AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-30, 10:46   Link #701
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
We don't know that. I'm sure it's not for nothing that Amata was with Mikono and Zessica. Let's hope Zessica will end up with him. She's more likable than Mikono for me
All I can say is, don't get your hopes up.
Old 2012-01-30, 11:42   Link #702
kuromitsu

Quote:
I'm sure it's not for nothing that Amata was with Mikono and Zessica. Let's hope Zessica will end up with him. She's more likable than Mikono for me
Well, Amata, Mikono and Zessica do the triangle thing in the opening... (Interestingly Kagura is nowhere in sight, even though at this point he's a more likely candidate for a love triangle than Zessica.)

Me, I'd prefer Amata with Mikono by far. I think they're both insanely cute, together even more so, and I'm rather tired of the "bad boy x good girl" trope that a Kagura x Mikono pairing would be based on. But eh, I've learned not to trust Kawamori on love triangles for various reasons, so... (Let's see: Macross - eh whatever, Macross 7 - damn I wanted Basara er, Mylene with Gamlin, though it may still happen, re: that wedding pic, Escaflowne - THANK YOU, FOR ONCE IT WORKED PERFECTLY, Aquarion - no real triangle to speak of, too bad for poor Touma, Macross F - I loved how the series ended, movies? what movies?)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 12:01   Link #703
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I'm still not sure what that Amata-Mikono-Zessica trio/triangle on the opening (and early promotion pictures) really told us. It could be trying to tell that they are the *love* triangle for the series, and although we didn't see it up to episode 4, we already could see that although at first Zessica just trying to make Mikono jelly for fun, it hits her when Amata kept looking for Mikono so maybe on the future episode Zessica will actually be actual love rival for Mikono.

But then again it could be just to emphasize that the trio is one of other groups that formed by the Neo-Deava, and they will stick with these groups from now on, while the love triangle will still on Amata-Mikono-Kagura. I also thought Zessica will be the 'Scorpius' here (as in the role to limit Amata and Mikono's love, not as in her incarnation) and together they will unlock other Aquarion's power, so I was little bit surprised when it was Cayenne whom was their Scorpius when they broke Mugen Punch seal ^^

As much as I like Zessica, I'm still rooting for Amata & Mikono pair though (as well as Andy & Mix, and while I usually don't like yaoi but for the sake of more FujoushiRanka lol moment I think I'll be okay for more Cayenne & Shrade XP)
I don't really mind with the story of the destined pair to meet and fall in love from the get-go, since what makes it interesting is the hurdles and challenges they need to overcome throughout the story. Amata and Mikono already look great together, excluding that Shush cat still get angry to Amata
Old 2012-01-30, 12:12   Link #704
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But eh, I've learned not to trust Kawamori on love triangles for various reasons
And he's paired with Okada Mari , that girl has traumatised shippers in the past,I think there's still people having nightmares about True Tears.
Old 2012-01-30, 12:25   Link #705
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, that just lends more credence to the Amata x Zessica pairing, now doesn't it?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 12:49   Link #706
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
All I can say is, don't get your hopes up.
Tss tss, my hope will be at their highest until the very end !

Quote:
Macross F - I loved how the series ended, movies? what movies?)
MF movie is one of the few anime which end up with the best pairing ! How can you not like AltoXSheryl :3

More Zessica (hope it was not already posted )

Old 2012-01-30, 12:51   Link #707
magnuskn

Well, Kawamori is playing the Amata x Mikono thing pretty straight down the line for the moment, with both characters being quite likeable. Of course, given the length of the series, there will be more than a few problems to deal with on the way.
Old 2012-01-30, 12:51   Link #708
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Well, the red-haired guy (forgot his name) HAD to ruin the freakin moment! :'(
Old 2012-01-30, 12:55   Link #709
ookamigirl

Co-ed school, now that is fun!
The steamy atmosphere was totally lol
Well... the special training was kinda cruel.
The read haired guy was pretty cool even if he is the "bad" guy.
Awww sooooooooo cute!!! Amata & Mikono, but the ending was awesome.
Can't wait to see what will happen next!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:14   Link #710
mayumi

i don't mingd if mikono ends up with kagura or amata provided the real silvia's character is actually shown from her. so far she is like nada, nothing, zilch like silvia. i just don't know why they made her to be so timid. it irks me.
so thats the only reason i hope zessica has some part of silvia or celiane as well.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:22   Link #711
magnuskn

She's not that timid... she basically already declared for Amata in this episode, just before Kagura interrupted.
Old 2012-01-30, 13:23   Link #712
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, honestly, why do we keep expecting the characters to remember their previous incarnations? And what's more, to act according to their previous personalities? I mean, even in the original series, it wasn't really all that common to remember, now was it? At least, lots of people seemed shocked when little snippets of remembrances came out... In Apollo's case, he even switched personalities altogether!

Oh well, let's see how long they manage to keep the fun level up.
Hopefully, all the way through, huh? Here's hoping for another one on the level of the cosplay episode of the original series. That one still had me in stitches, when I saw it again last weekend...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:34   Link #713
miketyson

Didn't realize Mari Okada was also on the writing staff, lol. This is truly a serious where *anything* could happen, and no matter what happens there's clearly the budget to make it work.

One thing I really like, so far: the "love is dangerous" angle actually works really well with how we see Amata and Mikono behave. They're the only trainees at Neo-Deava who're close to really being in love with each other, and it's certainly making them act like idiots (misunderstandings, petty jealousy, combat orz-ing, etc.).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 14:58   Link #714
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
@Kusa--lol at Shrade in the fan art

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAH can I take this one? (I really love this guy!)

although I'm kind of torn---this one is so much win
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler for OVA on the three pilots and Vectors:
I said that already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post

Zessica's element power is elasticity, she can stretch, deform, expand, and contract her limbs, torso, and neck.
You just managed to make her more appealing to me and I don't even swing that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post

Maybe her element power is related to fire (Aquarion evol fire palm in episode 1).

Honestly, I stopped trying to figure it out. I figure I'm just going to enjoy the ride. I am enjoying the new twist and I like most of the characters so far.
I still think that Kagura is Apollo---but *shrugs*

Honestly as far as shipping, I really don't have a preference. I was prepared to ship whoever was Apollo and Silvia--because I really liked them at a couple. Well--Apollo. I like brutish characters
Apollo, Pierre and Silvia were my faves so I am happy to see any reminders of them.

The couple I like the most is Cayenne and Shrade. The power of yaoi compels you I just like Kagura the most, and it's him I'm watching it for. Truthfully I don't care who he gets with, I am just going to fangasm constantly, on a continous basis and ohh god this forum will be wet...fangasm cybermonsoons loads-- if he continues to lick his partners. Hell he could grab Amata and hump his thigh furiously and I wouldn't care because it's not gay......if Amata is Celiane. His soul is female. It's the inside that counts--good enough for me
Kagura +Amata=Forbidden Love=Fan Girls go wild!

I mean somebody's gotta be hard gay for the protagonist---it just wouldn't would be the same without the HoeYay- I just hope I never have to see a guy have a miscarriage again--Touma's wigged me out the first time I saw it
And because--Kagura is hot
I have a 2-D complex and I don't try to hide it--yes I am shallow. I'm in just because he's damn hot (he's also bad ass) and he licks girls--oh god... I am also enjoying this series as much as the first one even I truly wish Kagura could replace Amata. But I like Amata too, I am just a loyal person. I liked Apollo and Silvia. I would rather seem them reincarnated differently, but still the same you know. So far only Kagura is this way and he's hot. So I watch for him.

I just don't have preference at this point for any ship that does not have Sezanka on board atm

To be fair it looks both Kaguara and Amata sent her over the edge. I don't think that she's in love with either guy yet, I just think it's her hormones. If he licked me I would have passed out on the floor too.

But okay, Kawamori wants to jerk my chain and I am not putting my faith in that guy. I figure one of them will die at the end of this series anyway. Why bother to get invested in a ship. I'll just have to wait another 12,000 years to see the romance ever come to fruition--

I will just hear about a few snippets after they've long died...

As for the episode. I actually enjoyed it, Donar cock-blocking was pretty funny. So was Amata flying after Zessica let him sail in her heavenly mountains--it was cute and funny. The parts where Amata and Mikono were holding hands and Gen and Rena (I can't remember their EVOL names) were like "No No No...they're almost in love" was just comedy--I really laugh. That silly background music made it hard for me to take them seriously as a pairing, because it's so cheesy. But I am not adverse to a AmatoxMikono pairing--Like I said, I don't care. Hell I don't even know who if it's going to be ZessicaxAmataXMikono LT or an KaguraxMikonoXAmata LT...

As for the "forbidden love" wouldn't mean that it's a love so strong it will make Aquarion go crazy? I am starting to believe that Amata may be Apollo as Kagura. I know Kagura is but I don't know who Amata is. I give up trying to figure it out

Oh yeah AndyXMix-- I LIKE IT
Mikono really reminds me of Reika tho---I hated Reika (I liked her better in the OVA even if she still got on my nerves)

Edit: Oh yeah, Aquaria has some really strange looking... ..cats. I swear one of them is actually a frog and the other is a barking, hissing, marshmallow --with rabbit ears

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-01-30 at 15:23.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 15:46   Link #715
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Kagura +Amata=Forbidden Love=Fan Girls go wild!
I'd be down with that, for a Gay Option...

Quote:
I mean somebody's gotta be hard gay for the protagonist---
Isn't that what Mykage is there for? If he's connected to Touma in some way (and they look way too similar not to be connected), he probably wants the Solar Wings, too, if you know what I mean....

Quote:
I know Kagura is but I don't know who Amata is. I give up trying to figure it out
But they said it in the very first episode (well, Kagura did): unless there's an extra huge plot twist waiting around the corner, he's Solar Wings Apollonius. He has actual wings, Kagura saw and recognized the metaphysical wings, and he instinctively knew what to do when he and Mikono floated into the Vector's cockpit.

Quote:
Edit: Oh yeah, Aquaria has some really strange looking... ..cats. I swear one of them is actually a frog and the other is a barking, hissing, marshmallow --with rabbit ears
I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when they come across an actual cat, Amata goes "hey look, it's a cat" and everyone will be like "...cat? that's not a cat."
Old 2012-01-30, 16:36   Link #716
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
I'd be down with that, for a Gay Option...
*gay black-man imitation*
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy... *high5*
Quote:
Isn't that what Mykage is there for? If he's connected to Touma in some way (and they look way too similar not to be connected), he probably wants the Solar Wings, too, if you know what I mean....
I think that this time he's trying to "keep him" or in this Alternate Timeline- Apollonious hasn't turned yet. I think this one is history repeating itself--the history of Celiane and Apollonius but the circumstances are a bit different.

Either Mikage is trying to keep "love" and Sylvie away from Apollonious or he doesn't know they're fated to meet and fall in love

Sometimes I think he's Otoha who wanted Touma to herself, and so she wants them to hook-up and that's why Mikage let Kagura go in this episode

Quote:
But they said it in the very first episode (well, Kagura did): unless there's an extra huge plot twist waiting around the corner, he's Solar Wings Apollonius. He has actual wings, Kagura saw and recognized the metaphysical wings, and he instinctively knew what to do when he and Mikono floated into the Vector's cockpit.
He said he saw "the wings" of the sun--but he didn't say he saw Apollon/Apollo/Apollonius, so I don't believe that proves anything. Is that because I like Kagura better? I dunno, it might have something to do with it

But It think those wings means he's a descendant of the De Alisa family or they were really Mikono's wings. If he a descendant of De-Alisa family then he'd have the power of Apollonius wings. Just like Silvia and Sirius (even if they never explained what Sirius element power was) I believe Apollo was just reborn as Kagura but Sylivie is the one they have to find and awaken--not Apollonius.
Edit:
Kagura is too much like Apollo, to be someone else. So I think he was just reborn as a bad-boy this time. Either that or Amata is part of him

Amata knew what to do --but if he were Silvia or Scorpious' he'd have the command buried in his self-conscious. He knew what to do but he didn't have help from Apollon all we keep seeing is "Silvie" Either he's Scorpius and he has those memories because he was watching Sylvie all the time or he's part of Sylvie. I can't see any reason they don't show Apollon unless he isn't Apollon.
Quote:

I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when they come across an actual cat, Amata goes "hey look, it's a cat" and everyone will be like "...cat? that's not a cat."
That would be funny! I am starting to think that they don't any animals and the only name they can remember an animal being called,is a cat. Because all the animals died out thousands of years ago
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 16:46   Link #717
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Seriously, I'm wondering if Amata's is too from Altea and it's just that in Vega every pet was extincted long ago and now they call "cat" to every alien pet animal. And he's just "WTF? that's not a cat!" because in Vega they know what's a cat and what's not XD. I mean, it's not only Mikono: Andy called thad frog "a cat" and it seems nobody was surprised about it except for Amata.

But probably this cat thing is made just for doing a "Straight man" Amata.

Edit: Ah, I see I'm not the only one who is thinking about this mass extinction of pets XD.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 17:46   Link #718
cyberdemon

Quote:
Spoiler for NSFW:
what is Andy doing to Zessica?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 17:57   Link #719
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
what is Andy doing to Zessica?
Same thought, but on closer look he is actually fingering her, while he takes it up the ass, and the other guy is also taking it up the ass.
Whoever did this image ... was kinda ... BL ...
And it could be that amata gets a handjob ...
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 18:04   Link #720
kuromitsu

Quote:
He said he saw "the wings" of the sun--but he didn't say he saw Apollon/Apollo/Apollonius, so I don't believe that proves anything. Is that because I like Kagura better? I dunno, it might have something to do with it
Taiyou no tsubasa = "Wings of the Sun" = Solar Wings = Aquarion = basically a part of Apollonius' soul. Going by the OVA IIRC Aquarion has one of Apollonius' feathers embedded in it somewhere, and by the TV series Aquarion is what Apollonius has become and which Touma has a raging hard-on for.
Spoiler for Sousei no Aquarion & speculations on who/what Amata actually is:

Quote:
Kagura is too much like Apollo, to be someone else. So I think he was just reborn as a bad-boy this time.
But that doesn't mean Amata can't be part Apollonius. Apollo himself was only part of Apollonius.

Basically - I don't think that the cast of the first series will play a significant role in EVOL. Yes, the story is well-known in-universe (re: that movie), some characters are similar, but given that EVOL is supposed to be enjoyable on its own without knowing the first series, the creators would be shooting themselves on the foot if the Big Revelations were too deeply connected to a show most of their viewers haven't even seen. So yes, we have Kagura, Mykage, Zen and Crea as sort of inside jokes (or maybe even a bit more), but I don't think we'll see actual reincarnations of Sylvie, Sirius, Pierre, Reika, Tsugumi, etc. and I don't think the story will be deeply connected to the story of either the OVAs or the series.

Also, even in Aquarion the big love story wasn't between Apollo and Silvia - it was between Apollonius and Celiane. Apollo and Silvia just happened to be caught up in it. Despite being reincarnations Apollo and Silvia were individuals on their own right, so they also fell in love as the story progressed, but at the end of the day I think the ones who get reincarnated in various forms are not Apollo and Silvia (and whoever the third person is), but Apollonius and Celiane (and whoever else was connected to them).

I think.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-01-30 at 18:20.

Tags
comedy, science fiction