AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-11-24, 05:42   Link #5101
Parousia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
any idea of how many days all those 200 years where in real life??
The time acceleration varies by how much fast does they want. From what I know the maximum was 5000 seconds in UW would be equivalent to a second in the real world, so that 200 years might have only taken a few minutes in the real world or I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven View Post
Did they just erase their memories about 200 years or all memories about uw?
Yes, if you are looking for a reason then just scroll up.
Old 2014-11-24, 06:27   Link #5102
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven View Post
Did they just erase their memories about 200 years or all memories about uw?
Spoiler:
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 06:47   Link #5103
nooneagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for uw:
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 07:02   Link #5104
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post
Spoiler for uw:
Pretty much the armament full control and the realising phase, although, i dont know if they are usable in other worlds that are not uw
Old 2014-11-24, 07:09   Link #5105
nooneagain

Quote:
Pretty much the armament full control and the realising phase, although, i dont know if they are usable in other worlds that are not uw
ok thanks. I was hoping I could see a brief peek of how much they grew up and level up drastically as a player/fighter after UW in other games. but unfortunately for me, it didn't happen

btw in the MR arc, did they show the final fight in the sword tournament "on screen" or we only get the results?
Old 2014-11-24, 18:06   Link #5106
Flere821
Lurker

Kirito's memory keeps to slightly after the final battle after Alice was sent off, he still remembers everything in UW (eg meeting Eugeo, fighting Admin) before the acceleration started locking his and Asuna's mind in UW for 200 years.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 18:58   Link #5107
c933103
FTNR

As mentioned in EX02, after UW arc end, most of them would be in prep for public exam and etc. so there are not really many chance for that..
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 10:51   Link #5108
nooneagain

for kirito fans here, doesn't it make kirito less interesting to you(in terms of swordsmanship, reaction speed etc) when yuuki came in because, you know, she has faster reaction speed and all, than kirito. I've been following sao, and what I liked about kirito is his swordsmanship and reaction speed, I didn't find him unique in other areas. But then yuuki came in and she had all that kirito has and even more 'cept for dual wield. In GGO, when he swats bullets, to be honest I was amazed, but then after watching the new arc and looking back at GGO arc, I was like: meh yuuki could prolly do that. Don't get me wrong though, he still my 'fave' character in the series...
Old 2014-12-01, 12:39   Link #5109
dotdotslash

To me the whole cutting bullets thing really made him a less interesting character than if he'd needed to work and think harder. I also wasn't a fan of the explanation. I could understand if the explanation was "well, the developers put the photon sword there, so they enabled it to be used by both making most bullet damage crazy low and making the sword automatically tend to act as a shield" but that's not how it was played. Of course since the explanation is "predict the prediction line" there is some very small room for someone faster, and I don't think this either detracts or adds to Kirito's character.
dotdotslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 20:46   Link #5110
nooneagain

^if not about cutting bullets, how bout his reaction speed? yuuki has faster reaction speed
Old 2014-12-02, 00:33   Link #5111
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post
^if not about cutting bullets, how bout his reaction speed? yuuki has faster reaction speed
If Yuuki was a bit more experienced when it came to fighting with her life on the line, she'd most likely be able to pick it up. As it stands, the only reason Yuuki is not able to pull off half of Kirito's skills, besides the obvious, is that most of those skills were developed during a time Kirito considered the lives of others or himself were in danger. Of course with more training, Yuuki could do it, but again, there are obvious reasons why she can't do that.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 06:05   Link #5112
Parousia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
If Yuuki was a bit more experienced when it came to fighting with her life on the line, she'd most likely be able to pick it up. As it stands, the only reason Yuuki is not able to pull off half of Kirito's skills, besides the obvious, is that most of those skills were developed during a time Kirito considered the lives of others or himself were in danger. Of course with more training, Yuuki could do it, but again, there are obvious reasons why she can't do that.
IMO Yuuki is very experienced since she spent a considerable thime in a medicube.
Spoiler for Dive Time:
Also she's been jumping from game to game since before she met the members of the Sleeping Knights. I think she only lacked on experience with games that focuses on melee(mostly swords) battles like SAO or ALO.
Old 2014-12-02, 09:28   Link #5113
nooneagain

^but she was able to beat kirito, despite lacking experience in melee games? damn scary kid. imo she's kinda OP if not only for what happened by the end of the volume.
Old 2014-12-02, 10:28   Link #5114
Jarkzy

I know you may get asked the same thing a lot of times, but since Im new to the forum and there are a lot of messages just to be searching the ones that i want, im gonna ask it to you anyways:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jarkzy; 2014-12-02 at 10:41.
Jarkzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 10:45   Link #5115
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

IIRC, it ends in a triangle between alice, kirito and asuna. With asuna having the priority
Asuna: wife in sao, alo
Alice: partner in UW after he lose his memories
Old 2014-12-02, 10:47   Link #5116
nooneagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkzy View Post
I know you may get asked the same thing a lot of times, but since Im new to the forum and there are a lot of messages just to be searching the ones that i want, im gonna ask it to you anyways:

Spoiler:
probably asuna is just secured that kirito loves her more than anyone. there are others who speculate that Asuna is the main wife, meaning there're other wives too and alice is one of his wives XD(personally I dislike that lol). But with all that we've been shown, Asuna exclusively owns Kirito's heart, and of course he loves his AI daughter, yui, too. I do enjoy harem animes too, but I personally don't want it in SAO. well it already contained harem, but it's not that strong compared to harem-tagged animes.
Old 2014-12-02, 10:51   Link #5117
Jarkzy

Quote:
IIRC, it ends in a triangle between alice, kirito and asuna. With asuna having the priority
I dont think so, Ive never seen any scene that implies that Kirito has any romantic interest on Alice, on the other side. Kirito and Asuna kissed right at the ending and it implies that they love each other with all the "Id never leave the other one stucked alone on UW" and that stuff. Plus If im not wrong, at the end Alice wanted to sleep with Kirito and he just rejected and forced her to sleep at Suguhas room or something like that, in favour of Asuna
Old 2014-12-02, 10:55   Link #5118
Jarkzy

Quote:
Alice: partner in UW after he lose his memories
I think that UWs partner would be Asuna after spending 200 years there with him xD
Old 2014-12-02, 10:58   Link #5119
XFire
150% done

ALice is in love with Kirito, but from the way things were set up she had absolutely zero chance with him. At all. Ever.
Old 2014-12-02, 11:01   Link #5120
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkzy View Post
I think that UWs partner would be Asuna after spending 200 years there with him xD
Yeah, i should have said "Partner before legal wife arrived"

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality