Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-04-22, 02:15   Link #4181
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutazen View Post
I don't know if it matters whether it's redundant or not for Lord Mallory runs both Mythril and Amalgam, but this is what I get from the first chapter of NOT. Even the head of the intelligence agency is prohibiting Hunter and Wraith from doing anything. Also it was mentioned that the operations was transfered somewhere unknown. Possibly in Amalgam? I'm thinking that they formed Mythril first, and looking at the way things are, formed Amalgam. I mean, I don't think Amalgam is just a plain terrorist group. There has to be something deeper. Why else would Kalinin join them? I'm betting that he knows something much deeper thus acting the way he is. Perhaps all along Mythril was just a small organization under the umbrella of Amalgam?
Not reall, Kalinin didnt join Amalgam he joined Leonard. He is Leornad's subordinate which is why he kills Mr Gold and the other crew because they betrayed Leo. He joins Leo because he knew that black techology shouldnt have been invented so he sympathises with Leo in order to bring things back to the way they were "supposed" to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
You raise an interesting point about the issue. In reality, the big dude hadn't been seen in COMO, and Leo hinted there're people inside Mithril who agree with his stuff.
If anything can urge him to attack one or another, then it's probably same as Snake or finding that a chaos world will be better for his wealth or technology developments.
Doubt it is like this. If it was the same as Kalinin, he would in some way or the other help leonard, but we see that leonard is actually trying to take over Amalgam by killing Mr Hg. In the case of money, it is also highly unlikely since the constant collisions between Amalgam and Mithril produce nothing but loses from each side. I think there have to be either some deep connection between the old guy and Amalgam, not exactly leader but he is related to them somehow, or rather no connecton at all. If gatoh hasnt mentioned him thus far, it probably means that he is an unimportant character. At leats, that is the way i see it.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 02:19   Link #4182
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

^^^ i blame it all on the Ruskis, fooling around with things they didn't understand.
Full Metal Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 02:22   Link #4183
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Jackass View Post
^^^ i blame it all on the Ruskis, fooling around with things they didn't understand.
Lol??? What do you mean by Ruskis?
Old 2009-04-22, 02:28   Link #4184
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
Lol??? What do you mean by Ruskis?
said like rust minus the T and skis as in more than one ski so Ruskis, a derogatory term for Russians coined during the more tense moments of the cold war. my granddad still uses on a regular basis, as in "we sure showed them Ruskis, cold war more like cold ass whooping"
Old 2009-04-22, 04:15   Link #4185
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

OH, well yah. But i seriously doubt in the long run that it was made by russians. Yes it was stationed in Russia but for all we know it could have been antoher crazy org.
Old 2009-04-22, 04:57   Link #4186
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
OH, well yah. But i seriously doubt in the long run that it was made by russians. Yes it was stationed in Russia but for all we know it could have been antoher crazy org.
Not completely going against your point but :

The accident take place in 1981, in our wolrd, this accident create the "alternate" reality where Full Metal Panic take place

So what was the state of our world in 1981. We were in the middle of the Second Cold War, the reawakening of all the tension between the USA and USSR, and the "start" of the economical problem of Soviet Russia.

If a crazy org was doing some kind of experiment in the USSR you can be sure that the government was part of the project or at least know about it and was ok with it. After all the project would have been beneficial for the USSR.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 05:14   Link #4187
Alchemist007
*Author

Can't help but be reminded of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.
Old 2009-04-22, 08:40   Link #4188
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Not completely going against your point but :

The accident take place in 1981, in our wolrd, this accident create the "alternate" reality where Full Metal Panic take place

So what was the state of our world in 1981. We were in the middle of the Second Cold War, the reawakening of all the tension between the USA and USSR, and the "start" of the economical problem of Soviet Russia.

If a crazy org was doing some kind of experiment in the USSR you can be sure that the government was part of the project or at least know about it and was ok with it. After all the project would have been beneficial for the USSR.
True, that could be it. But then again we never know, maybe the leader of Amalgam was a part of that project or something, who knows. I just wouldnt like to blame it all ont he Russians lol.
Old 2009-04-22, 13:49   Link #4189
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

it is all the Ruskis fault, a secret city that was built by the gov just for this project. it is the same idea as the secret town the us developed in WWII to refine uranium with large magnets.
Old 2009-04-22, 16:38   Link #4190
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

O.o it may be so...
Old 2009-04-22, 17:26   Link #4191
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Inbe4arussianbashesamerica
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 17:41   Link #4192
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

**Believes firmly that the romance will live to the end because FMP is not like any other story...., period.*

**Anyone else who tries to change her mind with theories will recieve a stainless-steel halisen up their arse,..**

Careful you dont want to end up like Zac do you? *taps foot*
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 19:30   Link #4193
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

NOOO i still want to someday have kids, hehehe. And like you, i defeinetely hope for a half happy ending if not fully happy. By that i mean that everyone dies but Sousuke and Chidori end up together no matter what.
Old 2009-04-22, 20:11   Link #4194
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Talking

*screams and hyper ventalates!* OMG OMG Shutazen put 1st chapter of ANOT ;-;...!!!! DIES!*
Screams like a die-hard girl fan*

THANK YOU SHUTAZEN!!!! *crys in joy*

runs to read it!*

PS: LOL thanks sr7olsniper XD your on my team...you get to be a daddy someday..XDXD LOL...
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 20:23   Link #4195
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
**Believes firmly that the romance will live to the end because FMP is not like any other story...., period.*

**Anyone else who tries to change her mind with theories will recieve a stainless-steel halisen up their arse,..**

Careful you dont want to end up like Zac do you? *taps foot*
i agree with the first part. well the second part as well.

i just finished watching Martian Successor Nadesico the series and the Movie the Prince of Darkness and if Full Metal Panic ends anything like that i am going to absolutely loose it and kill anyone that had to do with such a shitty ending.

There has to be a happy ending for Sousuke and Kaname i just cannot see why Gatoh wouldn't end it in a good way after all these years of hardships and waiting for Sousuke, Kaname and US!
Old 2009-04-22, 20:25   Link #4196
BlueHerb

Nice. gonna read through it later on. also I'm surprised to see another person from Alhambra here on AS.
BlueHerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 21:09   Link #4197
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Hehe, you must be talking about me
Old 2009-04-22, 21:26   Link #4198
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
i agree with the first part. well the second part as well.

i just finished watching Martian Successor Nadesico the series and the Movie the Prince of Darkness and if Full Metal Panic ends anything like that i am going to absolutely loose it and kill anyone that had to do with such a shitty ending.

There has to be a happy ending for Sousuke and Kaname i just cannot see why Gatoh wouldn't end it in a good way after all these years of hardships and waiting for Sousuke, Kaname and US!
Uh, WTF? PoD is just different style than the seem ingly-comedic TV series and it's simply epic. That being said, Nadesico isn't just a "LOL THAT HAPPENS" comedy but kinda involves topics about life------and PoD just represents it admirably.

I also like to see happy ending as well, but sometimes I can't stand people who insist "it is a must". Unless the whole thing about Whispered is dealt, there won't be a possible "good" ending for the two. As a sidenote, I'm treating FMP as a real-life story so I believe that deaths are deaths, and hard life can be no end. That's the way I enjoy the thing after DBD.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 22:41   Link #4199
aniyeri

I would love to have a happy ending as well; however I agree with Hunter, real life is not like that. Also, lots of the animes, books, mangas and series that I like the most don't really have a happy ending. In my case, I rather to have a good ending that don't origins questions like "...and what happen with something/someone?"
But, I insist, Sousuke and Chidore will have their "happy ending" if they are together again, even if that means dying for both...
aniyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 22:47   Link #4200
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

i doubt that will be considered a happy ending. My ending would be tath somehow Sophia is dealt with and therefore whispereds are no more. Then they can be together again and go back to the school like Sousuke promised, etc etc

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen