why should her tribe suffer? None of the killings would have happened if they just complied and helped them, and then there's the story about making enemies with a false idealised enemy so humanity can unite and fight as one, was really satisfying. I really loved Annie's explanation and my goodness she's sassy, and promiscuous with her words < Annie is dangerous but Annie is exciting, her been smitten with Eren seemed so adorable and so cute...they're exploring each others thoughts, and that's how love comes into play.

Don't get me started with the sex because I had a mental orgasm when I read it < It blew my mind, and I told Sue this and she herself was over the moon when I called her kinky.

You see this is a story isn't a Love story...though it's more of a story about Love, and how it can overcome boundaries. This story made me feel so weak and fragile that becoming weak has given me a new found source of strength < I've become so vulnerable right now that even the slight mis-interpreted word can be mistaken for stalking a person without having a bad intention! Or come out as a creep with my way of wording my thoughts about them. I've cried so many times since I read this story, I laughed whilst reading this story, I've became so angry whilst reading this story, I've begun to know how women think and how their brains work. I've become so sensitive and I owe it to Sue and I love her for what she did for me, because I needed this to prepare me.

However An Unbearable Sight is not finished just yet...she'll be writing some moor, and I'm doing an A2 size drawing for her as a surprise for her to which I'll be sending it to her via mail, to say thank you for the beautiful story! Oh and it's free.
Wow. You've got some legit reasons. I agree with some of the things you said about camaraderie and all but I think the writers are trying to paint AOT as a depressing and serious story with a bit of comic relief (Potato girl!) Anyway I know the last few chapters are just the calm before the storm so the next few chapters will be more action packed. And hopefully Annie will make an appearance. Just not sure how big her role will be from now on.
Old 2014-03-10, 14:09   Link #115
kitten320

I don't think Isayama would keep her alive just to ignore her later on.

Besides Eren still holds strong feelings for her, she should have a role in the future.
Old 2014-03-24, 10:23   Link #116
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Happy Birthday to Annie!
Old 2014-04-10, 06:46   Link #117
Kiltias

So since apparently Attack on Titan took inspiration from Muv Luv, does that mean Annie may be partially inspired by Ayamine?

I keep seeing parallels.
The Silent Types who are Beasts are Martial Arts and are referred to as "Anti-Social", the whole things with their fathers, signatures moves that end up laying people on their backs, the Traitor Theme.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 11:40   Link #118
Kiltias

Someone summarized the VN "Goodbye, Wall Sina", an official one from the Vol. 6 BD Bundle.
It's about Annie and her day right before the 57th Expedition set out.

Spoiler for Example:

http://plain-dude.tumblr.com/post/86...dbye-wall-sina
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 19:15   Link #119
ghastmine

Well im new to this but on to the subject.
Generally annie in my opinion is a better ship with eren then mikasa however thats just a opinion.
But *spoiler alert*
Why did they put annie in that cacoon thing I mean look if they gave her more screen time (ik female titan arc but why should mikasa be a huge female character we see every minute ik shes badass but give me a break) anyways annie is my favorite female character.
If you dont agree rember its my opinion and I respect yours.
ghastmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 13:10   Link #120
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghastmine View Post
Well im new to this but on to the subject.
Generally annie in my opinion is a better ship with eren then mikasa however thats just a opinion.
But *spoiler alert*
Why did they put annie in that cacoon thing I mean look if they gave her more screen time (ik female titan arc but why should mikasa be a huge female character we see every minute ik shes badass but give me a break) anyways annie is my favorite female character.
If you dont agree rember its my opinion and I respect yours.
The "screen time" you talk about she would have if she wasn't in the cacoon which she actually created for herself would mean showing Annie being tortured... would really want that?

Tags
characters